Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Legacy Mediocre League - Coming to Twitch June 3rd!

itsJulian.com - Legacy Videos
    Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany

Re: Legacy Mediocre League - Coming to Twitch June 3rd!

From our week#5 review (MATCH SPOILERS!):

Lejay found an opportunity to relive the doomsday on Innistrad, being annihalated by Brett’s flying spaghetti monster before he has a chance to set up. Unfortunately for him, there was no Jactice league to contain Emrakul this time, and he falls to 4th place; meanwhile Julian and his Elves fare better than Glissa’s party while it navigates the artifact infested world of Joe’s Grixis Tezzeret deck, taking him down in 3. Danny on Planeswalker Nic Fit sets up to play the long game against Caleb’s Tinfins, but instead dies in agony on turns 1 and 2. Romario hopes to follow in the footsteps of his more successful Eldrazi lords this week but gets spanked by a quick Griseldaddy backed by powerful countermagic. This leaves Julian and Tim tied for first place, followed by Caleb in third.

With 0 doomsday’s cast, and both Reanimator decks taking a collective 10 turns in total this week, we’ve finished at a record pace this week of roughly 90 minutes.

The Legacy Mediocre League returns next Friday, July 22th. Be sure to catch us live on our Twitch channel or one of the Video’s on Demand available on YouTube after Friday’s live-stream.

Here's the Week#6 VODs (only the one embedded since the forum software only allows for 1 video per post):

Week#6: Jean-Mary Accart "Lejay" (Doomsday 2012) vs Breatt Jayne (Sneak Show)
    Week#6: Julian Knab (Elves) vs Joe Lossett (Tezzerator)
    Week#6: Caleb Durward (Tin Fins) vs Danny Batterman (Cube/Planeswalker)
    Week#6: Tim Akpinar (Reanimator) vs Romario Neto (Eldrazi)

The Legacy Mediocre League returns next Friday, 22nd July. Be sure to catch us live on our Twitch channel or one of the Video’s on Demand available on YouTube after Friday’s live-stream.
    The seven cardinal sins of Legacy:
    1. Discuss the unbanning of Land Tax Earthcraft.
    2. Argue that banning Force of Will would make the format healthier.
    3. Play Brainstorm without Fetchlands.
    4. Stifle Standstill.
    5. Think that Gaea's Blessing will make you Solidarity-proof.
    6. Pass priority after playing Infernal Tutor.
    7. Fail to playtest against Nourishing Lich (coZ iT wIlL gEt U!).

Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany

Here's a teaser for week#7. Hope you don't mind Danny's giraffe cosplay or Dayv wearing an oversized suit and shoulder pads

4. Stifle Standstill.

Hi guys,

Just wanted to let you know how great this series is! Great players and very funny/friendly/knowledgeable commentary.

I am really enjoying seeing it so thanks for the great work all of you!

Hans

Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany

Hey Hans, thanks a lot for your feedback. It might seem like just a short comment, but it really means a lot to me :-)

From our week#7 review (MATCH SPOILERS!):

With week 7 now on the books, the rankings are shaping up with Julian alone at the lead, now having back to back win-and-in’s weeks 8, 9, and 10. Will he be able to pull it off and make it to the championships? Probably, he’s not very mediocre after all.

Week 7 was a bad week for Cabal Therapy; being the primary interaction for Dayv against Caleb’s Tinfins list, it acted exclusively as vampiric tutor for Caleb leading to a few quick attacks for 22 and the match.

Soon after, Danny found himself in a similar situation but managed to pull off the game one win against a bad matchup by resolving 4 planeswalkers against Brett’s Sneak and Show. With 14 cards from the sideboard coming in, he still struggled against a resolved sneak attack, but game 3, through a combination of counterspells and Brett dealing 18 damage to himself with his manabase and phyrexian spells, eventually got in there with two veteran explorer beats for the win.

Round 3, Lejay mulligans to 3 and loses to t2 thought-knot seer, t3 reality smasher (swing for 9), t4 activate mishra’s factory, swing for 11. Game two didn’t fare much better, with Romario having T1 Thorn of Amethyst into turn 2 Thorn of Amethyst. Having found 0 answers to them, and Romario immediately sticking some threats, Lejay succumbs to the hate and takes his fourth loss.

