Page 51 of 55 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152535455 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1098

Thread: [Deck] Strawberry Shortcake

Bob Ross
    Jun 2012
    Baltimore

Re: [Deck] Strawberry Shortcake

3/31 Challenge Replay with Commentary.

Lots of punts in the ANT matchup on both sides, definitely should have won game 3 but oh well.

Round 8 had some crazy spots that we spent a lot of time talking about.

24/159 to finish it with a 5-3, losing three straight win and ins

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/579514501
    Strawberry Shortcake

http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...erry-Shortcake

What a brainstorm do? Draw card and activate on draw effects fix hand, removing woods
    #FreeNedleeds

I want to try this decklist after the Lurrus ban. It's Painter with Jegantha as a companion, that's a "free" companion because doesn't changes nothing to the original decklist. Reaper King is in the sideboard in order to get rid of lock pieces and have another big creature if I want an "aggro" plan. I know that someone preferes Golos, Tireless Pilgrim but it's too mana intensive even with Jegantha in play and it doesn't help so much against lock pieces or big creatures. Casting 3 cards without knowing what we will get doesn't seem good for 7 mana. Reaper King is "free" with Jegantha in play, and you can use the mana left to play a 2/4 Painter, even after searching it with Recruiter in the same turn. You can also use Welder to destroy permanents each turn with Reaper King in play. You can also cast it if you have enough mana. Those are late game situation if you suffer a "soft lock" or a "stalemate" circumstance, and adds more flexibility to the deck, in order to adapt better.
    4x Lightning Bolt in the maindeck because they fit better with the Jegantha "aggro" plan and they are great against powerful cards like Dreadhorde Arcanist that sees play in some delver decks.
    Total count of lands: 20.

4 Ancient Tomb
    1 Arid Mesa
    1 Bloodstained Mire
    3 City of Traitors
    2 Great Furnace
    4 Mountain
    2 Plateau
    1 Scalding Tarn
    2 Wooded Foothills
    1 Ethersworn Canonist
    3 Goblin Engineer
    3 Goblin Welder
    4 Imperial Recruiter
    3 Painter's Servant
    1 Simian Spirit Guide
    3 Enlightened Tutor
    4 Lightning Bolt
    4 Pyroblast
    1 Red Elemental Blast
    1 Blood Moon
    1 Ensnaring Bridge
    3 Grindstone
    4 Karn, the Great Creator
    1 Lion's Eye Diamond
    3 Lotus Petal

Sideboard:
    1 Deafening Silence
    1 Ensnaring Bridge
    1 Ethersworn Canonist
    1 Soul-Guide Lantern
    1 Grindstone
    1 Jegantha, the Wellspring
    1 Mycosynth Lattice
    1 Painter's Servant
    1 Pithing Needle
    1 Reaper King
    1 Red Elemental Blast
    2 Surgical Extraction
    1 Tormod's Crypt
    1 Walking Ballista

Edit: Soul-Guide Lantern takes the place of Faerie Macabre, in order to have Jegantha as a companion in every game.
    Last edited by Alex_UNLIMITED; 06-10-2020 at 07:01 AM.

Damn I have a ton to catch up on haha
    Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    UR Delver man forcing you to play it out then asking for the ID after he got his dick smashed seems scummy.

Quote Originally Posted by jake556 View Post
    Damn I have a ton to catch up on haha
    We all do, Jake

Oct 2017
    Oita, Japan

Hey so I know this is a dedicated thread for the shortcake variation, but I figured it's also the most active of the painter threads. I'm thinking of picking up some badlands for one of my decks and I've always wanted to build painter. Been following all the threads and watching content for a long time now. How do you guys feel about the red black variant with Daretti? Not having access to canonist would be kind of a shame, but daretti is pretty sweet in his own way.

Thoughts?

Rb daretti is good. Very good in control games, just for grinding.
    I’m not sure this place is nearly as active as it once was though; if you’re not on the discord, my suggestion is to go on there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Legacy decks: mono U painter, strawberry shortcake, imperial painter, solidarity, burn
    EDH decks: zedruu voltron, rakdos the defiler, persistent petitioners, blind seer

Bob Ross
    Jun 2012
    Baltimore

Yea so lots has happened. Pretty much haven’t bothered playing or posting much in the companion breach wrenn bs metagame not even counting our new three

Either way we’re back at the top where we never really left but I plan on doing a bunch of updating in the coming weeks trying to revamp the primer and also get out a longer ‘report’ I’ve said I would get to of basically historical painter matchup data I’ve been keeping in excel since 2012, getting close to 2500 matches now
    Strawberry Shortcake

What a brainstorm do? Draw card and activate on draw effects fix hand, removing woods
    #FreeNedleeds

May 2016
    Seattle, WA

Quote Originally Posted by Kap'n Cook View Post
    Yea so lots has happened. Pretty much haven’t bothered playing or posting much in the companion breach wrenn bs metagame not even counting our new three

Either way we’re back at the top where we never really left but I plan on doing a bunch of updating in the coming weeks trying to revamp the primer and also get out a longer ‘report’ I’ve said I would get to of basically historical painter matchup data I’ve been keeping in excel since 2012, getting close to 2500 matches now
    stoked, can't wait to check it out bob!

Bob Ross
    Jun 2012
    Baltimore

8-1 Saturday challenge for 3rd

10-1 Sunday showcase challenge for 3rd

Report to come :)
    Strawberry Shortcake

#FreeNedleeds

8-1 Saturday challenge for 3rd

10-1 Sunday showcase challenge for 3rd

Report to come :)
    Anxiously waiting for it!

