Page 106 of 209 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156206 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,120 of 4171

Thread: [Primer] Nic Fit

Re: [Primer] Nic Fit

Quote Originally Posted by rubblekill View Post
    I'm going to try Nyx Fit for fun. Have you guys played with Nissa, Voice of Zendikar already? It seems decent: puts blockers on the board, synergy with Leap and low cmc.
    My main concern with this deck is the lack of means of CA. On paper it seems like the deck will go on top deck mode fast and lose from that point, I hope I'm wrong.
    If you resolve a Rector trigger (especially with Leap) you probably win the game on the spot (or at least get a major advantage) so card advantage is a bit less relevant since Rector provides so much of it.

Lingering Souls is probably just better than Nissa VOZ. Better both defensively and offensively with flying, quicker source of tokens, synergy with collective brutality and dovescape.

Feb 2015
    Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Navsi View Post
    If you resolve a Rector trigger (especially with Leap) you probably win the game on the spot (or at least get a major advantage) so card advantage is a bit less relevant since Rector provides so much of it.

Lingering Souls is probably just better than Nissa VOZ. Better both defensively and offensively with flying, quicker source of tokens, synergy with collective brutality and dovescape.
    I meant in addition to the playset of souls, but that's fair enough.

I don't think you can afford to play more than four copies of a card which is quite as dead as Souls/Nissa is against a fast deck, especially since you're already spending some slots on big stupid enchantments. I'm only running three copies of Lingering Souls as is.

The crazy nastyass honey badger

Dec 2013
    A desk chair, The Netherlands

Random thought here - Travers might be a nice fit for Nyx Fit, since it allows you to find Rectors (and since Rector costs 4 it's less important to have Delirium live in the first few turns).
    Quote Originally Posted by cavalrywolfpack View Post
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Random thought here - Travers might be a nice fit for Nyx Fit, since it allows you to find Rectors (and since Rector costs 4 it's less important to have Delirium live in the first few turns).
    The problem is finding slots. The deck is already spending several slots on big enchantments, interaction, and rectors / explorers / sac outlets. Also, Rector exiles itself from the yard which makes it even harder to get Delirium online (though you usually don't care by the time you got a rector trigger). The only slots that could reasonably be cut are the Leap/Souls slots, but they have other uses - Leap is both a way of finding Rector and a sacrifice outlet for him, whereas Traverse, while it can do either if you have delirium, sometimes does neither (no delirium) and never does both.

I run Garruk. He is sick in this list.
    1) He kills DRS. 2) He makes tokens. 3) He's a sac-outlet that finds rector. He is sick!

Feb 2015
    Italy

Quote Originally Posted by JackaBo View Post
    I run Garruk. He is sick in this list.
    1) He kills DRS. 2) He makes tokens. 3) He's a sac-outlet that finds rector. He is sick!
    He is awesome indeed, but so far I'm having problems dealing with the opposing board before turn 4. The last list that was posted had basically zero instant removal, except nodes which is (an enchantment and) not a legacy card in my opinion.
    The deck is VERY fun to play and has potential, but i feel it needs a consistent way to stabilise before entering the end game.
    Splendor seems like the best thing to cheat in play, but can someone explain why all the other new curses were discarded from the main deck?
    I don't understand living plane, is it here to beat non creature decks?
    So far a singleton intent has been great in my GB deck, I'll play at least one in nyx fit. Sacrificing the granny with intent was the old school thing to do right?

Quote Originally Posted by Navsi View Post
    Unless it gets countered, but yes. Collective Brutality also helps.

Personally I suspect the best Delirium build is a BUG one which only cares about card types in the yard in the lategame for casting Emrakul, which means we can afford to be slower to put card types in the graveyard. I am of the opinion that trying to make Traverse work (bar something super weird like Zenith getting banned) is something of a trap for us. Making Traverse work in an Explorer/Therapy shell is very hard, because Explorer is only a good card if we can play more than 4 earlygame copies (and so Traverse doesn't help with that) and Therapy, the other half of our core engine, also doesn't feed Traverse.
    Aside from BUG being the best colors (something I'm not really sure of, I think red might be stronger), I agree with the Traverse problems.

Dec 2013

I'm pretty sure we can come up with a set of numbers and SE it from there.

Anyone up for this? I'm happy to guide the project along.
    DAMMIT ECHELON

He is awesome indeed, but so far I'm having problems dealing with the opposing board before turn 4. The last list that was posted had basically zero instant removal, except nodes which is (an enchantment and) not a legacy card in my opinion.
    The deck is VERY fun to play and has potential, but i feel it needs a consistent way to stabilise before entering the end game.
    Splendor seems like the best thing to cheat in play, but can someone explain why all the other new curses were discarded from the main deck?
    So far a singleton intent has been great in my GB deck, I'll play at least one in nyx fit. Sacrificing the granny with intent was the old school thing to do right?
    Early game is no problem once you are at something like 3 Swords 3 Collective Brutality (or mix and match with Abrupt Decay). Also 2-3 Pernicious Deed. Another idea is Fatal Push as a possible way to kill Rector, but so far I've been taking the harder control route and enjoy having Swords to deal with Marit Lage and larger fatties such as Gurmag. Opp gaining life is zero issue.

Intent is fine addition, so far I haven't bothered to try it...Evo Leap is just so good on its own.

Living Plane used to be a possible hard lock for the deck against stuff like Miracles or other grindy game. Living Plane -> Curse of Death's Hold/Doomwake = opp never having access to mana again. Possible silly stuff like, suddenly lands can attack and kill a Jace, opp's fetches are now a turn slower, Deed = Armageddon, etc. To me, Plane has always felt sub-par on its own which was the reason I've left it alone for a while. You want stuff that wins the game with one rector trigger, and I've seen Dovescape do it way more often than Plane ever did. Dovescape also does the work that Sterling Grove used to do in protecting your enchantments.

