Page 292 of 332 FirstFirst ... 192242282288289290291292293294295296302 ... LastLast
Results 5,821 to 5,840 of 6623

Thread: 4 Card Blind

Re: 4 Card Blind

1. Asthereal (TO): Swamp, Chancellor of the Tangle, Chancellor of the Tangle, Grist, The Hunger Tide
    What are you talking about Grist killing grist? It’s not a creature on the battlefield. On the play I always have one more body than you. On the draw you get an extra 1/1 token but I have a 0/3 and after t2 another 1/1. So we just plus forever. I can ult to deal 1 damage to your face but then I lose the token race. W-D 4-1
    Edit: My analysis was completely wrong but the result is correct.
    2. dte: Swamp, Chancellor of the tangle, Chancellor of the tangle, Grist, the hunger tide WD 4-1
    3. Reeplcheep: Grist, The Hunger Tide, Arboreal Grazer, Lair of the Hydra, Golgari Rot Farm me
    4. GoblinSmashmaster: Volcanic Island, Goblin Lackey, Sidisi's Faithful, Goblin Settler OTP I kill your lackey. OTD you remove my blocker. I can replay it but then you have 2 attackers. WL 3-3
    5. PJim: Swamp, Chancellor of the Tangle, Chancellor of the Tangle, Grist, the Hunger Tide WD 4-1. Same as the above. grist can’t kill grist, all your mirrors should be DD.
    6. Wrath of Pie: Fountain of Cho, Fountain of Cho, Magus of the Tabernacle, Windborn Muse / 6-0 like the other grist decks.
    7. alphastryk: Inspiring Vantage, Fanatical Firebrand, Student of Warfare, Knight of Sursi / 6-0, my extra body and larger blocker should make this more difficult than the turbo grist decks.
    8. RoosterCocoa: Plateau, Student of Warfare, Reckless Waif, Fanatical Firebrand / 6-0 like above I believe
    9. silkster: Karakas, Azorius Chancery, Mother of Runes, Mangara of Corondor / 3-3, OTP I can kill mom and then Mangara. OTD I don’t think I can race. WL
    10. maxx!: Inspiring Vantage, Fanatical Firebrand, Student of Warfare, Stromkirk Noble / 6-0 like alpha I believe
    11. FTW: Volcanic Island, Chancellor of the Tangle, Shocker, Sidisi's Faithful / WD 4-1 unlike with goblin lackey, you only end up with one attacker, who can’t get through my 0/3.
    Edit: my 0/3 is in my hand when I have to discard it. WL 3-3

14 W 3D 3L for 45/60. Pretty decent performance for the end of the pack
    Last edited by Reeplcheep; 01-21-2022 at 08:41 AM.

Feb 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Reeplcheep View Post
    1. Asthereal (TO): Swamp, Chancellor of the Tangle, Chancellor of the Tangle, Grist, The Hunger Tide
    What are you talking about Grist killing grist? It’s not a creature on the battlefield. On the play I always have one more body than you. On the draw you get an extra 1/1 token but I have a 0/3 and after t2 another 1/1. So we just plus forever. I can ult to deal 1 damage to your face but then I lose the token race. W-D 4-1
    ---
    5. PJim: Swamp, Chancellor of the Tangle, Chancellor of the Tangle, Grist, the Hunger Tide WD 4-1. Same as the above. grist can’t kill grist, all your mirrors should be DD.
    Grist -2 is "destroy target creature or planeswalker" ;)
    Otherwise you would DD vs us (you have your land as additional 1/1, but we land grist 1 turn earlier).

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by dte View Post
    Grist -2 is "destroy target creature or planeswalker" ;)
    Otherwise you would DD vs us (you have your land as additional 1/1, but we land grist 1 turn earlier).
    Yeah, PJim also missed Grist being able to kill planeswalkers. And so did I, almost.

I wanted to play either Grist or anti-Grist this round.
    Until I saw that Grist can kill walkers, which makes it a good anti-Grist card as well.
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

Feb 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    I wanted to play either Grist or anti-Grist this round.
    Until I saw that Grist can kill walkers, which makes it a good anti-Grist card as well.
    Hex parasite was my favourite anti grist tech, unfortunately it loses hard to pingers, and there are a lot of those :/
    T1 maggot was also a decent one, with the same drawback.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeplcheep View Post
    11. FTW: Volcanic Island, Chancellor of the Tangle, Shocker, Sidisi's Faithful / WD 4-1 unlike with goblin lackey, you only end up with one attacker, who can’t get through my 0/3
    But when FTW is on the play he'll bounce Grazer and you'll discard it, along with either Hydra Lair or the mana you need to activate it, so a single 1/1 will be enough. It was a tight call between Turbo Grist and Grazer Grist, with the Lackey deck being the primary swinging point for me.

It looks like we're probably banning only Chancellor and Grist this round...

