Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 63

Thread: Mausoleum Secrets / Oath of Ghouls Midrange

  1. #41

    Re: Mausoleum Secrets / Oath of Ghouls Midrange

    Great brews, but just for my own understanding. Does this deck work without Oath?

  2. #42
    bruizar
    Guest

    Re: Mausoleum Secrets / Oath of Ghouls Midrange

    I'm a big proponent of white because of Kaya, Swords to Plowshares and Remorseful Cleric. Kaya is a lot better than it looks and you can one shot opponents easily with it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Miagi View Post
    Great brews, but just for my own understanding. Does this deck work without Oath?
    Depends on the matchup but graveyard hate is very strong since the most broken "fair" creatures almost all rely on the graveyard (delve, pteramander, snapcaster), and then there's delver which can easily be blocked by Remorseful Cleric. Once you do find (street wraith/Mausoleum Secrets) and resolve (discard) an Oath, it's trivial to establish a lock.

  3. #43

    Re: Mausoleum Secrets / Oath of Ghouls Midrange

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Miagi View Post
    Great brews, but just for my own understanding. Does this deck work without Oath?
    Well...you won't be able to combo out without it right?

    @pow22: The casual legacy deck thread might be more appropriate? Link: http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/f...d-Budget-Forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laser Brains View Post
    With the printing of Gigantosaurus, Thrashing Brontodon and Steel Leaf Champion the deck has evolved from good to very competitive. Anyway, give it a few play tests if you are interested and let me know what you think.

    Winter Maze
    Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    With veteran explorer I know that I 100% will not enjoy a 30 minute grindfest against someone who can barely afford dual lands and believes that their deck can cast a 10 mana 8/8.

  4. #44
    Site Contributor
    ScatmanX's Avatar
    Join Date

    Aug 2008
    Posts

    762

    Re: Mausoleum Secrets / Oath of Ghouls Midrange

    Quote Originally Posted by kinda View Post

    @pow22: The casual legacy deck thread might be more appropriate? Link: http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/f...d-Budget-Forum.
    Has to log in after a few years of inactivity just to laugh at this.
    Thanks Patrick =)
    Super Bizarros Team. Beating everything with small green dudes and big waves.

  5. #45

    Re: Mausoleum Secrets / Oath of Ghouls Midrange

    Quote Originally Posted by kinda View Post
    @pow22: The casual legacy deck thread might be more appropriate? Link: http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/f...d-Budget-Forum.
    Savage :).

    I'll have you know I'm undefeated in the Tourney Practice room online with that brew. (Sample size n=1. Plaguecrafter turns out to be good against Show and Tell => Emrakul.)

  6. #46

    Re: Mausoleum Secrets / Oath of Ghouls Midrange

    Quote Originally Posted by pow22 View Post
    Savage :).

    I'll have you know I'm undefeated in the Tourney Practice room online with that brew. (Sample size n=1. Plaguecrafter turns out to be good against Show and Tell => Emrakul.)
    I couldn't resist .

    Plaguecrafter seems strong a lot of the time. I ordered them today...not sure if I'll get them Tuesday but hope so!
    Quote Originally Posted by Laser Brains View Post
    With the printing of Gigantosaurus, Thrashing Brontodon and Steel Leaf Champion the deck has evolved from good to very competitive. Anyway, give it a few play tests if you are interested and let me know what you think.

    Winter Maze
    Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    With veteran explorer I know that I 100% will not enjoy a 30 minute grindfest against someone who can barely afford dual lands and believes that their deck can cast a 10 mana 8/8.

  7. #47
    bruizar
    Guest

    Re: Mausoleum Secrets / Oath of Ghouls Midrange

    Probably not good enough but I wanted to mention Karador, Ghost Chieftain. Fits the colors of the build i proposed earlier, and does exactly what this deck wants to do. However, I'm afraid the mana cost is too high even with the cost reduction clause.

  8. #48

    Re: Mausoleum Secrets / Oath of Ghouls Midrange

    Quote Originally Posted by bruizar View Post
    Probably not good enough but I wanted to mention Karador, Ghost Chieftain. Fits the colors of the build i proposed earlier, and does exactly what this deck wants to do. However, I'm afraid the mana cost is too high even with the cost reduction clause.
    Isn't oath just better pretty much? Costs two and in the most optimal scenario ghost costs three. Ghost's effect is better but only slightly I think.

