Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 444505152535455 LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1088

Thread: BigEldrazi

Nov 2013
    Is., NRW, Germany

Re: BigEldrazi

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDissent View Post
    Basically what I was saying above :
    - 1 Kozilek -1 Karakas -1 Basalt Monolith -1 Ugin PW (-1 Key)
    +1 Ulamog +1 Eye of Ugin +1 Dynamo +1 All is Dust (+1 Thespian Stage)

Sb : -2 Karn -1 Bridge -1 Trinisphere -1 All is Dust
    +3 Spyglass +1 Spatial Contortion +1 Wurmcoil Engine

Matter of personal taste, sometimes you wish you had an All is Dust rather than that 8 mana Planeswalker stuck in hand.
    Multiples Karakas are awkward and doesn't provide colorless mana.
    Ulamog is far superior than everything else when you're about to invest 10 mana in a counterable spell.
    Finally, Eye is so much a gamebreaker once it hits the table it's worth the drawback drawing it when you're trying to ramp into Ugin PW. Also helps casting AiD turn 2-3-4.
    With adding a 3rd Eye I approve the inclusion of All is Dust, I can see myself replacing one of the Karakas with the 3rd Eye even without considering AiD for the Main yet.
    I like those changes, and I already adapted by removing Old Kozilek for a 3rd Ulamog, because I think the same way as You do.
    It just has the biggest impact and kills two problematic things our opponent may have.

I know it's not a big deal, but what is Your guys' opinion about 4 Grim, 1 Basalth, 3 Dynamo vs. 4 Grim, 4 Dynamo?
    I never really went into the tank regarding this.
    Legacy: Big Eldrazi | Food Chain
    Modern: GriselShoal | Ponza

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHerC View Post
    I know it's not a big deal, but what is Your guys' opinion about 4 Grim, 1 Basalth, 3 Dynamo vs. 4 Grim, 4 Dynamo?
    I never really went into the tank regarding this.
    Never really tested out Basalt, but having 5 rocks that don't untap dilute your chances to cast a bomb each turn while you're under pressure.
    Maybe the 1 mana less is worth it to be faster, but there again, it's too "turbo-nothing" in the face of a counterspell for me.

My old version top 4 mkm Milan I play 4 Grim monolith 3 dynamo 2 basalt 3 key.

What are the good, 50/50, and bad matchups for this deck?

Quote Originally Posted by scapiander View Post
    What are the good, 50/50, and bad matchups for this deck?
    In my experience
    Bad : Omnitell, Death's Shadow, Aggro Loam
    Slightly Unfav : Tempo Threshold, Grixis Delver, Ur Delver, Maverick, Dark Depths, Pox, Eldrazi Stompy
    50/50 : Moon Stompy, Miracles, Lands, Reanimator, Dredge, Infect, Burn
    Favourable : Death and Taxes, Grixis Control, Stoneblade, BUG Control, Nic Fit, Storm, Elves

In general, you crush control, ok versus combo, hard time versus aggro/midrange with Wasteland/disrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by darkgh0st View Post
    After much brewing, I played this list at my LGS FNM:

2-0 vs UW Miracles
    2-0 vs Landstill
    2-0 vs Sneak and Show
    2-0 vs Grixis Control
    Exhuming a post here.
    I was wondering if any of you are working on similar lists, as I am. Been googling "Dark Depths + Cloudpost" and find that darkghost's build, close to what I'm trying to do.
    I know there's some Cg Posts lists doing well (like Jody Keith's one) but I wanted to cross that with our mana rocks and get rid of green.
    I found having eight 1 CCM cards and Chalice MD is really clunky, so I blasphemed and took them off.
    More to discuss if you guy are trying something similar.

Nov 2013
    Is., NRW, Germany

Not sure about that but would love to hear experiences with a version like that.

Nov 2013
    Is., NRW, Germany

4-1 at my Locals today.
    Finally playing Paper again.

Piloted these 75.

Creatures:

4 Thought-Knot Seer
    3 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
    1 Emrakul, the Promised End
    1 Kozilek, the Great Distortion
    1 Walking Ballista

Artifacts:

4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Voltaic Key
    4 Grim Monolith
    3 Trinisphere
    3 Thran Dynamo
    1 Basalt Monolith

Planeswalkers:

4 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon
    2 Karn, Scion of Urza

Lands:

4 Ancient Tomb
    4 City of Traitors
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Glimmerpost
    3 Vesuva
    2 Eye of Ugin
    2 Karakas
    2 Thespians' Stage
    >> 60

Sideboard:

4 Ensnaring Bridge
    4 Leyline of the Void
    2 All is Dust
    2 Ratchet Bomb
    2 Surgical Extraction
    1 Trinisphere

---

Match 1 - MUD - 2-0 | On the Play
    G1: I had the better start with Turn 1 Trinisphere into Turn 2 Karn, winning with 2 Tokens being 6/6 each.
    G2: This went very long, I flooded pretty hard but had a Bridge vs his Platinum Emperion. I got Karn going and after some turns of stalling I managed to cast Kozilek, which drew me Ulamog and with more than 16 Mana + Karakas (and a Ratchet Bomb with 8 Counters) I won next turn.

