Quote Originally Posted by ESG
I don't like the basic Island in your list. Half your fetchlands can't fetch it, and you should be able to put together the combo quickly or you'll lose. I think it should be a second Underground Sea instead.
I agree, and I've changed it for a basic swamp. The logic was that after AdN making B is easy, whereas making U (for Brainstorm) is more difficult, so being able to Veteran Explorer into U could be useful. In practice it rarely comes up, and seeing Island in your opening 7 is no fun at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Final Fortune
I think a set of Chrome Mox could be called for here, Land, Mox, GSZ for Swarm on turn 1 sets up well for turn 2. I think you're wating space with the GSZ kill condition and alternate GSZ targets, your mulligans are going to be utter trash by playing with that garbage.
I have 2 Chrome Mox at the moment, and I could see pushing that up to 3. I'm not sure I would want a full set, though. You never want to see more than one in your opening hand because AdN is your only source of card advantage.

The GSZ kill condition is randomly good, and lets me keep hands that I might otherwise throw back. So far it has not been a problem with AdN, but it is worth keeping an eye on. I feel like the random Veteran Explorer is good when I draw it, but I never GSZ for it. Unlike Summoner's Pact, GSZ into Veteran Explorer is not +1 mana. As I said in the opening post, I feel like Veteran Explorer was forcing Vacrix into some difficult design space, and so far I've not felt like it was justified. A possible drop for that Chrome Mox.

Quote Originally Posted by pettdan
I see some concepts being revisited that are also discussed in this thread, that's been in the back of my mind since the last posts in 2015. I'll link it here to help you get some more ideas. Ah, just noticed that this thread is actually discussed in the opening post, didn't read up carefully yet. Well, I guess the link is still useful.

http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...lorer-Doomsday
Actually, I'd never seen that thread before; thank you for linking it. While I can just about manage to fake deck design for a card as linear as AdN, I don't delude myself that I could build a reasonable Doomsday Deck, even building on the work that Vacrix has done.

I found this comment of his particularly interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Vacrix View Post
I've also tried VANT lists that play Ad Nauseam as the business spells I've found just need too many non-land sources in a deck thats trying to abuse interacts within VE which means running basics, and then green fetches, which means Dryad Arbor, Culling the Weak and Cabal Therapy.