Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: MTG Arena General Discussion

Re: MTG Arena

Little "exploit" I found for free wins:

Play something obviously counter heavy in Historic Brawl.

After being tired of losing to Golos all the time, I switched to Mono counters Baral.
    Since the share of Golos has only increased, this was very good.
    It appears, a lot of people who play Historic Brawl are: a) bad and b) only want to masturbate using their commander.
    Most Golos players instantly concede before keeping a hand.
    Generally, a lot of players concede after enough spells have been countered to run out their patience.
    I had people concede who were ahead on the board while I was hellbent after using my last counter.
    Almost every other deck I encountered was Winota and 5feri which are both winable.

historic brawl has turned to shit remarkably fast, every time i que up with some fun commander casual thematic thing i just run into nothing but esika/golos idiots who win through sheer power differential. Would love to see those, teferi, the enchantress guy, and baral banned.
    make it casual-ish again

Quote Originally Posted by morgan_coke View Post
    historic brawl has turned to shit remarkably fast, every time i que up with some fun commander casual thematic thing i just run into nothing but esika/golos idiots who win through sheer power differential. Would love to see those, teferi, the enchantress guy, and baral banned.
    make it casual-ish again
    Would be totally on board if Winota and Kinnan go to.

However, they didn't even ban Kennrith in regular Brawl until he rotated so my hopes are slim.
    Even regular commander managed to ban Golos and is considering banning Kennrith.
    Considering that Arena is tailored to casuals, it's amazing that they don't care about the casual formats at all.
    Then again, it's WotC so eh.

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

Golos is dumb as fuck, I can't believe it didn't get banned in Brawl.

I have no idea what is going on with Brawl but the last time I queued up people just conceded after 4-6 turns if it wasn't a blowout.

I'm a little kid so I'm playing Trelasarra right now, I've no idea if there's a broken version of the deck that people assume I'm playing so they concede or what, but people act like if the game hasn't been won on-board by turn 7 then it's best to flip the table. I guess I'm okay with that but I kinda prefer playing games out v0v
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Creature type - 'Fuck you mooooooom'
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    EDIT: Tsumi, you are silly.

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

Can I double-post to bitch about Tergrid? Cool, Tergrid sucks.

Had a match where half my deck was in my hand and I timed out while trying to scroll thru my 40ish card hand looking for an answer to the board state. I don't even know if I had one, if it was a real game of Magic I would have been able to evaluate the spell-to-shake ratio and try to get rid of Tergrid before her ability triggered off my discard. It's stupid that the UI can't handle a 40-card hand, I will never know if I needed to lose that game or not.

Like it's one thing if someone puts their own deck in their hand and had to suffer the trash UI to pull off a combo, but to get fucked over by it feels really bad. I'm actually not sure if this is a "fuck Tergrid" or "fuck the UI" post. Both I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    Can I double-post to bitch about Tergrid? Cool, Tergrid sucks.

Had a match where half my deck was in my hand and I timed out while trying to scroll thru my 40ish card hand looking for an answer to the board state. I don't even know if I had one, if it was a real game of Magic I would have been able to evaluate the spell-to-shake ratio and try to get rid of Tergrid before her ability triggered off my discard. It's stupid that the UI can't handle a 40-card hand, I will never know if I needed to lose that game or not.

Like it's one thing if someone puts their own deck in their hand and had to suffer the trash UI to pull off a combo, but to get fucked over by it feels really bad. I'm actually not sure if this is a "fuck Tergrid" or "fuck the UI" post. Both I guess.
    The interface sucks major ass.
    Somehow they manage to make it even worse as time goes by.
    Like how half of the tabs on the top left were disabled when you were in certain parts of the interface.
    As you said, having lots of cards in hand/castable is a nightmare.
    After 3 years they still haven't managed to make time limits for actions dynamic.
    I remember in the beginning where you could time out while the game was resolving your triggers.
    Quality programming.