Match 2 - Turbo Depths - 0-2 | On the Draw
    G1: Turn 1 he passed with Lotus Petal + Fetchland and responded to my Chalice X=1 with Crop Rotation, getting Dark Depths. Turn 2 Vampire Hexmage and he instantly went for the token, so I wasn't able to copy the Depths during my Turn 2 with my Stage.
    G2: I resolved Ensnaring Bridge, blocking his Marit Lage. Some turns later I drew Karakas but brainfarted hard and just didn't activate it right away, Opponent casted Rite of Consumption and I die (I just didn't know about that card).
    Alright, this will never ever happen again.

Match 3 - Punishing Mentor - 2-1 | On the Play
    G1: Trinisphere taxed my Opponent hard, I resolved Ugin, keeping the board clear, after casting Kozilek he conceded.
    G2: I had a pretty slow hand, Opponent was able to counter all relevant cards. I screwed at 7 Mana with 2 Ugin in hand, losing to Mentor Beats.
    G3: My Opponent resolved a Blood Moon, but with Monolith + Key and 5 Lands I managed to cast Ulamog, which exiled his Basic Plains and Basic Island so his own Blood Moon locked him out.

Match 4 - Enchantress - 2-0 | On the Play
    G1: My Opponent drew about 15 Cards, but had no relevant action, I resolved Ugin at Turn 5, clearing the field.
    G2: Turn 2 I resolved Grim Monolith and 2 Voltaic Keys, my Opponent played a Turn 3 Blood Moon but I was able to cast Ugin on Turn 3.

Match 5 - Elves - 2-1 | On the Play
    G1: I started with Chalice X=1 and Trinisphere, my Opponent went for Dryad Arbor Beats and started casting X/1's for 3 Mana. It looked like his Weenie Beatdown gets me but I backswinged him to 7 Life with a TKS, before I found Eye of Ugin while having 19 Mana available. I searched for Walking Ballista and casted it for X=5, shot his Wirewood Symbiote and the Elvish Visionary which got untapped, then attacked him down to 3 with the TKS and the 3/3 Ballista did the rest.
    G2: He glimpsed into Infinity on Turn 4.
    G3: I started with Chalice X=1, he opened with Dryad Arbor. As I had no better action the following turn I decided to cast Walking Ballista as a 1/1 and destroyed the Arbor. This screwed him pretty hard, as he only had a Cradle to follow up, resulting into him discarding at End of Turn for the next two turns.
    I dropped two Cloudposts and a Glimmerpost and then casted Ugin.

---

I am not sure about Kozilek.
    Even though it drew me the pretty important Ulamog it would have been way better if I had the Ulamog instead of the Kozilek.
    I am thinking about replacing it with the 4th Ulamog or with something else in the lower CMC - Section, like Karn Liberated, maybe a Wurmcoil Engine, a second Walking Ballista or a maindecked All is Dust (I really want to try Sundering Titan, too).
    The Manabase felt pretty solid. Maybe the 2nd Karakas can be replaced but it is pretty nice to have vs. Stuff like Reanimator and Depths/Lands.
    Guess I will test replacing the 2nd Karakas with a Crystal Vein, which will most likely work like a 5th City of Traitors, regarding the usual Turn 1 Plays.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHerC View Post
    4-1 at my Locals today.
    Finally playing Paper again.

Piloted these 75.

Creatures:

4 Thought-Knot Seer
    1 Kozilek, the Great Distortion
    1 Walking Ballista

Artifacts:

4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Voltaic Key
    4 Grim Monolith
    3 Trinisphere
    3 Thran Dynamo
    1 Basalt Monolith

Planeswalkers:

2 Karn, Scion of Urza

Lands:

4 Ancient Tomb
    4 City of Traitors
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Glimmerpost
    3 Vesuva
    2 Eye of Ugin
    2 Karakas
    2 Thespians' Stage
    >> 60

Sideboard:

4 Ensnaring Bridge
    4 Leyline of the Void
    2 All is Dust
    2 Ratchet Bomb
    2 Surgical Extraction
    1 Trinisphere

