Page 293 of 332 FirstFirst ... 193243283289290291292293294295296297303 ... LastLast
Results 5,841 to 5,860 of 6623

Thread: 4 Card Blind

Re: 4 Card Blind

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    Honestly, it's crazy this deck hadn't been played and dominated earlier. We lost almost all fast mana, but everybody forgot about Chancellor, it seems, and Grist was already a viable choice in round 6, scoring 3.1 SP.
    When I saw the lists, I wondered if everyone had forgotten about Chancellor until I reminded them last week.
    I've had double Chancellor + Grist on my list since Round 1, but it never looked good. First Fury kept it in check, then I thought it would be Vengevine and even other aggro. I don't think it looked good in myThe Arboreal Grazer seemed better since playing Grist on turn 2 is almost better since it's less vulnerable to attacks and the 0/3 reach blocker is nice. I'm surprised both by its popularity and by its success, but I guess that's why I'm not winning.

My results are actually really straight forward:
    3 points against Grist strategies,
    1 point against Sidisi's Faithful strategies,
    6 points against the rest.

If we have a minute before the next round, I was late in my results for round 8 and I have some mismatches. I looked through other people's scores, but they just said WL without any math. I initially missed how dte leveraged Sheltered Valley to win instead of draw, so maybe I'm missing something here, but my suspicion is that people didn't look too closely at the "remove a time counter" effect of Gargadon's ability.

silkster: Mountain, Dunes of the Dead, Akki Blizzard-Herder, Greater Gargadon
    FTW: Saprazzan Skerry, Rainbow Vale, Vedalken Plotter, Plague Reaver
    I think this is WD. On the draw:
    Skerry; Mountain, Suspend-10.
    Reaver, passing the Vale; S-9, Dunes, Herder.
    Reaver attacks into Herder, and I sacrifice Mountain, Dunes, Vale, and Herder (S-5, make a 2/2); S-4.
    Reaver attacks into 2/2 (sacrificed, S-3); S-2.
    Hit for 6; S-1.
    Hit for 6; Gargadon. But it takes 3 hits to win and I die in 2, so we stare.

RoosterCocoa: Tendo Ice Bridge, Saprazzan Skerry, Vedalken Plotter, Plague Reaver WD
    Same math as against FTW, except that you don't give me a land to sacrifice, so you get 1 more hit in, but I hold the fort at 2 life.

Feb 2014

@Silk, I think you're wrong vs FTW and should WW: you can attack with your 2/2 once, until Gargadon as 2 counters, then you stay to block and remove the counter. Then GG wins in two hits.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by Nasst View Post
    Hey everyone! Just joined the forum to play 4CB, already submitted my deck.
    Welcome! I received your deck no problem.
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

Quote Originally Posted by dte View Post
    @Silk, I think you're wrong vs FTW and should WW: you can attack with your 2/2 once, until Gargadon as 2 counters, then you stay to block and remove the counter. Then GG wins in two hits.
    Oh yeah, of course. This is such a normal play in actual Magic, but somehow I was purely focused on staying alive until Gargadon comes down.

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by silkster View Post
    If we have a minute before the next round, I was late in my results for round 8 and I have some mismatches. I looked through other people's scores, but they just said WL without any math. I initially missed how dte leveraged Sheltered Valley to win instead of draw, so maybe I'm missing something here, but my suspicion is that people didn't look too closely at the "remove a time counter" effect of Gargadon's ability.
    Yeah, you're right. I lose these. I didn't do the math. I saw "suspend 6-10" (after sacrificing permanents) and "6/5" and assumed Reaver would race before Gargadon landed. I didn't realize how much you could stall by chump blocking and then sacrificing to remove the counter. Nice line. That deck of mine did not function as planned.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

We were nearly complete at the deadline, but work prevented me from posting, and in the meantime, the last deck came in, so here we go.