    I'm leaning towards running this tomorrow...between this and digeridoo. I have plaguecrafters now and street wraith. I'm thinking -2 library -1 minister -2 ? +2 wraith +3 plague catcher. Still no clue if eldrazi can be me made winnable...seems to be a theme with my decks right now. Going to put 4 engineered plagues in my board as dnt/tribal seem terrible too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laser Brains View Post
    With the printing of Gigantosaurus, Thrashing Brontodon and Steel Leaf Champion the deck has evolved from good to very competitive. Anyway, give it a few play tests if you are interested and let me know what you think.

    Winter Maze
    Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    With veteran explorer I know that I 100% will not enjoy a 30 minute grindfest against someone who can barely afford dual lands and believes that their deck can cast a 10 mana 8/8.

  9. #49
    bruizar
    Guest

    Re: Mausoleum Secrets / Oath of Ghouls Midrange

    Quote Originally Posted by kinda View Post
    Isn't oath just better pretty much? Costs two and in the most optimal scenario ghost costs three. Ghost's effect is better but only slightly I think.

    I'm leaning towards running this tomorrow...between this and digeridoo. I have plaguecrafters now and street wraith. I'm thinking -2 library -1 minister -2 ? +2 wraith +3 plague catcher. Still no clue if eldrazi can be me made winnable...seems to be a theme with my decks right now. Going to put 4 engineered plagues in my board as dnt/tribal seem terrible too.
    Oath is much better but Karador is different. I think Karador competes with Meren of Nel Toth more than with Oath, and Meren is better.

    If you need to stop the bleeding quickly against Eldrazi you can side in a Peacekeeper or go for the Frog/Kami (difficult with chalice 1) lock until you can grind out the lands/cards/creatures with fulminator and plaguecrafter.

  10. #50

    Re: Mausoleum Secrets / Oath of Ghouls Midrange

    Quote Originally Posted by bruizar View Post
    Oath is much better but Karador is different. I think Karador competes with Meren of Nel Toth more than with Oath, and Meren is better.

    If you need to stop the bleeding quickly against Eldrazi you can side in a Peacekeeper or go for the Frog/Kami (difficult with chalice 1) lock until you can grind out the lands/cards/creatures with fulminator and plaguecrafter.
    Good shout, I'll maindeck frog this week I think. Chalice would stop me though. I'm not in white but very tempted to for Palace jailer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laser Brains View Post
    With the printing of Gigantosaurus, Thrashing Brontodon and Steel Leaf Champion the deck has evolved from good to very competitive. Anyway, give it a few play tests if you are interested and let me know what you think.

    Winter Maze
    Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    With veteran explorer I know that I 100% will not enjoy a 30 minute grindfest against someone who can barely afford dual lands and believes that their deck can cast a 10 mana 8/8.

  11. #51
    bruizar
    Guest

    Re: Mausoleum Secrets / Oath of Ghouls Midrange

    Quote Originally Posted by kinda View Post
    Good shout, I'll maindeck frog this week I think. Chalice would stop me though. I'm not in white but very tempted to for Palace jailer.
    Give in to your temptation :-) white brings so much juice to this deck. If you stay in green don't forget to bring decays for chalice

  12. #52

    Re: Mausoleum Secrets / Oath of Ghouls Midrange

    Quote Originally Posted by bruizar View Post
    Give in to your temptation :-) white brings so much juice to this deck. If you stay in green don't forget to bring decays for chalice
    Got out of work too late tonight . I'll keep it together for next week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laser Brains View Post
    With the printing of Gigantosaurus, Thrashing Brontodon and Steel Leaf Champion the deck has evolved from good to very competitive. Anyway, give it a few play tests if you are interested and let me know what you think.

    Winter Maze
    Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    With veteran explorer I know that I 100% will not enjoy a 30 minute grindfest against someone who can barely afford dual lands and believes that their deck can cast a 10 mana 8/8.

  13. #53

    Re: Mausoleum Secrets / Oath of Ghouls Midrange

    I only played a couple of games with this deck, but what do you guys think of a sword of light and shadow (with or without stoneforge)? It gains us life we can use to loop street wraith, acts like an oath when we donít have one, and helps us close out the game more quickly.

