2 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
    1 Tamiyo, the Moon Sage
    1 Venser, the Sojourner

// 6 Sorcery
    4 Ancestral Vision
    2 Restore Balance

Summary:
    - Stasis is good with As Foretold because:
    a) As Foretold lets you play Stasis for free (without tapping any lands), letting you keep Stasis alive longer
    b) You can maintain Stasis just by dropping 1 land every turn while still using As Foretold to deploy threats
    - Daze/Thwart are good with Stasis because if your islands aren't untapping anyway then returning them to your hand is like drawing extra cards (nothing new here)
    - Daze/Thwart are good with As Foretold because you can still develop your ability to play spells even though you are returning your lands to your hand
    - As Foretold is good with Ancestral/Balance because you can play them for free
    - Ancestral is good with Stasis because Stasis slows down the game giving you time to remove the suspend counters
    - Balance is good with the overall strategy because you have no creatures so it will always be at least Wrath of God and your main threats are Planeswalkers and Enchantments which aren't affected by it. Generally you are happy to use Stasis as creature removal (e.g. it just turns True-Name into lightning bolt) but sometimes it is difficult to set up quickly and sometimes there are creatures with abilities that you still want to kill (e.g. Leovold).
    - Balance is good with Daze/Thwart because reducing your land count allows balance to act as an LD spell
    - You don't care about destroying/discarding your own lands with Balance because you can get mana from As Foretold

I tried a UR version with As Foretold which was more similar to the old Ral Zarek lists that have been seen before.
    At first I only had 2 As Foretold but I increased it to 3 and then 4 because the card is just so good. I added Misdirection to protect it from Decay (Misdirection is also important for helping your Ancestral Visions resolve)
    I cut Red for White because I wanted more disruption and removal and it seemed that with 4 As Foretold, Restore Balance would be ideal.
    The downside to cutting Red is that there is no good replacement for Ral Zarek
    - Sun Titan is okay, can keep attacking under a Stasis, can sustain stasis by returning fetchlands, can recur Stasis and As Foretold to the battlefield, but opens you up to Swords to Plowshares
    - Venser can sustain Stasis by using the +2 ability on an Island but it doesn't tap down your opponent's permanents and the other 2 abilities are way worse than Ral Zareks

The main White spell I think the deck wants is Restore Balance which is usually cast from As Foretold anyway, so perhaps having so much white mana isn't even that important? Probably you could just play 3 Volc 1 Tundra or 2 Volc 1 Tundra and easily play both Restore Balance and Ral Zarek. You also have access to both colors of SB cards then.

I also think that with As Foretold in the deck Forsaken City might not be needed anymore (or you could also cut Reliquary Tower if you wanted to keep the number of colored sources high), so you would have the following:

// 60 Maindeck
    // 9 Enchantment
    4 Stasis
    1 Frozen Aether
    4 As Foretold

// 16 Instant
    4 Daze
    4 Force of Will
    4 Brainstorm
    1 Chain of Vapor
    2 Thwart
    1 Misdirection

// 24 Land
    10 Island
    3 Volcanic Island
    1 Reliquary Tower
    4 Misty Rainforest
    1 Polluted Delta
    4 Flooded Strand
    1 Tundra

// 5 Planeswalker
    1 Tamiyo, the Moon Sage
    2 Ral Zarek

// 6 Sorcery
    4 Ancestral Vision
    2 Restore Balance

I think an Enlightened-Tutor sideboard could be okay:
    - You can recover the card disadvantage with Ancestral
    - You can setup your main Stasis/As Foretold/Frozen Aether plan with it if you already have the SB bullet
    - Generally decks that are good against Stasis (Burn, Elves) can get bopped by an ETutor bullet (COP Red, Humility, etc)
    - Other cards are a blowout (Energy Flux, Bloodmoon, etc)

Let me know what you think

Re: UW(R) As Foretold Stasis

It seems sweet. I don't have any suggested changes yet but I'll ponder the problems during the next few days and possibly test it out in paper later during the month.

