Page 223 of 254 FirstFirst ... 123173213219220221222223224225226227233 ... LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,460 of 5079

Thread: [Primer] R/G Lands

Re: [DTB] R/G Combo Lands

Quote Originally Posted by OldSpellMaster View Post
    My oppinion: You have EE and don't need Drop of Honey.
    And I wouldn't include Tormod's Crypt.
    The deck seems good for the rest.
    What would you recommend replacing Drop and Crypt with? Revokers?

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorQuantum View Post
    What would you recommend replacing Drop and Crypt with? Revokers?
    Revokers are not bad. I also still experiment with Mirage Mirror but have no results (neither + nor - ) so far.
    The best tip from my side: Ask at least someone else ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Epeirogeny View Post
    Why is Lingering Souls starting to see play in some Lands sideboards? I get the lists usually run Bojuka Bog, Riftstone Portal, Horizon Canopy, and/or Murmuring Bosk somewhere in the list to help with the color fixing. Yet, I do not see what this is supposed to come in against.
    To my knowledge it's pretty much solely being pioneered by one of the more well-known Lands players from Japan (yekcat on MTGO). He's testing it out because it's particularly strong against midrange decks. It provides cover for the Marit Lage token against Diabolic Edict and a reasonable clock if the token gets Swords to Plowshared.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkgobs View Post
    Maybe to help in metas that are heavy on edict-like effects?
    I would sooner run Wail for Edict protection. No clock, but other useful modes an requires no splash.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSpellMaster View Post
    And I wouldn't include Tormod's Crypt.
    The other local Lands was running a Crypt in the board for a while. It's very good with Academy Ruins (and T.West, if you run it). It also has the benefit of firing at instant speed without needing Crop Rotation.

If your meta is heavy on graveyard decks, it might be an okay meta call.
    Supremacy 2020 is the modern era game of nuclear brinksmanship! My blog:
    https://fieldmarshalshandbook.wordpress.com

You can play Lands.dec in EDH too! My primer:
    http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/t...lara-lands-dec

Quote Originally Posted by Crimhead View Post
    I would sooner run Wail for Edict protection. No clock, but other useful modes an requires no splash.

The other local Lands was running a Crypt in the board for a while. It's very good with Academy Ruins (and T.West, if you run it). It also has the benefit of firing at instant speed without needing Crop Rotation.

If your meta is heavy on graveyard decks, it might be an okay meta call.

Warping wail? That will only counter sorcery spells so diabolical edict will still get through correct?

Use the secret mode on Warping Wail.
    If you're wondering how I produce blue mana, I copy my opponent's Island with Thespian's Stage

My Youtube and Twitch usernames are DNSolver.

I am the Legacy metagame:

-2016 Eternal Weekend Europe won by BR Reanimator (I wrote the primer)
    -2016 Eternal Weekend North America won by Turbo Dark Depths (I write about and develop the winning version specifically)
    -Refiner of Hogaak Depths.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension1223 View Post
    Warping wail? That will only counter sorcery spells so diabolical edict will still get through correct?
    Wail can make a token. Feed the token to the Edict, Marit Lage lives.
    Last edited by Crimhead; 08-18-2017 at 03:50 PM.
    Supremacy 2020 is the modern era game of nuclear brinksmanship! My blog:
    https://fieldmarshalshandbook.wordpress.com

You can play Lands.dec in EDH too! My primer:
    http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/t...lara-lands-dec

Quote Originally Posted by Crimhead View Post
    Wail can make a token.
    Clever girl.

Quote Originally Posted by filln View Post
    To my knowledge it's pretty much solely being pioneered by one of the more well-known Lands players from Japan (yekcat on MTGO). He's testing it out because it's particularly strong against midrange decks. It provides cover for the Marit Lage token against Diabolic Edict and a reasonable clock if the token gets Swords to Plowshared.

Yea, I noticed it is coming from Japan. I always like to keep an eye on that meta cause it is always different. But there is no game play footage or commentary I can find on the card choice. Not only that, it is a black/white card and out of colors normally seen for lands.

I get the argument for edict effects. But similar to what someone else said about Swords to Plowshares. It is annoying, but does not break us. We can just recur the Depths and Stage back to our hand, particularly in game 1 before graveyard hate. I do not think he would use 4 whole sideboard slots (3 souls and the tri-land) just because of edict effects. Plus, Diabolic Edict is an instant so it would require us to be proactive making the spirit tokens before Marit Lage is out.

At three mana, which is on the same curve as tracker, I do not see it better than Tireless Tracker against the slow U/W control miracle decks reappearing. If I am missing something, please let me know.

It can't go wider than Grixis Delver, which is a fantastic match up anyway, so he would not use 4 slots for Delver.

Its obviously not there for any combo matchup.

So what is it coming in against? Or is Diabolic Edict really that bad against us? So far, I have not had anyone cast Edict against me, but have been Pathed and Sworded many times and it is not a big deal to dedicate sideboard slots to.

PS: is there a hexproof/shroud creature that needs to be chump blocked that Maze of Ith cannot handle?
    Legacy
    &
    Vintage

Quote Originally Posted by Epeirogeny View Post
    PS: is there a hexproof/shroud creature that needs to be chump blocked that Maze of Ith cannot handle?
    Nothing as bad as a TNN or a Progenitus.
    Last edited by OldSpellMaster; 08-21-2017 at 03:22 AM.