Round 4, Tim has a choice to discard griselbrand of tidespout tyrant in a hedge to draw either show and tell or exhume. He bins the tidespout, then draws exhume, and Julian has an opening to glimpse into a shaman of the pack kill before tidespout can get there. Game two Julian has a timely surgical extraction for T2 Iona, Shield of Emeria, lands deathrite shaman and scavenging ooze to invalidate the graveyard strategy, and then topdecks craterhoof behemoth to kill Tim on the spot and take sole possession of the top seed.

This leaves Tim and Caleb currently tied for second place with only 3 more weeks to go.

Here's the Week#7 VODs:

Week#7: Caleb Durward (Tin Fins) vs Dayv Doberne (Nic Fit)
    Week#7: Danny Batterman (Planeswalker) vs Brett Jayne (Sneak Show)
    Week#7: Jean-Mary Accart (Doomsday 2012) vs Romario Neto (Eldrazi)
    Week#7: Julian Knab (Elves) vs Tim Akpinar (Reanimator)

The Legacy Mediocre League returns next Friday, 29nd July. Be sure to catch us live on our Twitch channel or one of the Video’s on Demand available on YouTube after Friday’s live-stream.
    4. Stifle Standstill.

Site Contributor
    May 2013
    Virginia

Julian and Romario are in minute 600 or so of an epic Elves vs. Eldrazi game 1.

Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany

Running a little late with this week's update, so here we go:

Joe unfortunately couldn't make it this week because he's about to kick some ass at the Pro Tour in Sydney. Instead we made Caleb play his Week#9 match in advance in order not to disrupt our 4 matches/week schedule.

Here's the Week#8 VODs:

Week#8: Brett Jayne (Sneak Show) vs Dayv Doberne (Nic Fit)
    Week#8: Caleb Durward (Tin Fins) vs Jean-Mary Accart (Doomsday 2012)
    Week#8: Caleb Durward (Tin Fins) vs Tim Akpinar (Reanimator)
    Week#8: Julian Knab (Elves) vs Romario Neto (Eldrazi)

The Legacy Mediocre League returns next Friday, 5th June. Be sure to catch us live on our Twitch channel or one of the Video’s on Demand available on YouTube after Friday’s live-stream.
    Last edited by Julian23; 08-05-2016 at 12:54 PM.
    4. Stifle Standstill.

Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany

Don't miss our final week of regular season tonight!

R1: Brett Jayne (Sneak and Show) vs Romario Neto (Eldrazi)

R2: Dayv Doberne (Nic Fit) vs Joe Lossett (Tezzeret)

R3: Danny Batterman (Planeswalker Control) vs Julian Knab (Elves!)

R4: Joe Lossett (Tezzeret) vs Tim Akpinar (Reanimator)

Joe has two matches this week because he skipped his match last week (he had to prepare for the pro tour) This is the last week of round-robin, next week will be the semifinals and finals. Players will bring 3 new decks and play best of 5, king of the hill style.

Current standings have Julian locked for first place, Tim in the top 3, and Caleb and Joe fighting for the last slot. (Joe needs to win both of his matches this week to make it)

You can watch the action live on Twitch.tv/LegacyMediocreLeague, catch up with VODs on our YouTube channel and learn more about the LML on LegacyMediocreLeague.com. Also make sure to follow us on Twitter and visit South Florida Magic, the sponsor who helps us make all of this possible!
    4. Stifle Standstill.

Hi !

First, thank you so much for this super exciting League that I really enjoyed every single game. Legacy really needs those kind of initiatives at the moment. Can't wait for the next round !

Question : when will the playoffs decklists be revealed ? Friday night or some days before ?

Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany

Hey Chris, thank you so much for your feedback. Makes me really happy to hear that you've been enjoying our project :-))) Sorry for not getting back to you earlier. We're not going to reveal which decks will be played until the matches start, so it's gonna be a surprise to everyone. We're publishing decklists right afterwards though!

Also, check out our flyer for the playoffs :-)

4. Stifle Standstill.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

There should have been a "No Miracles!" rule in place for the Top 3.

There's nothing more boring than watching grown-ass man who pretend to be Wizards with fucking cardboard spending HOURS spinning an imaginary dreidel.