Would Teferi Temporal Archmage work in this? Lot of mana but As Foretold probably would get to six fairly often once online. The "Untap four permanents" seems good in a Stasis deck, and the ultimate doubles the effectiveness of your other PW. That said, I kind of feel like you would have tried this so maybe too inconsistent.

The other card that jumped at me was Thalia Heretic Cathar but then you said you were going for no creatures. Deck looks interesting anyway. Look forward to seeing how it works out.

Yeah I did think about the 6 mana Teferi but he's just too expensive.
    Typically you have only 4-5 lands when the As Foretold gets to 2 counters so this 'curve' of Stasis + Teferi doesn't often work out like it would with Ral Zarek.
    The +1 Tap down of Ral Zarek is also really important. If I was going to add another Planeswalker to the deck it would probably just be another copy of Jace or Ral Zarek.

Thalia is interesting but I think the Kismet effect is often win-more and like I said I don't want to turn my opponents removal on. I might even consider cutting the Frozen Aether even, but having the option of the Hard Lock is still appealing.

Chain of Vapor might be better as Echoing Truth. Often when you want to bounce your own Stasis you can do it through an As Foretold so the fact it costs 1 more doesn't matter, and anytime you have to bounce an opponent's permanent they can sac a land to bounce your As Foretold which isn't usually a good deal.

I think I want to try cutting 1 Thwart for either 1 Counterspell or 1 Meditate. (From the UWR build which I think is the better one)

I've been toying around building with just UR since someone showed me the light of as foretold and stasis. Will follow this thread and share my findings once i try to play my deck. the tabernacle at pendrell vale definitely belongs in this deck.

After reading the thread last week I toyed around with a Jeskai build. No doubt Ral Zarek, As Foretold, and Stasis are a three card combo that owns the game when they are all out. The problem was keeping alive long enough to set it up, even with multiple Restore Balance. It's great when it gets it locked down, just need to develop it to run a little smoother.

// 60 Maindeck
    // 1 Creature
    1 Sun Titan

// 6 Planeswalker
    4 Ral Zarek
    1 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
    1 Tamiyo, the Moon Sage

// 9 Enchantment
    4 Stasis
    4 As Foretold
    1 Frozen Aether

// 15 Instant
    4 Brainstorm
    3 Daze
    4 Force of Will
    2 Thwart
    1 Misdirection
    2 Enlightened Tutor

// 6 Sorcery
    3 Ancestral Vision
    3 Restore Balance

// 22 Land
    6 Island
    1 Plains
    4 Scalding Tarn
    4 Flooded Strand
    3 Tundra
    3 Volcanic Island

Side 15
    2 Enlightened Tutor
    1 Blood Moon
    1 Humility
    1 Rest in Peace
    2 Red Elemental Blast
    2 Flusterstorm
    1 Pyroclasm
    1 Supreme Verdict
    1 Energy Flux
    1 Leyline of Sanctity
    1 Sphere of Resistance*
    1 Pithing Needle

What are your thoughts on Kiora, the Crashing Wave?

I Think As foretold is extremly powerful and I like the list that was posted above. I thought about restore balance and to break the symmetry I figured I'd want some acceleration to not only speed things up, but to make my opponent discard more cards. With Chrome mox and spirit guides I figured I might aswell play the stompy Shell instead of fow/brainstorm and this is the end result.

CREATURES (4)
    4 Simian Spirit Guide
    *ENCHANTMENTS (10)
    4 Blood Moon
    4 As Foretold
    2 Stasis
    *SORCERIES (8)
    4 Ancestral Vision
    4 Restore Balance
    *PLANESWALKERS (10)
    4 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
    2 Ral Zarek
    4 Chandra, Torch of Defiance
    *ARTIFACTS (8)
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Chrome Mox
    *LANDS (20)
    4 Ancient Tomb
    3 Scalding Tarn
    3 Flooded Strand
    4 Volcanic Island
    6 Island
    * SIDEBOARD (15)
    4 Pyroclasm
    4 Flusterstorm
    3 Vendilion Clique
    4 Leyline of the Void

I spent a couple of minutes on this list so feel free to help me improve it =)

Quote Originally Posted by Mackan View Post
    I Think As foretold is extremly powerful and I like the list that was posted above. I thought about restore balance and to break the symmetry I figured I'd want some acceleration to not only speed things up, but to make my opponent discard more cards. With Chrome mox and spirit guides I figured I might aswell play the stompy Shell instead of fow/brainstorm and this is the end result.

