Page 8 of 47 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: [BFZ]Battle for Zendikar spoilers thread

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

Re: [BFZ]Battle for Zendikar spoilers thread

They keyword the silliest shit these days. Devoid and Ingest are pretty unexciting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Creature type - 'Fuck you mooooooom'
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    EDIT: Tsumi, you are silly.

Devoid just says "this card is colorless", so it isn't necessarily restricted to creatures. If they print any kill spells with devoid that could be kinda cool for killing Emrakul and whatnot.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Let's say they theoretically make something like 2B Destroy Target Creature, devoid. Is that even playable despite that it can kill an emrakul and mom?
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Jun 2011
    Czech Republic

Probably not. CMC would have to be <= 2.

bruizar

If it can't be countered, then yes. Problem is, omniscience decks draw into so much cards that its impossible to get anything through unless it can be dropped with Show and Tell

..sry, whut? ◔̯◔
    Jan 2008
    Germany

oh look, they reprinted kicker the 100. time with a new keyword. and wow, colored colorless cards..

also in be4 reanimate exile, dredge exile and mega-exile
    maro quit your job please
    Got tired of Legacy and you like drafts? Try my Paupercube What?

Apr 2011
    Germany

The spoiled cards and mechanics are VERY unexciting so far, in general, not just concerning Legacy. Awaken is probably just usable in Limited.
    The new Eldrazi really look like the M14/M15 slivers. The Forerunner even can give eldrazis haste. Very sliver-y.

Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Devoid is just giving a title to a card much like the colour stamps you get on flipped cards that hold a colour identity. A while back Wizards said they had works out a way to make colorless commander decks work, I am betting this is the start of that process.
    Kozilek is a tier 2 commander deck. You play every manarock + all haste equipments. The 4 cards you draw will contain enough mana to recast kozilek every turn. Starting from turn 2!
    “Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by Humphrey View Post
    oh look, they reprinted kicker the 100. time with a new keyword. and wow, colored colorless cards..

also in be4 reanimate exile, dredge exile and mega-exile
    maro quit your job please
    As a Flickerwisp connoisseur, I would love a cheap "steal from exile"-effect, especially attached to a creature that could be played in D&T. But knowing Wizards, we aren't allowed to have nice things, since that would cost a bazillion mana.

I wonder if the Eldrazi are going to be distributed among all five colors or being limited to BRG.

Folk Punk Pirate
    Oct 2007
    Mannheim, Germany

Wow, you guys must hate Magic

[rant]
    This forum is in really tedious shape right now. Not only can’t you have a meaningful discussion about the state of the format because some mastermind derails it into „herp-derp-ban-Brainstorm“ territory within three posts.

The set preview threads are just as bad. Every time I see a new post in this thread I wonder: will I get to see some cool new cards. Or is it some genius complaining:
    • ”Man, those sets keep getting worse”
    • ”Those keywords are lame!”
    • ”The schtory is schtupid”
    • ”The artwork is lame!”
    • ”The color pie is all weird and not shaped like a pie at all”
    • ”MaRo is da worst at his job. I could design a better set while sailing the Titanic through a meteor shower”
    • ”Blue is lame”
    • ”This set will be useless for Legacy/Vintage/Pauper/Backgammon”
    • ”Randy Buehler got drunk and had intercourse with my grandmother last night”

And that’s with less than 10 cards spoiled so far! Ten friggin cards. Every damn set thread.

So please, for the love of Batman Jon Finkel Gerrard Capashen your mom, if you happen to read this thread and want to bless us with your wonderful opinion of this new and completely unspoiled set, think of my post and close your browser! The intrawebz and I will enternally be grateful.
    Cheers
    [/rant]
    Sneaky Pirates of Doom - Not really a Legacy Team anymore.

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

Quote Originally Posted by spirit of the wretch View Post

[rant]
    This forum is in really tedious shape right now. Not only can’t you have a meaningful discussion about the state of the format because some mastermind derails it into „herp-derp-ban-Brainstorm“ territory within three posts.

The set preview threads are just as bad. Every time I see a new post in this thread I wonder: will I get to see some cool new cards. Or is it some genius complaining:
    • ”The artwork is lame!”
    • ”MaRo is da worst at his job. I could design a better set while sailing the Titanic through a meteor shower”
    • ”Blue is lame”

And that’s with less than 10 cards spoiled so far! Ten friggin cards. Every damn set thread.

So please, for the love of Batman Jon Finkel Gerrard Capashen your mom, if you happen to read this thread and want to bless us with your wonderful opinion of this new and completely unspoiled set, think of my post and close your browser! The intrawebz and I will enternally be grateful.
    Cheers
    [/rant]
    They really do keyword silly shit tho
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Creature type - 'Fuck you mooooooom'
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    EDIT: Tsumi, you are silly.

Sep 2004
    Raleigh, NC

Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    They really do keyword silly shit tho
    Silly Shit - When this creature comes into play, put two +1/+0 counters and one -2/-0 counter on it unless you pay {2}{g} to remove each counter.

