Thread: [Podcast] Everyday Eternal - Episode 45 - Winning Eternal Weekend

itsJulian.com - Legacy Videos
    Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany

[Podcast] Everyday Eternal - Episode 45 - Winning Eternal Weekend

Link to Podcast Episode 45 on itsJulian.com

Bob Huang, Matt Pavlic and Julian Knab sit down with newly crowned ETERNAL WEEKEND 2017 LEGACY CHAMPION, Denmark’s Hans Jacob Goddik to discuss his and Bob’s amazing runs through the tournament, their individual deck choices (BUG & Grixis Delver) as well as the current state of Legacy. Plus: 10 cool things you can do with Siege Rhinos you probably have at home.

What is Everyday Eternal?

For those unfamiliar with Everyday Eternal, it is one of the oldest Magic podcasts focussed on competitive Legacy (and we like to claim: sometimes also Vintage.) Together with our hosts Bob Huang, Matt Pavlic, Julian Knab, and their funky guests, we’re bringing you the latest news and technology from the world of Eternal Magic. God, could our iTunes BE any more generic? Can someone please rewrite this? Bob, Matt, anyone?

Seriously though, rebooting this podcast has been something I’ve wanted to do for a long while now and I’m super happy to today present you the new and improved Everday Eternal! A big THANK YOU goes out to all the people on Patreon who earlier this year met the incentive to regroup and produce this! Your support there really does mean the world to me and I’m thankful for everything you guys & girls have done for me this year!
    iTunes, Google Play, Soundcloud & Previous Episodes

We’re working with Eternal Central, where this podcast used to be hosted, to soon reupload all the previous episodes! Some time next week, the current (old) iTunes feed for Everyday Eternal will close and I’ll reopen a new one that you can subscribe to. Same goes for Google Play and Soundcloud, where we will register this Podcast for the first time. Once everything has been set up, I’ll announce everything here. If you liked what you heard, we’d be very thankful if you could leave a review on iTunes, once we’re on it.

Feedback

It would be great to receive some feedback on this episode. This was the first time I have edited a podcast and it blew my mind how much time goes into working on it. I can tell that I’m already getting better, so I’m already looking forward to future episodes! Please do let us know what you liked and disliked about this episode, which topics you’d love us to see hear covering in future episodes, as well as what your favourite Siege Rhino combo is. You can leave your feedback in the comments or contact me via Twitter.

So long,
    Julian
    The seven cardinal sins of Legacy:
    1. Discuss the unbanning of Land Tax Earthcraft.
    2. Argue that banning Force of Will would make the format healthier.
    3. Play Brainstorm without Fetchlands.
    4. Stifle Standstill.
    5. Think that Gaea's Blessing will make you Solidarity-proof.
    6. Pass priority after playing Infernal Tutor.
    7. Fail to playtest against Nourishing Lich (coZ iT wIlL gEt U!).

Re: [Podcast] Everyday Eternal - Episode 45 - Winning Eternal Weekend

Your reaction upon finding out what he did with the prizes was so good.
    The only criticism I have is that the intro seems pointless/generic/too-long. (HJG's microphone wasn't too good but it's not really fair to judge a podcast for guest audio quality).
    The best Siege Rhino combo is always Siege Rhino + Siege Rhino, I will subscribe for future episodes.

Not a big fan of podcasts in general (I prefer written articles), but this one was worthwhile.
    Personally I would've preferred more open discussion instead of Julian being the interviewer. Especially when HJ talked about his Grixis Delver MU Bob could've chimed in (and I think he did try to once or twice :P).

Looking forward to the next episode.

Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany

Bob had big, big microphone issues, that I fortunately was able to solve in postprodction. We initially planned to have Bob a lot more involved but couldn't really because his microphone procuded a ton of static noise and random lags in his voice. I hope we'll be able to fix this in future episodes.
    4. Stifle Standstill.

I like how this had a strong focus on Legacy, and good insight on specific cards and decks and recent important trends and developments in format, and zero talk about or what people think should be banned, or what they had to eat after round 5. Good job, would listen again.

Psycho Crusher
    Jan 2010
    The 'Jing

Great episode, listened to it twice. Glad you guys are back.
    A book about the dark side of Legacy: "Magic: The Addiction" // Conversations with Magic players: "Humans of Magic"

I thought this podcast was great. I feel like HJ has a great understanding of legacy. Looking forward to next episode.

Predictor of Miracles
    Aug 2015
    Columbus, OH

Quote Originally Posted by Julian23 View Post
    Bob had big, big microphone issues, that I fortunately was able to solve in postprodction. We initially planned to have Bob a lot more involved but couldn't really because his microphone procuded a ton of static noise and random lags in his voice. I hope we'll be able to fix this in future episodes.
    Just have him use Anuraag's mic, it's much better than his own!
    Quote Originally Posted by B88 View Post

People Use Statistics as a Drunk Uses a Lamppost — For Support Rather Than Illumination

Site Contributor

Apr 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Minniehajj View Post
    This sounds another reason to #banbob.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatDeleuzeGuy View Post
    I want to play as close to possible a 100% reactive deck that also approached 0% variance in how it played. I want to play magic with as little variance as possible. Also had a foiled out miracles deck that was an investment of about 6 grand that is now nearly worthless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    My original post did that.

I'd love to have a battle of wits with you but I see you lack the necessary equipment.

Good day.

Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Minniehajj View Post
    I think it was actually a connection issue since his local recording turned out to be almost perfect.
    4. Stifle Standstill.

Thread Information