Page 326 of 332 FirstFirst ... 226276316322323324325326327328329330 ... LastLast
Results 6,501 to 6,520 of 6623

Thread: 4 Card Blind

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Re: 4 Card Blind

Final disagreements fixed don't influence bannings, so I'm locking in the above bannings.

ROUND 14 OF SEASON 12: VINTAGE CREATURELESS BANNATHON has started.

I have PM'ed myself my deck for round 14, so you can start sending me your decks.

DEADLINE: Wednesday the 6th of July at 11:00AM Central European Time.
    (That's my time zone. Pacific Time it'll probably be something like Tuesday night a bit past midnight, so keep that in mind.)

PLEASE NOTE:
    The way you send your deck to me matters. Please send it in the way described below, so it doesn't cost me an hour of editing before I can post all the decks.
    Please send your deck as follows: Mountain, Plains, Forest, Shivan Gorge.
    So with card tags around each card, and not above eachother, and with your Username and 4CB S12R14 in the topic.
    Don't forget to keep an eye on the banned list. You'll find it in the second post of the thread, or in our Google Spreadsheet.

After the deadline has passed, I will post all decks on the forum here, and you can start puzzling out your scores.
    If you have any questions, please read the first two posts of this thread first. If you can't find the answer there, drop a message here. We'll answer a.s.a.p.

Happy deckbuilding!
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    If only silk had thought to use Sheltered Valley instead of that Vault, so we would know he could never die to his own wincon.
    Oh, there were tons of better options. I just that that it wouldn't matter and that Sheltered Valley was too boring, so I went with the funny card. I couldn't decide whether to make my land play off of the treasures or the creature types. I've been a fan of Griffin Canyon since it came out. And I've always wanted to own an Elephant Graveyard (first for "constructed", i.e. kitchen table, then later for cube), but I started playing in 1995 and it was too expensive by then for child me.

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

A little late with my results here, but let's see if mass discard worked out. Losing Peat Bog hurts on the draw in any sort of discard mirror but there isn't really a way to replace it.

1. Asthereal (TO): Azorius Chancery, Faerie Conclave, Energy Field, Detention Sphere
    Windfall on my turn 2 is always fast enough. WW

6-0

2. dte: Irrigation ditch, Sandwurm convergence, Show and tell, Sheltered valley
    Combo race - WL

3-3

3. alphastryk: Remote Farm, Darkslick Shores, Lingering Souls, Windfall
    me

4. GoblinSmashmaster: Sandstone Needle, Island, Show and Tell, Cruel Reality
    Combo race - WL

3-3

5. RoosterCocoa: Oboro, Palace in the Clouds, Remote Farm, Show and Tell, Form of the Dragon
    Combo race - WL

3-3

6. jfb1337: Forbidding Watchtower, The Wandering Emperor, Prismatic Ending, Saltcrusted Steppe

6-0

7. silkster: Ebon Stronghold, Vault of the Archangel, Agonizing Remorse, Black Market Connections
    Race of BMC vs Windfall - WL

3-3

8. Phasmoid: Mercadian Bazaar, Mercadian Bazaar, Red Sun's Zenith, Crackle with Power

9. FTW: Oboro, Palace in the Clouds, Darksteel Citadel, Convincing Mirage, The Blackstaff of Waterdeep
    Race of Windfall vs Mirage - WL

10. maxx!: Darkmoss Bridge, Dunes of the Dead, Rain of Filth, Dark Deal
    Race of Windfall vs Dark Deal. If only I had Peat Bog on the draw! WL

3-3

11. Reeplcheep: Pact of the Titan, Pact of the Titan, Angel's Grace, Rustvale Bridge
    Race of Windfall vs Angel's Grace - WL

3-3

Total: 39 points and I agree with all the other results posted here.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Deadline has passed, but it looks like a few missed the opening of the round.
    I'm missing entries from FTW, alphastryk and Phasmoid. I'll give you guys some extra time while I do work stuff, as usual.

EDIT: Phasmoid's entry is in.

