Page 237 of 254 FirstFirst ... 137187227233234235236237238239240241247 ... LastLast
Results 4,721 to 4,740 of 5079

Thread: [Primer] R/G Lands

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Re: [DTB] R/G Lands

What's the deck? Force is in a lot of decks. Against SnT I want the Sphere, against Pile I want Exploration.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiktul View Post
    You're on the play against an opponent with FoWs. You have Mox, Exploration, Sphere of Resistance, Wooded Foothills, Grove, Thespian and Depths.
    With Sphere in hand, this is post board and we should know exactly what we are facing. FoW isn't enough information here.
    Supremacy 2020 is the modern era game of nuclear brinksmanship! My blog:
    https://fieldmarshalshandbook.wordpress.com

You can play Lands.dec in EDH too! My primer:
    http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/t...lara-lands-dec

Jan 2017
    Poland

Quote Originally Posted by Crimhead View Post
    With Sphere in hand, this is post board and we should know exactly what we are facing. FoW isn't enough information here.
    Any deck with FoWs against which you would side Spheres in - miracles, show, leovold 4c with it's greedy mana, UR delver. Choose whatever you want, I guess the dilema with such a hand is quite universal in that case.

"What's the play" type of question:

You're on the play against an opponent with FoWs. You have Mox, Exploration, Sphere of Resistance, Wooded Foothills, Grove, Thespian and Depths.

What's your plan? Would you like to slow him down first or accelerate as fast as possible? Would you play right away what you consider more important, or would you rather play the "less" important thing first, to bait his potential FoW? What would you pitch for Mox and why?
    I would always try to get the maximum out of it, assuming nothing will be countered. So play the Mox discarding Grove, play fetch, play exploration play stage and play sphere.
    But normally, your exploration gets countered and the sphere gets duressed ;-)
    Whatever you do, you either get all out or have the combo out turn 3. (Mox normally will not be FoW'd, but spiked, so play the land before Mox when on the draw)

Site Contributor

Dec 2013

"What's the play" type of question:

play mox, pitch grove. fetch taiga, play sphere...

if the sphere is countered, you still have your turn 2 draw and the natural combo still in hand.
    if the sphere isn't countered, pitching grove is the better choice since you won't be punishing-firing through your own sphere.

DTB 2 months in a row now!

And dollars-to-doughnuts Lands sees less than half as much competitive play as any other archetype on the short list. Our deck rocks!

What's our percentage against B/R Reanimator? I very rarely find a way around it to win.
    Legacy
    &
    Vintage

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Low. They are Betcher with Hand Disruption.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Jan 2014
    San Diego, CA

Yeah, in my experience it’s pretty tough. Up there with Sneak & Show as one of our worst matchups.

Hey guys, let's do it! The blue yonder awaits! Yahoo!
    Apr 2011
    The World

All my wins were based on luck: well-timed CR, and bad draws for my opponent.
    "Be it ever so crumbled, there's no place like home."

RGCL (GQ)

Welcome aboard, in her dark name we do dedicate this performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    That actually sounds erotic.
    Youtube-playlist dedicated to RGCL

Quote Originally Posted by Chatto View Post
    All my wins were based on luck: well-timed CR, and bad draws for my opponent.
    Same here: A non-duressed non-countered CropRotation into a Bog, sometimes a Sphere to get time.
    If I'm on the draw and he has a good hand, it's just ower before it begins. No chance.

Wow. Sounds like bad MU. How did you win against all these ANT, Sneak...?
    Safekeeper in side sounds interesting. Does it perform?

Both G1 of ANT and Sneak, I got lucky and raced.
    G2 against sneak, I lose to a blood moon and early sneak attack. G3, he keeps: Petal, Volcanic, Spell Pierce, Sneak attack, Show and Tell, Force of Will, Blood Moon. He draws brainstorm and casts it T1 off volc, and locks himself while finding no land. In the mean time, he forces a T2 tracker off a mox diamond from me, so from there I crop rotation a wasteland, grip the petal and gamble for a sphere of resistance which resolves and I have him locked under loam + GQ/waste.

G2, I lose T1 against ANT.
    G3, he mulls hard, his T1 duress takes my sphere, I decide I have no other plan than to race, so T2, play land, rotate for tomb and slam tracker and start beating + drawing cards. 5 cards in hand I gamble for a thorn, and lose it to the gamble, he thinks he can delay one more turn, but I can crack 3 clues in a single turn and smash for 8 with tracker on the third attack.

So.. luck. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkii View Post
    Both G1 of ANT and Sneak, I got lucky and raced.
    G2 against sneak, I lose to a blood moon and early sneak attack. G3, he keeps: Petal, Volcanic, Spell Pierce, Sneak attack, Show and Tell, Force of Will, Blood Moon. He draws brainstorm and casts it T1 off volc, and locks himself while finding no land. In the mean time, he forces a T2 tracker off a mox diamond from me, so from there I crop rotation a wasteland, grip the petal and gamble for a sphere of resistance which resolves and I have him locked under loam + GQ/waste.

G2, I lose T1 against ANT.
    G3, he mulls hard, his T1 duress takes my sphere, I decide I have no other plan than to race, so T2, play land, rotate for tomb and slam tracker and start beating + drawing cards. 5 cards in hand I gamble for a thorn, and lose it to the gamble, he thinks he can delay one more turn, but I can crack 3 clues in a single turn and smash for 8 with tracker on the third attack.

So.. luck. ;)
    Sparki, you're one of the reasons I even began to play Lands and I know you're a good pilot, so it's not just luck ;-)

Btw.a question because you play RGu too: It seems I tend to go straight to dredge and never do the EE lock properly. When our how do you decide to go in the EE+ Academy Ruins way? I mean, do you decide it depending on opponents deck from the beginning of just if you draw or dredge a ruin our EE?

Jan 2017
    Poland

Regarding all really good performances of various Lands builds in recent days and months (including Turbo Depths), do you think that more decks will turn to main deck Edict? If so, what are your thoughts about including Driad Arbour in the main? Personally I wasn't a big fan of ideas such as this or Mishra, but I guess it's a think to consider now, especially if various Lands will maintain their winning streak.

Regarding all really good performances of various Lands builds in recent days and months (including Turbo Depths), do you think that more decks will turn to main deck Edict? If so, what are your thoughts about including Driad Arbour in the main? Personally I wasn't a big fan of ideas such as this or Mishra, but I guess it's a think to consider now, especially if various Lands will maintain their winning streak.
    If you are playing in a local meta, your opponents should be SBing for that meta; so the recent success shouldn't matter unless you think your opponents are going to preempt an anticipated surge of Lands players (which is unlikely in most communities I would think).
    Plenty of Lands around here, so I'm used to the Edicts.

That said, there are always players who cut and paste SBs with no respect to their local meta, and this might bite you.

Personally I prefer Factory over a CIPT land that dies to removal. It also blocks like a champ.
    Warping Wail is another option with more value outside of hosing Edict..
    You can also remake the token, or just grind them into the dust.

I'm playing factory. It is so good in so many ways. I really like it. And I even don't see much edicts...

Quote Originally Posted by OldSpellMaster View Post
    I'm playing factory. It is so good in so many ways. I really like it. And I even don't see much edicts...
    ...played online and the edict did nothing because of my factory (so I won. Without I had lost the game). An arbor would have been killed earlier, the wail was too expensive.
    I almost always like to draw a factory. The others...hm, not so much.

I'm not sure if this has been discussed before, but what would people think about codex shredder as a sideboard 1-of in RUG lands?

It can recur non-artifact cards in grindy games and you can bring that back with academy ruins.

Thread Information