Page 32 of 40 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: [DTB] UWx Miracle Control

Re: [DTB] UWx Miracle Control

Quote Originally Posted by twndomn View Post
    Deluge is Not a good card for Miracles against dnt, not even close. It would cost 4 under Thalia via sorcery speed, paying life for creature removal effect is borderline useless when you could have done the same by casting K. Return without the additional cost, and being an instant to get over R. Port.

Some people like the idea of Thoughtseize in the so-called Esper Miracles, I'm not buying it.
    You did not understand me, probably.
    Compared to the UW version, having a card like deluge is an extra aspect. In the MU vs d&t it is strong because it has a different CC from terminus with regard to sanctum prelate (as well as kozilek's return, yes).
    It is obvious that deluge is less strong than kozilek's return vs d&t, but we need to make a broader comparison.
    If we consider the introduction of a new, and potentially very strong card which is the new PW, we can adapt to replace kozilek's return with deluge and pyroblast with thoughtseize, I believe. That's all. :)

May 2015
    PDX

Quote Originally Posted by Poron View Post
    I will try to play Verdict in place of Terminus...
    I would suggest dodging DnT. Not just the whole probably needing 6 mana to cast this, but needing in a mainphase vs a deck that can Wasteland both Tundras and tap down either of your basic Plains. Are you planning one having 3-4 basic Plains (and a plan to match) or is this a Back to Basics plan?

Yeah well, a board wipe that costs 1, 2, or 3 is better than one that costs 4, 5, or 6. I think not playing terminus is a crime. As a DnT player, I would love it if you all do this...please? Especially if it takes you off B2B and Kozilek's Return. Just saying.

Lately I found an old articel about a Miracle Punishing Dack deck on Wizards. What are your thoughts on this? Anyone believes it could be playable those days?
    https://magic.wizards.com/en/events/...ech-2015-04-18

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    I would suggest dodging DnT. Not just the whole probably needing 6 mana to cast this, but needing in a mainphase vs a deck that can Wasteland both Tundras and tap down either of your basic Plains. Are you planning one having 3-4 basic Plains (and a plan to match) or is this a Back to Basics plan?
    my meta has a bunch of dnt, I just threw in tsabo's web, fixed that port problem ^_^

Supreme Verdict is fantastic against TNN decks and Eldrazi. To set up a Terminus against all those Chalices and Thorns can be hard

Quote Originally Posted by hoernchen View Post
    Lately I found an old articel about a Miracle Punishing Dack deck on Wizards. What are your thoughts on this? Anyone believes it could be playable those days?
    https://magic.wizards.com/en/events/...ech-2015-04-18
    There was strong incentive to run PFire package as punishing Miracles for the following reasons:
    1. Games got grindy thanks to all the pile decks.
    2. PFire serves as extra method to get rid of DRS when StP is already heavily utilized against all the creature decks.

In this new meta, it's unclear you would need extra removal in additional to Terminus + StP. The additional benefit of PFire is that you can pressure opponent's Planeswalker easier; otherwise, you have to fish for Council's Judgement. It used to be very annoying because Czech pile likes to have planeswalker hiding behind Strix. PFire being Red and CMC 2 can also bypass Mono Red Stompy's Blood Moon effect as well as Chalice on 1.

You can make the argument that PFire makes your Mana base more fragile because you're incentivized to run Grove. However, I've done enough testing to notice that you can generate enough values (recycling of PFire) just by StP opponent's creature such that you can pick up PFire, no Grove needed.

Quote Originally Posted by xix View Post
    my meta has a bunch of dnt, I just threw in tsabo's web, fixed that port problem ^_^
    DnT attacks you from many angles. If DnT player sandbags a Recruiter, the effect of Terminus is marginalized. Other than slew of artifacts, you still have to deal with Thalia + Karakas and Brightling. To ensure that you don't die to Vial tricks, Swords and Skull, and occasionally Revoker, I would recommend Disenchant plus Shattering Pulse to cut off the artifact angle completely. Shattering Pulse can still function under Blood Moon effect from Mono Red Stompy. Buyback ensures that you'll hit every single Bridge/Chalice/3Sphere. The card can also wreck Steel stompy as long as Ravager is not on board.

A single needle can cut off any other angles like Port, Gideon activation, Mom or Brightling. I would not needle a creature in general, but sometimes you're facing lethal and needle buys you more time.

------------------

On a separate and arguably more important topic, does Miracle need B2B at this point in time? As suggested in this article,
    https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles...and-mkm-prague
    "Teferi plays very nicely with the Back to Basics in the deck, along with the diversified suite of countermagic in Counterspell, Spell Pierce and Spell Snare, which are chosen instead of more proactive cards like Counterbalance, which makes sense to synergise with Teferi’s plus ability."
    The trend is that if you're all-in on B2B, you should just commit to Teferi and forget about CB, maybe the color Red all together. These Tefer-no-CB lists are putting up results.

DnT falls under the SFM hate package: Stony Silence.

