Page 20 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: [DTB] U/R Delver

Re: [DTB] U/R Delver

deck thinner, mana fixer, prowess enabler.

Quote Originally Posted by Chatto View Post
    As a Lands-player myself, I have to chim in on the discussion: the best hate vs Lands is without doubt Blood Moon. PoP is solid, and can be backbreaking, but please remember Glacial Chasm. Personally, I've been on GQ for a long time: it works best against all non-combo, non-heavy basics ('fair') decks.
    Since the last post, these are my cmc 3 cards, the testing results in paper have been decent:

1 TNN
    1 Sulfuric Vortex
    2 Blood Moon

and 18 lands. I know it's slightly higher, but that number provides the consistent land drops to catch 3rd turn lock piece on time.

The bottom line comes down to: how many DnT players are in your local meta? The more there are, the more you want TNN and/or Vortex.

The more Lands + greedy mana base DRS decks, the more you prefer Blood Moon.

I feel running four CMC 3 spells might be the max, has anyone try running more than 4?

Hey guys, let's do it! The blue yonder awaits! Yahoo!
    Apr 2011
    The World

Quote Originally Posted by Poron View Post
    deck thinner, mana fixer, prowess enabler.
    Next question: what should we cut to make room?
    "Be it ever so crumbled, there's no place like home."

RGCL (GQ)

Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Welcome aboard, in her dark name we do dedicate this performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    That actually sounds erotic.
    Youtube-playlist dedicated to RGCL

Nothing. Moar business, less jank...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Exactly, manamorphose is real trash and not needed at all. You already have 8 cantrips + 4 probes, you really want to draw into your business spells. Plus manamorphose forces you to play your spells in situations where you didn't want to cast them. Lastly, you have really nothing you want to cut.

Garbage at its finest, in my opinion
    Overdosed on confidence

Yup agree manamorphose offers us nothing. We don't need mana fixing and we're already running the 12 of the best cantrips we can.

Jan 2013
    Land of Snow and Purple Rain

Played a heavy stifle build yesterday. Did well but found myself cutting the stifle package (i faced 3x chalice decks consecutively)

Will likely be cutting that package in favor of TNN, who would have helped me with my D&T match-ups.

Quote Originally Posted by potatodavid View Post
    Played a heavy stifle build yesterday. Did well but found myself cutting the stifle package (i faced 3x chalice decks consecutively)

Will likely be cutting that package in favor of TNN, who would have helped me with my D&T match-ups.
    Are you playing Price and stifle main?

Jan 2013
    Land of Snow and Purple Rain

Quote Originally Posted by Rekk View Post
    Are you playing Price and stifle main?
    Yes

3x stifle
    2x Price main
    1x price board.

Apr 2011
    The World

Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    Nothing. Moar business, less jank...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Fra_44 View Post
    Exactly, manamorphose is real trash and not needed at all. You already have 8 cantrips + 4 probes, you really want to draw into your business spells. Plus manamorphose forces you to play your spells in situations where you didn't want to cast them. Lastly, you have really nothing you want to cut.

Garbage at its finest, in my opinion
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Yup agree manamorphose offers us nothing. We don't need mana fixing and we're already running the 12 of the best cantrips we can.
    I agree 100%

I was hoping t000 would answer, because that was the purpose of me asking those questions. It's easy to suggest certain cards, it's harder to cut cards to make room for certain cards.

RGCL (GQ)

Re: [DTB] U/R Delver- Help with Meta Choices for Tournament

There is a large (for Utah standards) legacy tournament at my LGS this Saturday. Based on the local legacy meta, I predict the most prevalent decks will be: D and T, Grixis Delver, Storm, Bant Deathblade, BUG Delver, RB Reanimator, various Chalice decks like dragon stompy and eldrazi. I know for fact there will also be at least two or three Lands players out of approximately 50 total players, which is perhaps the match up I fear the most. Based on this predicted meta, this is the list I am thinking of packing:

16 Lands:
    4x Scalding Tarn
    2x Flooded Strand
    2x Polluted Delta
    1x Wooded Foothills
    3x Volcanic Island
    2x Island
    2x Mountain

13 Creatures:
    4x Delver of Secrets
    4x Monastery Swiftspear
    2x Soul-Scar Mage
    2x Stormchaser Mage
    1x True-Name Nemesis

31 Spells:
    4x Brainstorm
    4x Ponder
    4x Gitaxian Probe
    4x Lightning Bolt
    4x Chain Lightning
    2x Price of Progress
    4x Daze
    4x Force of Will
    1x Fire/Ice or Fireblast (I can't decide which or if this should be a 14th creature)

Sideboard:
    2x Smash to Smithereens
    2x Surgical Extraction
    1x Null Rod
    1x Price of Progress
    2x Flusterstorm
    1x Grim Lavamancer
    2x Sulfuric Vortex
    1x Blood Moon
    2x Rough/Tumble
    1x Pyroblast

Other things I'm considering: another blood moon, eidolon of the great revel, submerge

I would love to hear your input on this list/anything else you can share.

