Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627 LastLast
Results 501 to 520 of 535

Thread: MTG Arena

  1. #501

    Re: MTG Arena

    Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    They really made a client worse than mtgo
    Did you expect anything less?

    I'm fully convinced that this is their philosophy at this point.

  2. #502

    Re: MTG Arena

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateKing View Post
    Oh man, those particle effects when you cast that planeswalker, just.. wow, I mean, what else can be said? Sublime... and when it drops to 10 fps, I can really enjoy each moment like the living painting it was designed to be!
    Well, one of the way of screwing people playing in mobile devices or in devices of low power is just to trigger the maximum number of animated crap you can, that usually clogs their device and gets the clock ticking when they should be doing something and cannot because their device is unresponsive. If you have one of those animated avatars or whatever they are called, you will sometimes see a losing opponent triggering the avatars animation for a while to try to do this.

  3. #503

    Re: MTG Arena

    Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    They really made a client worse than mtgo
    I wouldn't say that, not because of the updates. In all fairness to them, this seems to be the price to pay for using unity as a base. Hearstone, when I used to play it, also had this issue.

  4. #504

    Re: MTG Arena

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoid View Post
    5 gig has to be some real content, right? Right?
    You would guess so, yet... I think it's mostly down to all of the new store stuff:

    https://mtgarena-support.wizards.com...Notes-2021-9-0

  5. #505

    Re: MTG Arena

    Quote Originally Posted by jmlima View Post
    You would guess so, yet... I think it's mostly down to all of the new store stuff:

    https://mtgarena-support.wizards.com...Notes-2021-9-0
    I got too distracted by this more recent patch note:

    Fixed a typo in the Cascade hanger. We had "it's" instead of "its". I only hope we have the opportunity to earn back your trust.

  6. #506

    Re: MTG Arena

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post
    I got too distracted by this more recent patch note:
    MTG Arena had a recent update. We encourage users to update the app manually from their respective app store before playing. We apologize for any inconvenience.
    Real production value here.

    It's a real clown shoes development.
    They push for mobile with a game that is not made for mobile (or even digital for that matter) while clogging up the client with shit skins, animations, and what not.
    I'm convinced that there is no real plan here but buzzwords and concepts suits picked up from other successful things and the devs are force to implement all of that.
    Absolutely pathetic.

    Edit:

    This kinda fell under the table:

    Five digital-only cards are being rebalanced:

    Davriel's Withering and Davriel, Soul Broker's third ability now only affect "target creature an opponent controls."
    Faceless Agent is now 2/2 (from 2/1).
    Sarkhan, Wanderer to Shiv's second ability is now +1 (from +0).
    Subversive Acolyte now costs 1B (from BB), is 2/3 (from 2/2), and had the toughness increases from becoming Human or Phyrexian reduced by 1.
    Last edited by Zoid; 10-15-2021 at 10:15 PM.

  7. #507
    Hamburglar Hlelpler
    TsumiBand's Avatar
    Join Date

    Aug 2005
    Location

    Nebraska
    Posts

    2,672

    Re: MTG Arena

    Yeah I knew they'd fuck around with nerfing/buffing digital-only cards. Idk if Magic players have as much tolerance for it as other gamers, we've endured some of this schlock before and I guess in a way we still have to deal with functional errata with stuff like Waylay but like, changing mana costs and actually rewriting effects that weren't misprints aren't the usual Magic errata. I'm curious how it'll land with other players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Creature type - 'Fuck you mooooooom'
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    EDIT: Tsumi, you are silly.

  8. #508

    Re: MTG Arena

    Probably could care less, given other games do that stuff all the time.

  9. #509

    Re: MTG Arena

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post
    Probably could care less, given other games do that stuff all the time.
    Only (sort of) complaint I've seen was someone wanting wildcards because of the changes.

  10. #510
    Hamburglar Hlelpler
    TsumiBand's Avatar
    Join Date

    Aug 2005
    Location

    Nebraska
    Posts

    2,672

    Re: MTG Arena

    Quote Originally Posted by jmlima View Post
    Only (sort of) complaint I've seen was someone wanting wildcards because of the changes.
    See, this seems valid to me as they're so fundamentally different from other cards in the game, and this is why there's going to be problems.

    All other cards are essentially guaranteed to read as-is because of their physical counterparts, so they're either legal for play or they aren't. Digital-only cards, not having that restriction but still being compared to the rest of the Magic cards in the same game, are under a Ship of Theseus scrutiny whenever they get rebalanced. How much of a card you can change before it's "functionally banned" is a debate that Arena could have entirely avoided, but now it gets to fuck with on the regular, but only with a particular subset of cards, precisely because it decided to try and do this Hearthstone shit. lol?

    Like for my part it means that I just don't even fuck with those cards, they don't go in my Historic Brawl decks and I just won't play them. I'm not keen on having tech in my deck that's subject to continual "refinement", it's hella frustrating and it's one of the things that led me to uninstall Hearthstone. On a long enough time line it just turns into a de facto ban list as things get nuked from orbit into less and less playable states.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Creature type - 'Fuck you mooooooom'
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    EDIT: Tsumi, you are silly.

