Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Legacy] Judge Destroyer 1.0

Aug 2015
    Minneapolis

Re: [Legacy] Judge Destroyer 1.0

Quote Originally Posted by psly4mne View Post
    Come on, don't give up that easily. We just need the opponent to control all the spells and triggers involved, and then we won't be the ones executing a loop at all. If anything, our opponent would be slow playing.
    Absolutely stunning. One of the great Magic art works. I'm in tears looking at this beautiful thing. The only way for it to get better is if there were a way to keep your opponent from conceding. Maybe if they're very polite and you talk very fast it'll be fine?
    Some Fear the Dead

Just found this thread... sorry for necro-ing, but can someone PLEASE test this on modo?
    I refuse to play without tuck. Tuck you, RC.

Also just found this and I have to say, it's the smartest deck I've ever seen, kudos to Noctalor for the idea and to psly4mne for the update!

About getting your opponent not to concede, I'm pretty sure that if you're in a tournament and your opponent wants to concede and you explain that you have a non-standard win condition that gives him a small but non 0 chance of winning, most people would decide not to concede.

I'm also not sure if you could still be accused of slow play because even if your opponent controls the triggers, after all you did play in such a way that caused all those triggers. It's kind of a gray area though, since as hinted on the previous post, this would actually work on MTGO, whereas something like Four Horseman wouldn't, so is it really slow play on a live tournament but not on MTGO? That would be very weird. I think psly4mne is right, what would end up happening is that your opponent is slow playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Ignition View Post
    Sadly, I think the idea is sunk by this rule:
    But... no, because what's the loop, here? Each time you attempt to equip the Helm and it equips to something at random, you have a different board state.

I suppose an aggressive judge would simply use the flexibility inherent in the term "Game State" or "Board State" and say that equipping to one animated enchantment is the same as equipping to any other, so that's the loop? Hard to say.

Quote Originally Posted by relue8 View Post
    ... since as hinted on the previous post, this would actually work on MTGO, whereas something like Four Horseman wouldn't, so is it really slow play on a live tournament but not on MTGO? That would be very weird. ...
    MTGO limits you to 199 tokens (So Ajani's Chosen + Enchanted Evening is a viable combo) and the only slow play enforcement is the clock.

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    the only slow play enforcement is the clock.
    That's what I meant when I said the combo works in magic online, if your opponent controls all the triggers (assuming you don't just crash MTGO, which would likely happen) then they just lose because their clock will run out. The point I was trying to make was that I would think it weird if a judge would consider you were slow playing at a tournament given what would happen in MTGO, the results would be different. Oh, and on MTGO you just lose the match if you run out of time, so if you managed to win one of your games you would basically just win the entire match...

Dec 2011
    Barcelona, Catalonia

Hey there folks,

Sorry for necro-threading, but I'm extremely bored right now, I was surfing The Source and I've found this gem of a thread!

If you are interested in doing bizarre things with a Magic deck, you should read this thread at mtgsalvation. The idea of the thread is simple: How to build a Vintage legal deck that deals as much damage as possible to your opponent on turn 1, without "going infinite" (e.g. no Worldgorger Dragon+Animate Dead, Metalworker+Staff of Domination nor Basalt Monolith+Power Artifact decks). Is supposed that you live in Magic Christmasland, you'll always draw the absolute nuts, and your opponent plays a 60 basic lands deck.

I won't tell you much more (I can't even start to understand some of the crazy card interactions in the thread). I think the state of the art is around 2->20->408 damage (the number is so huge that Conway Chained Arrow Notation is needed to represent it). Just read it and go insane.
    Colorless is the new blue
    http://ooh---shiny.blogspot.com

Thread Information