Is Cancer

Jul 2014

Lands seems like a good MU I think; if you're truly concerned about it add a TNN and a PoP (or a Snapcaster.) If they move to PFire lock your guys, prowess beats that, if they move to waste you out, you have 4 basics. If they have more than 5 lands they basically die instantly to PoP. The only issue is early Lage, which your counterspells should be focused on stopping (crop)

As always, consider your role in the match. Are they going the PFire route? Play defensively and they won't control you. Are they going the Lage route? Play offensively.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nestalim View Post
    Wrong. Gideon Emblem protect you from losing and you can even open your binder and slam some cards on the board, not even the HJ can DQ you now.

Apr 2011
    The World

Don't forget Chasm-lock: if executed properly, we're in a rough spot. Still, UR Delver can be too fast.

RGCL (GQ)

Don't forget Chasm-lock: if executed properly, we're in a rough spot. Still, UR Delver can be too fast.

Yeah, Chasm lock is definitely what I fear most. P-Fire is pretty easy to play around.

To do what exactly? Be some sort of cantrip?
    Its a 'free' deck thinner, prowess trigger that replaces it self with both mana and a card. Just a thought. I just love the casting cost of Getaxian, beeing able to cast something free is just amazing in this deck, and if its a cantrip, oh thats lovely! Ive been taking PoP in and out of the MB, I dont like having it MB. It often ends up being an expensive Shock.
    Regards

Quote Originally Posted by t000 View Post
    Its a 'free' deck thinner, prowess trigger that replaces it self with both mana and a card. Just a thought. I just love the casting cost of Getaxian, beeing able to cast something free is just amazing in this deck, and if its a cantrip, oh thats lovely! Ive been taking PoP in and out of the MB, I dont like having it MB. It often ends up being an expensive Shock.
    Manamorphose is in no way comparable to probe. Probe is properly "free" in that you can cast it before even laying a land, you won't be casting morphose until turn 2. Probe also gives you hand intelligence so you know, for example, what to save a FoW for, whether to fetch a basic or volc, how to sequence your spells, Manamorphose does nothing but replace itself in this deck and might give you a single damage on prowess. We're not Storm, we don't need to thin our deck, we need to draw more business cards.

Sure, sometimes PoP can feel a bit dead when we are against a basic-heavy deck, but the vast majority of decks in legacy do use a lot of nonbasics and if it's a dead card in our matchup we can just shuffle it away with brainstorm. I'd rather run some exquisite firecraft or other burn spell as a replacement for PoP long before I'd ever consider manamorphose. Majority of the time though PoP is doing 4-6 damage and triggering prowess.

Mar 2016
    Austria

Quote Originally Posted by appleseiter15 View Post
    There is a large (for Utah standards) legacy tournament at my LGS this Saturday. Based on the local legacy meta, I predict the most prevalent decks will be: D and T, Grixis Delver, Storm, Bant Deathblade, BUG Delver, RB Reanimator, various Chalice decks like dragon stompy and eldrazi. I know for fact there will also be at least two or three Lands players out of approximately 50 total players, which is perhaps the match up I fear the most. Based on this predicted meta, this is the list I am thinking of packing:

16 Lands:
    4x Scalding Tarn
    2x Flooded Strand
    2x Polluted Delta
    1x Wooded Foothills
    3x Volcanic Island
    2x Island
    2x Mountain

13 Creatures:
    4x Delver of Secrets
    4x Monastery Swiftspear
    2x Soul-Scar Mage
    2x Stormchaser Mage
    1x True-Name Nemesis

31 Spells:
    4x Brainstorm
    4x Ponder
    4x Gitaxian Probe
    4x Lightning Bolt
    4x Chain Lightning
    2x Price of Progress
    4x Daze
    4x Force of Will
    1x Fire/Ice or Fireblast (I can't decide which or if this should be a 14th creature)

Sideboard:
    2x Smash to Smithereens
    2x Surgical Extraction
    1x Null Rod
    1x Price of Progress
    2x Flusterstorm
    1x Grim Lavamancer
    2x Sulfuric Vortex
    1x Blood Moon
    2x Rough/Tumble
    1x Pyroblast

Other things I'm considering: another blood moon, eidolon of the great revel, submerge

I would love to hear your input on this list/anything else you can share.

I feel like you should include 1 Dismember to deal with Big Eldrazis, Goyfs and Delve creatures. Otherwise looks solid.

Anyone tried Miracle U/R Delver?

I'm trying a list with:
    2-4 Temporal Masteries
    1-3 Thunderous Wraths
    0-1 Reforge the Souls

Creature base should of course include Young Pyromancer then. Anyone has tried this already (Didn't find a different primer) out or should I update here the list I'm using for the testing?

Quote Originally Posted by raudo View Post
    Anyone tried Miracle U/R Delver?

I'm trying a list with:
    2-4 Temporal Masteries
    1-3 Thunderous Wraths
    0-1 Reforge the Souls

Creature base should of course include Young Pyromancer then. Anyone has tried this already (Didn't find a different primer) out or should I update here the list I'm using for the testing?
    I'd be interested to see your list and hear how it plays.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Tempel View Post
    I feel like you should include 1 Dismember to deal with Big Eldrazis, Goyfs and Delve creatures. Otherwise looks solid.
    That's a good idea! Would you put it main or side? What would you take out in favor of it?

Thread Information