DECKS FOR ROUND 11 OF SEASON 11: Legacy Creatures & Lands Bannathon

1. Asthereal (TO): Dwarven Ruins, Fanatical Firebrand, Fanatical Firebrand, Gargadon
    2. dte: Stomping Ground, Llanowar mentor, Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre, Kris mage
    3. Reeplcheep: Karakas, Azorius Chancery, Alirios, Enraptured, Inquisitive Puppet
    4. GoblinSmashmaster: Great Furance, Goblin Welder, Insolent Neonate, Noxious Gearhulk
    5. Nasst: Tocatli Honor Guard, Hunted Horror, Goldmire Bridge, Swamp
    6. FTW: Havenwood Battleground, Copperline Gorge, Fanatical Firebrand, Anurid Scavenger
    7. PJim: Ancient Spring, Bazaar of Baghdad, Priest of Fell Rites, Serra's Emissary
    8. Wrath of Pie: Saprazzan Cove, Dust Bowl, Mind Flayer, Brazen Borrower
    9. RoosterCocoa: Blackcleave Cliffs, Molten Slagheap, Shadow Guildmage, Glorybringer
    10. maxx!: Mother of Runes, Deathrite Shaman, Bloodhall Ooze, Ancient Ziggurat
    11. silkster: Ruins of Trokair, Gemstone Mine, Meddling Mage, Priest of the Blessed Graf
    12. alphastryk: Icatian Store, Icatian Store, Windborn Muse, Windborn Muse

Please post your scores and cross-check with the opponents.
    I'll create a tab for the round in our Google Spreadsheet, so you can enter your scores there as well: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

7. PJim: Ancient Spring, Bazaar of Baghdad, Priest of Fell Rites, Serra's Emissary
    I was really unsure about this, it loses to Gearhulk Welder and Lackey decks, but beats most decks that resist a Fanatic. I've feel like Bazaar has probably been better than Insolent Neonate this whole time, but Neonate did win a point by being a 1/1 dude at some point, so maybe I'm wrong. In this creatures and lands format, I figure Emissary has to be about the best thing one can put on the battlefield.

1. Asthereal (TO): Dwarven Ruins, Fanatical Firebrand, Fanatical Firebrand, Gargadon / 1-4, Two Firebrands before I go off wins if you don't need to sac your land for them, draws if you do.
    2. dte: Stomping Ground, Llanowar mentor, Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre, Kris mage / 6-0, This is the shell I was imagining for Oglor, Devoted Assistant. Emissary wins.
    3. Reeplcheep: Karakas, Azorius Chancery, Alirios, Enraptured, Inquisitive Puppet / 6-0, Cool idea, can't beat Emissary.
    4. GoblinSmashmaster: Great Furance, Goblin Welder, Insolent Neonate, Noxious Gearhulk / 0-6, Being a turn slower is bad here. Shame, as I beat the Titan version.
    5. Nasst: Tocatli Honor Guard, Hunted Horror, Goldmire Bridge, Swamp / 6-0, Welcome to the game, Turn 3 Emissary will outclass turn 3 Horror.
    6. FTW: Havenwood Battleground, Copperline Gorge, Fanatical Firebrand, Anurid Scavenger / 6-0, You can't deal 2 damage in a turn before turn 4, so Emissary wins.
    8. Wrath of Pie: Saprazzan Cove, Dust Bowl, Mind Flayer, Brazen Borrower / 3-3, OTP Emissary names Instant and just about kills before you have mana for Mind Flayer. OTD you can just bounce the Priest.
    9. RoosterCocoa: Blackcleave Cliffs, Molten Slagheap, Shadow Guildmage, Glorybringer / 6-0, lots of time to make Emissary.
    10. maxx!: Mother of Runes, Deathrite Shaman, Bloodhall Ooze, Ancient Ziggurat / 6-0, Fortunately for me Ancient Ziggurat doesn't allow you to exile a creature card.
    11. silkster: Ruins of Trokair, Gemstone Mine, Meddling Mage, Priest of the Blessed Graf / 3-3, Faster 2 drop wins.
    12. alphastryk: Icatian Store, Icatian Store, Windborn Muse, Windborn Muse / 2-2, Unfortunately protection only goes so far.

I was hoping Honor Guard would be at least somewhat disruptive, let's see how that works out!

1. Asthereal (TO): Dwarven Ruins, Fanatical Firebrand, Fanatical Firebrand, Gargadon 6-0
    Firebrand can't profitably chump horror because it tramples, I'm just too fast overall.

2. dte: Stomping Ground, Llanowar mentor, Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre, Kris mage 6-0
    Once again, horror's trample is relevant, you can't make 7/7 worth of stats before I kill you.

3. Reeplcheep: Karakas, Azorius Chancery, Alirios, Enraptured, Inquisitive Puppet 6-0
    Funnily enough, Honor Guard prevents alirios from making the token!

4. GoblinSmashmaster: Great Furance, Goblin Welder, Insolent Neonate, Noxious Gearhulk 6-0
    Honor Guard is again relevant. OTD, you can hit me for 5 on turn 3, but then I play horror and you can't attack turn 4, I then attack for 7 on my turn 4 and end up winning the race.

