Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Stifle Vise

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Re: Stifle Vise

Tinkering around with something here again, now that I have the set of Forces. I think I will try and do a landstill type of deck with artifact lands and Ghirapur Aether Grid as my grinding plan. I don't think Vise fits this strategy, but I think Grid + artifact lands + spellbombs + Academy Ruins will be deliciously frustrating for my opponents. Honestly, recurring spellbombs and using Grid for direct damage should turn the corner pretty quickly.

4x Pyrite Spellbomb
    4x Aether Spellbomb
    1x Retrofitter's Foundry
    1x Engineered Explosives
    1x Pithing Needle
    1x Tormod's Crypt
    3x Artificer's Intuition
    3x Ghirapur Aether Grid
    1x Crucible of Worlds
    4x Standstill
    4x Force of Will
    4x Brainstorm
    2x Spell Pierce
    2x Shrapnel Blast
    2x Jace, the Mind Sculptor

3x Scalding Tarn
    2x Steam Vents
    3x Island
    1x Mountain
    4x Seat of the Synod
    2x Great Furnace
    3x Wasteland
    3x mishra's factory
    2x academy ruins
    Last edited by Mr. Safety; 03-30-2019 at 07:10 PM.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Is academy ruins in the deck? I was about to post that there was a land that brought artifacts back, then saw you talked about it in the comment but didnt have it in the list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    Look at the bright side, if Legacy becomes like Vintage all of us old dudes can get together, drink whiskey, and smoke cigars while we play the gentleman's format. Like an MtG speak-easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    And the Reserved List causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their portfolios: and that no man might buy or sell cards or Chinese rip offs, save he made a post about the Reserved List or the number of its Threads: 666.

Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

I forgot to add it. Its there x2 now.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Force of Will is my bitch
    Sep 2004
    South Florida

Winter Orb

Maybe its too cute.
    "Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
    "Politicians are like diapers. They should be changed often and for the same reason."
    "Governing is too important to be left to people as silly as politicians."
    "Politicians were mostly people who'd had too little morals and ethics to stay lawyers."

Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Its been in and out of the list. The breaking point on Force is really close, the 3 slots i've used on orb push it out. Not sure how to solve the problem.
    Brainstorm Realist

Thought on the new Ashiook? If you are having trouble finding room for Force, probably harder to find room for this but figured it would be on your radar for this deck.

Doesn't leave them down a land by surprise, but can buy you time in the process after the first one or two gets them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    Look at the bright side, if Legacy becomes like Vintage all of us old dudes can get together, drink whiskey, and smoke cigars while we play the gentleman's format. Like an MtG speak-easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    And the Reserved List causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their portfolios: and that no man might buy or sell cards or Chinese rip offs, save he made a post about the Reserved List or the number of its Threads: 666.

Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

It's an idea, for sure. The new (edit: not Narset) Saheeli looks pretty enticing as well. All the spellbombs trigger for tokens and copying the tokens into more spellbombs seems very fun.

EDIT: Might port this over to Modern; no Vises, but I still get Jace, Spellbombs, Saheeli, Ruins. Swap Standstill for Thirst for Knowledge.
    Last edited by Mr. Safety; 04-24-2019 at 09:26 AM.
    Brainstorm Realist

Thread Information