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Submitted something

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

DECKS FOR ROUND 14 OF SEASON 12: Vintage Creatureless Bannathon

1. Asthereal (TO): Angel's Grace, Pact of the Titan, Pact of the Titan, Rustvale Bridge
    2. dte: Blooming Marsh, Chatter of the Squirrel, Pendelhaven, Mind rake
    3. Reeplcheep: Swamp, Culling the Weak, Paradox Zone, Khalni Garden
    4. GoblinSmashmaster: Mountain, Raze, Mercadian Bazaar, Sarkhan the Masterless
    5. jfb1337: Pact of the Titan, Pact of the Titan, Angel's Grace, Rustvale Bridge
    6. RoosterCocoa: Havenwood Battleground, Rishadan Port, Squirrel Nest, Earthcraft
    7. silkster: City of Brass, Spiritual Visit, Spell Pierce, Alpine Moon
    8. maxx!: Rustvale Bridge, Angel's Grace, Pact of the Titan, Pact of the Titan
    9. Phasmoid: Otawara, Soaring City, Piracy Charm, Sand Silos, Tezzeret, Artifice Master
    10. alphastryk: Ancient Den, Seat of the Synod, Thopter Foundry, Sword of the Meek
    11. FTW: Khalni Garden, Colossus Hammer, Plains, Sigarda's Aid

Please post your scores and cross-check with the opponents.
    I'll create a tab for the round in our Google Spreadsheet, so you can enter your scores there as well: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

ROUND 14 OF SEASON 12: Vintage Creatureless Bannathon
    I thought culling the weak was banned since ob nixilus was, but apparently not. I goldfish on t5

1. Asthereal (TO): Angel's Grace, Pact of the Titan, Pact of the Titan, Rustvale Bridge
    The 2/2 chumps, the 4/4 trades, and the 8/8 stabilizes. WW 6-0

T2 discard vs t2 combo. WL 3-3

I am punished for playing a 5 drop instead of a black 4 drop. LL 0-6

5. jfb1337: Pact of the Titan, Pact of the Titan, Angel's Grace, Rustvale Bridge

6. RoosterCocoa: Havenwood Battleground, Rishadan Port, Squirrel Nest, Earthcraft
    You don’t have any basic lands ?!?! WW 6-0??
    Edit: port does draw OTD. WD 4-1

Spell Pierce LL 0-6

9. Phasmoid: Otawara, Soaring City, Piracy Charm, Sand Silos, Tezzeret, Artifice Master
    T1 discard vs t2 combo. LL 0-6

10. alphastryk: Ancient Den, Seat of the Synod, Thopter Foundry, Sword of the Meek
    Exponential > additive growth. WW 6-0

I’m the bigger deck in the pseudo-mirror. WW 6-0

12 W 1D 7L for 37/60
    Last edited by Reeplcheep; 07-07-2022 at 09:52 AM.

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

I start making thopters to block and gain life on my turn 4. You goldfish on your turn 4. WL

3-3

OTP I get out Foundry on my turn 2, and discarding Sword only slows me down - I still make 1 token per turn after feeding a land into Foundry to get started. OTD your turn 2 overloaded Mind Rake wins it. WL

3-3

I missed that Calling the Weak was still around, you go bigger than I can. LL

0-6

Raze punishes me for not taking more time to find which indestructible artifacts lands were left. LL

0-6

I start making thopters to block and gain life on my turn 4. You goldfish on your turn 4. WL

3-3

Unfortunately for you, Earthcraft needs a basic - otherwise I would have no chance against your infinite tokens. WW

6-0

I can't beat Spell Pierce. LL

0-6

3-3

I start making tokens faster than you can, and should always be able to kill Tees if needed. WW

6-0

Me, submitting something from my gauntlet with a quick land swap since Mistvault Bridge was banned. I should have taken more time to pick an indestructible land.

You goldfish on your turn 3, which is always too fast for me. LL

0-6

Total: 24 points

Sep 2011

Shamelessly stole this T2 deck that plays around some hate.

