Thread: [Legacy Lessons] Tips and Tricks for GP Lille

We are lost. We can never go home.
    May 2011
    Noricum

[Legacy Lessons] Tips and Tricks for GP Lille

My articles here, here, here and here | My current list | Follow me on Twitter | Questions I answered.

Mar 2010
    Amsterdam

Re: [Legacy Lessons] Tips and Tricks for GP Lille

Looks sweet :)
    The intro seems to be missing a word though: "...all you need to do is to envision all these little tricks and you’ll hopefully have an increased."
    37th GP Ams'11 | 80th GP Stras '13 | 5th BoM Paris '13 | 12th GP Lille '15

The crazy nastyass honey badger

Dec 2013
    A desk chair, The Netherlands

A few tips I missed:
    - Confirm with your opponent that he/she passed the turn to you
    - Declare your draw step

I for one happen to be a rather fast player and got burned once when I thought my opponent had passed me the turn, so I proceeded to draw a card. Turned out he hadn't, so this resulted in a game loss. To prevent that from happening again, I force myself to confirm with my opponent that it's my turn and I specifically announce my draw step (and draw) and wait to draw any card until my opponent agrees with me that it's happening.

A minor flaw in communication can result in a game loss. Best way to prevent that from happening is communicating as best as you can with your opponent. Especially when you both speak a different native language.

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    A few tips I missed:
    - Confirm with your opponent that he/she passed the turn to you
    - Declare your draw step

I for one happen to be a rather fast player and got burned once when I thought my opponent had passed me the turn, so I proceeded to draw a card. Turned out he hadn't, so this resulted in a game loss. To prevent that from happening again, I force myself to confirm with my opponent that it's my turn and I specifically announce my draw step (and draw) and wait to draw any card until my opponent agrees with me that it's happening.

A minor flaw in communication can result in a game loss. Best way to prevent that from happening is communicating as best as you can with your opponent. Especially when you both speak a different native language.

I can definitely second this notion. Opponents may seem annoyed when you constantly ask them "are you passing?" but it saves you the extreme let-down of that one time that you didn't notice that they did not pass and you draw your card and your otherwise friendly opponent pounces on you for the free game win.

The crazy nastyass honey badger

Dec 2013
    A desk chair, The Netherlands

So I just read something funny in the coverage of game 1 of the finals(!).

http://magic.wizards.com/en/events/c...nni-2015-07-05

Lol. Luckily the judge managed to clean up the game state.

Thread Information