View Poll Results: Which card(s) do you want unbanned?

Voters
233. You may not vote on this poll
  • Black Vise

112 48.07%
  • Earthcraft

98 42.06%
  • Frantic Search

82 35.19%
  • Goblin Recruiter

55 23.61%
  • Memory Jar

33 14.16%
  • Mind Twist

114 48.93%
  • Mind's Desire

36 15.45%
  • Survival of the Fittest

96 41.20%
  • Yawgmoth's Bargain

30 12.88%
  • A different card / No unbannings

28 12.02%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Which card(s) do you want unbanned? (No discussion, only voting)

Site Contributor
    Feb 2010
    Denver, CO

Re: Which card(s) do you want unbanned? (No discussion, only voting)

I voted for everything but Yawgmoth's Bargain, and I'm only iffy on that one, not super against it.

Black Vise - This one has been argued and explained to death here and it seems like a ton of people think it's safe so I won't say much about it. I just want an excuse to play Shrapnel Blast in burn again.

Mind Twist - Kind of the same I feel. It may find a home in Veteran Explorer type ramp decks, or perhaps some MUD-type abomination. I feel like if you're running a lot of accel to make the card good, you're just making your deck bad so it doesn't worry me that much.

Earthcraft - I doubt Elves would even play this card, and infinite Squirrels on turn 4 or so is a heck of a lot less broken than a bunch of combos that already exist in the format. Would at least make Enchantress playable again, and that's a cool deck.

Frantic Search - High Tide is my favorite deck in the history of Legacy, and it could use a shot in the arm as the meta has really passed it by. The legality of Search would also dramatically lower the barrier of entry to play the deck, as you could easily play 4 Search, 3 Turnabout and not have to worry about paying an arm and a leg for Candelabra of Tawnos.

Goblin Recruiter - Goblins could use the help, and I feel like judge calls can solve most of the problems that people really worry about it with this card. I'm still a tiny bit iffy about it though.

Memory Jar - Ad Nauseam is infinitely better than this card. Time Reversal, Diminishing Returns, and Reforge the Soul are all legal and see basically zero play (for those who worry about Belcher, Reforge is on color and is rarely played in that deck). MUD could use the card draw, and I feel like there are a lot of fun angles with Welder, Daretti, etc. that could open up.

Mind's Desire - I feel like this card has a stigma attached to it despite the fact that it has never been legal in Legacy. It was fine in Extended and spawned some interesting decks there. In Legacy, I think it is inferior to both Ad Nauseam and Time Spiral, but would still be interesting to play with. It's far more random than Storm's other kill-cons, and is much harder to cast. Full disclosure: this is my favorite card in Magic ;).

Survival of the Fittest - I'm a little iffy about this one, but it could always be re-banned if it dominated again. With the proliferation of cheap (and often maindeck) yard hate that's occurred since the ban, the argument can be made it would be much less powerful than it was before. Anyways, it's a fun card that spawns interesting decks.

The only card I didn't vote for was Bargain. This has more to do with Griselbrand already being a thing (and being obnoxious) than with Bargain itself being particularly over-powered.
    Lord of the Chalice

Quote Originally Posted by Julian23 View Post
    Since playing against Spiral Tide provides a lot fun for both players is something only someone who's not had sex for quite a while could enjoy, I pull out GW Maverick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brainstorm Ape View Post
    Spikes are supposed to enjoy winning by leveraging their talents, but this card can't fetch the most SKILL INTENSIVE card in all of Magic?

Clearly aimed at Modern plebs, not gonna be a pillar of our format.
    Stompy Discord: https://discord.gg/6cesvkz

Force of Will is my bitch
    Sep 2004
    South Florida

Re Earthcraft: Forget squirrels. I am not taking a side on Earthcraft, because I just don't know in today's meta. But I had an Enchantress deck that could go infinite on turn 3 every game. Maybe I could get it to turn 2 with today's cards. It has never been legal in Legacy.
    "Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
    "Politicians are like diapers. They should be changed often and for the same reason."
    "Governing is too important to be left to people as silly as politicians."
    "Politicians were mostly people who'd had too little morals and ethics to stay lawyers."

I voted for Memory Jar because I want to live in a world where I can chain Lion's Eye Diamonds and Memory Jars until my opponent is bored and dead.

I also voted for pretty much everything on the list except Mind's Desire, but Memory Jar is what I want most for my own selfish motivations.

Thread Information