1. Asthereal (TO): My clock is a turn faster. WW 6-0
    2. dte: OTP I make my threat fast enough. OTD your 1/1 beats my 0/1. WL 3-3
    3. Reeplcheep: You can chump me until you have 16/16s. LL 0-6
    4. GoblinSmashmaster: Raze just slows me down 1 turn, still faster than Sarkhan. WW 6-0
    5. jfb1337: Same as Asthereal. WW 6-0
    6. RoosterCocoa: Even if you had basic Forest instead of Port, you can't combo until turn 4. Port doesn't stop me either. OTD you're just fast enough to chump with 1/1s every turn. WD 4-1
    7. silkster: Can't beat Spell Pierce + instant threat. LL 0-6
    8. maxx!: Same as Asthereal. WW 6-0
    9. Phasmoid: Piracy Charm has 2 modes to stop me. LL 0-6
    10. alphastryk: You go off turn 4, 1 turn too slow. WW 6-0

37 points (12 wins, 1 draw, 7 loss)

I see some people adapted to last week's T2 meta by playing Spell Pierce, Piracy Charm and Raze again. Fear of those turn 2 decks is why I kept playing the Spell Pierce/Piracy Charm + instant 1/1 deck, but I never had the right timing.

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Reeplcheep View Post
    You don’t have any basic lands ?!?! WW 6-0??
    Strip Mine would have been better than Rishadan Port.

Still, OTD Port stops you from casting Paradox Zone for the draw. Should WD 4-1.

I thought about playing Culling the Weak this week but I thought it might lose to Raze or other LD. I expected Raze to return in bigger numbers after it WW most of last week's decks. So instead I took dte's deck that ignores LD.

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    Strip Mine would have been better than Rishadan Port.

Still, OTD Port stops you from casting Paradox Zone for the draw. Should WD 4-1.

I thought about playing Culling the Weak this week but I thought it might lose to Raze or other LD. I expected Raze to return in bigger numbers after it WW most of last week's decks. So instead I took dte's deck that ignores LD.
    I thought about raze, but I couldn’t find any black 4 drop that beat the titans. Doesn’t the port line draw alpha too?

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

I thought about raze, but I couldn’t find any black 4 drop that beat the titans. Doesn’t the port line draw alpha too?
    Yes it does stop me when I'm OTD. Updating spreadsheet to WD (4-1)

GoblinSmashmaster Results for Round "Indestructible lands"

Indestructible :( 0-6

Dragon smash! 6-0

Dragon smash! 6-0

That's me, smashing with Dragons

Dragon smash! 6-0

LD 0-6

Dragon smash! 6-0

Dragon smash! 6-0

Plant smash :( 0-6

Total: 30 points
    Last edited by GoblinSmashmaster; 07-08-2022 at 03:33 AM.

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinSmashmaster View Post
    That's me, smashing with Dragons
    I'm surprised no one else thought to use Raze with more than a 1-drop before. This would have scored 48 points last week.
    Still did pretty well this week despite 3 AngelPacts.

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    I'm surprised no one else thought to use Raze with more than a 1-drop before. This would have scored 48 points last week.
    Still did pretty well this week despite 3 AngelPacts.
    I got hung up on not losing the Raze mirrors where the slower threat + storage land never wins. There was clearly a good window for that setup in the last 2 rounds though.

Me: 7. silkster: City of Brass, Spiritual Visit, Spell Pierce, Alpine Moon

1. Asthereal (TO): Angel's Grace, Pact of the Titan, Pact of the Titan, Rustvale Bridge LL
    I spent so many weeks running auto-wins against this that I just forgot about it. Ha.
    2. dte: Blooming Marsh, Chatter of the Squirrel, Pendelhaven, Mind Rake LL, I can't believe I forgot about Mind Rake.
    3. Reeplcheep: Swamp, Culling the Weak, Paradox Zone, Khalni Garden WW
    4. GoblinSmashmaster: Mountain, Raze, Mercadian Bazaar, Sarkhan the Masterless WW
    Inconsistency: I play City and pass. If you Raze, I counter it, then Moon your Bazaar. If you don't Raze, I make my Spirit at end of turn and then play Moon on my turn and no longer care if you cast Raze.
    5. jfb1337: Pact of the Titan, Pact of the Titan, Angel's Grace, Rustvale Bridge LL, not again!
    6. RoosterCocoa: Havenwood Battleground, Rishadan Port, Squirrel Nest, Earthcraft WW WL
    8. maxx!: Rustvale Bridge, Angel's Grace, Pact of the Titan, Pact of the Titan LL, not like this...
    9. Phasmoid: Otawara, Soaring City, Piracy Charm, Sand Silos, Tezzeret, Artifice Master WW DD
    I was just realizing that my fears that my threat was too anemic never bit me, and then I realized that it bites me here. I forgot that Piracy Charm has a kill mode.
    10. alphastryk: Ancient Den, Seat of the Synod, Thopter Foundry, Sword of the Meek WW
    11. FTW: Khalni Garden, Colossus Hammer, Plains, Sigarda's Aid WW

