Page 74 of 254 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124174 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 5079

Thread: [Primer] R/G Lands

Oct 2015
    Uhmrka

Re: [Deck] R/G Combo Lands

Quote Originally Posted by Chatto View Post
    Did anyone ever tried Courser of Kruphix?

I respect swords to plowshares too much to try it. i would try oracle of mul daya before i do courser. Primetime is at the top of the list of creatures i would jam.

have you tried anything besides primetime?

Quote Originally Posted by Cfetchcaviar View Post

Did you miss that line?
    Just rewatched the video. Yes, definitely missed the line. Completely forgot that with Urborg out I only need three lands to combo. Stupid, as you say. Game two was ugly also.

Oct 2015
    Uhmrka

Quote Originally Posted by gigapatrick View Post
    Just rewatched the video. Yes, definitely missed the line. Completely forgot that with Urborg out I only need three lands to combo. Stupid, as you say. Game two was ugly also.
    You're not stupid. Nice job on the win.

Hey guys, let's do it! The blue yonder awaits! Yahoo!
    Apr 2011
    The World

Quote Originally Posted by Cfetchcaviar View Post
    I respect swords to plowshares too much to try it. i would try oracle of mul daya before i do courser. Primetime is at the top of the list of creatures i would jam.

have you tried anything besides primetime?
    So far I tried Primetime and Rabblemaster, as 'no GY needed'-SB cards.
    "Be it ever so crumbled, there's no place like home."

RGCL (GQ)

Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Welcome aboard, in her dark name we do dedicate this performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    That actually sounds erotic.
    Youtube-playlist dedicated to RGCL

http://mythicspoiler.com/ogw/cards/m...nwildborn.html

anyone see this spoiled card?

2RG for a 4/4 body + exploration effect + ability to bounce a land to give marit lage (or itself) trample

even without the bonus, bouncing back a bog or a land targeted by wasteland for RG sounds great on its own...no?

Quote Originally Posted by djxstream View Post

2RG for a 4/4 body + exploration effect + ability to bounce a land to give marit lage (or itself) trample

even without the bonus, bouncing back a bog or a land targeted by wasteland for RG sounds great on its own...no?
    It's a good blocker I guess. And the activated ability has some value (saving a land is nice, but not such a big deal with our Loam engine). But for the extra I'm not going to chose this over more Manabond.

I could be wrong.
    Supremacy 2020 is the modern era game of nuclear brinksmanship! My blog:
    https://fieldmarshalshandbook.wordpress.com

You can play Lands.dec in EDH too! My primer:
    http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/t...lara-lands-dec

Do you have a moment to talk about Primeval Titan?

May 2013
    Canada, eh

This makes me interested for a weird transformational sideboard plan. I had a crazy dream where I jammed a ton of creatures into my sideboard instead of spells, and I had Green Sun's Zenith in there, too.

Primeval Titan
    Huntmaster of the Fells
    Hornet Queen

you know, just value creatures. Maybe even Gaddock Teeg.

This new creature makes me very interested to try this crazy plan.

Kids: Don't try this at home, or at a tournament, or anywhere.

Yes this dude is intresting, he is also legendary (Karakas).
    Regards

Oct 2015
    Uhmrka

Quote Originally Posted by t000 View Post
    Yes this dude is intresting, he is also legendary (Karakas).
    No.
    But you could whirlwind slam into an edh deck.
    Last edited by Cfetchcaviar; 12-08-2015 at 07:55 PM.

Aug 2015
    Long Island, ny

How do you guys feel about putting a Mishras factory in the main?

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

I would sooner put in Treetop.

What do you want to gain with a Man Land? Personally its not something I would run but I guess if you have a need and it plugs that hole, it could work.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Building a Fortress #74

Building a Fortress #75

Building a Fortress #76

These videos might not be for those of you who can't handle cringeworthy.

Oct 2015
    Uhmrka

Quote Originally Posted by Croprot View Post
    How do you guys feel about putting a Mishras factory in the main?
    maybe raging ravine, Village, or N monastery. . . in the end, they die to bolt, swords, and wasteland :(

Aug 2015
    Long Island, ny

I would sooner put in Treetop.