---

I am not sure about Kozilek.
    Even though it drew me the pretty important Ulamog it would have been way better if I had the Ulamog instead of the Kozilek.
    I am thinking about replacing it with the 4th Ulamog or with something else in the lower CMC - Section, like Karn Liberated, maybe a Wurmcoil Engine, a second Walking Ballista or a maindecked All is Dust (I really want to try Sundering Titan, too).
    The Manabase felt pretty solid. Maybe the 2nd Karakas can be replaced but it is pretty nice to have vs. Stuff like Reanimator and Depths/Lands.
    Guess I will test replacing the 2nd Karakas with a Crystal Vein, which will most likely work like a 5th City of Traitors, regarding the usual Turn 1 Plays.
    Nice run !

About your sideboard, why playing Surgical ? It clashes with Chalice. If you wanna go for 6 graveyard hate cards, I'd consider Faerie Macabre for extra effects.
    Kozilek is still nice to have as a 1-off, cause his counter ability can be relevant in some match ups, and sometimes, drawing 7 cards and then landind a Glimmerpost can save you while exiling 2 permanents is not sufficient.
    Plus, I played versus some crafty opponents that tried to Surgical my Ulamog. 4x in this case is really bad.

I'm jealous of you guys : seems like there are no Delver decks (Grixis, Shadow, RUG, UR) in your meta, which are difficult to beat. Wurmcoil Engine is huge here, lowering your mana curve and being a pain in the ass for them.
    Spatial Contortion is nice too.

Thx for the report !

PS : about the Dark Depths list : it's just... bad. Not playing either Chalice/Trini (or in a suboptimal way) and green as Cg Posts do just makes it not competitive.
    Last edited by ChrisDissent; 11-02-2018 at 06:02 AM.

Nov 2013
    Is., NRW, Germany

Well, didn't expect to hear something great about that Dark Depths - Stuff, though.

Regarding Delver and Shadow, I just managed to dodge them, as we had 1 Shadow and 4 Delver Decks running around.

For the Sideboard, yeah, Faerie Macabre should be better in general.
    My Sideboard wasn't build until 5 Minutes before we started so I just decided to run the Surgicals.
    The Voltaic Keys clash with Chalice, too, so I wasn't really worried about.
    If You have Chalice, the Game usually goes well enough.

Feb 2015
    SF, CA (via London, UK)

Hey everyone, I started playing Cg post fairly recently but am trying to experiment with other Cloudpost decks to get a feel for how the different matchups swing for different versions. I've just put together a list like the ones that have developed from MGB/Pathy's style recently to play tomorrow night.

I was wondering if anyone in this thread would be interested in a new channel being set up in the 12post Discord to discuss this kind of deck. I'm pretty active on Discord generally and would love to be able to share reports and stuff. Is anyone interested?

edit: i have this sleeved up: sideboard is a bit random and subject to change before i get there. anyone want to give me any advice?

4 TKS
    3 Ulamog new
    1 Kozilek new (could make these 2/2 split instead of 3/1)
    1 Emrakul new
    1 Ballista
    ~
    3 Ugin
    2 Karn
    1 All is Dust
    ~
    4 Chalice
    3 Threeball
    4 Monolith
    4 Dynamo
    4 Key
    ~
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 City of Traitors
    8 Posts
    3 Vesuva
    3 Eye
    1 Stage
    1 Karakas
    1 Wastes
    ~SB
    4 Leyline
    4 Bridge
    3 Spyglass
    2 Spatial Distortion
    1 Trinisphere
    1 All is Dust

Feb 2015
    SF, CA (via London, UK)

Excited to see lots of blue players in the room tonight. Multiple miracles, stoneforge, grixis, bug... Obviously don't get paired with any of them!

R1 D&T
    G1 I mull to a hand that just does nothing. My opponent doesn't get to see any of my deck though, at least!
    I board in the Spyglasses, AiD, and one Contortion.
    G2 My opponent mulls to a slow hand. I durdle a bit and then cast Ugin to reset the board, then Kozilek, and then Emrakul.
    G3 I play two TKS on t2 (I find out after the match my opponent boarded out some StPs) which just attack a lot. 1-0.

R2 Burn
    G1 I cast chalice on 1 and chalice on 2 and then make a Karn.
    I board in the fourth Trinisphere.
    G2 I make a couple of Trinispheres and a TKS and then an Ulamog. 2-0.

