Page 28 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: [DTB] UWx Miracle Control

May 2015
    PDX

Re: [DTB] UWx Miracle Control

Quote Originally Posted by Whitefaces View Post
    Lim Duls Vault sounds pretty horrid honestly, it's slow and card disadvantage. Falls into the too cute category for me.
    Agree with @Whitefaces on this one. Personal Tutor and not ruining a manabase sounds better, yet is still unplayable. The other [better] option would be playing UW Helm combo, maintaining solid mana, and using E. Tutor to counter spells and threaten a win next turn - this has the downside of being a generally worse deck vs the field and terrible vs miracles. Most of the things you're describing with LDV is pretty much covered by a card like Dimir Charm, if you really want to go Esper @Neo900 and @atopebenidorm.

LDV is a enlightened tutor + personal tutor at instant speed. Yes It need testing but i don't think was a horrid idea. And baleful strix could be a good answer vs eldrazi or infect instead vendilion clique.

We need check the metagame before build the deck

Temur and Sultai aggro are coming back! Nimble Moongose, long time no see you

Sleeve those Engineered Explosives..
    Last edited by Poron; 07-04-2018 at 04:16 AM.

Site Contributor
    Jun 2013
    London

Quote Originally Posted by atopebenidorm View Post
    LDV is a enlightened tutor + personal tutor at instant speed. Yes It need testing but i don't think was a horrid idea. And baleful strix could be a good answer vs eldrazi or infect instead vendilion clique.

We need check the metagame before build the deck
    I think you're severely underestimating how bad card disadvantage cards are. Look at their floors as well as the ceilings.
    Quote Originally Posted by CutthroatCasual View Post
    Storm was killed by Leovold
    Quote Originally Posted by LegacyIsAnEternalFormat View Post
    The power of blue is overrated...I personally play Jund and I consistently top 4 FNMs with it.

Hey @whitefaces do u think this qualifies as a valid list to test the new metagame

also do u have a stock list for the new meta

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/1176038#paper

Site Contributor
    Jun 2013
    London

Quote Originally Posted by Magicmarvin View Post
    Hey @whitefaces do u think this qualifies as a valid list to test the new metagame

also do u have a stock list for the new meta

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/1176038#paper
    That's actually my list from before, Anuraag was just trying it out that Challenge.

I have some ideas but need to play a bit first and see what others are playing too, but it's something close to what Angelo Cadei has been playing already.

http://www.tcdecks.net/deck.php?id=27885&iddeck=225453
    The power of blue is overrated...I personally play Jund and I consistently top 4 FNMs with it.

yes, i know that this is close to your list and that from cadei

I really like the explosives main.
    Also the mentors in the side i think are good when we dont know what well face.

Maybe switch one counterspell in the main for a fourth flusterstorm.

Site Contributor
    Jun 2013
    London

Quote Originally Posted by Magicmarvin View Post
    yes, i know that this is close to your list and that from cadei

I really like the explosives main.
    Also the mentors in the side i think are good when we dont know what well face.

Maybe switch one counterspell in the main for a fourth flusterstorm.
    Oh OK. In that case I don't have anything to share just yet, some ideas but I need to play them and see what everyone else is doing first. But it has multiple EEs and Flusters main in anticipation of Canadian and combo.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitefaces View Post
    Oh OK. In that case I don't have anything to share just yet, some ideas but I need to play them and see what everyone else is doing first. But it has multiple EEs and Flusters main in anticipation of Canadian and combo.
    i just recognized that the list from cadei and yours played by anzid is different in that it has 3 mentor instead of 2xsearch and entreat in main.

Will u drop the entreat and searches too in the new meta.

I think both are a wonderfoul way to go over the top vs control, and mentors are good in sb for first.

Azcanta in a Wasteland meta? 4 Terminus and 4 Mentors if you drop red (but I wouldn’t for now)

Site Contributor
    Jan 2010
    Ontario, Canada

can someone pm me the discord link for the miracles ? I had it but accidentally deleted it and I have a reignited desire for legacy again after the updated br list.

Site Contributor
    Jun 2013
    London

Couple new trends in the brave new meta.

1. With the rise of Wasteland decks, Search for Azcanta doesn't seem great.

2. With the number of Mongoose on the rise as well as the rising popularity of Stoneforge decks, Vendilion Clique appears to be more attractive than ever.

3. 3 CB or 2 CB? Start to see 3 CB lists again.

I agree on all

Clique
    No Azcanta (never liked it by the way)
    And the drop of green will make CB much better

I would go as cantrip-y as possible and 4 Mentor and Thing in the Ice in the SB for the DnT matchup

In the next metà of Stifle Wasteland and Taxes Jace looks way too slow. Has someone considered Sylvan Library with Counterbalance? Card advantage and free top deck manipulation

What else can green give us?

Site Contributor
    Jun 2013
    London

Quote Originally Posted by twndomn View Post
    Couple new trends in the brave new meta.

1. With the rise of Wasteland decks, Search for Azcanta doesn't seem great.

2. With the number of Mongoose on the rise as well as the rising popularity of Stoneforge decks, Vendilion Clique appears to be more attractive than ever.

3. 3 CB or 2 CB? Start to see 3 CB lists again.
    1. Agree. While Azcanta is incredible in the mirror too and I think we can expect a bunch of those, it's relegated to the SB at best.

2. Also agree, not sure about playing them MD, but assuming Strix and Kommand will dip in play it's a great card in more than just combo matchups again.