So last night porphyry nodes spiked, Im assuming cause its a cheaper alternative to drop. Maybe not the greatest alternative but one nonetheless. Has anyone seen/heard of lists running it? I know its been tossed around but is it heading that route for budget reasons?

Lingering souls is legit. I've won more games from it than I did with Tracker.

Oct 2015
    Virginia

Now Playing:
    Dark depths
    Reanimator
    MUD
    Disclaimer: The above person does not claim to have knowledge pertaining to the following subject: anything. Thus, said person may not be held liable for any mishaps/explosions that his advice incurs.

Hey guys, let's do it! The blue yonder awaits! Yahoo!
    Apr 2011
    The World

Quote Originally Posted by skrowtobaggins View Post
    So last night porphyry nodes spiked, Im assuming cause its a cheaper alternative to drop. Maybe not the greatest alternative but one nonetheless. Has anyone seen/heard of lists running it? I know its been tossed around but is it heading that route for budget reasons?
    Could be, but i've never seen a list that run one-two in te sb. Probably because you'll have to re-tune your deck.
    "Be it ever so crumbled, there's no place like home."

RGCL (GQ)

Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Welcome aboard, in her dark name we do dedicate this performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    That actually sounds erotic.
    Youtube-playlist dedicated to RGCL

Quote Originally Posted by skrowtobaggins View Post
    I was thinking about a white splash list last night. There are a decent amount of "incidental" white sources, such as Karakas and Horizon Canopy. There is also a fetchable GW cycler in Scattered Groves. And of course, play a Savannah.

For sideboard I also added Containment Priest because we are already in white and it helps with our worst match ups. Experimental SB-

1 Ancient Tomb
    4 Thorn of Amethyst
    3 Krosan Grip
    1 Crucible of Worlds
    2 Tireless Tracker
    2 Containment Priest
    2 Porphyry Nodes
    Last edited by rlesko; 08-22-2017 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rlesko View Post
    I was thinking about a white splash list last night. There are a decent amount of "incidental" white sources, such as Karakas and Horizon Canopy. There is also a fetchable GW cycler in Scattered Groves. And of course, play a Savannah.

For sideboard I also added Containment Priest because we are already in white and it helps with our worst match ups. Experimental SB-

1 Ancient Tomb
    4 Thorn of Amethyst
    3 Krosan Grip
    1 Crucible of Worlds
    2 Tireless Tracker
    2 Containment Priest
    2 Porphyry Nodes
    Rubbish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys, let's do it! The blue yonder awaits! Yahoo!
    Apr 2011
    The World

Quote Originally Posted by Lichking616 View Post
    Rubbish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What he means is, some 'accidental' white sources, and a Savannah isn't enough.
    "Be it ever so crumbled, there's no place like home."

RGCL (GQ)

Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Welcome aboard, in her dark name we do dedicate this performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    That actually sounds erotic.
    Youtube-playlist dedicated to RGCL

The mana can be made to work for a white splash. Seeing as though I didn't even propose a manabase for the deck it would be hard for that to have been his message. What is the minimum number of white sources needed to reliably have it by turn 2 (earliest)? This isn't like the black splash where the deck is trying to lead on thoughtseize vs combo, etc.

I'd say that a single savannah along w/ moxes and canopy is fine for a light white splash. I'm unsure w/ porphryr nodes, but I've tried the white splash on occassion with ~8 white hatebears postboard and it was fine because the decks you board in the white stuff don't typically attack your mana directly. Moon still hits quite hard, but the higher likelihood of getting a beater down early usually mitigated moon's effect more than usual.

The white for porphryr nodes is different because you are actually boarding it in vs decks that are attacking your mana, which probably makes it strictly inferior to drop of honey in most applications (cost aside). Still, I'd be interested to hear what your testing results are.

Quote Originally Posted by somethingdotdotdot View Post
    I'd say that a single savannah along w/ moxes and canopy is fine for a light white splash. I'm unsure w/ porphryr nodes, but I've tried the white splash on occassion with ~8 white hatebears postboard and it was fine because the decks you board in the white stuff don't typically attack your mana directly. Moon still hits quite hard, but the higher likelihood of getting a beater down early usually mitigated moon's effect more than usual.

The white for porphryr nodes is different because you are actually boarding it in vs decks that are attacking your mana, which probably makes it strictly inferior to drop of honey in most applications (cost aside). Still, I'd be interested to hear what your testing results are.
    Yea, not sure why my my idea was met with so much vitriol. I agree that it is no ideal to board nodes in against a deck that may wasteland you- but you only need to tap it for white one time (if it resolves and you get wastelanded afterwards, you probably don't care. If it gets countered and you get wastelanded afterwards, you still probably don't care). This could create some awkward situations (hence nodes being the "budget" solution to Drop), but thats why I wouldn't splash white just for porphyry nodes. The % points you lose by having node be tougher to cast could be outweighed by the % points you get against reanimator / sneak etc. Just throwing it out there.

Thread Information