R3 Dredge
    G1 I just make a key on my t1 but my opponent really goes off on their t1. My hand can't interact, but I make them play it out so i get to see their deck.
    I board in the Leylines and the fourth Trinisphere.
    G2 I make a t1 Chalice and two back-to-back TKS which go the distance. I see both Nature's Claim and Serenity, but haven't shown the Leyline yet.
    G3 I see 7 with no lock pieces or leyline so go to 6, which also has no leyline but also no lands. I go to 5 which has a shot if I draw any land off the top (has both Chalice and Trinisphere but only one land; still no leylines). I think if I drew any untapped land I would have won, though I don't know about if I had drawn a tapped one. As it happens I drew no land of either type so just lose without casting any spells. 2-1.

The deck is fun. Honestly though I'm not sure if it is actually better than Cg - Chalice is an excellent magic card but I think that 1-drops (Stirrings, Rotation, Needle, Map) are also excellent magic cards that happen to improve your consistency. That said I think this deck is probably much better than Cg against spell-based combo decks. I also think it is probably better than E-Post against miracles since the mana rocks let you ignore B2B to an extent.

Feb 2015
    SF, CA (via London, UK)

Wow, I take a look at the last legacy challenge and what do I see? Pathy (11th Place) Legacy Challenge #11712652 on 11/25/2018. Hopefully they'll come back and post here about their recent experienced with the deck!

2 Karn, Scion of Urza

2 Kozilek, the Great Distortion
    4 Thought-Knot Seer
    2 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
    1 Walking Ballista

1 Basalt Monolith
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Grim Monolith
    3 Thran Dynamo
    3 Trinisphere
    4 Voltaic Key

4 Ancient Tomb
    4 City of Traitors
    4 Cloudpost
    2 Eye of Ugin
    4 Glimmerpost
    2 Karakas
    2 Thespian's Stage
    3 Vesuva

Sideboard
    1 Trinisphere
    2 All Is Dust
    4 Ensnaring Bridge
    4 Leyline of the Void
    4 Warping Wail

You can also check 7th place at SCG Las Vegas, Joseph Cockrell piloted this deck since long time ago (inspired by Pathy, obviously).
    https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/1475618#paper

Nothing major happened in the challenge.

I destroyed the swiss except for losing a close match 1-2 to Death N Taxes disruption aplenty.

Then I played MzFroste on UW Miracles in the last round as a win-and-in to the Top8 and I made the mistake G1, Turn1 of playing Grim Monolith -> Key -> Chalice @ 1 when I had Karn in hand and could have played Karn on Turn 1. Then next turn when I did play Karn I forgot to activate (MODO is awkward and let me just hit F6 unknowingly..). That turned into a long grindy game that I probably would have edged out if I had those two extra activations of Karn earlier. in G2 I crushed him easily, then in G3 I had the board sealed up with him in topdeck mode and me with Ugin in play at 11 counters and he topdecks his singleton Council's Judgement (his only answer to Ugin) and then I fail to draw more threats after that and get Jace-locked out of the game.

I think I still like my configuration but I've been meaning to test the Midrange Eldrazi Post with Matter Reshapers and Endbringers at some point because everybody else is playing it.

I was surprised to see that guy top8 the Las Vegas classic with a list close to mine because he had been on the midrange version recently...

Also, Karn, Scion of Urza is actually quite amazing once you learn how to use him properly (when and how to use the token-generation ability or the card-draw ability appropriately based on game state). He was killing it all day long for me in that challenge and the one time I neglected to play him ASAP I probably lost because of it (in that final match).
    - 'Pathy' on MTGO
    - Eastern PA player

I played midrange version a lot and i must say you have to play 2 wastes there, otherwise you will lose to btb every now and then.

Отправлено с моего Pixel XL через Tapatalk

Feb 2015
    SF, CA (via London, UK)

Quote Originally Posted by Cryoclasm View Post
    I played midrange version a lot and i must say you have to play 2 wastes there, otherwise you will lose to btb every now and then.
    This is a big part of why I have been liking Cg the best. Candelabra is nuts against B2B (plus you get Krosan Grip out of the board).

just play 4 ratchet bomb maindeck it is also good agaisnt tempoish decks especially death shadow

Quote Originally Posted by adrieng View Post
    just play 4 ratchet bomb maindeck it is also good agaisnt tempoish decks especially death shadow
    4 ratchet main deck is strong. Write you list thanks

I am not playing much bigdrazi I am more on darkdepth, but here what I was testing :
    I think i prefer conduit than smasher

// 60 Maindeck
    // 17 Artifact
    4 Grim Monolith
    3 Thran Dynamo
    4 Chalice of the Void
    2 Trinisphere
    4 Ratchet Bomb

// 13 Creature
    4 Thought-Knot Seer
    2 Kozilek, the Great Distortion