If they have to tap lands to play cards they can’t Port you. If you jam a couple of (staple) B2B it becomes simply nasty

I totally agree on the CBless version. That card does nothing 70% of the times and it starts doing something only with Jace and or Snap/Brainstorm, but at that point simply Snap a Counterspell..

It is still the old beast only against Storm, but Canonist is so much better there

I am not sold on Teferi actually.

No topdeck manipulation, only draws a card takes a lot out of him to Vindicate. His ultimate gets 5 turns to be used and you’re never playing it before turn 6-7

Azcanta is slowly disappearing and I was not sold on it either. Teferi is the next out imho.

-2 Teferi
    +1 Council’s Judgment
    +1 Jace (third)

Also totally agree on EtA cut. Impossible to be played EOT as it is supposed to be properly used
    Last edited by Poron; 07-30-2018 at 05:41 AM.

Stomping blue decks with "dead" decks, as usual.
    Sep 2010

Crazy Idea: why not include some numbers of Isochron Scepter and Orim's Chant maindeck/sideboard? It can be very janky, but Isochron is pretty good with the other cards Miracles already run, like Brainstorm, Swords to Plowshares and Counterspell. Not many decks would bring artifact hate against Miracles, so that could be a secret ninja tech. Maybe substitute the weakened Counterbalances post-ban?
    Let your Dredge 6 be: Narco, Narco, Narco, Bridge, Bridge, Dread Return

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Quote Originally Posted by Vandalize View Post
    Crazy Idea: why not include some numbers of Isochron Scepter and Orim's Chant maindeck/sideboard? It can be very janky, but Isochron is pretty good with the other cards Miracles already run, like Brainstorm, Swords to Plowshares and Counterspell. Not many decks would bring artifact hate against Miracles, so that could be a secret ninja tech. Maybe substitute the weakened Counterbalances post-ban?
    I feel like Abrupt Decay is still standard sideboard tech for a lot of decks; it'll be brought in against Miracles regardless, so this would just be serving up a 2-for-1 to them.
    Beyond that, I could see it doing some work. Maybe not Orim's Chant exactly, but just Counterspell or Ponder would be powerful.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Stomping blue decks with "dead" decks, as usual.
    Sep 2010

Quote Originally Posted by PirateKing View Post
    I feel like Abrupt Decay is still standard sideboard tech for a lot of decks; it'll be brought in against Miracles regardless, so this would just be serving up a 2-for-1 to them.
    Beyond that, I could see it doing some work. Maybe not Orim's Chant exactly, but just Counterspell or Ponder would be powerful.
    Yeah, Abrupt Decay is a problem. And Ponder can't be imprinted on Isochron Scepter, since it's a Sorcery. Still, plenty of good targets for it maindeck.

I'd test 1~2 copies of Scepter just for the lulz. Add Engineered Explosives and a singleton Academy Ruins and we have a solid package.
    Let your Dredge 6 be: Narco, Narco, Narco, Bridge, Bridge, Dread Return

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Herp Instants only; it's been a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandalize View Post
    Yeah, Abrupt Decay is a problem. And Ponder can't be imprinted on Isochron Scepter, since it's a Sorcery. Still, plenty of good targets for it maindeck.

I'd test 1~2 copies of Scepter just for the lulz. Add Engineered Explosives and a singleton Academy Ruins and we have a solid package.
    100% of Top8 decks are playing either Wasteland, Blood Moon or Back to Basics.

To play a non basic land to do something unique has become pretty dangerous.

Anyone considering to cut a stp for blessed alliance?
    With DRS gone creatures mostly worry us by attacking.

Since it doesn't target, hits TNN, slips through Mothers protection, gets grid of Goosees and Reality Smasher.

Also, as we naturally stabalize around ~1 life point XD, helps to bring back our fetch lands. Not to mention the possibility to flashback it with our favourite mage.

Oct 2015
    Seoul, KR

I wouldn't cut a Plow for it but I think it's quite a fine card. One of those MKM lists recently had 4 Plows and 2 Blessed Alliance, no?

Has someone test Gideon of the Trials? Many decks just can’t do anything to it and, many others just can’t do anything with Curator’s Ward on it

Has someone test Gideon of the Trials? Many decks just can’t do anything to it and, many others just can’t do anything with Curator’s Ward on it
    If u have a terminus and brainstorm in your hand, he's Op vs TES and ANT. Emblem GG.
    And still a decent card vs eldrazi.

Quote Originally Posted by wtgger View Post
    If u have a terminus and brainstorm in your hand, he's Op vs TES and ANT. Emblem GG.
    And still a decent card vs eldrazi.
    Eldrazi aggro i mean, not eldrazi post.

May 2015
    PDX

Card requires vs decks where you want ; the decks he's good against fold to Counterbalance....play more of those. Enchant creature card types are unplayable in legacy, with the slight exception of ones that enchant permanents you don't control; overwhelm Decay, don't play harder into it.

does anyone know if the MTGO player AnziD is on here? I saw he played a list w/ 2 brightling and 2 Snapcaster MB and wanted his take on that choice. Seems strong w/ the bounce and lifegain, but I don't think it's necessarily better than Mentor. anyone else have thoughts on that split?

Thread Information