Evo Leap in play? Leap Rector and grab Dovescape. Gives you plenty of time to loop and find another (now uncounterable) Rector to then grab Death's Hold.

What I plan to run in my next league. (Still have one game to go in current one which I've been recording and intend to post online for those interested)

1 Cavern of Souls
    2 Phyrexian Tower
    3 Forest
    2 Plains
    2 Swamp
    2 Bayou
    2 Savannah
    1 Scrubland
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    3 Windswept Heath

1 Dryad Arbor
    4 Veteran Explorer
    1 Eternal Witness
    4 Academy Rector
    1 Sigarda, Host of Herons

3 Swords to Plowshares
    4 Cabal Therapy
    3 Collective Brutality
    3 Evolutionary Leap
    2 Sylvan Library
    3 Lingering Souls
    3 Pernicious Deed
    1 Curse of Death's Hold
    1 Dovescape
    1 Cruel Reality
    1 Overwhelming Splendor
    3 Green Sun's Zenith

side:
    1 Ethersworn Canonist
    1 Gaddock Teeg
    1 Leyline of Sanctity
    4 Leyline of the Void
    2 Thoughtseize
    2 Toxic Deluge
    3 Lost Legacy
    1 To the Slaughter

Yes 3 Brutality in the main. Card has been so good, and I'm fine experimenting with 0 Decay now that I'll be back at 3 Deed. Could be a mistake but Brutality continues to help improve game 1 against combo. Will try going without Starfield since the cases where I grab Starfield seem extremely narrow and it doesn't affect the board.

For removal, I run 2 Swords / 3 Brutality / 2 Decay / 3 Deed in the maindeck, + Cruel Reality and Curse of Death's Hold. Sideboard has an additional 2 Toxic Deluge, 2 To The Slaughter.

As far as cheat in packages, I run Splendor, Dovescape, Curse of Death's Hold, and Cruel Reality. Possible Starfield as additional option.

- Splendor beats creature based decks that aren't going wide with small guys.
    - Dovescape beats anything spell based.
    - Curse of Death's Hold beats Empty the Warrens / Young Pyromancer, and combos with both of the above.
    - Cruel Reality is a clock so we can actually win the game, and answers JTMS.
    - Starfield is redundancy in case something gets removed / countered / discarded.

Living Plane is there as a finisher / hardlock when combined with Curse of Death's Hold. The problem is it does nothing on its own really - that's why I dropped it from my list. I guess if you aren't playing dovescape you need some way of having a rector trigger actually matter against spell based combo, but it seems pretty suspect. I'd rather have Dovescape or Nether Void.

Intent is okay but I never liked it. If you want to find and sac a rector I'd rather have Leap most of the time.

Feb 2015
    Italy

Thanks Navsi and square, I'll take note of what you have said and move from there.
    When I was talking about the lack of meaningful removal I was referring to the list posted on mtgtop 8 played by Ulysses 95 if I'm not mistaken.
    Living plane has seemed awkward the times I had it in hand, it seems both of you guys replaced it with cruel reality. I'll try it. Thanks for yor help, I'm a newbie Nyx fit player :D

Carnage Tyrant confirmed by Wizards today :

Let's build !

Dec 2013

That might just be the top end GSZ-able threat non-Junk lists have been waiting for!
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Aes Sídhe
    Sep 2010
    Williamsport, PA.

That might just be the top end GSZ-able threat non-Junk lists have been waiting for!
    Not sure it's better than Bellower unless the Dino tribal ends up mattering.

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Still might throw him in Junk.

Nov 2014
    Stockholm

Quote Originally Posted by grokh View Post
    Carnage Tyrant confirmed by Wizards today :

Let's build !
    It was spolide before and talked about it in the thred.

I think this is really nice card for nic-fit
    Deadguy ale Primer: http://articles.mtgcardmarket.com/br...n-deadguy-ale/ (Jeff did it before me)

Quote Originally Posted by Ganfar View Post
    It was spolide before and talked about it in the thred.

I think this is really nice card for nic-fit

Yep i knew, i was just saying it's now 100% real !

Feb 2015
    Italy

Talking about removal in Nyx Fit, have you ever tried innocent blood? Ramps with explorer, acts as an additional rector sacrificer, deals potentially with TNN, gurmags and griselbrands.

Aes Sídhe
    Sep 2010
    Williamsport, PA.

Talking about removal in Nyx Fit, have you ever tried innocent blood? Ramps with explorer, acts as an additional rector sacrificer, deals potentially with TNN, gurmags and griselbrands.
    This seems like a solid suggestion.

I tried Nyx Fit once a couple months ago and disliked it due to its propensity for drawing its absurd lockpieces instead of cards that can interact. I'm unsure, but suspect the deck will crumble under the SE principles. It needs its lockpieces to actually function, but at the same time, it results in a lot of do-nothing hands. You could go hypermana so that if you draw Sandwurm or Dovescape or w/e you can cast it easily, but then you'll burn out of cards (which is already a problem Nic Fit is suffering from as a whole).

I also think that cutting the Nyx itself from Nyx Fit is likely incorrect. Nyx + Deed is a hilariously strong interaction -- same as Sun Titan + Deed, except it does it for free and has extra text. Nyx is also much more castable than many other lockpieces (Sandwurm or Splendor come to mind).

I dunno, just my pseudo-outsider's point of view.

Thread Information