Page 201 of 332 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205211251301 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,020 of 6623

Thread: 4 Card Blind

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Re: 4 Card Blind

It seems nobody is opposed to axing Induced Amnesia and Wistful Thinking, so they're out as well.
    Makes sense, considering Delerium Skreins was already on the list.
    Or maybe you were all having an awesome weekend and not paying attention.
    I hope it's the latter.

Anyway, Induced Amnesia and Wistful Thinking are out.

Also we played a round, which resulted in these standings:
    1. FTW: 60 - 5
    2. Asthereal (TO): 51 - 4,3
    3. dte: 45 - 3,8
    4. GoblinSmashmaster: 42 - 3,5
    5. maxx!: 41 - 3,4
    6. Tylert: 40 - 3,3
    6. Serguei: 40 - 3,3
    8. silkster: 33 - 2,8
    9. H: 28 - 2,3
    10. Wrath of Pie: 27 - 2,3
    11. Reeplcheep: 24 - 2
    12. alphastryk: 18 - 1,5
    13. jhhdk: 3 - 0,3

And these results from round 6 lead to the following standings for the season:
    1. dte: 26,1
    2. FTW: 24,4
    3. Serguei: 20,9
    4. Tylert: 20,2
    5. Wrath of Pie: 17,7
    6. Asthereal (TO): 16,5
    7. silkster: 15,7
    8. maxx!: 15,6
    9. Reeplcheep: 15,3
    10. H: 14,3
    11. GoblinSmashmaster: 12,6
    12. jhhdk: 11,6
    13. alphastryk: 8,1

So dte is still leading the pack, and FTW is still in pursuit. I should save this bit of text so I can recycle it for the next however many rounds it'll be relevant.
    Standout result from round 6 might be my own, as I finally escaped mediocrity and put in a second place result thanks to the red Zenith.

I'll be designing my deck. Expect round 7 to open within a few hours.
    Last edited by Asthereal; 03-01-2021 at 02:15 AM.
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

ROUND 7 OF SEASON 9: DEVIANT LEGACY - PART 2 has started.

This round we play WUBRG: Each player starts the game with (W) (U) (B) (R) (G) in their mana pool. This mana doesn't empty from the pool as steps end.
    Additional bannings: NONE! You have 5 mana. Make use of it!
    (Do note though that we decided to ban Induced Amnesia and Wistful Thinking indefinitely. Also before last round a few others got the axe.)

I have PM'ed myself my deck for round 7, so you can start sending me your decks.

DEADLINE: Wednesday the 3rd of March at 11:00AM Central European Time.
    (That's my time zone. Pacific Time it'll probably be something like Tuesday night a bit past midnight, so keep that in mind.)

PLEASE NOTE:
    The way you send your deck to me matters. Please send it in the way described below, so it doesn't cost me an hour of editing before I can post all the decks.
    Please send your deck as follows: Swamp, Swamp, Dauthi Slayer, Black Knight.
    So with card tags around each card, and not above eachother, and with your Username and 4CB S09R07 in the topic.
    Don't forget to keep an eye on the banned list. You'll find it in the second post of the thread, or in our Google Spreadsheet.

After the deadline has passed, I will post all decks on the forum here, and you can start puzzling out your scores.
    If you have any questions, please read the first two posts of this thread first. If you can't find the answer there, drop a message here. We'll answer a.s.a.p.

Also, if you've been lurking on this thread and looking to join, you can step in anytime, any round. That's no problem at all. Just send me your deck before the deadline, and I'll add you to the competition.

Happy deck designing everybody!

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    It seems nobody is opposed to axing Induced Amnesia and Wistful Thinking, so they're out as well.
    Makes sense, considering Delerium Skreins was already on the list.
    Or maybe you were all havig an awesome weekend and not paying attention.
    I hope it's the latter.
    We just forgot about it.

Feb 2014

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    There's also Parallax Nexus. However this is temporary. The cards come back, unless there's some other slower convoluted enabling.
    In this round, U. Sea, DR, Nexus, Stifle would have scored more or less the same as my impatience deck (just 42 instead of 45). This round it should be able to do damage (which is fine, as we authorize Wheel and Deal and worse things).
    In the bleed round, I imagine we could see a return of Nexus with Chronatog doing fine. Maybe that is still ok, but should be taken into consideration to decide.