  11. #511

    Re: MTG Arena

    Quote Originally Posted by jmlima View Post
    Only (sort of) complaint I've seen was someone wanting wildcards because of the changes.
    There are a million times more valid reasons to demand more wild cards for other things like:

    Treating the same card as multiple cards in your collection because it's a different set/picture and opening more than 4.
    Not being able to up or downgrade wildcards while you need at least 40 rares these days to build any 75 playable pile.
    .....

  12. #512
    Hamburglar Hlelpler
    TsumiBand's Avatar
    Join Date

    Aug 2005
    Location

    Nebraska
    Posts

    2,672

    Re: MTG Arena

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoid View Post
    There are a million times more valid reasons to demand more wild cards for other things like:

    Treating the same card as multiple cards in your collection because it's a different set/picture and opening more than 4.
    Not being able to up or downgrade wildcards while you need at least 40 rares these days to build any 75 playable pile.
    .....
    These are all true too, I really wish there were more ways of acquiring wildcards/being able to convert cards to wildcards. Like if you're gonna be that little kid that goes "nah blue is cheating" yet you always manage to get blue mythics you ought be able to dust them for rare wildcards or some junk idk
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Creature type - 'Fuck you mooooooom'
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    EDIT: Tsumi, you are silly.

  13. #513

    Re: MTG Arena

    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    These are all true too, I really wish there were more ways of acquiring wildcards/being able to convert cards to wildcards. Like if you're gonna be that little kid that goes "nah blue is cheating" yet you always manage to get blue mythics you ought be able to dust them for rare wildcards or some junk idk
    But you can just buy more packs :)

    There's also "the vault" which is also a huge scam.

    Realistically, if it were any other game without the brand, arena would be dead.
    The know people are hopelessly addicted to the game and abuse that.
    Since there's enough idiots who buy every garbage they shelve out, it doesn't matter if they push a few ones away if they make it up in revenue.
    Prepare to be even more robbed in the future.

  14. #514

    Re: MTG Arena

    Is it bad that this is the first thing I thought of with this discussion? (For those unfamiliar, it's an extremely rare EU4 event that basically mocks the people who want all the DLC content for free... and EU4 has a lot of DLC.)

  15. #515
    Hamburglar Hlelpler
    TsumiBand's Avatar
    Join Date

    Aug 2005
    Location

    Nebraska
    Posts

    2,672

    Re: MTG Arena

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoid View Post
    But you can just buy more packs :)

    There's also "the vault" which is also a huge scam.

    Realistically, if it were any other game without the brand, arena would be dead.
    The know people are hopelessly addicted to the game and abuse that.
    Since there's enough idiots who buy every garbage they shelve out, it doesn't matter if they push a few ones away if they make it up in revenue.
    Prepare to be even more robbed in the future.
    Fortunately I've been steeped in f2p gaming and budget Legacy for long enough that I can set goals for building dumb Eternal/Historic decks that won't be subject to the fickle nature of Standard - and accepting that my W/L ratio will just be what it is- but yeah anybody that gives a shit about the Standard meta is asking for trouble.

    It's still total stupidity that wildcards are supposed to be a catch-all stand-in both for dusting and the social aspect of trading, when in reality Arena has neither.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Creature type - 'Fuck you mooooooom'
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    EDIT: Tsumi, you are silly.

  16. #516

    Re: MTG Arena

    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    ...
    It's still total stupidity that wildcards are supposed to be a catch-all stand-in both for dusting and the social aspect of trading, when in reality Arena has neither.
    For ex, I have around 500 common / uncommon wildcards, why can't I convert them to other rarity or do anything useful with them?

  17. #517

    Re: MTG Arena

    Quote Originally Posted by jmlima View Post
    For ex, I have around 500 common / uncommon wildcards, why can't I convert them to other rarity or do anything useful with them?
    You can craft all commons and UCs of the most recent set to speed up your vault progress ;)

    But yeah it sucks major ass.
    I have had more mythic wildcards than rare ones for the longest time.

  18. #518

    Re: MTG Arena

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoid View Post
    You can craft all commons and UCs of the most recent set to speed up your vault progress ;)

    But yeah it sucks major ass.
    I have had more mythic wildcards than rare ones for the longest time.
    Same, lands are rare and most util creatures are rare so I craft maybe five mythics for a deck but every list I see has 20-30 rares

  19. #519

    Re: MTG Arena

    Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Same, lands are rare and most util creatures are rare so I craft maybe five mythics for a deck but every list I see has 20-30 rares
    That has been their sales policy for a long time now but arena really shows it.
    If cards in paper are still cheap then you don't really care but in arena everything is essentially worth the same.
    Playable commons and ucs seem more like an afterthought for limited or an accident then deliberate.
    That's also why I stopped playing standard - it being terrible doesn't help - a stick to singleton and 1-2 historic decks.
    Considering how rainbow certain decks are, 100 card singleton costs you on average less rares than some of the 75 in historic.

  20. #520

    Re: MTG Arena

    Uncommons and commons being mostly focused for limited purposes is deliberate.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)