Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HALP: Borrowing Cards at SCG Seattle Invitational

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Re: HALP: Borrowing Cards at SCG Seattle Invitational

Congrats on the finish, I'm glad you got the cards. I wasn't in Seattle, so I couldn't help this time.

However, me and a few others should be heading to the Houston SCG in February. If you are in need of cards then, just let me know. I can build just about any deck, should you need, be it Legacy, Modern, EDH, just can't afford a Standard deck.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Priceless....

" I can build just about any deck... just can't afford a Standard deck"

Congrats on the excellent performance Di!!

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by nodahero View Post
    Priceless....

" I can build just about any deck... just can't afford a Standard deck"

Congrats on the excellent performance Di!!
    It's a running joke with my friends, but I'm not kidding, I can build any Vintage deck with zero proxies but I can't afford to play Standard.

?
    Oct 2003
    Syracuse, NY

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    Congrats on the finish, I'm glad you got the cards. I wasn't in Seattle, so I couldn't help this time.

However, me and a few others should be heading to the Houston SCG in February. If you are in need of cards then, just let me know. I can build just about any deck, should you need, be it Legacy, Modern, EDH, just can't afford a Standard deck.
    Thank you very much! Though I do own Standard cards, and I'll only be there to play the Standard Open, so it won't be needed. But I appreciate the sentiment nonetheless.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by Di View Post
    Thank you very much! Though I do own Standard cards, and I'll only be there to play the Standard Open, so it won't be needed. But I appreciate the sentiment nonetheless.
    No problem. If for some reason you change your mind just throw me a message.

We are lost. We can never go home.
    May 2011
    Noricum

A Mod/Admin on TheSource that only plays the Standard Open? What has the world come to?

Greetings
    My articles here, here, here and here | My current list | Follow me on Twitter | Questions I answered.

?
    Oct 2003
    Syracuse, NY

Quote Originally Posted by Einherjer View Post
    A Mod/Admin on TheSource that only plays the Standard Open? What has the world come to?

Greetings
    Tell it to SCG and the death of Legacy support (especially in Texas; three Standard Opens in ~two months) while you can run through what is essentially a GP instead. Though to be fair, I play far more of other formats than I do Legacy these days given I'm trying to get back on the Pro Tour.

Vintage

Apr 2005
    West Coast Degeneracy

Want to give a huge thank you to everyone who helped me out here, you guys are great. And seriously, feel free to PM me your PayPal address, I'm happy to spread some love there.

It was the first time I ever played Death and Taxes and I loved it, and the first time I played a creature/non-combo deck in a Legacy event in over three years. Awkward shit. But the deck ran very well and I played it tight (barring two obnoxiously uncharacteristic punts in my round 16 match vs. Tom Ross where I tried to gift him the match g2 and g3). The matchups were insane, I slaughtered Volcanic Islands the entire time. Most games weren't even close. Only loss was to the Countertop Stoneblade guy who made top8, and the loss came to his last turn desperation Ponder shuffle into Swords to Plowshares, his only out in the deck. That kept me out of top8.

Standard was another story as that was an ever-changing barrage of land screw and drawing 19 lands. But I can't complain from the result having lost the first round on both days.
    Nice run.

I also lost to CB/Stoneblade guy on G3 when he flipped his last 3CMC off a blind CB trigger to counter my KotR. It was the TNN he needed to punch in for exactly lethal too. Super tilting. :/
    He must have been running super hot with Legacy.
    West side
    Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
    * Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
    My Legacy stream
    My MTG Blog - Work in progress

?
    Oct 2003
    Syracuse, NY

Quote Originally Posted by Koby View Post
    Nice run.

I also lost to CB/Stoneblade guy on G3 when he flipped his last 3CMC off a blind CB trigger to counter my KotR. It was the TNN he needed to punch in for exactly lethal too. Super tilting. :/
    He must have been running super hot with Legacy.
    That guy triple FoW'd in the first four turns of game one, followed by a turn five TNN off the top. He followed that with three consecutive blind flips with Counterbalance that game. To start the match that way, only to rebound but then lose off a Ponder shuffle was tilting as fuck.

To say that guy ran hot was an understatement. But he got the top8, so good for him.

Clergyman of Cool
    Mar 2009
    Daisy Hill Puppy Farm

Quote Originally Posted by Einherjer View Post

Greetings
    The Source: Your Source for Irony

doesn't afraid of anything
    Feb 2009
    in ur tournament, judgin ur gamez

I'd have been shuffling the everloving fuck out of that guy's deck every time he touched it if he ran that hot against me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    This isn't the game of holding hands and friendship. This is a competitive game, and if we all sit around singing kumbaya and sucking each other's dicks, then a lot of people are going to go to a tournament and lose because their pile of 61 jank isn't the special unique snowflake that everyone on the Source says it was.

Thread Information