So these would go:
    Induced Amnesia
    Wistful Thinking

Which ones am I forgetting about?
    I would say Nexus and Trophy:
    Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    I actually thought we banned Trophy, haha.
    I wanted to, but there were a few people against it. So I played it to show how good it is.
    And I think both you and FTW made it a fine point ;)

Maybe after next round, as we started building on the current one, which is degenerate enough to not care even if there were almost no banlist anyway.

Sep 2011

I'm OK with banning Nexus too. It might be easy enough to enable in many rounds, and it doesn't really contribute anything positive.

I'm also OK with banning Trophy. I think I said that somewhere above. This round proved it's still strong without Elixir.
    I thought that of the 2 the Elixir effect would be harder to replace (while Trophy could be replaced by cards like Beast Within or Vindicate), but Trophy costing 1 less than its replacements still give it a strong edge in many decks.

I think neither will matter for this round, but they will after.

The real replacement for Trophy is Abrupt Decay.

A single Trophy is not that powerful, but repeatable Trophy is, but then we end up banning all the good recursion engines, and those are actually reasonable, so losing Trophy is not a big loss.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

I'm OK with banning Nexus too. It might be easy enough to enable in many rounds, and it doesn't really contribute anything positive.

I'm also OK with banning Trophy. I think I said that somewhere above. This round proved it's still strong without Elixir.
    I thought that of the 2 the Elixir effect would be harder to replace (while Trophy could be replaced by cards like Beast Within or Vindicate), but Trophy costing 1 less than its replacements still give it a strong edge in many decks.

I think neither will matter for this round, but they will after.
    So far I've felt that Parallax Nexus giving the cards back unless you add another effect (Stifle being the most obvious) makes it safe to use.
    In previous round it would have done fine, as the wincon is sort of included in the rule for the round, but I think it's safe to have legal.
    We can still ban it, of course, but I don't think we need to, and there were a few people who wanted the ban list smaller.
    I'll leave this one up for debate before I take my own stance.

Of course I'm still very much in favour of banning Assassin's Trophy. (Let's spell that right this time...)

Feb 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post
    The real replacement for Trophy is Abrupt Decay.

A single Trophy is not that powerful, but repeatable Trophy is, but then we end up banning all the good recursion engines, and those are actually reasonable, so losing Trophy is not a big loss.
    Decay does not take lands, so it is far less oppressive. It also does nothing vs suspended threats.

I actually just had a sudden worry that I had missed a round of this, especially since WUBRG is a round I'm excited for (because I can do stupid things, not necessarily good things). So I missed the discussion on 2U discard spells, but I'm fine with whatever.

It's strange that we ban Windfall but not Wistful Thinking, with Thinking being even better.
    I always viewed this as an artifact of the Legacy banlist. We started with that as default and didn't feel the need to change it, but also didn't care enough to ban Wistful Thinking. I did also think that the black ones were banned because of Dark Ritual while the others were left because there's no Sunken Ritual. I also find it interesting that Hymn and Chain of Smog are banned but Wrench Mind isn't. It always felt like I had a secret weapon by being able to skirt the banlist like that, but it never actually seemed good.

Yes, Turtle Up turns are counted like when time after a round is called.
    One turn per player is counted as one. Me, you, me, you, me, and we're off.
    That's not what I intended when I was writing the rules, but it seems my editor has taken charge. It doesn't really matter, as long as we're consistent.

I also think it's fine to keep Shocker because it needs a haste enabler or only hits on turn 2, and it dies to anything that stops a 1/1, so it doesn't seem oppressive. It saw 0 play in 24 seasons of Pauper-Peasant.
    That would be because Shocker is rare. And maybe also because of the early disappearance of Lotus Petal and being overshadowed by Barbed Shocker while Rite of Flame was legal.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by silkster View Post
    I also find it interesting that Hymn and Chain of Smog are banned but Wrench Mind isn't. It always felt like I had a secret weapon by being able to skirt the banlist like that, but it never actually seemed good.
    The fact that I needed to look Wrench up might have been part of it. That one should probably also be on the list.

Sep 2011

I thought we had banned Wrench Mind when we banned Hymn to Tourach, Gerrard's Verdict, Chain of Smog, Mind Swords, and Mind Rake at the same time during the last Legacy season. Guess we missed one. It's funny we missed Wrench Mind but not the more obscure Overload Mind Rake.

I think either they should all be banned or we should unban Hymn, Verdict and Mind Rake (to shorten the list). Dark Ritual wasn't much of a factor in that decision. At the time, Gerrard's Verdict was actually better than Hymn because it could be played with Karakas(+Petal) while Hymn (with Ritual or Petal) forces you to play the suboptimal land Swamp. That format had Leyline-Karakas and Unburial-Iona, so being able to run Karakas as your 1 land was very relevant. Ironically, maybe we overlooked Wrench because it doesn't work as well with Karakas while the 1B ones do...

