Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Kaladesh -or- When Kiran met Pia

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Re: Kaladesh -or- When Kiran met Pia

The colors on Saheeli's metal, I wonder if we are going to be heading back to "Colourless matters" again. I do hope so.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Dec 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA

This card seems... pretty sweet actually?
    UBr Tezzeret
    Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    I mean, if you're going to play as 61st card, the card should cost over $100 I think.

Site Contributor
    May 2013
    Virginia

Can any MUD style decks play that? It is a form of consistency..

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

'No returning mechanics in Kaladesh' even though that is clearly Metalcraft...

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Seems pretty awesome with CoW (which also helps enabling Metalcraft), plus it can find CoW, assuming you control enough artifacts to activate it. Effectively 5 mana is a hefty price, though.

Site Contributor
    Sep 2015
    Austin TX

I'd assume MUD wants 1 or 2. The 4 Wasteland/Factory slots can be awkward for the deck, so this could go in that space.

Fingers crossed for a new Sol Land or Locus!

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Its the same as the Monarch-Land: Far too expensive to pull off and in this case even restricted to Metalcraft. Whilewe are at it: Why isn't Metalcraft a thing for this set in the first place? Would have made an amazing natural fit on this plane. Fuck you WotC
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Mar 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    Its the same as the Monarch-Land: Far too expensive to pull off and in this case even restricted to Metalcraft. Whilewe are at it: Why isn't Metalcraft a thing for this set in the first place? Would have made an amazing natural fit on this plane. Fuck you WotC
    Does anything make you happy? I mean, this is a card likely to see play in decks that run SOL lands, so far too expensive seems bad, it gives you life in decks that take damage off of Tomb and it gives you a chance to tutor. MUD might now be a deck much these days, but fuck this slots right into that without an issue.
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

I like it, one off could be sweet in mud, life gain is rather slow (in terms of amount gained and metalcraft requirement), but a welcoming part of this card. Hoping for some new MUD toys. More locus lands would be awesome

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Does anything make you happy? I mean, this is a card likely to see play in decks that run SOL lands, so far too expensive seems bad, it gives you life in decks that take damage off of Tomb and it gives you a chance to tutor. MUD might now be a deck much these days, but fuck this slots right into that without an issue.
    To convert lands into more artifacts, Buried Ruins is superior in MUD and it doesn't require you to have a field full of artifacts in the first place which should mean you are winning anyways. Metalcraft is a bitch otherwise we would see Opal Mox or Etched Champion played more. There are plenty of colorless options in MUD for 4 mana to create cardadvantage, just to note. At this point, we are not even talking about the Locus+SolLand MUD manabase which can run eye of Ugin or Sea Gate Wreckage. For me, this card is a Legendary Buried Ruin which does not recycle a destroyed Artifact, but gets a new from your library. What is the most broken stuff it can do? Get a Chalice @ 0 on turn 3?
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

Quote Originally Posted by Ace/Homebrew View Post
    'No returning mechanics in Kaladesh' even though that is clearly Metalcraft...
    Yeah I noticed that right away. It could just be that one land that does a "3 or more" count, so maybe it isn't worth bringing back a whole non-evergreen keyword for just one card?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Creature type - 'Fuck you mooooooom'
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    EDIT: Tsumi, you are silly.

Mar 2013

I would argue that tutoring it more powerful than graveyard recursion and intermediate life gain is not nothing.

Force of Will is my bitch
    Sep 2004
    South Florida

It's a very good card. You just don't get three abilities on a land and of course it is a tutor on a land which is outlandishly useful. Don't sweat the artifact requirement. You aren't going to have five mana to activate it unless you have plenty of permanents anyway. Also, the fact that it sacrifices itself is kinda cool considering it is legendary. You can safely go to three of them if your deck is constructed properly.

I expect this to be a staple for years to come.
    "Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
    "Politicians are like diapers. They should be changed often and for the same reason."
    "Governing is too important to be left to people as silly as politicians."
    "Politicians were mostly people who'd had too little morals and ethics to stay lawyers."

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Can any MUD style decks play that? It is a form of consistency..
    Seems like a card for lantern control. I don't think there are any prominent grindy artifact decks in legacy.

Jul 2013
    Texas

Legacy having access to the full suite of artifact lands can't hurt this card.

I would argue that tutoring it more powerful than graveyard recursion and intermediate life gain is not nothing.
    I'm not sure 'more powerful' is the right phrase considering that recursion allows stuff like slaver locks. It's more that tutoring is an enabler, and recursion is a finisher; so they have different roles.

Fundamentally, the issue with Inventors' Fair is how expensive and conditional the ability is to activate.

Oct 2013
    Berlin

Does anything make you happy?
    I do believe you know the answer.
    TEAM MtG Berlin

"Dredge isn't a deck, it's public masturbation with graveyard triggers."

Quote Originally Posted by phazonmutant View Post
    So dismissive.
    Quote Originally Posted by danyul View Post
    This thread is great. I've been able to save so much money on seasoning! Whenever I'm eating something bland, I just wander over here to borrow some of the infinite salt.

Vehicles and the energy mechanic are going to be interesting. Fabricate is the coolest +1/+1 counter throwaway mechanic they've had in a while too.

Another new symbol and card frame. This shit feels like its getting over saturated real fast. But whatever I'm such a sucker for artifacts that I'll take stupid mechanics if I get more.

Jul 2013
    Texas

Saheeli is basically a 3 CMC blue Nahiri, I wouldn't sleep on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information