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

Quote Originally Posted by Zoid View Post
    The interface sucks major ass.
    Somehow they manage to make it even worse as time goes by.
    Like how half of the tabs on the top left were disabled when you were in certain parts of the interface.
    As you said, having lots of cards in hand/castable is a nightmare.
    After 3 years they still haven't managed to make time limits for actions dynamic.
    I remember in the beginning where you could time out while the game was resolving your triggers.
    Quality programming.
    I don't usually care tbh. It borrows a lot from Hearthstone, which is probably smart because IMHO I always liked how that game played. I don't even switch to Full Control mode, I don't care, most of the time I have no complaints about the interface.

A distant second complaint to my 40+ card hand issue might be that X spells/effects feel weird to get right. I had to cancel out the first couple of times I did an X spell, like I didn't believe I was casting it right or something. I think I also have doubts about exactly how to divide attackers between players and planeswalkers, like I think I've done it right and then the game is like "you must pick a thing to attack, fucko"

Any issues I have with the UI are pretty small next to losing because I literally can't sort the cards in my hand though

Make Wombat Great Again
    Mar 2010
    FEMA Region X

How is Tibalt's Trickery still legal in Historic? This deck is so f'n mindless and I'm getting sick of playing against this 75% of the time.
    Sorry, let me ask a better question; what kind of retard plays Tibalt's Trickery?
    Listen up shitizens! http://www.noagendashow.com/
    Be a part of the magic! OBDM https://ourbigdumbmouth.com/

Quote Originally Posted by the Thin White Duke View Post
    How is Tibalt's Trickery still legal in Historic? This deck is so f'n mindless and I'm getting sick of playing against this 75% of the time.
    Sorry, let me ask a better question; what kind of retard plays Tibalt's Trickery?
    Half the decks in historic are mindless combo decks.
    Since Historic isn't currently relevant for the "pro" circuit, WotC couldn't care less.
    In classic WotC-style they have created a new cash cow just to mismanage or not-manage it to death.
    Just like other online only formats like the Brawl formats or Pauper.

It's just great, you don't play for 2 weeks then you open it up and:

new 52mb update, closes.
    re-start, new 180mb update, closes.
    re-open, new 1.4gb update, closes.
    re-open, finally good to go.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by jmlima View Post

new 52mb update, closes.
    I'd don't even want to think of how long it would take for me, I haven't opened Arena since the start of the year. I've gone in on board games this year, so I really don't spend any time on a computer at home.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

new 52mb update, closes.
    Same, lol. I picked it back up last week because I had an itch and after like two gigs of updates it turned out the deck I wanted to play needed like 8 more wildcards than I had and your can't turn mythic wc into rare so I ended up just grinding the dailies and logging off

new 52mb update, closes.
    It's pretty sad that a 1.4 GB update seems normal nowadays, but that's the world we're in right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post
    It's pretty sad that a 1.4 GB update seems normal nowadays, but that's the world we're in right now.
    Today's update: 4.94gb.

Today's update: 4.94gb.
    Low price for the banning of BS and Tibalt's Bullshit in Historic.

Also we really need the shitty hats and animations in the game otherwise it would be unplayable.

4 fucking gigs? I hope it remembers to delete itself when it's done. Sheesh..

Low price for the banning of BS and Tibalt's Bullshit in Historic.

Also we really need the shitty hats and animations in the game otherwise it would be unplayable.
    Also we have to make it look like we're working really hard, and we know that everyone just wants to see bigger numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post
    Also we have to make it look like we're working really hard, and we know that everyone just wants to see bigger numbers.
    5 gig has to be some real content, right? Right?

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

5 gig has to be some real content, right? Right?
    Oh man, those particle effects when you cast that planeswalker, just.. wow, I mean, what else can be said? Sublime... and when it drops to 10 fps, I can really enjoy each moment like the living painting it was designed to be!
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

They really made a client worse than mtgo

Thread Information