What do you want to gain with a Man Land? Personally its not something I would run but I guess if you have a need and it plugs that hole, it could work.
    I ask because I am finding that I am unable to apply early pressure against miracles in most games. Another thing I've been wondering about is garruk primal hunter because all of his abilities are insane in our deck. Maybe I am wayyyyy over thinking the match up.

Oct 2015
    Uhmrka

I ask because I am finding that I am unable to apply early pressure against miracles in most games. Another thing I've been wondering about is garruk primal hunter because all of his abilities are insane in our deck. Maybe I am wayyyyy over thinking the match up.
    Nah man, apex predator. Doooo iiiit

Mar 2014
    London

I think your problem may be that you are trying to apply early pressure. Even if this was a good idea 1 Factory doesn't do the job well enough, and using a crop to find it is a waste. You are the control deck in this mu that finds a spot to make Lage and win or makes Lage fast and forces them to have the swords. We are a Combo/Prison deck, 'pressure' doesn't really come into our game plan.

Perhaps if you talk about the specific situations you are getting into that cause problems we can help more ?

Sib

I had a rough sunday, during our annual legacy cup. I played four games, of which three went to time and ended in a draw. I never had that amount of draws before, and for the first time I dropped before the end of the tourney because of fatigue.

A quick write-up:
    R1: bye

R2: Infect 1-1
    Game1 I opened with a Molten Vortex that stuck. It was amazing, as it was shortly accompanied by loam. Every single threat was vortexed out, and although some pumpspells served as protection, they were never spent in an offensive way.
    Game 2 was a long grind, in which I had T1Vortex again, but it met Force of Will. The game goes forth and back, and a pumped attack fizzles, because of a huge stack interaction involving Invigorate, Vines, 2Mazes, 3 crop rotations, wasteland and an extraction. The attack fizzles, but I'm out of gas where he draws into more Infecters and slowly poisons me to death.
    Game3: Only some time left, and I keep a defensive hand with double maze and crop rotation, opting for the draw. And we go to time.

R3: MUD 2-0
    GAme 1: a strong start of Solland into Grim Monilith into Grom Monolith into Metalworker. I have a strong start as well in Exploration, and double land. Next turn he dumps his hand. I have the combo though, and he has no answers to a 20/20 flyer.
    Game2 another strong start of chalice 0 and chalice 1, locking me out of some very relevant stuff. I have both combolands though, and a turn4 token to which he has no answer.

R3: RIP-Helm Miracles 1-1
    Game1: Miracles is hard enough on its own, let alone the version that runs RIP-Helm main. At least I know what he's on in advance, but so is he. So we both keep appropriate hands, his including RIP and mine including Sylvan Library (ran 2 main). Alas, my library meets force, and im in a rough spot versus RIP. Turn four he taps out for Jace though, and as I had 4 untapped mana and double crop rotation, Marit rises EOT and takes game 1.
    Game 2: I have an exploration/loam start, and make a T2 token. The first Marit is plowed, the second is blocked twice by two Vendilion Cliques and he manages to Enlighten Tutor for Ensnaring Bridge, swaps the card for top and plays it. I collect multiple copies of Depths/Stage, to drain him from Swords after dealing with the Bridge. Alas, no Krosan Grip for me, and counterbalance, RIP and humility join the party. Ultimately he entreats for some 1/1 (humility) angel tokens, and does a 30 + beatdown with these tokens. The game ends before time, and as we didn't commence a new game before extra turns, the Judge does not allow us to start (I asked him anyway, since theoretically I had a weenie chance of combokilling in extra turns)
    My opponent also informs me that somewhere in the beginning I dredged into Pfire, and could have burnt his blocking Clique when it flashed into play (slap my forehead, never saw it).

