Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: [BFZ]Battle for Zendikar spoilers thread

Jun 2014
    The Arctic

Re: [BFZ]Battle for Zendikar spoilers thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sylphnir View Post
    Oblivion Sower
    Creature - Eldrazi (Mythic Rare)
    When you cast Oblivion Sower, target opponent exiles the top four cards of his or her library, then you may put any number of land cards that player owns from exile onto the battlefield under your control.
    5/8
    The Eldrazi hunger without limits and consume without pause.

Speculate away~
    Thinking about this with Hedron Crab and Rest in Peace.
    T1: Crab
    T2: STE, pull
    T3: RiP, STE/Rampant Growth/Explore/etc
    t4 : this, you should have hit him for 19-25 cards including fetch triggers, and getting 8 lands for more triggers might not be that hard, which you can then use to cast something else...

I do not think this will hit Legacy, but might be interesting in Standard if Landfall returns...

May 2007
    Italy, Eternal

I think it's interesting as a possible delve/fetch hoser mechanic.

6 is probably a bit too much, but still, against DTT it can place 3-4 lands into play easily. Coupled with DRS too. I think a similar card at 4 could easily be playable as a ramp spell + body.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

The dream would be something like casting it vs Lands with RiP in play and a couple of lands in exile. But at that point, you could just cast the Helm combo and win straight away.

Good vs Delve/(fetches)/DRS, but still not impressive, at least not in Legacy.

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Does this work with Parallax Tide?

Jun 2014
    The Arctic

Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    Does this work with Parallax Tide?
    Yes...

got a new bike
    Sep 2013

Oblivion Sower
    Creature - Eldrazi (Mythic Rare)
    When you cast Oblivion Sower, target opponent exiles the top four cards of his or her library, then you may put any number of land cards that player owns from exile onto the battlefield under your control.
    5/8
    So WotC is going full bore on making the exile zone just another graveyard? I know they've had their flicker-tricks with Deadeye Navigator and such in the past but still.

Will they come up with a new super-duper exile zone that absolutely can not be touched (until they change their own rules again)?
    Quote Originally Posted by danyul View Post
    TNN is so uninteractive that you can't even target him with your feelings.
    Deadguy Ale, U/R Painter

!
    Jan 2010
    Lehigh Valley, PA

Quote Originally Posted by shrubs View Post
    Will they come up with a new super-duper exile zone that absolutely can not be touched (until they change their own rules again)?

The problem with it being prospectively a Delve hoser is that you only get the fetchlands, which might not even be relevant in the deck you're playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Seth View Post
    The problem with it being prospectively a Delve hoser is that you only get the fetchlands, which might not even be relevant in the deck you're playing.
    Yeah, I'm not really seeing it as a Delve hoser either.

"Heh, you played a powerful creature/spell for drastically reduced cost. Now I play a mediocre fatty and get some extra land. Showed you!"

Maybe it will play well with some sort of Ramp/Landfall shenanigans, but I doubt it will see non-rotating play, unless it's used in some sort of Magical Christmasland scenario like being boarded in the Tron mirror. Cast-trigger means TtB and Sneak Attack don't even want it.

Edit: Reading is tech.

bruizar

Even if you grab a ton of fetch lands, you can still sacrifice them for something like Scapeshift. I also like this with Surgical Extraction and Extirpate on early fetch lands. Though narrow, I think this dude opens a lot of design space. I doubt it will go anywhere but I still like the card. At 6 mana, it's hard to compete against Primeval Titan even though it functions differently.

Quote Originally Posted by bruizar View Post
    Even if you grab a ton of fetch lands, you can still sacrifice them for something like Scapeshift. I also like this with Surgical Extraction and Extirpate on early fetch lands. Though narrow, I think this dude opens a lot of design space. I doubt it will go anywhere but I still like the card. At 6 mana, it's hard to compete against Primeval Titan even though it functions differently.
    Deathrite Shaman is a better way to exile an opponent's lands, though it also won't do as many.

Wasteland says Hi. I'll be looking to build a deck around this as a concept. Something with a heavy LD theme, perhaps?

Site Contributor
    Jun 2013
    London

Quote Originally Posted by Darkenslight View Post
    Wasteland says Hi. I'll be looking to build a deck around this as a concept. Something with a heavy LD theme, perhaps?
    You still have to rely on the opponent delving them away, or play something like RiP. So you play Wasteland and other LD, then what's the payoff for getting all these lands into play?

Apr 2011
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by thecrav View Post
    1. "allies" - seems like a phrasing WotC wouldn't do on accident - probable return of ally mechanic
    Allies was a horrible mechanic! Boring and somewhat overpowered if your deck is all allies (at least in Limited).
    Also, MaRo once said they would refrain from making mechanics that just work with cards in the same set/block (like in Kamigawa).
    I would have bet 100% Landfall and 0% Ally Mechanic. Everything about Zendikar screams "Landfall", while Ally was just a ... mistake. Well, that's just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by thecrav View Post
    2. Bident of Thassa in Kiora's hand - Theros gods somehow involved with the battle for zendikar? - possible enchantment theme
    Theros gods? Enchantment theme? Lol, surely not.
    But maybe: "Kiora of the Bident" (a nod to "Liliana of the Veil")

--

Also, I think, WotC would have a major riot at their hands if they don't reprint the Zendikar Fetchlands. Prices are ridicules now and would become insane without the reprint (like currently Liliana of the Veil).
    I see no reason not to have all 10 Fetchlands in Standard. A few months ago WotC actually claimed that they try to offer only full cycles of dual lands (meaning all 10 color pairs) in the future. Why they just put five painlands in Origins is unclear.

Apr 2007
    Leicester, UK

Quote Originally Posted by joven View Post
    A few months ago WotC actually claimed that they try to offer only full cycles of dual lands (meaning all 10 color pairs) in the future. Why they just put five painlands in Origins is unclear.
    I think it is longer than a few months and I also recall reading since then they came out and said they changed their minds again.
    My Legacy Decks of choice: Pox, Miracles, D&T or Lands.
    Online Trading Reference Checker

I see no reason not to have all 10 Fetchlands in Standard.
    Increased shuffling.
    A few months ago WotC actually claimed that they try to offer only full cycles of dual lands (meaning all 10 color pairs) in the future. Why they just put five painlands in Origins is unclear.
    Putting the painlands in Origins keeps the color fixing "even" as the fetchlands are in Khans and will be retained after rotation.

Site Contributor
    Jun 2013
    London

Increased shuffling.
    In that case I think they'd just prefer to get them over and done with in one Standard.

Oct 2005
    Toronto Canada

Allies was a horrible mechanic! Boring and somewhat overpowered if your deck is all allies (at least in Limited).
    Also, MaRo once said they would refrain from making mechanics that just work with cards in the same set/block (like in Kamigawa).
    So you don't think any of the super plentiful +1+1 counter themes through out the whole Khans block would be in any way synergistic with Allies?

Whoof. Price spikes incoming, I guess.

I'm actually kind of surprised they didn't do those or the manlands. Prices on manabases in Modern can get pretty ridiculous and the return to Zendikar was the prime time to do the Zendikar fetches. I guess it'll probably wait until next spring's large set.

Thread Information