Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Eternal Weekend: Legacy/Vintage Champs (August 21st- August 23rd, Philadelphia)

bruizar

Re: Eternal Weekend: Legacy/Vintage Champs (August 21st- August 23rd, Philadelphia)

Jace seeing action now!

Joe Cool Above All
    Sep 2007

Re: Eternal Weekend: Legacy/Vintage Champs (August 21st- August 23rd, Philadelphia)

Twin in the top 8.

It was hard watching the Miracles player throwing game three versus Twin at the end there.

http://magic.wizards.com/en/events/c...sts-2015-08-22

http://magic.wizards.com/en/events/c...sts-2015-08-22

Play control for 11-rounds cannot be healthy. 9 rounds is taxing enough on the human brain already.

4 Grixis/4-color Delver decks in the Top 8, no Miracles in the Top 16.

For your next Legacy deck, consider running
    4 Sulfur Elemental
    4 Slice and Dice
    Your token problems solved.

Nov 2006
    London

Quote Originally Posted by HSCK View Post
    Twin in the top 8.
    First Vintage now Legacy? It can't just be a fluke

Quote Originally Posted by keys View Post
    Link to Vintage list please :)
    "Everything is better topless"

They see me puntin'
    May 2010
    Finland

Nice combeback in g2 @finals by Bob.

Oct 2014
    Rockland, NY

The 2 Jace, Vryn's Prodigy in that 4c delver deck is pretty spicy.

The Agonistic Antagonist
    Mar 2015

Sure it's a fluke. If people star seriously playing the deck, it'll be sideboarded for and chances are it won't be a presence post-that meta shift.

!
    Jan 2010
    Lehigh Valley, PA

It's a format-dominating compact combo that's half blue. I'm not surprised.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Watching oath get crushed by living wish belcher gave me an erection.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Went 9-2 and finished in 14th overall.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Are the placings for top 8 documented anywhere?

I played Max round 3 when we were both 1-1. Twin shocked me. He had the basic Island he needed to play Exarch through my Blood Mood. The next game I played a Revoker, naming Exarch. Then I proceeded to attack him with said Revoker, like a dumbass. He flashed the Exarch in and blocked, then enchanted it on his turn.

Everyone I told about Twin assumed he brought a Modern deck. They just laughed when I said he was using dual lands. Max said the Tundra in his list was to trick people into thinking he was playing Miracles.
    Last edited by Ace/Homebrew; 08-24-2015 at 11:13 PM.

Judgy Curmudgeon
    Feb 2006

Bob played the HELL out of those games.

Overall, I thought the event was great, but I am VERY unhappy with the Judge interaction I've seen on camera. Taking 3-4 mins to answer basic format-related questions, and some of the rulings have been... dubious.

Out-of-order sequencing on that game where the guy missed his Pyromancer trigger? That was terrible...
    Check out my Legacy UBTezz Primer. Chalice of the Void: Keeping Magic Fair.
    -----
    Playing since '96. Brief forced break '02-04. Former/Idle Judge since '05. Told Smmenen to play faster at Vintage Worlds.
    -----
    Most of the 'Ban brainstorm!' arguments are based on the logic that 'more different cards should get played in Legacy', as though the success or health of the format can be measured by the portion of cards that are available and see play. This is an idiotic metric.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace/Homebrew View Post
    Are the placings for top 8 documented anywhere?

I played Max round 4 when we were both 1-2. Twin shocked me. He had the basic Island he needed to play Exarch through my Blood Mood. The next game I played a Revoker, naming Exarch. Then I proceeded to attack him with said Revoker, like a dumbass. He flashed the Exarch in and blocked, then enchanted it on his turn.

Everyone I told about Twin assumed he brought a Modern deck. They just laughed when I said he was using dual lands. Max said the Tundra in his list was to trick people into thinking he was playing Miracles.
    http://www.mtggoldfish.com/tournamen...y-championship

bruizar

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    Oath got its revenge in the finals.

Delver player island go
    Upkeep tap island, Ancestrall Recall
    Oath player Misdirection on Ancestrall Recall pitching Misdirection
    Delver player Mental Misstep on own Ancestrall Recall
    Oath player Forbidden Orchard into Black Lotus into Oath of Druids into Time Walk

GG

Pray for Rain
    May 2010
    Philadelphia, PA, USA

Quote Originally Posted by jrsthethird View Post
    It's a format-dominating compact combo that's half blue. I'm not surprised.
    It's fucking awful and you know it. I have to resolve a 3 drop blue creature and untap with it to resolve a 4 mana red enchantment on that creature? In the format where daze/stifle/waste/pierce/reb/beb/swords/bolt exist? Yeah... no
    Matt Bevenour in real life

Long Live Maverick
    Dec 2012
    Kennesaw, GA, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    Here's the VOD too.

http://www.twitch.tv/cardtitan/v/12371480?t=4h05m21s
    Tusk up.
    (Not so) Current Decks: GB Elves, GW Maverick, GWb Maverick, LED Dredge, ANT, TES, Jund Storm.

Judgy Curmudgeon
    Feb 2006

Quote Originally Posted by bruizar View Post
    Oath got its revenge in the finals.
    Last year... Back when cruise was unrestricted.

Mind you, this years final was still sweet. There was some really good Magic placed yesterday. Manual-mode Dredge may be my hero.
    Check out my Legacy UBTezz Primer. Chalice of the Void: Keeping Magic Fair.
    -----
    Playing since '96. Brief forced break '02-04. Former/Idle Judge since '05. Told Smmenen to play faster at Vintage Worlds.
    -----
    Most of the 'Ban brainstorm!' arguments are based on the logic that 'more different cards should get played in Legacy', as though the success or health of the format can be measured by the portion of cards that are available and see play. This is an idiotic metric.

May 2015
    PDX

Quote Originally Posted by Ellomdian View Post
    Manual-mode Dredge may be my hero.
    I have to imagine he was watching the legacy portion the day before, sees how manaless dredge opens [no mulls, move to discard], and is instantly inspired to run it back in vintage. Probably the most fun I've had watching dredge.

Thread Information