R4: Imperial Painter 1-1 (dropped)
    Game1: I don't exactly know what he's playing, but do expect it's bad news for lands. So I keep a good combohand (explo + 1 combopiece), hoping to finish him quick. Turns out he's on painter, and I draw into crop rotation for a T2 token. As he started though, he commences his third turn first, plays his third land and drops his singleton Ensnaring Bridge. Bloody hell. I realise I've lost the game from here, as Punishing Firing him out in time against Bloodmoon or the Paintercombo is unlikely. I try though, but he combokills me way faster.
    Game2: More of a game, as I board in 4 grips/decays and 4 Thoughtseizes (been trying this card in the side for some time now). The game goes back and forward, but in the end I can Grip a Bloodmoon and make a token for the kill.
    Game 3: We go to time with an interesting boardstate: he has a plain, a painter, a top and a bridge. I have a Library, my token, 4 lands of which port and waste, and loam in hand. I need to library/loam for 2 remaining copies of Abrupt Decay (or gamble) as I dredged 2 Grips away, he needs to assemble enough mana to play and activate grindstone through manadenial.
    We go to time again though. I'm out of top 8 contention with 2-0-2 plus an additional draw, and while the judge urges us to fill in results I grant him the win (he was 3-1) and inform him I dropped. Just in time to still have some time with the kids on Santaclausday :)

All in all an enjoyable day, but playing 3 full rounds (and only gaining 3 measily points from those draws) really wore me down this time.

Put my first result up with the deck at the IQ that was hosted near the recent SCG event in NJ. http://sales.starcitygames.com/deckd...ion=Show+Decks mostly played against matchups that I had never played against.
    Round 1: (w)Burn 2-1 games 2, and 3 I was able to assemble glacial chasm + stage lock and killed him with punishing fires both games.

Round 2: (w) Opps All Spells 2-1 He won the die roll and killed me T1 on Game 1, I had never played against this deck before and had no idea what it did so I just boarded into all my combo hate. He landed a goblin charbelcher game 2, but I was able to keep him off of mana and he never got to activate it, so I eventually killed him with merit lage. Game 2 he got stuck with 2 summoners pact in hand, but I had put chalice on 0 not even knowing that pact was in the deck :P

Round 3: (w) Infect (Todd Anderson) 2-1 Don't remember much about this match, but I know at least one of the games I was able to keep glacial chasm on board and killed him with Depths combo.

Round 4: (L) Infect (Tom Ross) 1-2 Tom was able to kill me pretty easily with fast hands. Not sure if I sideboarded correctly. Should I bring in chalice for the MU? or is it not good enough.

Round 5: (w) Shardless 2-0 Pretty easy win with Depths game 1 on turn 3 and in game 2 was able to deny his mana with ports/wasteland and killed all his threats with P.fire and got a Merit Lage on board for the win.

Round 6: ID

In the top 8 I was paired with the Jeskai Stoneblade deck and lost 1-2. Game 1 he killed me with TNN and in game 3 he was able to lock me out with blood moon, 2 pithing needles, and 2 rest in piece. I was not able to find my sylvan library, and could only remove so many of his sideboard cards.

Hello. I'm still very new to the deck, but I was wondering if someone could layout the merits of Choke vs Trinisphere. It seems like they can, for the most part, accomplish similar goals with Trinisphere being a bit more versatile. The main sacrifice being that Choke can actually lock someone out of the game, whereas Trinisphere gives them the possibility of maybe playing Magic at some point. I think running Trinisphere over Choke is probably fine (giving up points in some areas while making up points in others - including versatility), but because of my lack of experience I don't know if I'm missing something important. Any insights you all can give me would be very much appreciated.

Aug 2015
    Long Island, ny

Quote Originally Posted by Sibelius View Post
    I think your problem may be that you are trying to apply early pressure. Even if this was a good idea 1 Factory doesn't do the job well enough, and using a crop to find it is a waste. You are the control deck in this mu that finds a spot to make Lage and win or makes Lage fast and forces them to have the swords. We are a Combo/Prison deck, 'pressure' doesn't really come into our game plan.

Perhaps if you talk about the specific situations you are getting into that cause problems we can help more ?

Sib
    I find that my problems are mostly associated with dealing with Jace. I play bosejiu still so counter top isn't too problematic. I currently play 2 chokes as well but I've found that km siding so much out for this match up that the game usually stalls and they are better at the "draw, go" game than we are in my experience.

Thread Information