12W,... 10W, 2D, 8L 9W, 2D, 9L.

I almost played Alpine Moon last week, and it felt like it would be really good since many of the decks at the start of the list were Show and Tell, but on inspection it was only getting about 2 or 3 points more. I forgot about Pact of the Titan while making this deck, though I remembered in the morning when late submissions gave us extra time. Still, I'd played around it for so many weeks and hardly anyone played it, so I thought that it wasn't worth playing around this week. Still a very good score (assuming it stands), and I'm not sure I could have done much better... Edit: after seeing that RoosterCocoa is missing a basic land, my other deck would have done much better this week. Hard call to make, though. Double Edit: And Piracy Charm.

Quote Originally Posted by silkster View Post
    4. GoblinSmashmaster: Mountain, Raze, Mercadian Bazaar, Sarkhan the Masterless WW
    Inconsistency: I play City and pass. If your Raze, I counter it, then Moon your Bazaar. If you don't Raze, I make my Spirit at end of turn and then play Moon on my turn and no longer care if you cast Raze.
    9. Phasmoid: Otawara, Soaring City, Piracy Charm, Sand Silos, Tezzeret, Artifice Master WW
    In both matchups you have to be shields down to win. Goblin can raze you when you are forced to moon bazaar, and plasmoid can privacy charm your 1/1 before you untap with it. I think these are all draws.

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by silkster View Post
    Rooster can use Port to tap you out of City of Brass every turn (1 damage!), which can threaten to race your 1/1.

To prevent that, you need to proactively cast Alpine Moon.

Rooster OTP
    T1 Tapped Battleground
    T1 City. Alpine Moon [S=19]

If you don't cast Alpine Moon there, you never get another chance after T2 Port. (and T1 spirit is raced by T2 Port!)
    If Alpine Moon names Port, Rooster casts T2 Squirrel Nest and wins. (tapped out of Spell Pierce)
    If Alpine Moon names Battleground, Rooster Ports you 19 times faster than the token can attack 20 times.
    If you don't play City, Port can't kill you but then Squirrel Nest comes down.
    Rooster wins.

With silkster OTP you have tempo to cast Alpine Moon and hold up Spell Pierce for Squirrel Nest.

WL 3-3?
    Last edited by FTW; 07-07-2022 at 03:31 PM.

In both matchups you have to be shields down to win. Goblin can raze you when you are forced to moon bazaar, and plasmoid can privacy charm your 1/1 before you untap with it. I think these are all draws.
    You're right about Piracy Charm, but I don't have to be shields down to beat Raze. I can cast Spiritual Visit before casting Moon.

Rishadan Port on City is a good point though. I actually remembered about Mana Confluence during our extra day and I should have changed it. Damn, that takes me all the way down to 29! Such terrible choices!

Feb 2014

3-3. Discard all T2 or lose.

Me, playing mass T2 discard, with a deck that I thought was good vs Raze/summons.

3-3, discard vs combo

0-6. I thought about raze, but loses to your better threat than summons.

3-3.

3-3. T2 combo squirrel mirror.

6-0, recursion is good here.

3-3. Was not the round to go out with something that loses to pact!

6-0. discard 2, then beat down by a big squirrel.

3-3. T2 mirror.

3-3, t2 mirror.

A bit of 3-3 across the field. I thought the ability to make a 2/3 T1 would win against some T2 deck, visibly not :/

Thread Information