3. I think 3, it's such a house vs RUG.

Quote Originally Posted by Poron View Post
    I agree on all

Clique
    No Azcanta (never liked it by the way)
    And the drop of green will make CB much better

I would go as cantrip-y as possible and 4 Mentor and Thing in the Ice in the SB for the DnT matchup

In the next metà of Stifle Wasteland and Taxes Jace looks way too slow. Has someone considered Sylvan Library with Counterbalance? Card advantage and free top deck manipulation

What else can green give us?
    I don't think you want to move into another colour when RUG is everywhere...you can side the Jaces out, it's still the best thing to be doing vs most other matchups.

Yup Grixis is going to be everywhere and so is REB
    Jace feels obsolete even though great.

I still think 4 Mentor +4 Predict will be great in next meta of discards bolts and Stoneforge Mystic

Edit: even the mother of every tempo player is playing back 4 Daze and 3 Pierce as well as 4 Stifle.
    Jace is a out imho 4 Mentor and 4 Snapcaster all the way. Also 2xEE in the 75 for Nimble Mongoose
    Last edited by Poron; 07-08-2018 at 12:54 PM.

[DTB] UWx Miracle Control

Played some miracle in this new meta. I put together a rather proactive list: 4 mentors, 3 CB, 3 jace (but no predicts), and 2 spell pierces to instead of counterspells.
    I liked the list pretty much, with MD mentors you can close out games pretty fast and don't rely on predicts as much. I did play a EE main which was a great allround answer.
    I played against
    Canadian, felt pretty good with this proactive list
    Team america without shaman, felt good
    DnT, felt good
    Food chain, bad as usual
    Maybe 4 mentors is one too many. I think i will replace one with another EE or CJ
    Pierce was good: it won counterwars, it countered vials, hymns, food chain. It also felt good post board as many board in enchantments or planeswalkers which it hits. It also fills the gap of counterbalance, countering the big mana haymakers while Cb counters the low cmc cards. Needless to say it's pretty bad in the late game but running mentors makes you a bit faster.
    Last edited by JackaBo; 07-10-2018 at 04:40 AM.

!
    Jan 2010
    Lehigh Valley, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Poron View Post
    Yup Grixis is going to be everywhere and so is REB
    Jace feels obsolete even though great.

I still think 4 Mentor +4 Predict will be great in next meta of discards bolts and Stoneforge Mystic

Edit: even the mother of every tempo player is playing back 4 Daze and 3 Pierce as well as 4 Stifle.
    Jace is a out imho 4 Mentor and 4 Snapcaster all the way. Also 2xEE in the 75 for Nimble Mongoose
    LOL. Try playing online. I've played no less than 2 mirrors in every league I've played, and I've been doing horribly. I revisited the primer and some articles and changed the list. First mirror went great. Worked my opponent when we both had CB out, made a small Entreat that they had to overexhaust to protect their Jace. I killed it with CJ anyway, and then a few turns later I set up the second Entreat with a Terminus underneath. Won game 2 pretty handily too.

Round 2 I got stomped by UR Delver. Beat Soldier Stompy round 3, partially because he played a greedy Armageddon game 2 and locked himself out while I cantripped out of it.

Round 4 was miserable. I played the mirror and played against 3 Fluster, 2 CS, Pyroblast, Jace, Teferi in the main. Obviously I lost this match. At one point their lands were 2 Tundra, 2 Volc, 3 Islands. I felt really bad not having the Back to Basics there. Round 5 I lost to Tezzerator to bad math game 1 and 3x Chalice game 2. Should've cast Surgical on the first Chalice after I blew it up but I didn't.

Last time I played against Temur was 3 leagues ago. I played 5 leagues this week and only faced it 3 times; two of them were a league where I was paired against the same player back to back.

I also don't feel like I'm really getting ahead when I have Azcanta in the mirror. Seems like every time I stick it, my opponent just untaps and lands Jace.

Tested a proactive list featuring 4 mentors, 3 CB, 3 jace and 2 spell pierces. I like to have cards that preassures the opponent and mentors 'n balance are such cards. Not sure 3 CB nor 4 mentors is correct though as they are bad in multiples. I might switch two for back to basics and/or maindeck EE/CJ.
    Tested versus
    RUG, felt good - so much easier with mentor aka the moat
    BUG delver, felt easy too - is this even a deck now?
    Death n taxes, felt pretty good. CB was so so but pierce and mentors were strong.
    Food chain, still miserable even without shaman trix

hey all, I've been testing a UW build and have been having a few good games.

3 Snapcaster mage
    1 Vendilion Clique
    2 Jace the mind sculptor

3 Counterbalance

4 Swords to plowshares
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Ponder
    4 Force of will
    4 terminus
    2 portent
    2 predict
    2 spell pierce
    2 counterspell
    1 Council's judgement
    1 entreat the angels
    1 unexpectedly absent

4 flooded strand
    3 scalding tarn
    2 arid mesa
    6 island
    3 plains
    2 tundra

SB

1 pithing needle
    2 flusterstorm
    2 surgical extraction
    1 containment priest
    2 disenchant
    1 ethersworn canonist
    1 stony silence
    2 monastery mentor
    1 back to basics
    2 leyline of sanctity

I got a mixed game with storm and show and tell even in games 2 and 3, and can't beat goblins for the life of me. any tips?

Thread Information