Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Kaladesh -or- When Kiran met Pia

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Re: Kaladesh -or- When Kiran met Pia

Quote Originally Posted by MaximumC View Post
    My impression was that Doomsday was more about 1cc cantrips to find the combo and then winning with Mental Note into Unearth -> Maniac.
    Some people like to play "Tendrils - The Three Card Combo Version"
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Feb 2014

Why trying to be vulnerable to gravehate while there is zero reason to do so?

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by dte View Post
    Why trying to be vulnerable to gravehate while there is zero reason to do so?
    You mean ... like hardcasting Maniac?
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

I like this line of experimentation, and I hope it brings us to BROKENTOWN eventually. This card probably is not it, though. Compares unfavorably to Ideas Unbound, which sees no play. ...
    That's not so clear. Cathartic Reunion is clearly a superior card for dredge because the discard is more reliable, and happens before the draw does.

I'm so meta, even this acronym
    Sep 2008

Quote Originally Posted by fairgrounds warden
    Creature - Dwarf Soldier
    When ~ etb, exile target creature an opponent controls until ~ ltb.
    1/3
    Hey, Soldiers might actually have enough Ok creatures between this and the conspiracy ones to build a half-decent stompy deck. Amusing.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Perhaps in Modern with things like Ichor Wellspring? Goofy and probably not good, but could be funny none-the-less.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Feb 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    You mean ... like hardcasting Maniac?
    Yes, either hardcasting LM or playing ToA.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinitium View Post
    Hey, Soldiers might actually have enough Ok creatures between this and the conspiracy ones to build a half-decent stompy deck. Amusing.
    It's a decent card, but stompy wants proactive effects that can swing the game before the opponent gets on the board.

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post

Perhaps in Modern with things like Ichor Wellspring? Goofy and probably not good, but could be funny none-the-less.
    Nice crappy Arcbound Ravager you've got there, brah.

I guess you can stop running Extruder and Dwarven Weaponsmith now, though. The long nightmare is over.

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    It's a decent card, but stompy wants proactive effects that can swing the game before the opponent gets on the board.
    He's a got a bigger butt than Banisher Priest and is easier to cast than that or Fiend Hunter. A Good Card.

Not Legacy playable, no, but A Good Card.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

With this seemingly being the last day before the final and complete spoiler, did you guys see Legacy relevent cards which you would like to test?

Join us at Facebook!

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Nice crappy Arcbound Ravager you've got there, brah.

I guess you can stop running Extruder and Dwarven Weaponsmith now, though. The long nightmare is over.
    Indeed, poor people rejoice!

(I thought about Ravager about 5 seconds after posting, but let my stupidity stand anyway.)
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

With this seemingly being the last day before the final and complete spoiler, did you guys see Legacy relevent cards which you would like to test?
    I would guess with a varying degree of playability
    • Padeem, Consul Of Innovation (8Tezz?)
    • Paradoxical Outcome (Some sort of combo - doubtful)
    • Lost Legacy (SB card)
    • Chandra, Torch of Defiance (No clue)
    • Madcap Experiment (Something, I don't think Emperium quite makes Legacy cut, but I think this has some future in Legacy)
    • Aetherflux Reservoir (Storm or Life dec?)
    • Aetherworks Marvel (Energy) (Probably not)
    • Animation Module (With PWs or something - probably not)
    • Ghitapur Orrery (Stax?)
    • Inventors' Fair (Mud?)

Sure.

Seems like a solid Disenchant variant for low-mana white decks. Also can be part of a Burning Wish sideboard.

Any time a card says "put X into play" without paying for it, there's possible shenanigans. 4 mana is just on the cusp of what might be playable. Is it time for Surprise Deployment.dec at last?

A fine Annul variant if you're more worried about Eldrazi than Oath / Enchantress.

This has "VINTAGE ENGINE" written all over it. Gush for Moxen? Yes, please. People are already testing it and calling it the second coming of Mind's Desire.

Combo with anything that prevents damage for a 4 mana Tinker. Card is nutso.

Tendrils of Agony 2.0 -- NOW WITH ARTIFACT SYNERGY!

Shops and MUD have a new replacement for Uba Mask yaaaaay

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

I don't get why people are raving over Madcap Experiment. Shape Anew already exists.
    I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    13NoVa plays Force of Will from his hand.
    Finglonger plays Spell Pierce from his hand.
    [10:22:43]  13NoVa: lol
    sure
    Finglonger points from his Dack Fayden to 13NoVa's Sol Ring.
    [10:23:04]  13NoVa: lol dumb ******; nice draws with retard.dec
    stupid cocksucker
    You have been kicked out of the game.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by (nameless one) View Post
    I don't get why people are raving over Madcap Experiment. Shape Anew already exists.
    Because you have a 100% chance to hit the card you want?

Join us at Facebook!

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Because you have a 100% chance to hit the card you want?
    No - that's not it - since they are both random in that they reveal cards until you reveal an artifact. It's just with emprium its a 1 card combo or a 2 card combo using cheap cards while shape anew requires you to always be a two card combo usually requiring you to play cards that produce artifact or become artifacts.

Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    No - that's not it - since they are both random in that they reveal cards until you reveal an artifact. It's just with emprium its a 1 card combo or a 2 card combo using cheap cards while shape anew requires you to always be a two card combo usually requiring you to play cards that produce artifact or become artifacts.
    It's a question of how badly you want to warp your deck.

Shape Anew requires that you run cards whose only purpose in life is to create artifact tokens. Those are, by and large, not great cards.

Madcap requires that you run cards that give you protection from Red or give you spells Lifelink or let you stop damage from a Sorcery. That's a waaaaay less deck-warping requirement.

EDIT: And, yes, Emperion is a one-card combo, but I really have my doubts about whether a 4 mana 8/8 without evasion or protection is playable. I mean, we don't see Kalonian Hydra tearing up the tables, do we?

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

It's a question of how badly you want to warp your deck.

Shape Anew requires that you run cards whose only purpose in life is to create artifact tokens. Those are, by and large, not great cards.

Madcap requires that you run cards that give you protection from Red or give you spells Lifelink or let you stop damage from a Sorcery. That's a waaaaay less deck-warping requirement.

EDIT: And, yes, Emperion is a one-card combo, but I really have my doubts about whether a 4 mana 8/8 without evasion or protection is playable. I mean, we don't see Kalonian Hydra tearing up the tables, do we?
    Agreed on all counts.

Oct 2005
    Toronto Canada

Any time a card says "put X into play" without paying for it, there's possible shenanigans. 4 mana is just on the cusp of what might be playable. Is it time for Surprise Deployment.dec at last?
    Argivian Restoration...

Quote Originally Posted by ReAnimator View Post
    ...yeah, and? Restoration is also a good card. They both do a Broken Thing. This version is even sexier because it's easier to cast.

Thread Information