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Hex parasite was my favourite anti grist tech, unfortunately it loses hard to pingers, and there are a lot of those :/
    T1 maggot was also a decent one, with the same drawback.
    Exactly, and both maxx!'s deck from last round and Welder still being legal meant pingers would be rather popular.

Quote Originally Posted by PJim View Post
    It looks like we're probably banning only Chancellor and Grist this round...
    Honestly, it's crazy this deck hadn't been played and dominated earlier. We lost almost all fast mana, but everybody forgot about Chancellor, it seems, and Grist was already a viable choice in round 6, scoring 3.1 SP.

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    Honestly, it's crazy this deck hadn't been played and dominated earlier. We lost almost all fast mana, but everybody forgot about Chancellor, it seems, and Grist was already a viable choice in round 6, scoring 3.1 SP.
    Turbo Grist was auto lose vs fury though before that was banned. Not sure why it didn’t show up last week though, madness has a pretty good matchup vs it.

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Lets see how blindly copying the best unbanned deck from the previous round and tweaking it did (doesn't look great at first glance)

I don't see an obvious way for me to get rid of Grist no matter how I sequence things. LL

0-6

2. dte: Swamp, Chancellor of the tangle, Chancellor of the tangle, Grist, the hunger tide
    I don't see an obvious way for me to get rid of Grist no matter how I sequence things. LL

0-6

3. Reeplcheep: Grist, The Hunger Tide, Arboreal Grazer, Lair of the Hydra, Golgari Rot Farm

0-6

4. GoblinSmashmaster: Volcanic Island, Goblin Lackey, Sidisi's Faithful, Goblin Settler
    Firebrand makes Lackey very awkward, and in a long game Knight + Student take over. WW

6-0

5. PJim: Swamp, Chancellor of the Tangle, Chancellor of the Tangle, Grist, the Hunger Tide

0-6

6. Wrath of Pie: Fountain of Cho, Fountain of Cho, Magus of the Tabernacle, Windborn Muse
    You can play Muse or Magus on your turn 5. Muse stops me cold and I can't ever block Muse profitably (if only Flanking worked on defense!). LL

0-6

7. alphastryk: Inspiring Vantage, Fanatical Firebrand, Student of Warfare, Knight of Sursi
    me

8. RoosterCocoa: Plateau, Student of Warfare, Reckless Waif, Fanatical Firebrand
    My Firebrand is overtaxed trying to take on your Waif and Student, but if I hold it for Student my Knight can eventually setup to block Waif before its too late. Feels like a draw. DD

2-2

9. silkster: Karakas, Azorius Chancery, Mother of Runes, Mangara of Corondor
    You're always able to setup Mom-protected Mangara+Karakas by your turn 4, and can use it every other turn from there - I can't beat that. LL

0-6

10. maxx!: Inspiring Vantage, Fanatical Firebrand, Student of Warfare, Stromkirk Noble
    My Firebrand is overtaxed trying to take on your Waif and Noble, and Noble's quick growth means I can't wait for Knight to trade off like I could with RosterCocoa's Waif. LL

0-6

11. FTW: Volcanic Island, Chancellor of the Tangle, Shocker, Sidisi's Faithful
    Firebrand beats Shocker (and you can't wait to play it or your Chancellor mana is gone forever). WW

6-0

Total: 14 points. I seem to be especially bad at this season.

Sep 2011

I completely missed that Grist was still legal. I didn't want to hold everyone up longer so I didn't spend much time on this round.
    I wanted a 2x Chancellor deck (T1 3cmc), but couldn't find a good enough creature that could also stop combo. Grist was it.

1. Asthereal (TO): Grist LL 0-6
    2. dte: Grist LL 0-6
    3. Reeplcheep: OTP Shocker + Sidisi discards your slow Grist WL 3-3
    4. GoblinSmashmaster: You switched Goblin combos on me! OTP I play Shocker, you bounce it, and I can't replay it so I make a 0/4 wall to draw. OTD whether I play Shocker or Sidisi, you can bounce it and win. DL 1-4
    5. PJim: Grist LL 0-6
    6. Wrath of Pie: Shocker beats slow deck. WW 6-0
    7. alphastryk: Firebrand kills Shocker and you can fly over my wall. LL 0-6
    8. RoosterCocoa: Firebrand kills Shocker and you can attack through my wall. LL 0-6
    9. silkster: OTP Shocker + bounce Mother discards your creatures. OTD Mother can give itself Protection from Blue to avoid the bounce. Shocker still kills Mangara, but then you have Mother to defend. WD 4-1
    10. maxx!: Firebrand kills Shocker and you can attack through my wall. LL 0-6

14 points (4 wins, 2 draws)
    My 2nd deck would have beaten Grist and scored 50 points in this meta, but it was weak to a lot of other stuff. Oops.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post
    I think double Fountain gets you points here. GSM only wins turn 12, which is just enough time to cast Muse twice OTP for 3-3. I don't think there's anything OTD with Magus forcing a goblin to sac, but I'm not 100% sure.