5. Nasst: Tocatli Honor Guard, Hunted Horror, Goldmire Bridge, Swamp That's me!

6. FTW: Havenwood Battleground, Copperline Gorge, Fanatical Firebrand, Anurid Scavenger 6-0
    I just win the race, Horror's trample makes Scavenger's pro-black irrelevant.

7. PJim: Ancient Spring, Bazaar of Baghdad, Priest of Fell Rites, Serra's Emissary 0-6
    Emisary's not a trigger, right? So I can't do anything about it.

8. Wrath of Pie: Saprazzan Cove, Dust Bowl, Mind Flayer, Brazen Borrower 6-0
    These cards just don't interact very well with mine, Dust Bowl can't kill my lands, and You need to bounce Honor Guard to be able to Flayer my horror, which is just way too much mana

9. RoosterCocoa: Blackcleave Cliffs, Molten Slagheap, Shadow Guildmage, Glorybringer 6-0
    I'm just too fast, glorybringer couldn't beat horror even if it could come down sooner.

10. maxx!: Mother of Runes, Deathrite Shaman, Bloodhall Ooze, Ancient Ziggurat 0-6
    Ooze ends up outclassing Horror fast enough.

11. silkster: Ruins of Trokair, Gemstone Mine, Meddling Mage, Priest of the Blessed Graf 0-6
    Meddling mage is again, not a trigger, so I can't do anything about that.

12. alphastryk: Icatian Store, Icatian Store, Windborn Muse, Windborn Muse 6-0
    I'm fast enough, and can attack even with 1 muse in play.

48-12! I'm happy with my performance. Funnily enough, Horror's trample seemed to be even more relevant than Honor Guard's ability.

Please let me know if I did something wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by PJim View Post
    1. Asthereal (TO): Dwarven Ruins, Fanatical Firebrand, Fanatical Firebrand, Gargadon / 3-3, Two Firebrands before I go off wins, Emissary wins.
    Can't Asthereal draw OTD? By playing both Firebrands on turn 2, and then having nothing left to do.

8. Wrath of Pie: Saprazzan Cove, Dust Bowl, Mind Flayer, Brazen Borrower 6-0
    These cards just don't interact very well with mine, Dust Bowl can't kill my lands, and You need to bounce Honor Guard to be able to Flayer my horror, which is just way too much mana
    WoP could bounce Honor Guard in response to you casting Horror, with the 2 3/3 pro-blacks he'd presumably win. If you refuse to cast Horror he can make plenty of mana to blow up a land and drop his dudes. Edit: Just OTP. 3-3?

Can't Asthereal draw OTD? By playing both Firebrands on turn 2, and then having nothing left to do.
    Yep, good catch.

WoP could bounce Honor Guard in response to you casting Horror, with the 2 3/3 pro-blacks he'd presumably win. If you refuse to cast Horror he can make plenty of mana to blow up a land and drop his dudes. I think it's 6-0 in his favor.
    Wow, I totally missed that! He can't blow up my lands though, since it's a basic and and indestructible one, so I can just keep attacking with Honor Guard, right? Until he Mind Flayers, but that turn I'm safe to make horror. He can wait until he can bounce honor guard and play mind flayer, or even bounce honor guard and play both of his creatures, but that makes no difference.

Feb 2014

1. Asthereal (TO): Dwarven Ruins, Fanatical Firebrand, Fanatical Firebrand, Gargadon
    3-3. My deck is immune to one fanatical, but two?? Fortunately your land always enters tapped, not mine.

me, pinging/flooding.

3. Reeplcheep: Karakas, Azorius Chancery, Alirios, Enraptured, Inquisitive Puppet
    6-0. You are creating a 3/2 every two turns, I am creating a 1/1 every turn, and start earlier. Worse, you have to take the initiative or I ulamog your karakas.

4. GoblinSmashmaster: Great Furance, Goblin Welder, Insolent Neonate, Noxious Gearhulk
    3-3. OTP I kill welder, OTP I am a bit too slow and I think I die before being able to kill gearhulk.

0-6. Nice deck, and welcome! You are too fast for me with trample.

6. FTW: Havenwood Battleground, Copperline Gorge, Fanatical Firebrand, Anurid Scavenger
    0-6 I guess? Copperline gorge is banned. Fortunately, mountain does the same thing?

0-6

6-0. I do not care about any of these.

9. RoosterCocoa: Blackcleave Cliffs, Molten Slagheap, Shadow Guildmage, Glorybringer
    3-3, whoever lands a pinger first I guess

6-0. OTP I kill everything but DRS, then ulamog. OTD:
    mom / kriss
    DRS / pass
    ooze, ping mom, protect itself / kill ooze
    I do not see an order that saves you.