CREATURES (4)
    4 Simian Spirit Guide
    *ENCHANTMENTS (10)
    4 Blood Moon
    4 As Foretold
    2 Stasis
    *SORCERIES (8)
    4 Ancestral Vision
    4 Restore Balance
    *PLANESWALKERS (10)
    2 Ral Zarek
    *ARTIFACTS (8)
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Chrome Mox
    *LANDS (20)
    4 Ancient Tomb
    3 Scalding Tarn
    3 Flooded Strand
    4 Volcanic Island
    6 Island
    * SIDEBOARD (15)
    4 Pyroclasm
    4 Flusterstorm
    3 Vendilion Clique
    4 Leyline of the Void

I Love it! Maybe one more stasis.. perhabs instead of the 4th chandra?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

CREATURES (4)
    4 Simian Spirit Guide
    *ENCHANTMENTS (10)
    4 Blood Moon
    4 As Foretold
    2 Stasis
    *SORCERIES (8)
    4 Ancestral Vision
    4 Restore Balance
    *PLANESWALKERS (10)
    2 Ral Zarek
    *ARTIFACTS (8)
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Chrome Mox
    *LANDS (20)
    4 Ancient Tomb
    3 Scalding Tarn
    3 Flooded Strand
    4 Volcanic Island
    6 Island
    * SIDEBOARD (15)
    4 Pyroclasm
    4 Flusterstorm
    3 Vendilion Clique
    4 Leyline of the Void

It is super crazy but an exciting one.

Since Restore Balance is completely dead without As Foretold, may be cut 1 or 2, and borrow more moon stompy cards like ensnaring bridge or fiery confluence. I'd try 4 stasis and 4 Ral in the beginning and cutting other 4 drops like JTMS/Chandra.

The problem with trying to emphasize the 'discard cards' aspect of Balance is that
    a) Your deck has Ancestral Visions in it
    b) You don't care how many cards your opponent has in hand if they are stasis locked and can't cast any of them. (Similar deal with Chalice of the Void, how many different ways do you want your opponent to be unable to cast spells).

Likewise why do you want to suggest Ensnaring Bridge when with Stasis in play none of their creatures can untap and you already have Balance to wipe them all.

With the moon list posted, with Moon in play you have 6 basic islands and 4 chrome mox as topdecks to keep stasis around for 1 extra turn and the only way to sustain it continually is Ral Zarek, which you only have 2 copies of. Then I am wondering even more questions like you have Sol Lands and Mox and SSG, why do you need As Foretold to give you mana, you are only playing 2 stasis so your things will usually untap, is it really worth it just as an Ancestral / Balance accelerator.

Turn 1s like Tomb + Mox + Foretold + Balance on turn 1 are obviously great but not consistent enough to be better than decks that just focus on turn 1 moon or turn 1 chalice imo

I think the list by beez looks decent. If Enlightened Tutor maindeck is worthwhile then maybe Sun Titan should be something like Black Vise or Assemble the Legion.

I am going to give this archetype another spin. I am honestly not sure if Stasis is the way to go but I like As Foretold and I think it pairs well with it.
    I am currently testing a burning wish package. Drawing restore balance without as foretold available is pretty bad so I figured that with burning wish I will effectivly run more copies but drawing less of them when I don't want it. It also opens up for endless possibilities to answer troublesome permanents or winning the game (?).