Quote Originally Posted by PJim View Post
    I think double Fountain gets you points here. GSM only wins turn 12, which is just enough time to cast Muse twice OTP for 3-3. I don't think there's anything OTD with Magus forcing a goblin to sac, but I'm not 100% sure.
    He can bounce his Goblin Settler, so I never get to cast a spell.

GoblinSmashmaster Results for Round "Grist"

You read the round name :( 0-6

2. dte: Swamp, Chancellor of the tangle, Chancellor of the tangle, Grist, the hunger tide
    So did you :( 0-6

3. Reeplcheep: Grist, The Hunger Tide, Arboreal Grazer, Lair of the Hydra, Golgari Rot Farm
    Goblin smash, then Grist 3-3

4. GoblinSmashmaster: Volcanic Island, Goblin Lackey, Sidisi's Faithful, Goblin Settler
    That's me playing Goblins!

5. PJim: Swamp, Chancellor of the Tangle, Chancellor of the Tangle, Grist, the Hunger Tide
    More Grist :( 0-6

6. Wrath of Pie: Fountain of Cho, Fountain of Cho, Magus of the Tabernacle, Windborn Muse
    Goblin smash! 6-0

7. alphastryk: Inspiring Vantage, Fanatical Firebrand, Student of Warfare, Knight of Sursi
    Goblin ping 0-6

8. RoosterCocoa: Plateau, Student of Warfare, Reckless Waif, Fanatical Firebrand
    Goblin ping 0-6

Goblin smash! 4-1

10. maxx!: Inspiring Vantage, Fanatical Firebrand, Student of Warfare, Stromkirk Noble
    Goblin ping 0-6

Goblin smash! 4-1

Total: 17 points

Turn 1 Grist. LL

Turn 1 Grist. LL

Arboreal Grazer + Grist. LL

I can kill Goblin Lackey. WW

Turn 1 Grist. LL

I can't beat Windborn Muse. LL

We trade Firebrands for Students, then your Knight holds off my Reckless Waif but can't win if you try to race. DD

I can kill Mother of Runes, but you get Mangara too quickly. LL

If you use Firebrand to kill my Waif, you can just race me down with Stromkirk. LL

I can kill Shocker. WW

4W 2D 14L = 14

It figures that the one week I don't play Welder is the week when it would perform decently, getting lots of wins on the play.

Feb 2014

I do not see how rooster VS maxx! can results in anything else than DD, with everything trading?

I do not see how rooster VS maxx! can results in anything else than DD, with everything trading?
    Reckless Waif would lose straight up to Student, and Student loses to Noble. Waif needs to transform before Noble is 4/4 to hold it.

So if Rooster shoots either Noble or Student before either maxx has used his Firebrand, or one of his Waif/Student is out of Pinger range, then he'll lose, not immediately obvious whether he'll have a choice:

Rooster OTP:

Waif | Noble
    Pass | Waif->3/2

Waif | Firebrand
    Pass, kill Waif | Noble
    Firebrand, kill Noble

I think draws in this way.

maxx OTP:

Noble | Waif
    Noble->2/2, Firebrand | Student
    Noble->3/3, Student | Student1, kill Waif

Noble | Firebrand, kill Noble
    Student | Student
    Student1 | Waif
    Firebrand, kill Student | Pass
    Student2

Are winning for maxx. So I think it's 4-1 maxx, but there are certainly lots of possibilities.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

No results yet from silk and maxx! but it looks like they won't affect bannings. Which are boring this round.

Out are:
    Chancellor of the Tangle
    Grist, The Hunger Tide

I'll try to figure out my deck in the next few hours and open next round afterwards, so stay tuned.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

ROUND 11 OF SEASON 11: LEGACY CREATURES & LANDS BANNATHON has started.

I have PM'ed myself my deck for round 11, so you can start sending me your decks.

DEADLINE: Wednesday the 26th of January at 11:00AM Central European Time.
    (That's my time zone. Pacific Time it'll probably be something like Tuesday night a bit past midnight, so keep that in mind.)

PLEASE NOTE:
    The way you send your deck to me matters. Please send it in the way described below, so it doesn't cost me an hour of editing before I can post all the decks.
    Please send your deck as follows: Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, Quicksand, Dauthi Slayer, Black Knight.
    So with card tags around each card, and not above eachother, and with your Username and 4CB S11R11 in the topic.
    Don't forget to keep an eye on the banned list. You'll find it in the second post of the thread, or in our Google Spreadsheet.

After the deadline has passed, I will post all decks on the forum here, and you can start puzzling out your scores.
    If you have any questions, please read the first two posts of this thread first. If you can't find the answer there, drop a message here. We'll answer a.s.a.p.

Happy deckbuilding!

Hey everyone! Just joined the forum to play 4CB, already submitted my deck.

Feb 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Nasst View Post
    Hey everyone! Just joined the forum to play 4CB, already submitted my deck.
    Great to hear, welcome to the game!

Thread Information