Quote Originally Posted by silkster View Post
    I always viewed this as an artifact of the Legacy banlist. We started with that as default and didn't feel the need to change it, but also didn't care enough to ban Wistful Thinking. I did also think that the black ones were banned because of Dark Ritual while the others were left because there's no Sunken Ritual. I also find it interesting that Hymn and Chain of Smog are banned but Wrench Mind isn't. It always felt like I had a secret weapon by being able to skirt the banlist like that, but it never actually seemed good.
    We started this season with the banlist we finished with at the previous Legacy 4CB season. I think that was before you and dte joined, so the rationale may not have been explicit. Some of those were carry-overs from the 60-card Legacy B/R list, but others were cards we voted to ban. After a few rounds were dominated by T1 Dark Deal/Burning Inquiry/Delirium Skeins/Mind Swords-type decks, we decided it was making the game unfun forcing it to be a T1 format, so we banned the 3-mana mass-discard spells. Or that was the intention anyway.

Dark Ritual and City of Traitors/Ancient Tomb both enable them in the same way, so there is no difference in acceleration or deck cost between the 2B ones and the 2U or 2R ones. The banlist may just be a product of the ones we had played and voted to ban in the last Legacy season, while we missed other functional equivalents.

City+Petal+Wistful Thinking is even better than using a Sunken Ritual because it leaves you with 2 mana to cast a threat instead of U. Hangarback Walker, Scalding Tongs, Phyrexian Revoker, ... It can also beat Sphere of Resistance effects OTD by using City to pay for Petal, then paying 3 for Walker.

Swamp+Dark Ritual+Dark Deal is more restrictive on threats you can play. Stuff like Memnite, Priest of Gix or Nether Spirit. That makes it harder to win OTD. So Dark Ritual is not necessarily an advantage vs Sol Lands.

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

@alphastryk: 18 points is for T3 Mage too. Looks like just going all-in on Meddling Mage would have been at least 45 points, maybe more depending on the 4th card. Tempo > plant tokens

I retrospect, I think I would go something like Karakas, Lotus Petal, Meddling Mage, Leyline of the Void. I might have gotten there with more preparation, but a good reminder to play against the round rules as much as within them.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

We're complete at the deadline, so let's go:

DECKS FOR ROUND 7 OF SEASON 9: Deviant Legacy - Part 2

This round we play WUBRG: Each player starts the game with (W) (U) (B) (R) (G) in their mana pool. This mana doesn't empty from the pool as steps end. No additional bannings.

The entries:
    1. Asthereal (TO): Mindbreak Trap, Elvish Spirit Guide, Elvish Spirit Guide, Chromium, the Mutable
    2. jhhdk: Bayou, Grave Titan, Sylvan Safekeeper, Leyline of Lifeforce
    3. dte: City of traitors, Savage Summoning, Lavinia, Azorius Renegade, Eater of Days
    4. GoblinSmashmaster: Chancellor of the Forge, Pyrokinesis, Force of Negation, Surrak Dragonclaw
    5. Wrath of Pie: Restoration Angel, Red Elemental Blast, Mercadian Bazaar, Chandra, Awakened Inferno
    6. Reeplcheep: Savage Summoning, Force of Negation, Grand Arbiter Augustin IV, Sea gate restoration
    7. alphastryk: Lotus Petal, Lotus Petal, Veil of Summer, Barren Glory
    8. H: Llanowar Reborn, Prowling Serpopard, Mana Leak, Mana Tithe
    9. Tylert: Memnite, Mana short, Vendetta, Silence
    10. FTW: Rushwood Grove, Quagnoth, Dovin's Veto, Assassin's Trophy
    11. Serguei: Mana Short, Inkmoth Nexus, Mishra's Factory, The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale
    12. silkster: Saprazzan Cove, Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre, The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale, Petrified Field
    13. maxx!: Savage Summoning, Meddling Mage, Tibalt’s Trickery, Diabolic Edict

Please post your scores and cross-check with the opponents.
    You can also enter your scores in the Google Spreadsheet for the season which you can find here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    Last edited by Asthereal; 03-09-2021 at 12:07 PM.

