Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: [DECK] Eldrazi Stompy

Jul 2011
    Germany

Re: [DECK] Eldrazi Stompy

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    Also, what's the general gameplan against Sneak and Show? Needle/Revoker may stop Sneack Attack, but S&T into fatty is still game over for the most part. Is Endbringer's combat jamming really enough to put a leash on the deck?
    @Burn, i run 3 Thorn at Side and would also bring in 2 Wastes, it should be fine to only use chalice, Sphere, thorn and only put minimal needed lands on the field, if you have Seer and a little bit Luck 2 lands are enough which will help against burn. They still need to find smash(es) in time vs our prison elements.

@SneakShow, i have 3 Revoker Main which helps vs Sneak Attack and 4 Warping Wail vs Show and Tell (and 2 Endbringer which is very good here and less important 1 Ulamog) together with Seer and other Prison Stuff (which arent good vs the Combo Spells but will help vs Cantrips, Softcounter etc.). Thorn can also help to gain some time G2, remember that they will use Blood Moon against us.
    TEAM MtG Berlin

Playing cloud posts doesn't automatically make the deck slow. It just gives it a late game as well but it can be just as explosive out of the gate.

Here's my most current list as of 2/6/16

4 Eldrazi Temple
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 Cloudpost
    3 Glimmerpost
    3 Eye of Ugin
    3 City of Traitors
    3 Crystal Vein
    1 Vesuva
    1 Thespian's Stage

4 Endless One
    4 Thought-Knot Seer
    4 Reality Smasher
    4 Kozilek's Channeler
    4 Conduit of Ruin

4 Chalice of the Void
    3 Trinisphere

2 Endbringer
    1 Eldrazi Mimic
    1 Ulamog's Crusher
    1 Void Winnower
    1 Kozilek, Butcher of Truth
    1 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger

I am everybit as confident in my recommendation of Endless One as I was when I recommended Conduit of Ruin. It's done an amazing job smoothing out the curve and gives the deck both a way to stabilize early against fast aggro and yet another game winning bomb against control in the late game.

I've been much happier with Kozilek's Channeler than I was with any of the mana rocks I've tried. It's cost is reduced by Eye of Ugin, Eldrazi Temple and Conduit of Ruin often making it about as cheap as Grim Monolith but with a solid 4/4 body and reusability. It lets you sac Crystal Vein or cast City of Traitors early without having to constrain yourself in terms of mana and enables casting the big Eldrazi that you tutor up with Conduit. It lets you cast bigger Endless One and fuels massive Mimic attacks. It also allowed me to go back down to 26 land.

bruizar

After seeing the pro tour I may have been completely wrong about eldrazi mimic

Yes, mimic is hot stuff so far for me. T1 Double Mimic from Eye, T2 Thought-Knot Seer, T3 Reality Smasher already happened.

i´ve been playing with mimic all the time, and that card is nuts...

May 2007
    Italy, Eternal

Following the Colorless build from modern, this is a transcript for legacy i guess:

4 Endless One
    4 Eldrazi Mimic
    2 Spellskite
    4 Matter Reshaper
    4 Thought-Knot Seer
    4 Reality Smasher

4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Thorn of Amethyst
    2 Dismember
    4 Warping Wail

4 Eldrazi Temple
    4 Eye of Ugin
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 Wasteland
    2 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    4 Cavern of Souls
    2 City of Traitors

Sideboard:

SB: 3 All is dust
    SB: 4 Relic of Progenitus
    SB: 2 Dismember
    SB: 4 Phyrexian Revoker
    SB: 2 Spellskite

Endless ones and Eldrazi mimics demand a 4-of of ugins (free creatures pretty gud i heard). Since you're much faster than the lists tested before, having 2 ugins early on is rarely a problem. The sideboard is a complete guess. Again, since this deck is really fast, Trinisphere is often too slow (consider that you have only 6 real sol lands). I'm trying sphere of resistance in its place. As this is legacy, we need some more control for combo, so i run 4 spheres and 4 WW in addition to Chalice. Spellskite is worse here than in modern but it still counter burn/removals, mom, flickerwisps etc.... which i think make it good enough even in legacy.

Need directions for the SB.

EDIT: subbed thorn for sphere, this deck is extremely mana hungry and sphere slow creature deployement too much. If blood moon is a big presence in your meta, play ghost quarters and wastes in place of cavern+traitors, if counters are more of a problem, keep caverns.
    Mimic and Eye + Endless one jesus. We got an actual non-blue deck top tier in the format methinks.
    Last edited by Gheizen64; 02-06-2016 at 06:27 PM.

bruizar

I'd play at least 1 eldrazi bomb in the sideboard for grindy matches so you can out class other decks with Eye of Ugin. Kozilek/Ulamog 1.0 if you expect imperial painter, otherwise ulamog 2.0 or even a world breaker maybe.

