Page 21 of 58 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: Amonkhet, a new Plane for the next Block

Re: Amonkhet, a new Plane for the next Block

To be honest someone sent me the picture via WhatsApp, so it could be a fake.
    "You either die a Onesto-Player, or live long enough to see yourself become a Dredger"

Mar 2010
    geneva, the frozen waste

I don't understand the hype for bicycle, I picked the last comment about them, but I've read multiple exemple of spoiler madness in the thread already.

Quote Originally Posted by morgan_coke View Post
    They're Horizon Canopies that you can fetch and that don't cost you life. You don't want to replace the duals with them, but they'll be 1-2 of in a lot of decks that aren't blue tempo.
    In synergy with daze, they can be slower horizon canopies that you can fetch but as they CIPT you don't play them in blue tempo shell, ok I get that but isn't blue tempo the home of daze ?

So you can't cycle them from play unless you play daze (or waste yourself and loam them back, not the most tempoish play) but they don't go in daze shell . This is not on par with duals, not even close guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by lorddotm View Post
    Magic would be a lot more interesting if more Punks played it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    Wow, you're right!

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    Like why obfuscate the card names? They all look like those shitty chat room names from the AOL 3.0 days. Cards today be like ,.-~*'Spell Pierce'*~-.,
    _________( O>__________
    \\\ avon midcensor 2W ///
    '''''''''''''\---;; - ;;---/''''''''''''''

Quote Originally Posted by Bed Decks Palyer View Post
    _________( O>__________

It all makes sense. The Invocations are guerilla marketing for Magic: The Goening.
    It's like arguing your way out of a speeding ticket by saying "it's not like I'm wearing oven mitts, officer."
    Twenty Kavus and a Dream is NOT a Legacy deck.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

I can't imagine cycle duals changing anything. Seems pretty mediocre to me. Maybe modern now can have an aggro loam deck, but still seems bad there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Bed Decks Palyer View Post
    _________( O>__________
    Decided to waste 5 mins on photoshop

"You either die a Onesto-Player, or live long enough to see yourself become a Dredger"

I wonder how well ASCII art cards would go over as super rare chase objects.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    I wonder how well ASCII art cards would go over as super rare chase objects.
    Are they foil?
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Quote Originally Posted by Noctalor View Post
    Decided to waste 5 mins on photoshop

You seem to be missing some of the key WOTC design vocabulary, I fixed it up for you so should be good to go straight to the printing press now.

Seems like we are getting somewhere

Aug 2015
    The woods again

I was starting to think this thread couldn't get any better. I was wrong.

Also, Phonics, needs more lens fla- I mean, foiling.

[EDIT: And could you make the art a bit smaller?]
    All Spells Primer under construction: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e...Tl7utWpLo0/pub
    PM me if you want to contribute!
    Just in time for Valentines Day 💝

Roses are red, violets are blue
    Omae wa mou shindeiru
    Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Quick question, are you also still waiting for the great pumpkin it did you finally pick it in once December hit?
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I am tired of malicious top 8s and it is time to put an end to the practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    Wizards and printing meaningful hate don't go into the same sentence anymore. Try it again in a year or so.
    I feel like I'm fallin for an April fools here - but gravehate has been pretty damn effective over the last few years.

I'm not seeing anything that really interests me just yet.

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

Quote Originally Posted by Noctalor View Post
    Seems like we are getting somewhere
    If only the original card was a split-flip-flop doublefacepenetration one. We could be doing design wonders with such a wonder of design.

edit:
    Also, following the Arabain Nights, Theros and Amokhnet, time has come for another one real-world-mythology based set. Magic palyers, get ready for Gift from Galilee (TM)

Quote Originally Posted by slave View Post
    I feel like I'm fallin for an April fools here - but gravehate has been pretty damn effective over the last few years.
    Not in Standard it hasn't. If they had bothered printing some kind of playable graveyard hate, Emrakul wouldn't have been a problem.

I think Shamble Back of all things is the best graveyard hate in Standard at the moment.

So, looking at the article on the cycle duals again, and the line about Astral Slide and Lightning Rift not fitting because of templating, I looked at Archfiend of Ifnir again, and something stood out to me.

"Whenever you cycle or discard"

vs.

"Whenever a player cycles"

If all the "triggers on cycling" effects are worded like that, the following cards might be due for a large spike shortly: Nahiri, the Harbinger, Key to the City, Collective Brutality, Geier Reach Sanitarium, there are other standard legal cards that could get a play-ability bounce, but they aren't rare or played enough to matter.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by morgan_coke View Post
    So, looking at the article on the cycle duals again, and the line about Astral Slide and Lightning Rift not fitting because of templating, I looked at Archfiend of Ifnir again, and something stood out to me.

"Whenever you cycle or discard"

vs.

"Whenever a player cycles"

If all the "triggers on cycling" effects are worded like that, the following cards might be due for a large spike shortly: Nahiri, the Harbinger, Key to the City, Collective Brutality, Geier Reach Sanitarium, there are other standard legal cards that could get a play-ability bounce, but they aren't rare or played enough to matter.
    What you are hinting at is some form of a new pseudo-madness, which can be triggered by itself (cycling) or by feeding it to other cards (like your mentioned collective brutality). This would be far too strong to be printed that way as I have like a dozen cards in mind, which would just wait for such a Mechanic to ever happen as discarding it would cheat on the Cycling cost.

Just imagine a Divination with 2UU cycling cost to draw 2 with the "cycle OR discard" clause. Absurd

Sry for quoting the whole block.
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    What you are hinting at is some form of a new pseudo-madness, which can be triggered by itself (cycling) or by feeding it to other cards (like your mentioned collective brutality). This would be far too strong to be printed that way as I have like a dozen cards in mind, which would just wait for such a Mechanic to ever happen as discarding it would cheat on the Cycling cost.

Just imagine a Divination with 2UU cycling cost to draw 2 with the "cycle OR discard" clause. Absurd

Sry for quoting the whole block.
    I agree it would be stupid and broken, but that has never stopped wizards from doing it before, I can't think of another issue with Slide and Rift's templating that could stop them from being reprinted, and the only card we've seen with that effect is worded that way. If they all cost 5+ like Archfiend does, it's not a huge issue, but we haven't seen the cards yet, so who knows. There's also no guarantee that there are reprints of Slide and Rift with that templating, we could be in for something else entirely.

They'll put the Slide effect on a creature probably. They'll put fluctuator on a creature too (1 less to cycle). Any build around permanents will be 4cc+.

You could probably analyze the past few sets since Khans/Theros or whatever and find the formula they're using to build sets now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acclimation View Post
    I about died from laughter when I was watching my feature match and the commentators called Tinfins a difficult and challenging deck.

I'm not saying it's the easiest deck to play, but the plan is so linear that I could probably get white girl wasted and still beat people with the deck.
    Quote Originally Posted by maharis View Post
    Imagine the trauma of a man who has seen Mom into Crusader enough to mainboard three Cabal Pits.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    ...Any build around permanents will be 4cc+....
    Inspiring Statuary is a potential build-around at 3. Winding Constrictor is at 2.

Obvious combo engine cards are going to be 4cc+, but who knows what the FFL will miss.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Morgan Coke was right with his prediction:

This mechanic has potential to be pretty powerful on the right cards.

Also, the first God card was revealed - no Devotion, but still conditional in some way:

Thread Information