1. Asthereal (TO): Mindbreak Trap, Elvish Spirit Guide, Elvish Spirit Guide, Chromium, the Mutable WW
    2. jhhdk: Bayou, Grave Titan, Sylvan Safekeeper, Leyline of Lifeforce <---- ME!
    3. dte: City of traitors, Savage Summoning, Lavinia, Azorius Renegade, Eater of Days LL, also missed that Savage Summoning creates a counter.
    4. GoblinSmashmaster: Chancellor of the Forge, Pyrokinesis, Force of Negation, Surrak Dragonclaw looks like WW,
    5. Wrath of Pie: Restoration Angel, Red Elemental Blast, Mercadian Bazaar, Chandra, Awakened Inferno WW, by the time chandra could deal with Titan you're already dead
    6. Reeplcheep: Savage Summoning, Force of Negation, Grand Arbiter Augustin IV, Sea gate restoration LL, somehow missed the whole point Savage Summoning,
    7. alphastryk: Lotus Petal, Lotus Petal, Veil of Summer, Barren Glory LL
    8. H: Llanowar Reborn, Prowling Serpopard, Mana Leak, Mana Tithe WW
    9. Tylert: Memnite, Mana short, Vendetta, Silence DD
    10. FTW: Rushwood Grove, Quagnoth, Dovin's Veto, Assassin's Trophy DD, man I was not really awake for this was i?
    11. Serguei: Mana Short, Inkmoth Nexus, Mishra's Factory, The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale LL seems you CAN take my mana before i can spend it.
    12. silkster: Saprazzan Cove, Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre, The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale, Petrified Field looks like WW
    13. maxx!: Savage Summoning, Meddling Mage, Tibalt’s Trickery, Diabolic Edict Savage summoning was a way to cheat in MM before i could cast anything.

Edited since I am apparently unable to figure out how decks work today.
    Last edited by jhhdk; 03-03-2021 at 03:24 PM.

5. Wrath of Pie: Restoration Angel, Red Elemental Blast, Mercadian Bazaar, Chandra, Awakened Inferno

1. Asthereal (TO): Mindbreak Trap, Elvish Spirit Guide, Elvish Spirit Guide, Chromium, the Mutable WW - REB in destroy mode and the threat of blocking is tech here.
    2. jhhdk: Bayou, Grave Titan, Sylvan Safekeeper, Leyline of Lifeforce LL
    3. dte: City of traitors, Savage Summoning, Lavinia, Azorius Renegade, Eater of Days LL
    4. GoblinSmashmaster: Chancellor of the Forge, Pyrokinesis, Force of Negation, Surrak Dragonclaw WW - REB does things again!
    6. Reeplcheep: Savage Summoning, Force of Negation, Grand Arbiter Augustin IV, Sea gate restoration WW
    7. alphastryk: Lotus Petal, Lotus Petal, Veil of Summer, Barren Glory LL
    8. H: Llanowar Reborn, Prowling Serpopard, Mana Leak, Mana Tithe WW - Chandra can't be countered!
    9. Tylert: Memnite, Mana short, Vendetta, Silence WW - Storage land makes Mana Short sad.
    10. FTW: Rushwood Grove, Quagnoth, Dovin's Veto, Assassin's Trophy LL - Someone is on a mission.
    11. Serguei: Mana Short, Inkmoth Nexus, Mishra's Factory, The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale WW
    12. silkster: Saprazzan Cove, Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre, The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale, Petrified Field WL
    13. maxx!: Savage Summoning, Meddling Mage, Tibalt’s Trickery, Diabolic Edict WW - Only being able to cast one of Trickery/Edict turns out to be an issue against me.

15w = 45 points

Played a non-blue flash threat because REB is a thing, probably would have been better off with Painter's Servant but too late for that.
    Last edited by Wrath of Pie; 03-03-2021 at 10:17 PM.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Asthereal's scores for round overpowered:

