Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Aether Revolt -or- Kaladesh 2: Ghirapur Drift

Administrator

Sep 2009
    Vienna, AT

Re: Aether Revolt -or- Kaladesh 2: Ghirapur Drift

Yahenni's Expertise - wipe board, draw 3 from Ancestral Vision?

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

seems great. good catch. just remember you don't get the free cast until the 1st card resolves.
    -rob

bruizar

So Expertise into Boom // Bust should also work then.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by colo View Post
    Yahenni's Expertise - wipe board, draw 3 from Ancestral Vision?
    If this and Scrap Trawler are any indication for a "less CC spells matter", I wouldn't be suprised if this gets broken by some cheaper spells with the same mechanic. Also, if that's the case, Restore Balance.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    If this and Scrap Trawler are any indication for a "less CC spells matter", I wouldn't be suprised if this gets broken by some cheaper spells with the same mechanic. Also, if that's the case, Restore Balance.
    As we know WotC they will print an UW counter which lets you cast an 1cc or less spell for free
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Quote Originally Posted by bruizar View Post
    So Expertise into Boom // Bust should also work then.
    Yep. You can even cast Beck // Call with fuse for four tokens and four cards, or Myr Superion.

Part of me wonders about the potential with Wheel of Fate and Past in Flames.

Is Cancer

Jul 2014

It'll finally balance the format ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nestalim View Post
    Wrong. Gideon Emblem protect you from losing and you can even open your binder and slam some cards on the board, not even the HJ can DQ you now.

Quote Originally Posted by mistercakes View Post
    not sure how useful it is, but all the swords are 3cc right?
    8 sfm? Or mage stompy...
    “Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

@Trophy Mage: What are good 3-mana artifacts worth fetching? Aside from Trinisphere and all the other Stax shenanigans.
    Ensnaring Bridge,Master of Etherium, Etched Champion,Shardless Agent, and Staff of Domination/Metalworker, the swords, and some random stuff with combo potential.

Scrap Trawler does some broken things with Thopter Foundry/Sword of the Meek. Lotus Petal = infinite thopters and life. Plus, the trawler just makes the combo more reduntant in the form of recursion. And how about just Tralwer + Mishra's and Urza's Baubles.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Quote Originally Posted by The Nobodys View Post
    Scrap Trawler does some broken things with Thopter Foundry/Sword of the Meek. Lotus Petal = infinite thopters and life. Plus, the trawler just makes the combo more reduntant in the form of recursion. And how about just Tralwer + Mishra's and Urza's Baubles.
    Don't think it works because he says the mana cost has to be less. So once you hit zero you have to stop
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    Don't think it works because he says the mana cost has to be less. So once you hit zero you have to stop
    You sack Sword of the Meek to Thopter Foundry. The trigger off scrap trawler lets you return Lotus Petal and then the triggered ability on sword of the meek returns it to play. Then you play and sack lotus petal for mana to activate the foundry. Rinse and repeat as necessary.

It's basically useless but I think you can copy Composite Golem with Sculpting Steel or Phyrexian Metamorph and repeatedly sack and recast it for infinite mana and storm.

Something that's probably a bit more interesting is Scrapheap Trawler + eggs. Recycling lotus petal (or a doubled mox opal) turns eggs into freecyclers, and recycling the baubles can get extra card draw.

There might also be stupid tricks with Metalwork Colossus.

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

People already noticed but Expertise can let you cast fuse cards both sides for free (as longs as CMC is 3 or less on one side).

Beck//Call is pretty good.

For a 2 card combo for 2BB, you give all creatures -3/-3, draw 4 cards and have 4/4 flying power out.

Breaking//Entering also seems nice

For a 2 card combo for 2BB, you give all creatures -3/-3, and get get a giant creature into play, as long as that creature is in the top 8 cards of your deck and it doesn't have a graveyard clause.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    You sack Sword of the Meek to Thopter Foundry. The trigger off scrap trawler lets you return Lotus Petal and then the triggered ability on sword of the meek returns it to play. Then you play and sack lotus petal for mana to activate the foundry. Rinse and repeat as necessary.

It's basically useless but I think you can copy Composite Golem with Sculpting Steel or Phyrexian Metamorph and repeatedly sack and recast it for infinite mana and storm.

Something that's probably a bit more interesting is Scrapheap Trawler + eggs. Recycling lotus petal (or a doubled mox opal) turns eggs into freecyclers, and recycling the baubles can get extra card draw.

There might also be stupid tricks with Metalwork Colossus.
    You're right. I was off in my own stupid world
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Is Cancer

Jul 2014

Quote Originally Posted by The Nobodys View Post
    Not really. That's a 4 card combo that does a poor imitation of already existing 3 card combos. TF, Sword, Ashnod's gives that, but also gives infinite mana.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nestalim View Post
    Wrong. Gideon Emblem protect you from losing and you can even open your binder and slam some cards on the board, not even the HJ can DQ you now.

Quote Originally Posted by tescrin View Post
    Not really. That's a 4 card combo that does a poor imitation of already existing 3 card combos. TF, Sword, Ashnod's gives that, but also gives infinite mana.
    That's true. However, Scrap Trawler is a much better card outside of the combo. It's a relatively good body, and gives you some card advantage / combo protection options if thopter foundry was destroyed. I'm not saying it's an amazing combo, but it seems like an interesting and potentially powerful inclusion.

Quicksmith rebel is fully spoiled. Seems cute with Winter Orb, but I'm not sure there are any real combo possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    Quicksmith rebel is fully spoiled. Seems cute with Winter Orb, but I'm not sure there are any real combo possibilities.
    Static Orb? 3Sphere? Howling Mine?

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

might be fine with a way to protect it, like lightning greaves. maybe this has a place in a welder/mud deck

also could be okay with any artifact that has an untap ability. there might be some whacky combos in there.

certainly reminds me of flame fusillade with time vault in old legacy. anybody else remember any other cards that had some kind of similar kill effect? (looking for any way to untap an artifact easily)
    -rob

Quote Originally Posted by mistercakes View Post
    certainly reminds me of flame fusillade with time vault in old legacy. anybody else remember any other cards that had some kind of similar kill effect? (looking for any way to untap an artifact easily)
    Fusillade is still legal, so if there were some other combo piece, it's likely we'd know about it.

Thread Information