Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 333940414243

Thread: [DECK] Eldrazi Stompy

Nov 2006
    London

Re: [DECK] Eldrazi Stompy

What's the reasoning behind SSG over ESG as fast mana?

Do you have red SB cards or is it so you can hard cast a 2/2 under Blood Moon?

Just seems like the ability to play for G in World Breaker (sideboard or maindeck) would be more valuable.

How good has Thorn been for you guys?

MD Thorn has honestly been very weak for me since it does nothing against other creature based decks like Nic Fit, Maverick, D&T, Goblins, very little against Lands etc.

I now play it in the sideboard and only bring it in vs. combo decks.

This is why I've switched out to 2-3 Trinisphere MD instead, it's all around a much stronger card.

However, Tangle Wire has been very solid and it's making me take a second look at trying Thorn again due to it's natural synergy with Tangle Wire.

Has 4 Thorn really been worth it maindeck for you guys?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hammer View Post
    How good has Thorn been for you guys?

MD Thorn has honestly been very weak for me since it does nothing against other creature based decks like Nic Fit, Maverick, D&T, Goblins, very little against Lands etc.

I now play it in the sideboard and only bring it in vs. combo decks.

This is why I've switched out to 2-3 Trinisphere MD instead, it's all around a much stronger card.

However, Tangle Wire has been very solid and it's making me take a second look at trying Thorn again due to it's natural synergy with Tangle Wire.

Has 4 Thorn really been worth it maindeck for you guys?
    I'm testing a 2/2 split with Trinisphere/Thrones but to be honest don't have enough experience yet to tell you if it's good one way or the other.

I've based mine off this list: http://sales.starcitygames.com//deck...p?DeckID=99550

Thinking of cutting an Endbringer for another Dismember.

Also, it looks like some decks (Miracles, for example) are starting to main deck blood moons, likely not a coincidence lol. That's gonna be trouble, I have issues with enchantments, even post board. Ratchet Bomb is super slow .... anyone having issues with this and have found ways around it?

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Tomorrow I do the update, how is that Primer coming along?
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Are we going Established, or do we have the points for DTB?
    Supremacy 2020 is the modern era game of nuclear brinksmanship! My blog:
    https://fieldmarshalshandbook.wordpress.com

You can play Lands.dec in EDH too! My primer:
    http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/t...lara-lands-dec

Mar 2013

Quote Originally Posted by crimhead View Post
    are we going established, or do we have the points for DTB?
    DTB, unless something drastic happens.
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Soulless Eldrazi Player
    Aug 2015
    Special place in Hell

Holly has been working on one piece by piece: http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...ht=#post936559

I don't know if this meets the criteria or not, but it's the most complete primer I've seen so far.
    Roses are colorless.
    Violets are colorless.
    Everything is nothing.

Mar 2013

Thats why I need. Holly if you are willing, can you make that the start of a new thread and update it from there onwards? Some time in the next 22 hours would be best. I will have the update done this time tomorrow. If not I will update the OP with links to those posts and move this over as a stop gap.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by RhoxWarMonk View Post
    Also, it looks like some decks (Miracles, for example) are starting to main deck blood moons, likely not a coincidence lol. That's gonna be trouble, I have issues with enchantments, even post board. Ratchet Bomb is super slow .... anyone having issues with this and have found ways around it?
    That's why both MD.Geist and me are working on the Wg splash. The colorless build is effective, but also easy to counter. I believe that color splashes to deal with the meta adaptions to Eldrazi are inevitable. Question is how deep are you willing to go down the rabbit hole?

That's why I fling as much shit as possible and see what sticks (like Displacer, World Breaker and several white SB cards). As for Spirit Guides, I don't believe Gray Ogres are going to help you win the game under a Blood Moon. ESG into World Breaker can, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    As for Spirit Guides, I don't believe Gray Ogres are going to help you win the game under a Blood Moon.
    Unless you're playing maindeck equipment that is. But if no MD Jittes and MD Worldbreakers instead then ESG is definitely the better route to go.

May 2007
    Italy, Eternal

Played Vs md. Ghost on cockatrice and his colored build Did some work damn. I was testing RB annex reanimator and lost a game where i reanimated chancellor of the annex T1 and had double chancellor at one point! Damn displacer lol

Site Contributor
    Feb 2010
    Denver, CO

Split the finals at another small local with this deck. My current list is:

4 Endless One
    4 Eldrazi Mimic
    2 Simian Spirit Guide
    1 Matter Reshaper
    4 Thought-Knot Seer
    4 Reality Smasher
    3 Endbringer

4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Thorn of Amethyst

2 Warping Wail
    3 Dismember

4 Ancient Tomb
    3 City of Traitors
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    3 Eye of Ugin
    4 Cavern of Souls
    4 Wasteland
    2 Karakas
    1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth

Sideboard

1 Karakas
    4 Tormod's Crypt
    3 Phyrexian Revoker
    2 Ratchet Bomb
    2 Umezawa's Jitte
    2 Faerie Macabre
    1 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger

I cut 2 more Matter Reshapers for a 3rd Endbringer and a 3rd Dismember. Matter Reshaper is filler, and the last one will likely get replaced by a Phyrexian Metamorph. The deck continues to be extremely powerful - I beat Shardless BUG and Bant, and then played out an ID against U/R Delver and beat that as well. Shardless BUG is still IMO not a very good matchup, but my hands were pretty explosive in both games and sometimes you just have too many big dudes for them to deal with. Endbringer is nuts and I only regretted adding a third when I was testing against Lands after the tournament, otherwise it was great all evening. I will likely mess around with a color-splash list next, but this deck has proven to be very strong. I just wish there was one more colorless Eldrazi to replace Reshaper, I guess Metamorph is probably the best thing we're going to get.
    Lord of the Chalice

Quote Originally Posted by Julian23 View Post
    Since playing against Spiral Tide provides a lot fun for both players is something only someone who's not had sex for quite a while could enjoy, I pull out GW Maverick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brainstorm Ape View Post
    Spikes are supposed to enjoy winning by leveraging their talents, but this card can't fetch the most SKILL INTENSIVE card in all of Magic?

Clearly aimed at Modern plebs, not gonna be a pillar of our format.
    Stompy Discord: https://discord.gg/6cesvkz

Mar 2013

I have edited the opening post as a quick fix for the time being. If there are any questions, please shoot me a message.

Congrats, you are one of a very small group of decks that has gone right for Developing to DTB but you hold the record in time taken to do it.

Congrats, you are one of a very small group of decks that has gone right for Developing to DTB but you hold the record in time taken to do it.
    Out of curiosity, which are the other ones?
    From nothing came teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    I really don't know why you're complaining about top being banned since you seem to be very good at Soothsaying.

Mar 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Ephemeron View Post
    Out of curiosity, which are the other ones?
    Jund and Lands.

@Dice_Box
    Wrote you a pm, as I don't know where exactly I should start the new thread now.

@Ephemeron
    Grixis Control was one if I remember correctly.

@all
    Sorry I didnt update it further, got some new deadlines because of some law-changes etc. Probably not able to do the rest until the 23th of march. Sorry for the delay !

Mar 2013

Responded. It doesn't matter where you put it, it will end up in here anyway.

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Wow! Didn't expect the jump right into DTB .

Thread Information