This is what Legacy has become. Fuck.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

The miracles mirror was abysmal to watch. Had to turn it off. Jund having active Bob, ultimating Liliana twice against miracles then losing to derp entreat for 4, then mulling to 5 game three and getting stomped. Fucking complete misery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

And now we're getting another Miracles mirror. Way to ruin the season finale.

Apr 2007
    chicago, il

Well,

1- Miracles was under-represented in the swiss, esp considering it's the #1 deck in Legacy.

2- Anyone trying to win this tournament was going to put Miracles in their three deck gauntlet. If you didn't, you weren't trying to win. Miracles is that good.

3- The reason we had a lot of Miracles matches isn't just because we all chose it, but also because it kept winning.

So long as Miracles is the deck to beat, Legacy will have a coverage problem. Implementing our own house rules seems like an ok solution on the surface, but at that point we're no longer playing Legacy.

#noLDorCounters #bantop

Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany

Hey guys,

here's the VOD playlist of the finals. The playlist has been modified to contain no spoilers, so feel free to click and watch in order. Even though I guess the previous comments already pretty much gave away what happened...almost ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_65...SIPFzasPIr_cK8
    4. Stifle Standstill.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Quote Originally Posted by CalebD View Post
    Well,

1- Miracles was under-represented in the swiss, esp considering it's the #1 deck in Legacy.

2- Anyone trying to win this tournament was going to put Miracles in their three deck gauntlet. If you didn't, you weren't trying to win. Miracles is that good.

3- The reason we had a lot of Miracles matches isn't just because we all chose it, but also because it kept winning.

So long as Miracles is the deck to beat, Legacy will have a coverage problem. Implementing our own house rules seems like an ok solution on the surface, but at that point we're no longer playing Legacy.

#noLDorCounters #bantop
    I mean I get it. It's not like it's your fault the deck is good and boring too watch. It's just bleh. Maybe I'm just disenchanted with the format
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Site Contributor
    Oct 2014
    Melbourne, Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    There should have been a "No Miracles!" rule in place for the Top 3.

There's nothing more boring than watching grown-ass man who pretend to be Wizards with fucking cardboard spending HOURS spinning an imaginary dreidel.

This is what Legacy has become. Fuck.
    Disagree with no Miracles, but agreed that it was beyond boring watching Lilianna vs Top. Fortunately, youtube has the "play this 2x faster than normal" option.

Edit: Spoke too soon, coming up to the 41 minute mark I've had enough. Sick format yo!
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Dat 1/1 with built in pump. Watch out Griselbrand here comes lizard mid range.
    Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    Is this a troll or are gobbos really dtb?

actually Ive enjoyed the Miracles games, including the mirror, a lot especially if commented by competent people
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post

Jul 2013
    Texas

Quote Originally Posted by CalebD View Post
    Well,

#noLDorCounters #bantop
    Jeez Caleb, hope you didn't dent your floor when you dropped that mic. Bravo.

After all the Miracles arguments we've had, having someone swoop in and spell out all the problems with it so succinctly is almost jarring.

TinFins FTW !

Thanks again for that wonderful idea of a Legacy league. Really hope you'll soon go for a season 2 !

I can see why Miracles games could be boring for experienced players, but it was super interesting to watch, especially as I'm a new Legacy player, and because it was very well covered and explained.

Great job !

Nov 2013
    charlottesville, VA

Thanks for putting on a really entertaining series. I definitely hope there is support for a second season.

Feedback in no particular order
    -I loved the format of the season and for the playoffs.

-I typically enjoyed the european commentating but must say I never muted Brett / Caleb.

-I didn't mind the Miracles MUs. Caleb summed it up.

-It was nice to get to watch "deck experts" pilot their decks (e.g. Julien w/ Elves, Caleb w/ TinFins, etc). I know there was feedback for more competitive decks, which I'm not necessarily disagreeing with, but I think it would be also nice to maintain representation from Fringe/tier2/whatever you want to call them decks. In the hands of experts they could show well and would be entertaining to see MUs you don't often get. Not sure how feasible it is but a thought.

There are other ideas but ideas are easy and work takes work. Thanks again to everyone involved for putting in the time and producing something for the community. All the criticisms are dwarfed by that.

Cheers

Thread Information