..sry, whut? ◔̯◔
    Jan 2008
    Germany

• ”Man, those sets keep getting worse” - the last sets I liked were Innistrad and Timespiral..
    • ”Those keywords are lame!” - there really is no need for more keyword confusion just to cover lazy design
    • ”The schtory is schtupid” - i never really followed the story, but I like Mishra over Jace anytime
    • ”The artwork is lame!” - some sets have overall great artwork, some sets are just ugly. Nothing beats old school, though. Or look at the alternate artwork thread how magic could look like...
    • ”The color pie is all weird and not shaped like a pie at all” - blue is lame
    • ”MaRo is da worst at his job. I could design a better set while sailing the Titanic through a meteor shower” -thats true. Its all about ripping off new players as much as possible, while destroying the game for long time players now.
    • ”Blue is lame” - blue gets it all, that undeniable after Jace, Delver, Snapcaster, TNN and so on..
    • ”This set will be useless for Legacy/Vintage/Pauper/Backgammon” - well this statement can be made, nothing wrong with it.
    • ”Randy Buehler got drunk and had intercourse with my grandmother last night” -do i know that guy?

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

There are actually a decent amount of cards that I would try out in origins if I had the cards for all of the decks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

!
    Jan 2010
    Lehigh Valley, PA

Sets are designed with a heavy focus on Limited playability and most of their constructed focus is on Standard. They're aware to throw a few bones to Eternal formats but their first and foremost concern is to make Limited and Standard good, and printing playable Legacy cards most likely offsets that balance. It doesn't make any sense to evaluate the set as a whole simply on your preference to play only Legacy.

Keywords make the game look and feel more polished. Mercadian Masques didn't introduce any new keywords, and people felt gypped, even though we got a bevy of alternate cost spells and spellshapers. That example showed them that keywords resonate well with players, even if they simply define what the card is (Devoid) or are just another kicker variant.

If they just printed "Kicker : Target land becomes a 0/0 creature. Put 3 +1/+1 counters on it." on 15 cards, you'd be complaining that they weren't diverse enough.

If you really hate the new cards so much, just stick to 93/94 Magic and only pick up the new Legacy tech after other people test it out. Why bother?

Jul 2008
    NJ USA

I would imagine that these new sets are marketed to new/younger players to increase revenue. It would thus make sense that a community of older players would dislike something not marketed to them

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

• ”Man, those sets keep getting worse” - Khans block was okay, Origins had quite a few interesting cards. But everything between Gatecrash - Journey into Nyx was pure, liquid shit.
    • ”Those keywords are lame!” - Megamorph is the most stupid keyword we got in a long time. I generally dislike putting keywords on everything to shove down lame design down our throats.
    • ”The schtory is schtupid” - I enjoy the New Phyrexians and the whole Eldrazi story so far.
    • ”The artwork is lame!” - I miss quite a few old artists. Too much art nowadays is just lifeless CGI. Some artworks looks nice, but many pieces are just bland.
    • ”The color pie is all weird and not shaped like a pie at all” - The color pie is flawed, especially when they shove the most powerful stuff into blue.
    • ”MaRo is da worst at his job. I could design a better set while sailing the Titanic through a meteor shower” - The guy who said TNN's ability is historically blue. Good one. Fuck him and his NWO.
    • ”Blue is lame” - See above.
    • ”This set will be useless for Legacy/Vintage/Pauper/Backgammon” - That can be said about pretty much every set. They can still deliver interesting designs instead of recycling old cards by doubling their casting cost.

..sry, whut? ◔̯◔
    Jan 2008
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by jrsthethird View Post

If they just printed "Kicker : Target land becomes a 0/0 creature. Put 3 +1/+1 counters on it." on 15 cards, you'd be complaining that they weren't diverse enough.
    exactly. its lazy and boring design, covered with a new keyword. absolutely unneccessary. they have tons of unexplored designspace with the existing keywords.
    man, look at those endless create a card threads and compare it to the uncreative shit theyre doing every set.

they streamline and water down the game a lot to please new players, but theyre unable to name kicker kicker?

Ingest implies that it would gain some kind of benefit from the ingested card rather than simply getting rid of it. Maybe the fact that it just vanishes is the flavor they were going for.

I actually like the colorless cards that require colored mana. Call me an optimist but I think we could potentially see some really amazing spells that ignore protection.

We got Dismember not that long ago. That was a good, cheap, removal that was on theme.
    "I made a Redguard that looks like Kimbo Slice. He wrecks peoples' shit. And dragons." - Bignasty197

Oct 2005
    Toronto Canada

Quote Originally Posted by spirit of the wretch View Post

[rant]

• ”The artwork is lame!”
    • ”Blue is lame”

Cheers
    [/rant]
    Wait The Source isn't supposed to be a bunch of wotc bashing and magic hating self loathing players who haven't really enjoyed the game in years? when did that happen? cause most of the people here have only been doing exactly that for years now.

Thread Information