Thread: Ultra Pro lose exclusivity?

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Ultra Pro lose exclusivity?

I was digging around on SCG and saw this page. If you note the play mats on the page, none of them are UP watermarked while having the SCG logo on them. Has the contract with UP run out?
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Re: Ultra Pro lose exclusivity?

Would be fantastic if so.
    “It's possible. But it involves... {checks archives} Nature's Revolt, Opalescence, two Unstable Shapeshifters (one of which started as a Doppelganger), a Tide, an animated land, a creature with Fading, a Silver Wyvern, some way to get a creature into play in response to stuff, some way to get a land into play in response to stuff (a different land from the animated land), and one heck of a Rube Goldberg timing diagram.
    -David DeLaney

I hope so. Ultra Pro play mats are great and have come to define the standard, but in this case doubling the logos is entirely needless.
    DDD / Death & Taxes

Site Contributor
    Dec 2010
    Houston, Texas, USA

It's possible that, as with GP playmats, when a company like SCG throws enough money at playmat production, they get the option to not have the UP logo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    You don't get to play the most powerful cards in the format and then bitch when someone finally says no. You also don't get to bitch that it's not fun when someone finally tells you no instead of voyeuristicly watching you masturbate with Cantrips.

Quote Originally Posted by thecrav View Post
    It's possible that, as with GP playmats, when a company like SCG throws enough money at playmat production, they get the option to not have the UP logo.
    This is likely the case. Although, why has this not happened before? Surely SCG throws buckets of money UP's way for each event play mat.
    DDD / Death & Taxes

Thread Information