Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sinkhole in legacy

Re: Sinkhole in legacy

Quote Originally Posted by btm10 View Post
    Raze has been around for almost 20 years and has seen only fringe play as far as I know. I don't think the added flexibility of Bolting yourself instead of killing a land makes it better
    How can you even compare losing a land to losing 3 hp?
    "You either die a Onesto-Player, or live long enough to see yourself become a Dredger"

Sam S
    Dec 2011
    Newmarket, ON

For BB

Hymn > Sinkhole

Contrary to the mostly negative assessments people have given here regarding the playability of Sinkhole I would actually argue that, against the background of my experience with playing it recently, it's not as bad as it is suggested in here. A lot of the best decks right now either heavily rely on specific lands to work (Eldrazi & Depths) or require quite some amount of mana to work efficiently (e.g. those 4c goodstuff decks or miracles).

Site Contributor

Feb 2011
    Sheffield

Stifle
    Sinkhole
    Snapcaster
    Orb

It’s still not great, ran tombstalker and dreadnought as win-con.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

It's not that good. Deathrite go, nice sinkhole you idiot
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Even Wasteland isn't that great in the format anymore. Yes it does work, but on the merit of it being free, only requiring a land drop. Many decks aren't even using the full set. As has been mentioned, the best deck for Sinkhole is Pox, and that because it uses Dark Ritual to accelerate the effect. But even Pox is shying away from Sinkhole, mostly in favor of better 2-drops like Ratchet Bomb and Collective Brutality. It's actually a bummer because they just reprinted Sinkhole in Eternal Masters, making it incredibly more affordable. I snatched up a set and I've only sleaved them up once in Pox before taking them out.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Trop -> Nacatl Pass
    Dec 2003
    SUNY Geneseo

Snapcaster Sinkhole seems decent to me.

Thread Information