Page 7 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: [BFZ]Battle for Zendikar spoilers thread

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Re: [BFZ]Battle for Zendikar spoilers thread

Now we got some actual mechanics from the Duels decks to discuss:

Ingest seems like a pure limited format mechanic from a practical point of view, although other Eldrazi like Oblivion Sower seem to work with it.

Devoid is pretty uninspiring.

Awaken is probably not good enough for Legacy.

Allies are also back.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Devoid is just giving a title to a card much like the colour stamps you get on flipped cards that hold a colour identity. A while back Wizards said they had works out a way to make colorless commander decks work, I am betting this is the start of that process.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

get outta here, humanity.
    Jun 2009
    Butugychag

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    Awaken is probably not good enough for Legacy.
    I fully expect "Destroy target creature" with Awaken 1 to cost somewhere in the range of .

Mar 2007

Devoid is just giving a title to a card much like the colour stamps you get on flipped cards that hold a colour identity. A while back Wizards said they had works out a way to make colorless commander decks work, I am betting this is the start of that process.
    Now that you mention it, didn't they also say that they fixed the problem with colorless basics? I think you're onto something here.

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Awaken is probably too weak for legacy, but boy do I think it is cool .

Edit - also I don't think it is that overpriced - at common you get a 3/3 for 5W that destroys a tapped creature, and that can be cast at your option for half as much. I can see a discard or cantrip awken card seeing play if it's cheap enough?

bruizar

Now that you mention it, didn't they also say that they fixed the problem with colorless basics? I think you're onto something here.
    Nice catch

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

With these smaller devoid Eldrazi maybe Eye of Ugin could become useful?

What's the over/under on a Ghostfire reprint with the new keyword in this set?

Ingest seems like a pure limited format mechanic from a practical point of view, although other Eldrazi like Oblivion Sower seem to work with it.
    The ability to clip cantrips is significant, and there are creatures which are playable for their vanilla stats. They might be crazy enough to print something like this:

Haste
    Ingest (Whenever this creature deals combat damage to a player, that player exiles the top card of his or her library.)
    2/1

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    With these smaller devoid Eldrazi maybe Eye of Ugin could become useful?
    That's an interesting thought, although the colored mana part is diminishing the potential usefulness if more cards are like Forerunner.

Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    Awaken is probably too weak for legacy, but boy do I think it is cool .

Edit - also I don't think it is that overpriced - at common you get a 3/3 for 5W that destroys a tapped creature, and that can be cast at your option for half as much. I can see a discard or cantrip awken card seeing play if it's cheap enough?
    Maybe I should RTFC, since I thought it was discard - get effect, instead being an alternate casting cost. Well, that makes it a tad bit nicer.

Is the CMC of said card 3 or 6 on the stack if you cast it for its Awaken cost?

Edit: @rufus: The more interesting part about Ingest are the Eldrazi cards that interact with exiled cards, like Oblivion Sower, assuming we get cards that are cheap enough with a decent effect. DRS, RiP and Relic of Progenitus would open up some exciting lines if we get anything powerful out of this.

Is the CMC of said card 3 or 6 on the stack if you cast it for its Awaken cost?
    It's 3.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Why would it not be 6?
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Casting something for an alternative cost doesn't change its CMC. Force has a CMC of 5 regardless of how you set it on the table.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Joe Cool Above All
    Sep 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    Why would it not be 6?
    CMC cannot be changed it's in the right hand corner. X spells have a CMC of X+Color while on the stack, 0 in other zones.

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

That's an interesting thought, although the colored mana part is diminishing the potential usefulness if more cards are like Forerunner.
    Yeah but Dominator drone gives me some hope that there will be come good {2}{C} costed eldrazi that make it worth it.

Also Ghostfire Blade becomes more useful I guess?

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Hardly ever seen something more ugly than bi-color eldrazi
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    Hardly ever seen something more ugly than bi-color eldrazi
    I wonder why the Eldrazi still have colored frames according to their mana cost DESPITE being colorless. Because that makes no sense. Ghostfire had a colorless frame.

The new Eldrazi drones look like Neo-Slivers and the old Eldrazi drones had some love children.

Jun 2011
    Czech Republic

Forerunner of Slaughter, huh?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to some cheap maindeckable colorless removal for Mother of Runes (one can dream, right).

Ugh...those Eldrazi look incredibly aggressive in Limited. I hope they aren't a sign of things to come; I don't want another blazing-fast beatdown set like ZZW or Origins.

May 2013
    Germany

Too bad they most likely won't reprint All is Dust in BFZ because of its tribal card type.
    Current Legacy Decks: Elves, 12Post, Eldrazi Stompy, Burn, Reanimator, Death&Taxes

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    Why would it not be 6?
    This isn't Fuse cards. ACCs don't become the actual casting cost. That's why a Chalice on 5 counters a Force of Will cast for its ACC; or a Chalice on 2 counters a Daze, even if you've returned an Island to cast that Daze.

Thread Information