Thread: LevelUpLegacy002-MTGPodcast

Level Up Legacy 002 - Flip Jace

https://soundcloud.com/leveluplegacy...gacyepisode002

Mike and I just released episode two of our podcast, this week discussing Jace, Vryn's Prodigy in legacy! Our matchup of the week is Reanimator vs Death and Taxes. I hope you enjoy it :)

-Matt
    Check out our weekly podcast, every Thursday at LevelUpLegacy.com

Is Cancer

Jul 2014

Re: LevelUpLegacy002-MTGPodcast

I totally disagree on Jace. He's just bad.
    -Fair: There's nothing to talk about here. He's a creature who does nothing for a turn, doesn't impact the board, and can't win the game in realistic situations. EDIT and his directly comparable cards (Bob/Snapcaster) are just better; for a variety of reasons (instant speed cards being a big one.)
    -Combo: He's opening you up to cards you were good against while slowing your deck down with things that don't win the game.

And of course I'm speaking in generalities. Reanimator seems OK; since you're already open to plow and Bolt; but opening yourself to Decay, Disfigure, Forked Bolt, etc.. isn't helping I think.

I think you VAAAAASTLY overstate his +1; which Mom, SoFaI, Revoker, Flickerwisp, Angler, Goyf, Lavamancer, and a vast number of other creatures (even if you control only one) answer. He can't deal with Delver; his ability still fails against an active Deathrite. I just don't see it.

We'll see at the GP; but I'd put money in that he's unlikely to see much in the top 8; less than 4 copies for sure IMO; especially mainboard.

EDIT: His +1 can't handle Manlands either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nestalim View Post
    Wrong. Gideon Emblem protect you from losing and you can even open your binder and slam some cards on the board, not even the HJ can DQ you now.

Re: LevelUpLegacy002-MTGPodcast

The good: overall nice pace, no drag at all.

The things to improve on: the audio, feels like you're good distance away from mic.

Thread Information