Thread: [SCD] Words of Wisdom

[SCD] Words of Wisdom

Words of Wisdom

Deathrite Shaman + Leovold, Emissary of Trest seems to be the best thing you can do in Legacy now that Top is banned, and Words of Wisdom seems pretty bonkers in that shell. It also has some synergy with Liliana of the Veil and other discard spells (WoW on their end step, and then make them discard on your turn), but it obviously is the best with Leovold out (draw 2 for 1U instant speed is really good - Predict anyone?). I haven't had the chance to test it yet, but I will soon, and I hope you guys want to try it out as well, so it's not just me against the world!
    Last edited by Jander78; 04-28-2017 at 03:21 PM. Reason: added card and tags

!
    Jan 2010
    Lehigh Valley, PA

Re: [SCD] Words of Wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by Sigar View Post
    Words of Wisdom

Deathrite Shaman + Leovold, Emissary of Trest seems to be the best thing you can do in Legacy now that Top is banned, and Words of Wisdom seems pretty bonkers in that shell. It also has some synergy with Liliana of the Veil and other discard spells (WoW on their end step, and then make them discard on your turn), but it obviously is the best with Leovold out (draw 2 for 1U instant speed is really good - Predict anyone?). I haven't had the chance to test it yet, but I will soon, and I hope you guys want to try it out as well, so it's not just me against the world!
    Honestly I just like Night's Whisper better. Sorcery speed is a bummer, but the card is always good, whereas Words of Wisdom needs Leovold to be playable.

Quote Originally Posted by jrsthethird View Post
    Honestly I just like Night's Whisper better. Sorcery speed is a bummer, but the card is always good, whereas Words of Wisdom needs Leovold to be playable.
    Instant speed, no life loss, and pitches to FoW is a lot of upside. It also doesn't need Leovold in play to be "playable". It's not card disadvantage, and like I said, you can play it on their end step, and then use Liliana or Hymn on your turn for example. But of course, I will have to actually play with the card before I know for sure that it's good.

Nov 2007
    Finland

Quote Originally Posted by Sigar View Post
    It also doesn't need Leovold in play to be "playable".
    Show me any non-solidarity legacy list ever where it was played without Leovold and then come and repeat that statement.
    Some of my friends sell records,
    some of my friends sell drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopo View Post
    Show me any non-solidarity legacy list ever where it was played without Leovold and then come and repeat that statement.
    Chill bro. I didn't say it has been played before. I just said that even without Leovold in play, it is not completely unreasonable to cast it. You obviously only have the card in your deck because of Leovold.

Thread Information