11. silkster: Ruins of Trokair, Gemstone Mine, Meddling Mage, Priest of the Blessed Graf
    Nice deck, but I wont wish you success as I dont want to see those ban at all!
    OTP I win, but OTD?
    ruins / mentor
    mine, mage on kriss / token, draw ulamog
    priest, attack d18 / pass
    sac mine, token for each of us / pass
    attack with token d17, token for each of us / pass
    attack with 2 tokens d15, token for each of us / pass
    attack with 3 token d12, token for each of us / pass
    you win.
    3-3

6-0. I do have mana

Feb 2014

Wow, I totally missed that! He can't blow my lands though, since it's a basic and and indestructible one, so I can just keep attacking with Honor Guard, right? Until he Mind Flayers, but that turn I'm safe to make horror. He can wait until he can bounce honor guard and play mind flayer, or even bounce honor guard and play both of his creatures, but that makes no difference.
    He can store mana and race you with a flyer once he has the mana to play borrower and steal your horror?

He can store mana and race you with a flyer once he has the mana to play borrower and steal your horror?
    The new plan would just be attacking with Guard until he makes the first move! Thankfully, borrower can't block it. So Horror would never be vulnerable to be stolen.

EDIT:

For clarity's sake.

OTD:

Option 1
    1 - Cove / Goldmire Bridge (20/20)
    2 - Dust bowl, counter(1) / Swamp, Honor Guard (20/20)
    3 - counter(2) / attack (19/20)
    4 - borrower EOT / attack (18/20)
    5 - attack / attack, horror (17/17)

Hopefully it's clear I win by that point

Option 2
    4 - counter(3) / attack (18/20)
    5 - counter(4) / attack (17/20)
    6 - Flayer / horror (17/20)

Once again, I win from here

Option 3
    6 - counter(5) / attack (16/20)
    7 - Bounce Honor guard, play flayer / play Honor Guard (16/20)
    8 - counter(1), attack / play horror (16-17)

Once again, I win from here

Option 4
    6 - counter(5) / attack (16/20)
    5 - counter(6) / attack (15/20)
    6 - counter(7) / attack (14/20)
    7 - counter(8) / attack (13/20)
    8 - counter(9) / attack (12/20)
    9 - Play flayer, bounce guard, play borrower / Play Honor Guard (12/20)
    10 - Attack / play horror (12/14)

And I win from here

6-0. OTP I kill everything but DRS, then ulamog. OTD:
    mom / kriss
    DRS / pass
    ooze, ping mom, protect itself / kill ooze
    I do not see an order that saves you.
    I think it's very interesting that with a Mana Confluence instead of a Ziggurat, maxxl could have drawn OTP! By not playing ooze t3 and keeping mana open to exile Ulamog.

3-3. My deck is immune to one fanatical, but two?? Fortunately your land always enters tapped, not mine.
    Just like against my deck, I think the possibility of sacrificing Ruins for 2 Firebrands can draw for Asthereal. If you open with Mentor then Mage, double Firebrand draws. If you make an Elf instead of Mage, then a single Firebrand killing Mentor, followed by another to kill Mage plus Garg would win.

me, pinging/flooding.
    Don't you draw OTP?

Option 1:
    t1 - mentor / ruins
    t2 - kris mage, attack / play both firebrands, kill both creatures
    Draw

Option 2:
    t1 - mentor / ruins
    t2 - make elf / play 1 firebrand, kill mentor
    t3 - play kris mage, attack / play 1 firebrand, kill kris mage
    t4 - attack / suspend gargadon
    Lose

Edit: Ninjaed

Gargadon is too large for Glorybringer and Shadow Guildmage can't survive until then to help. LL

OTP I can kill all of your 1/1s. OTD Llanowar mentor is slightly too fast for Glorybringer. WL

I think Glorybringer is too slow here. LL

OTP I kill your 1/1s. OTD you are too fast for Glorybringer. WL

Hunted Horror is much too fast for me. LL

I block and trade Shadow Guildmage for Firebrand. Anurid Scavenger is too slow to kill me before I play Glorybringer, so I exert to kill it and win. WW

I can't beat a 7/7, let alone one with protection from creatures. LL

If I play Glorybringer before you play Mind Flayer, you take control of it with Mind Flayer and I lose. Therefore, you just build up mana until you can Dust Bowl to kill Blackcleave Cliffs, then eventually play Mind Flayer. LL

Shadow Guildmage beats Mother of Runes since I can activate it on your turn, you activate Mother of Runes in response, then I activate Shadow Guildmage again on my turn. Since Ooze only grows if you have Deathrite in play, there is no way for you to have Ooze survive to grow, which means I win. WW

Meddling Mage on Glorybringer beats me. LL

I can pay for the Muse tax and exert to kill your creatures. WW

8W 0D 14L = 24

I was hoping for some level up to be played, but Glorybringer is definitely a worse form of removal than I thought. There were multiple times where my opponent had multiple creatures and I could play Glorybringer, but it still didn't win.

