Thread: So im Cashing out (NOT A SALES THREAD) travel to sell ?

Oct 2011
    Denmark

So im Cashing out (NOT A SALES THREAD) travel to sell ?

So im cashing out of Legacy.

There is no sob story or buyout rant. I simply dont play much these days, as my 4 planeswalkerpoints for all of 2016 attest to.

Alot of my cards are alpha, korean FBB or foil japanese - kinda tricky to sell.

Im considering travelling to the US, for a big event. maybe GP Louisville, so tell stuff.

How successfull do you guys think that would be? Do you expect many different vendors there and are they interested in high end nieche kind of stuff?
    Last edited by Phelix; 12-29-2016 at 11:46 AM.
    "Brainstorm and Fetchlands are interesting although I don't know if Brainstorms alone are worth it right now, because Stifle is a common card. " -Peddi 2015.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Re: So im Cashing out (NOT A SALES THREAD) travel to sell ?

Quote Originally Posted by Phelix View Post

There is no sob story or buyout rant. I simply dont play much these days, as my 4 planeswalkerpoints for all of 2016 attest to.

Im considering travelling to the US, for a big event. maybe GP Louisville, so tell stuff.

How successfull do you guys think that would be? Do you expect many different vendors there and are they interested in high end niece kind of stuff?
    Probably eBay or binge selling to a vendor overseas. MKM is a joke since they charge like a 20% fee for their service
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Oct 2011
    Denmark

Yep im avoiding that entirely.
    "Brainstorm and Fetchlands are interesting although I don't know if Brainstorms alone are worth it right now, because Stifle is a common card. " -Peddi 2015.

itsJulian.com - Legacy Videos
    Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany

With prices in the US so much higher than they are in Europe and the volume you are looking to sell, I can see it being totally worth it if you contact a couple of people interested in buying chunks of your collection in advance. I imagine some high roller-like meetings in private rooms of bars to negotiate the deals.

To provide some perspective: Matt has been buying through me on MKM for a year now. We recently figured it would be cheaper for him to actually fly over and collect the cards than for me to ship them to Canda with insurance. If you can, you should definitely try and take advantage of the price discrepancies for as long as they still exist.
    The seven cardinal sins of Legacy:
    1. Discuss the unbanning of Land Tax Earthcraft.
    2. Argue that banning Force of Will would make the format healthier.
    3. Play Brainstorm without Fetchlands.
    4. Stifle Standstill.
    5. Think that Gaea's Blessing will make you Solidarity-proof.
    6. Pass priority after playing Infernal Tutor.
    7. Fail to playtest against Nourishing Lich (coZ iT wIlL gEt U!).

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

I'm sure you could move your stuff to vendors there, but then you are only going to get buy-list prices. At that point, aren't you basically where MKM has you (losing 20% or so)? Serious question, I'm generally unsure of buy-list prices nowadays.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Oct 2011
    Denmark

Partly.

Hoping to line up some buyers via high end forum on facebook before going.

Also if i dump some stuff to a trader, I save the months of waiting for buyer for this specific stuff on MKM.

and thirdly, sometimes cash in hand is better than a large transaction into a bankaccount.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    Probably eBay or binge selling to a vendor overseas. MKM is a joke since they charge like a 20% fee for their service
    I'm probably a little off topic here but is this for real? I've been out of MKM this year for personal reasons ( I don't live in Europe anymore ) but I remember selling things last year and it wasn't even close as far as I remember. Is it something they've changed recently?

itsJulian.com - Legacy Videos
    Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany

When I'm selling on MKM it has always been just 5%. I assume Felix and Peter are referring to the insurance service they impose on higher value items? Not sure.
    The seven cardinal sins of Legacy:
    1. Discuss the unbanning of Land Tax Earthcraft.
    2. Argue that banning Force of Will would make the format healthier.
    3. Play Brainstorm without Fetchlands.
    4. Stifle Standstill.
    5. Think that Gaea's Blessing will make you Solidarity-proof.
    6. Pass priority after playing Infernal Tutor.
    7. Fail to playtest against Nourishing Lich (coZ iT wIlL gEt U!).

Oct 2011
    Denmark

I lose some when I deposit money, some on transaction fees, some when I withdraw (exrate). I have not done the math, but its more than 5 percent.

snooty tea cats

Jan 2008

How successfull do you guys think that would be? Do you expect many different vendors there and are they interested in high end nieche kind of stuff?
    Post your Korean/Japanese stuff here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Foreignmtg/
    Quote Originally Posted by David Ochoa
    Shuffles, much like commas, are useful for altering tempo to add feeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    I just come for the pretty pictures and mono-trolls.

Oct 2011
    Denmark

Already did for some of it - no response there yet.

I lose some when I deposit money, some on transaction fees, some when I withdraw (exrate). I have not done the math, but its more than 5 percent.
    You do realize that these are not fees demanded by MKM, right? Julian23 is right in pointing out the MKM's fee is only 5% (plus 0,5% for insurance on expensive orders). Lemnear's claim that they charge 20% is simply wrong. The rest are costs incurred by transfering money internationally and exchanging currencies. These are not charged by MKM but by Paypal or the bank you are using. I mean I understand that they have their flaws and that they are not the best place to sell a collection at once, but don't spread wrong information. This is not an election campaign.

Oct 2011
    Denmark

Id love it if you have the correct figures.

I dont know exactly, and I have not bothered to go further off topic by discussing what is MKM, what might be bank transfer fees and who makes what percentage on the exchangerate.

The bottom line holds true, its more than 5 percent for me, for whatever reason. (one might be the fact that I dont use EUROS in my country)

more in topic please.

snooty tea cats

Jan 2008

Already did for some of it - no response there yet.
    Let me know if you have any additional Korean stuff for sale.
    Quote Originally Posted by David Ochoa
    Shuffles, much like commas, are useful for altering tempo to add feeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    I just come for the pretty pictures and mono-trolls.

Thread Information