  14. #54
    bruizar
    Guest

    Re: Mausoleum Secrets / Oath of Ghouls Midrange

    Quote Originally Posted by Inkfathom View Post
    I only played a couple of games with this deck, but what do you guys think of a sword of light and shadow (with or without stoneforge)? It gains us life we can use to loop street wraith, acts like an oath when we donít have one, and helps us close out the game more quickly.
    I like this suggestion, will try to find a slot. L&S does a really good imitation of F&I by reproducing the draw with street wraith and the removal with raising a dead plague crafter. Iím wondering if adding a SB jitte or batterskull and 2 SFM make for sufficient non-graveyard dependent transformational plan.
    Last edited by bruizar; 02-28-2019 at 04:21 AM.

  15. #55

    Re: Mausoleum Secrets / Oath of Ghouls Midrange

    Quote Originally Posted by Inkfathom View Post
    I only played a couple of games with this deck, but what do you guys think of a sword of light and shadow (with or without stoneforge)? It gains us life we can use to loop street wraith, acts like an oath when we donít have one, and helps us close out the game more quickly.
    Id still prefer sofi or jitte. Don't want to be overly gy dependent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laser Brains View Post
    With the printing of Gigantosaurus, Thrashing Brontodon and Steel Leaf Champion the deck has evolved from good to very competitive. Anyway, give it a few play tests if you are interested and let me know what you think.

    Winter Maze
    Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    With veteran explorer I know that I 100% will not enjoy a 30 minute grindfest against someone who can barely afford dual lands and believes that their deck can cast a 10 mana 8/8.

  16. #56

    Re: Mausoleum Secrets / Oath of Ghouls Midrange

    Dark rit into Ashiok into self Mill seems good here...
    Quote Originally Posted by Laser Brains View Post
    With the printing of Gigantosaurus, Thrashing Brontodon and Steel Leaf Champion the deck has evolved from good to very competitive. Anyway, give it a few play tests if you are interested and let me know what you think.

    Winter Maze
    Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    With veteran explorer I know that I 100% will not enjoy a 30 minute grindfest against someone who can barely afford dual lands and believes that their deck can cast a 10 mana 8/8.

  17. #57

    Re: Mausoleum Secrets / Oath of Ghouls Midrange

    People about Dark Ritual, wouldn't Songs of the Damned be better suited for this deck? (I'll just sneak back into lurk mode).

  18. #58

    Re: Mausoleum Secrets / Oath of Ghouls Midrange

    Quote Originally Posted by jhhdk View Post
    People about Dark Ritual, wouldn't Songs of the Damned be better suited for this deck? (I'll just sneak back into lurk mode).
    Nope, won't be able to turn one Ashiok.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laser Brains View Post
    With the printing of Gigantosaurus, Thrashing Brontodon and Steel Leaf Champion the deck has evolved from good to very competitive. Anyway, give it a few play tests if you are interested and let me know what you think.

    Winter Maze
    Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    With veteran explorer I know that I 100% will not enjoy a 30 minute grindfest against someone who can barely afford dual lands and believes that their deck can cast a 10 mana 8/8.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Laser Brains View Post
    With the printing of Gigantosaurus, Thrashing Brontodon and Steel Leaf Champion the deck has evolved from good to very competitive. Anyway, give it a few play tests if you are interested and let me know what you think.

    Winter Maze
    Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    With veteran explorer I know that I 100% will not enjoy a 30 minute grindfest against someone who can barely afford dual lands and believes that their deck can cast a 10 mana 8/8.

  20. #60

    Re: Mausoleum Secrets / Oath of Ghouls Midrange

    This looks interesting... but ghost quarter? On the off-chance you were thinking it, it doesn't actually work with ashiok, 'cuz ashiok specifically says effects that opponents control can't cause them to search, and you control the ghost quarter.

    Also, tombstalker seems to be a non-bo with the rest of the deck. And no faerie macabre? it exiles opposing creatures in their grave, and lets you recycle them over and over. It's probably a good idea not to rely too much on ashiok for all graveyard exiling effects.
    Legacy decks: mono U painter, strawberry shortcake, imperial painter, solidarity, burn
    EDH decks: zedruu voltron, rakdos the defiler, persistent petitioners, blind seer

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)