First draft;
    4 brainstorm
    4 ponder
    3 ancestral vision
    3 restore balance
    4 Lightning bolt
    4 counterspell/Daze (probably Daze)
    4 burning wish (too many?)
    2 stasis (too few?)
    4 as foretold
    2 jace, the mind sculptor
    2 ral zarek (too few?)
    4 force of will
    2 mountain
    4 scalding tarn
    4 blue fetches
    2 volcanic Island
    8 Island

sideboard
    wishboard
    1 fiery confluence (for annoying artifacts as well as a leovold sweeper).
    1 pyroclasm (hatebears, elves)
    1 telemin performance (win vs lands, storm and griselbrand/emrakuls)
    1 time spiral (to avoid decking mostly, untap also works "well" with stasis)
    1 Overmaster (vs countermagic)
    1 Obliterate (probably not)
    1 ruination (lands, bad manabases)
    1 ancestral vision
    1 restore balance
    1 grafdigger's Cage
    1 relic of progenitus

X red blasts/flusterstorm/surgical extraction, most likely.

So looking at this decklist it's pretty obvious I am not in a rush of winning the game. I don't Think I have the Tools to survive forever though so maybe I should focus on more lockpieces, more mana acceleration or more removal/Bounce/countermagic?

I love the archetype and I Think there's a lot of potential in here, I just have to contain myself and not put stuff like obliterate into a legacy deck.

Any input appreciated! Looking to play this on stream later tonight.

If I was going to play this deck with burning wish:

4 brainstorm
    3 ponder
    4 ancestral vision
    1 restore balance
    2 Lightning bolt
    4 Daze
    3 burning wish
    4 stasis
    4 as foretold
    2 jace, the mind sculptor
    3 ral zarek
    4 force of will
    1 Echoing Truth

1 mountain
    4 scalding tarn
    4 blue fetches
    3 volcanic Island
    9 Island

I do think you possibly want 1 Eye of Nowhere or the 1-mana version. (Although as an 'untap all your lands' option you have Time Spiral but I don't know how greedy that is). (Edit: Using a sorcery to bounce your own Stasis is obviously a dumb idea but maybe you just need the generic removal). The white confluence could be decent as well (very flexible with lifegain/enchantment removal and making 3 2/2 Vigilance knights is the best generic Sorcery win condition under stasis I think). (Alternatively you could just play e.g. Diabolic Tutor or something to find Jace out of your deck, maybe a big card draw spell is enough).

Playing ancestral in the board doesn't make much sense: If you have As Foretold in play then the next turn you have 3 counters (or more) so you could play a bigger draw spell and wishing for Ancestral without Foretold just to suspend it seems too slow.

Remember you can splash off-color cards with As Foretold: you probably arent playing Ruination without one in play so maybe this should just be actual Armageddon. I think you might want some kind of proactive disruption card (seeing as you can't wish for a counterspell) like Slaughter Games or Thoughtseize or something.

I Like the idea of Burning Wish as a RestoreBalance/X split card but I feel like it's going to just be removal such a high % of the time that might not flexible enough to be worth it

CREATURES (4)
    4 Simian Spirit Guide
    *ENCHANTMENTS (10)
    4 Blood Moon
    4 As Foretold
    2 Stasis
    *SORCERIES (8)
    4 Ancestral Vision
    4 Restore Balance
    *PLANESWALKERS (10)
    2 Ral Zarek
    *ARTIFACTS (8)
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Chrome Mox
    *LANDS (20)
    4 Ancient Tomb
    3 Scalding Tarn
    3 Flooded Strand
    4 Volcanic Island
    6 Island
    * SIDEBOARD (15)
    4 Pyroclasm
    4 Flusterstorm
    3 Vendilion Clique
    4 Leyline of the Void

I want this to be more like the bloodmoon stompy list as far as lock pieces and since we don't have trinisphere, it doesn't synergize with As Foretold well or at all. I added 4 Magus of the moons. Here is a list I would try. I feel Balance does do some things we want but it is a dead card if we cant get a Foretold, so I took it out of the deck. I also am thinking maybe a spicy transformation sideboard to show and tell with intuition as a tutor for show and tell or emerakul.

CREATURES (8)
    4 Simian Spirit Guide
    4 Magus of the Moon

*ENCHANTMENTS (11)
    4 Blood Moon
    4 As Foretold
    3 Stasis

*SORCERIES (6)
    4 Ancestral Vision
    2 Fiery Confluence

*PLANESWALKERS (6)