1. Asthereal (TO): Mindbreak Trap, Elvish Spirit Guide, Elvish Spirit Guide, Chromium, the Mutable
    That's me, sporting Chromium again, because I can. Last card should stop combo, but looks like it doesn't do a very good job at that...
    Titan's a bit faster than Chromium. 0-6
    3. dte: City of traitors, Savage Summoning, Lavinia, Azorius Renegade, Eater of Days
    EDIT: Actually Lavi stops Trap and you can even ignore the obvious line and just make a turn 0 Eater which is bigger than Chomium, so that's an 0-6.
    4. GoblinSmashmaster: Chancellor of the Forge, Pyrokinesis, Force of Negation, Surrak Dragonclaw
    OTP I have time to get the first attack in and win the race. OTD I have to keep Chrome back to first block the 1/1 and then the Surrak. But you attack with only Surrak. If I block, Pyro plus Surrak trades, and the 1/1 wins the game. If I don't, you'll win the race anyway. 3-3
    Hmm, awkward. Angel can block, and then you can Blast Chromium. If I rescue it, it turns into a 1/1 and dies to the Angel. So I can't do anything. But then you tick up Bazaar until you can make Chandra and win. I don't see a way around this. 0-6
    6. Reeplcheep: Savage Summoning, Force of Negation, Grand Arbiter Augustin IV, Sea gate restoration
    Chromium has flash, so I can make it in the first upkeep of the game. Your deck can't beat it. 6-0
    This deck is why I added Trap. But I forgot that you can cast the petals on turn 1 and go off on turn 2, which is faster than my turn 4 kill. 0-6
    Chromium can't be countered and flies over your 5/4. 6-0
    Chromium has flash so you can't stop me from casting him. I'll keep the Trap back to discard if you cast Vendetta. If I attack, you can Vendetta at end of declare attackers step. In response I'll discard Trap to make it 1/1 hexproof, but it also gains unblockable, so Memnite can't block it anymore. You can't block before casting Vendetta as Chromium has flying. So Chromium should win this. 6-0
    Chromium is uncounterable so you can't stop me from casting him. I'll keep the Trap back to discard if you cast Trophy. If I attack, you can Trophy at end of declare attackers step. In response I'll discard Trap to make it 1/1 hexproof, but it also gains unblockable, so Quagnoth can't block it anymore. You can't block before casting Trophy as Chromium has flying. So Chromium should win this. 6-0
    11. Serguei: Mana Short, Inkmoth Nexus, Mishra's Factory, The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale
    Nacle kills Chromium. :( 0-6
    12. silkster: Saprazzan Cove, Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre, The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale, Petrified Field
    Nacle kills Chromium. :( 0-6
    Diablic Edict kills Chromium. :( 0-6

Total: 27 points. Chromium didn't do as much as I had hoped.

Quote Originally Posted by jhhdk View Post
    1. Asthereal (TO): Mindbreak Trap, Elvish Spirit Guide, Elvish Spirit Guide, Chromium, the Mutable Looks like DD, If i attack you block and win race and vice versa.
    2. jhhdk: Bayou, Grave Titan, Sylvan Safekeeper, Leyline of Lifeforce <---- ME!
    As much as I'd like to take those draws, Grave Titan has deathtouch and makes two 2/2s both upon entry of the battlefield and upon attacking. So if I block Titan I lose my Chromium and your zombies win it, and for every one zombie I block and kill, you make two new ones. Titan plus its first two zombies is already a two turn clock anyway, where Chromium is a three turn clock. I'm pretty sure I don't have a way out of this.
    Last edited by Asthereal; 03-03-2021 at 10:31 AM.

As much as I'd like to take those draws, Grave Titan has deathtouch and makes two 2/2s both upon entry of the battlefield and upon attacking. So if I block Titan I lose my Chromium and your zombies win it, and for every one zombie I block and kill, you make two new ones. Titan plus its first two zombies is already a two turn clock anyway, where Chromium is a three turn clock. I'm pretty sure I don't have a way out of this.
    Yeah forgot about DT. Will update my scores.

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

1. Asthereal: You can allways play chromium in response or before I play anything. Vendetta does nothing as chromium is black... I was not counting on a lot of black flash creatures... here's one. 0-6 --> 0
    2. jhhdk: You can play safekeeper with your land and protect it from vendetta. you can't play titan because of mana short. It's a draw as we both control a 1/1. 2-2 --> 2
    3. dte: OTP, I play silence, You play summonings then I mana short and win with a 1/1. OTD, If you play summonings I answer with mana short before it resolves and win with my 1/1. 6-0 --> 8
    4. Goblinsmashmaster: OTP: I can't handle two threats that come into play before mana short resolves. 0-6 --> 8
    5. Wrath of Pie: I can't kill yopu with memnite before chandra comes into play with your storage land. 0-6 --> 8
    6. Reeplcheep: Whatever happens, If we both do nothing I can play memnite and win. If you try to be proactive or block memnite I can allways play silence, then vendetta FTW. 6-0 --> 14.
    7. Alphastryk: OTP, i'll play silence you have to veil, i'll then mana short and win with memnite. OTD, during your upkeep I can do the same. 6-0 --> 20
    8. H: Whatever happens, I'll play silence first You have to counter it or you will have no mana. If you try to counter it with mana tithe, i'll pay. If you try to counter it with leak, I'll play mana short in response with 1 mana up to pay for tithe. Memnite will kill You! 6-0 --> 26
    9. Me.
    10. FTW: You'll have enough mana at some point to play quagnoth and win. 0-6 --> 26
    11. Serguei: You can allways play mana short at some point and then I will not be able to vendetta one of your man land. 0-6 --> 26
    12. Silkster: You don't need the extra mana. 0-6 --> 26
    13. Maxx!: I can't let you play meddling mage normally, so during your first upkeep or during my first turn, i'll try to silence. You'll counter it with trickery. i'll try to mana short you will play mage naming vendetta and that will race my memnite. 0-6 --> 26

