Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324

Thread: MTG Arena

Re: MTG Arena

Because it's the computer doing it and not a person there's no need to reveal.

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

As long as the effects are reasonable then I don't care if they need a computer to be executed or not. If it strays into the realm of effects like "bad Hearthstone RNG" where early game rng dictates the next several turns of board state then there is a real problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Creature type - 'Fuck you mooooooom'
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    EDIT: Tsumi, you are silly.

Aug 2015
    The woods again

Y'know, if you want to put mechanics into a physical AND digital game (mechanics that won't work in one of those versions), you can always design a new game.
    All Spells Primer under construction: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e...Tl7utWpLo0/pub
    PM me if you want to contribute!
    Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Quick question, are you also still waiting for the great pumpkin it did you finally pick it in once December hit?
    Quote Originally Posted by non-inflammable View Post
    If you diversified your cantrips, a chalice wouldn't be a liability.
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I am tired of malicious top 8s and it is time to put an end to the practice.

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Deuce View Post
    Y'know, if you want to put mechanics into a physical AND digital game (mechanics that won't work in one of those versions), you can always design a new game.
    Meh, formats are an okay delimiter for these cards.

Historic was always intended to be Arena's clown fiesta format, as long as you can only play these cards in "non-serious" formats then it's not a big deal I don't think.

Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    As long as the effects are reasonable then I don't care if they need a computer to be executed or not. If it strays into the realm of effects like "bad Hearthstone RNG" where early game rng dictates the next several turns of board state then there is a real problem.
    That's literally what Davriel's -2 ability is.

This feels like another cash grab at the expense of the game. I had hoped that Arena and paper would move towards unification as "remastered" sets are introduced. Jumpstart: Historic Horizons is a fork in that road so, short of banning the digital mechanic cards, that'll never happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Full-House View Post
    MTG is a game 13+ (btw in cinematograph rating PG-13 allows nudity), while forum is open to anyone, and children under this age can see your picture and wonder how tezzeret is assosiated with anus and what is sexual t-rex means. Who knows where this path would take them? Are you responsible for their actions under the impression of your profile? I think no. You should be assamed.

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

Quote Originally Posted by morgan_coke View Post
    That's literally what Davriel's -2 ability is.
    There is *some* randomness possible with his second ability but that is not what I am talking about. I really mean a very specific kind of RNG that a lot of HS players really despise and have been pretty vocal about.

It doesn't work the same way in Magic really, because the blocker generally has control over what blocks where, so it's hard to do a strict 1-to-1 comparison. The classic examples are things like early Knife Juggler or Flame Juggler using its ability to decide the board state. Since attackers choose blockers in Hearthstone, a well-placed Knife from either of those minions put the other player on the back foot for most of the early game because it means that you're either 2-for-1ing them early or trading in where you "shouldn't".

Davriel doesn't do this at all, it's a turn 4 play that has all of two random effects to choose from - return two random creatures from grave to hand and perpetually buff them, OR return a random creature with the highest CMC from your grave to the field. It has the word "random" in it but it isn't the kind of bad RNG I was referring to.
    Last edited by TsumiBand; Yesterday at 04:37 PM. Reason: Phone autocorrected Davriel to Dairies lulz

Thread Information