May 2007
    Italy, Eternal

Quote Originally Posted by bruizar View Post
    I'd play at least 1 eldrazi bomb in the sideboard for grindy matches so you can out class other decks with Eye of Ugin.
    1 Sower for the mirror, 1 NUlamog? Dunno.

bruizar

Lightning edited :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Gheizen64 View Post
    1 Sower for the mirror, 1 NUlamog? Dunno.
    My thinking was that World Breaker provides exile vs RG lands and blows up ensnaring bridge/counterbalance. Not sure if good enough as it requires a cavern of souls in play. Void Winnower is also a good idea against so many decks. I would play at least one Nulamog and MAYBE another utility creature, but 1 top end slot is probably enough. Blood Moon and Ensnaring Bridge look like the natural predators of eldrazi. As it currently stands, your list auto-scoops pre and post board against a bridge

I'm still not convinced that Endless One is better than Endbringer.
    I like the Sphere of Resistance instead of Trinisphere.
    Mother of Runes is powerless against us...but I still agree Spellskite has its place. Against most decks that Relic is good against, I'd rather have Chalice at 1. Therefore Tormod's Crypt is better.
    4 Eye of Ugin seems kind of excessive, but I cannot deny the reduction potential.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Trinisphere is too much. 4 Chalice have to be enough. And since I´m a big fan of warping wail, mindstone and eldrazi mimic, I don´t want to slow myself down. Even chalice would be more expensive. I dont like that idea.

2 days ago I didnt know what to think about endless one, but now I´m thinking that this could be a good one. The only thing is, you have to play at least 3 Eye of Ugin. Imagine a deck with 4 Eldrazi mimics and 4 endless one. First turn you could put as many as you got on the board. Nice thought. They´re good against early threats (e.g. death and taxes or goblins) and they probably eat some counters that dont counter our real stuff.

May 2007
    Italy, Eternal

Thorn is better than shpere in this deck btw. Sphere ruin the creature curve way too much, and elves should be favored already anyway with 4 WW and 4 CotV + 4 Thought Knot +2 Dismember.

EDIT: land murder us. 4 relics are ur only weapon.

Simian Spirit Guide is really nice tech in the Pro Tour decks.

I could even see playing SSG in the Legacy version. One of the nice bonuses in this deck is dead Matter Reshaper -> SSG later in the game when you don't need SSG to ramp.

May 2007
    Italy, Eternal

I don't think SSG is taht important when we can play 4 tombs, since its purpose is often to cast Chalice T1 which tomb does without the card disadvantage.

I don't think SSG is taht important when we can play 4 tombs, since its purpose is often to cast Chalice T1 which tomb does without the card disadvantage.
    4 SSG + 4 Tomb + 2-4 City is even more ways to get Turn 1 Chalice.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

EDIT: land murder us. 4 relics are ur only weapon.
    Is Relic better than Surgical in that regard?

I think your MD is a good starting point for Legacy if you want to port the Modern variant.

Not so sure about the SB, though. We need to figure out first what the deck's weaknesses are and then address them in the SB.

[DECK] Eldrazi Stompy

Lands is by far the worst matchup. Most other decks are inferior to our disruption and clock.
    I don't understand Surgical Extraction or Relic of Progenitus if you are banking on Chalice at 1. Tormod's Crypt seems just better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is my today-list. I would appreciate feedback

creatures:
    4x eldrazi mimic
    4x thought knot seer
    4x reality smasher
    3x endless one
    2x endbringer
    1x Kozilek Great distortion
    1y Ulamog, ceaseless hunger

spells;
    4x chalice of the void
    4x warping wail
    2x grim monolith
    4x mind stone
    2x all is dust

land:
    4x glimmerpost
    4x cloudpost
    4x eldrazi temple
    3x eye of ugin
    4x ancient tomb
    3x cavern of souls
    2x vesuva
    1x thespians stage

Thoughts:
    I want to play a 4th endless one but dont know what to cut.
    I´m not sure about the 2 vesuva. Now that I´m playing 3 eye of ugin, vesuva is bit risky. Alternatives??? City of traitors in my opinion is not consistent enough. Maybe Crystal vein. I played that one at the tournament last week.
    What is the best graveyard-hate card: Faerie mcabre, surgical extraction or tormods crypt? crypt seems a little bit slow. surgical takes care of the remaining wastelands. thats great. faerie mccabre cant be countered and is at instant speed. It´s hard to make a decision.

Thanks for your help

How about a 4th Cavern and just one Vesuva? I feel in so many MUs I want a Cavern no matter what.

We are lost. We can never go home.
    May 2011
    Noricum

As I've been playing 25+ matches against different builds of Eldrazi in the last week I thought I could give a little bit of input. I've just been piloting Miracles and Esper so I can only offer some tips on these matches. But I've found that having at least one really big Eldrazi for the late game can be outstandingly important if the game doesn't go the way you'd like it to (read: Chalice gets countered, Swords + Snapcaster etc). As you have access to Eye of Ugin it's pretty much a no brainer but I still see lists not running any of the big creatures, which is exactly what UWx wants to happen. So I'd really do that.

Just wanted to let you know. Good luck brewing with this deck! :)

Greetings
    My articles here, here, here and here | My current list | Follow me on Twitter | Questions I answered.

Thread Information