Total 26.

Too many flash strategies, too many storage lands. I thought being able to cast all my spells was a good idea, but in the end I should have played a 3/3 (Old growth dryads) over that memnite because there is nearly no cases where I have to use vendetta and silence in the same match up... except vs augustin, but the 3/3 races augustin...

@jhhdk: check my analysis: You can allways play a 1/1 but never the 6/6 (I can play during your upkeep). it's a draw each time.

@jhhdk: check my analysis: You can allways play a 1/1 but never the 6/6 (I can play during your upkeep). it's a draw each time.
    k, forgot that's what you basically do with rishadan port to deny ppl mana

Sep 2011

@dte: From a quick look, I think you got a clean sweep. That deck is brilliant. I thought about stuff like flash-Augustin and flash-Lavinia, but figured Quagnoth or big flash creatures would just beat through them. Following up with Eater is pretty much unstoppable (can't cast noncreature spells), and you can pay for Tabernacle on both too.

1. Asthereal (TO): Can't stop Chromium. For some reason I thought Chromium would need a ritual (stopped by Veto) so I wasn't worried about it. ESG is tech! LL 0-6
    2. jhhdk: Your best line is to play T1 Grave Titan. I Trophy it, but you still get 2 zombies. Quagnoth won't race that so I just block to draw. DD 2-2
    3. dte: Eater is much faster than Quagnoth. LL 0-6
    4. GoblinSmashmaster: Trophy kills Surrak while Pyrokinesis can't touch Quagnoth. WW 6-0
    5. Wrath of Pie: Trophy gets there again. WW 6-0
    6. Reeplcheep: Even with Augustin's cost reduction and the land, FoN won't protect him from Trophy in time. WW 6-0
    7. alphastryk: Trophy on Barren Glory, Veto on Veil of Summmer, and turn 7 Quagnoth eventually does things. WW 6-0
    8. H: Trophy on your land stops Serpopard. You double counter, but I Veto the Mana Leak to save a mana and then pay 1 for Tithe. WW 6-0
    9. Tylert: Silence forces out Dovin's Veto, then you Mana Short me. I lose Trophy, but turn 8 Quagnoth still races Memnite. WW 6-0
    11. Serguei: Dovin's Veto stops Mana Short. At any time I can Trophy Factory to turn off both manlands. Then I just charge up Rushwood Grove to 10 counters before casting Quagnoth so I can pay for the Tabernacle upkeeps. WW 6-0
    12. silkster: This is next level. I didn't expect anyone to play land protection in a free mana round!! If I Trophy Cove on 5 counters, you replay it with Field but will need to charge up to 6 counters. That should slow you down enough for Quagnoth to get there while paying the upkeeps. WW 6-0
    13. maxx!: If Mage names Trophy, I just play Quagnoth and counter Edict with Veto. If Mage names Quagnoth, I Trophy it and counter Tibalt or Edict with Veto. If Mage names Veto, I can play turn 7 Quagnoth and respond to Edict with Trophy on Mage into Veto on Edict, but if you just don't do anything then I can't fire off Trophy first (Tibalt) and Quagnoth is too slow to race. DD 2-2

52 points (16 wins, 4 draws, 4 losses)

#banTrophy

No one played Wheel and Deal to make Quagnoth look good?

The other decks I had were
    Rushwood Grove, Quagnoth, Wheel and Deal, Path to Exile
    Mercadian Bazaar, Through the Breach, Emrakul, the Aeons Torn, Dovin's Veto

The first would have beaten dte's deck and Chromium but may have done worse overall.

Edit: Emrakul cannon would have lost to dte and maxx (and Veto in my deck), but 6-0'd everyone else for 20W4L.
    Last edited by FTW; 03-03-2021 at 11:03 PM.

Thread Information