Thread: Buying cards in the UK

Buying cards in the UK

What shops are the best for buying magic cards when in the UK? I prefer reliable stores to ebay. Thanks!

Re: Buying cards in the UK

Quote Originally Posted by kinda View Post
    What shops are the best for buying magic cards when in the UK? I prefer reliable stores to ebay. Thanks!
    For LEgacy, you're likely looking at Magic Madhouse for a UK-based firm, or firms like Cartapapa and MKM if you're okay with trading on the continent. There's also Troll and Toad, who were recently trading at GP Manchester.

The Agonistic Antagonist
    Mar 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Darkenslight View Post
    There's also Troll and Toad, who were recently trading at GP Manchester.
    Are they as bad in the UK as they are in the US?
    The purpose of any moat is to impede attack. Some are filled with water, some with thistles. Some are filled with things best left unseen.

Site Contributor
    Jun 2013
    London

Magic Madhouse are very reliable, cards are always NM unless stated otherwise and have very fast shipping. Slightly more expensive than some others, but the service is there, totally professional.

The Magic Card Trader is a good one, fairly reasonable prices.

Troll Trader Cards too.
    Quote Originally Posted by CutthroatCasual View Post
    Storm was killed by Leovold
    Quote Originally Posted by LegacyIsAnEternalFormat View Post
    The power of blue is overrated...I personally play Jund and I consistently top 4 FNMs with it.

Quote Originally Posted by CutthroatCasual View Post
    Are they as bad in the UK as they are in the US?
    I believe that it's a different company, although I may be wrong on that one - the staff were extremely personable, helpful to extremes and had sets of almost everything on hand.

Site Contributor
    Aug 2008

I use mkm to buy and sell cards and never had any issues. Other than that, it's what people said already.
    Super Bizarros Team. Beating everything with small green dudes and big waves.

Site Contributor

Feb 2011
    Sheffield

7th City Collectables
    Very efficient and friendly. Decent eternal card-base, and always very good for foreign language (KOR, JPN, etc). They travel to many midlands/north eternal/modern events, so are fairly easy to deal with in person and offer reasonable trade-in.

Manaleak
    Not the best eternal stock, but I always like to buy from them because of the great community they foster online; and one of only two stores to put on a Vintage event in recent history outside of London.

Magic Madhouse
    Extremely efficient with by far the best stock (ask if it’s not on the website). Priced accordingly.

Patriot Games
    Loads of stock (if it can be found), hit and miss pricing but always willing to discuss/consider.

Troll and Toad
    First time I saw them was GP Manc. Looked at a reasonable trade-in against a reasonably priced NM Sapphire - fair deal.

MKM
    Cartapapa and Arcana-Trieste I’ve had good experience of.

Thread Information