Bob Ross
    Jun 2012
    Baltimore

Strawberry Shortcake

#FreeNedleeds

I asked on Return of the Weldi, but it's probably better to ask here: Is it not worth the space in a Karn deck to run a Mycosynth Lattice in the board? I understand it turns everything colorless so maybe I'm way off base here, but if it's a timestamp issue, I thought maybe it would be worth it. I'm not arguing for it, I am just curious about why or why not.

Edit: completed the question.
    Last edited by Secretly.A.Bee; 04-03-2021 at 04:14 PM.

Bob Ross
    Jun 2012
    Baltimore

Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    I asked on Return of the Weldi, but it's probably better to ask here: Is it not worth the space in a Karn deck to run a Mycosynth Lattice in the board? I understand it turns everything colorless so maybe I'm way off base here, but if it's a timestamp issue, I thought maybe it would be worth it. I'm not arguing for it, I am just curious about why or why not.

Edit: completed the question.

yo saw this too, will paste the reply from the report below. but adding to the color stuff, yea lattice coming will turn off any existing painters and make everything mono brown. also makes red blasts completely dead cards. new painters will overwrite everything into only the new named color, so pure blue tarmogoyfs (that's my current understanding of the rules so could be wrong but hopefully not)

It's an interesting Flex spot for the board and a lot of people run it. The secondary related card others run too is Liquimetal Coating.

I was running a Lattice for a while when Karn first came out, but after seeing how a lot of games played out, I decided to lean less on Karn and take out the specific cards related to him. We don't really have the explosiveness of decks like Bomberman or Urza Echo with the set of LEDs to really go turbo lattice, so a lot of times I'd play Karn into a board where he likely wouldn't live, and when that's the likely case having a wincon that depends on him living felt like a wasted slot. Lattice lock is probably best against control decks and stuff like lands, which should normally be good matchups. I also have been building more towards overall utility rather so I could fit in things like more surgicals, but that's just me right now and having a Karn specific card is always appealing
    Strawberry Shortcake

#FreeNedleeds

yo saw this too, will paste the reply from the report below. but adding to the color stuff, yea lattice coming will turn off any existing painters and make everything mono brown. also makes red blasts completely dead cards. new painters will overwrite everything into only the new named color, so pure blue tarmogoyfs (that's my current understanding of the rules so could be wrong but hopefully not)

It's an interesting Flex spot for the board and a lot of people run it. The secondary related card others run too is Liquimetal Coating.

I was running a Lattice for a while when Karn first came out, but after seeing how a lot of games played out, I decided to lean less on Karn and take out the specific cards related to him. We don't really have the explosiveness of decks like Bomberman or Urza Echo with the set of LEDs to really go turbo lattice, so a lot of times I'd play Karn into a board where he likely wouldn't live, and when that's the likely case having a wincon that depends on him living felt like a wasted slot. Lattice lock is probably best against control decks and stuff like lands, which should normally be good matchups. I also have been building more towards overall utility rather so I could fit in things like more surgicals, but that's just me right now and having a Karn specific card is always appealing
    Thanks for the explanation. I'm just looking for a spot to play my JPN signed Lattice and was hoping it was here. Alas; my search continues.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Bob Ross
    Jun 2012
    Baltimore

Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    Thanks for the explanation. I'm just looking for a spot to play my JPN signed Lattice and was hoping it was here. Alas; my search continues.

Don’t get me wrong, Lattice is an extremely powerful angle to have access to in the deck and not having it does force you to play differently. it’s definitely within the 76th-80th card for my board, and at the end of the day painter is always a good home for random pimp tutor targets.
    Strawberry Shortcake

#FreeNedleeds

Don’t get me wrong, Lattice is an extremely powerful angle to have access to in the deck and not having it does force you to play differently. it’s definitely within the 76th-80th card for my board, and at the end of the day painter is always a good home for random pimp tutor targets.
    Okay cool. I'm just a few cheap-ish (bridges and like two other cards) away from playing this deck,so say it was #76 and you wanted to test it out again. Which sb card would you cut for it?

He mentioned on his report that the two flex tutor slots are Needle and Explosives, so probably start with there.

I play mono red, so my Karn package always includes:
    1 Ensnaring Bridge
    1 Grindstone
    1 Lion's Eye Diamond
    1 Liquimetal Coating
    1 Mycosynth Lattice
    1 Tormod's Crypt
    Liquimetal Coating plays well with the 5 Moon strategy in mono-red by blowing up all the basics and locking people out of the game.
    LED -> Mycosynth Lattice also comes up a lot, especially after the opponent spent resources fighting over Blood Moon and Painter/Grindstone combo.
    Sometimes, you can just get people by casting Karn -> tutor Lattice -> loot w/ Copter OR discard w/ Jaya -> weld Lattice.
    Shortcake does not put as much emphasis on the mana denial strategy, so Liquimetal Coating may not be as vital.

Almost done. I'm not going to bend over backwards making it 100% JPN because I already had the LED's and cities before the jump, but happily my Plateaus are German FWB. Anyway, I'm waiting on some JPN signed A25 Bridges, looking for the missing pieces in JPN. Can't wait to give it a go.

Aug 2010
    Wichita Falls, Tx

Anyone else find the Esper Vial matchup to be very challenging? It may be I'm rusty with the deck but it did make me miss Martyr of Ashes.
    Current Decks with List:
    http://magic.tcgplayer.com/db/deck_s...sult.asp?MDA=1
    My Dream: The Dojo Comics and Games
    http://www.gofundme.com/g754rg

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Has anybody tested Angel of the Ruins yet?

Thread Information