OTP I win, but OTD?
    ruins / mentor
    mine, mage on kriss / token, draw ulamog
    priest, attack d18 / pass
    sac mine, token for each of us / pass
    attack with token d17, token for each of us / pass
    attack with 2 tokens d15, token for each of us / pass
    attack with 3 token d12, token for each of us / pass
    you win.
    3-3
    My mind is getting fried trying to think this trough, there are SO many potential points of divergence, but I think OTP is a draw.

T1: stomping ground, mentor / ruins
    BOARD: stomping ground, mentor / ruins (18/20)
    T2: kris, attack / mine, meddling mage
    BOARD: stomping ground, mentor, kris / ruins, mine, mage (18/19)
    T3: make token (on upkeep) / play priest, attack
    BOARD: stomping ground, mentor, kris, token / mine, mage, priest (16/19)
    T4: make token (on upkeep, tapping the elf) / tap mine to sac it, attack with mage, mage is blocked with an elf and shot with kris, eot a token is made
    BOARD: stomping ground, mentor, kris, token / priest, token (16/19)

Now this is a board state that seems like a draw to me. if you attack with a token, tokens trade and we're in the same spot next turn. We can no longer ping and make a token in the same turn cycle since now we don't have Ulamog in hand in the upkeep.

Of course this could be played many different ways, but I still don't see a line that results in a win.

EDIT: Found the line!

T5: attack with token and mentor, mentor gets blocked by a token (priest can't block because of kris's ping threat), 1 point of damage goes through/ eot a token is made and killed by kris, you can't attack with priest, because it will be blocked + pinged by kris.
    BOARD: stomping ground, kris, token / priest (16/18)
    T6: Draw either Ulamog or mentor, it doesn't matter, attack with token

Now priest can't block, because it will die to a ping, and eot the spirit will be killed. so it will be exactly the same situation next turn.

Me. silkster: Ruins of Trokair, Gemstone Mine, Meddling Mage, Priest of the Blessed Graf

1. Asthereal (TO): Dwarven Ruins, Fanatical Firebrand, Fanatical Firebrand, Gargadon LL
    Your ability to sacrifice lands is surprisingly painful to me.
    Locking out Gargadon is bad because you brought 2 damage to the party. On the play, I name Firebrand turn 2, you suspend 4. You got to 18;s-3. To 15;s-2. To 12; s-1. To 9;s-0, me to 13. To 6; to 6. To 3; to -1.
    2. dte: Stomping Ground, Llanowar Mentor, Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre, Kris Mage WD maybe? I tried to do the math and I still don't know. WL
    3. Reeplcheep: Karakas, Azorius Chancery, Alirios, Enraptured, Inquisitive Puppet WW
    I saw Alirios in my search this week, but I didn't think it was good enough yet. I feel like I'm missing something about the Puppet. What's it for? In the past, every time I was confused it turned out that I was just completely wrong, so I'm worried. [15 minutes later:] Oh! It stops Lackey + Sidisi's Faithful, even on the draw!
    4. GoblinSmashmaster: Great Furance, Goblin Welder, Insolent Neonate, Noxious Gearhulk WL
    5. Nasst: Tocatli Honor Guard, Hunted Horror, Goldmire Bridge, Swamp WW
    If you play the Horror first, the token plus Mage race it. Otherwise Mage locks out Horror.
    6. FTW: Havenwood Battleground, Copperline Gorge, Fanatical Firebrand, Anurid Scavenger WW
    7. PJim: Ancient Spring, Bazaar of Baghdad, Priest of Fell Rites, Serra's Emissary WL
    Depends who lands the 2 drop first. Looks like I needed to play removal instead of going wide.
    8. Wrath of Pie: Saprazzan Cove, Dust Bowl, Mind Flayer, Brazen Borrower WW (This surprised me. Math below, but maybe wrong.)
    9. RoosterCocoa: Blackcleave Cliffs, Molten Slagheap, Shadow Guildmage, Glorybringer WW
    Shadow Guildmage doesn't scare me, so I lock out Glorybringer.
    10. maxx!: Mother of Runes, Deathrite Shaman, Bloodhall Ooze, Ancient Ziggurat WW
    On the draw, you can make two creatures, but I'll be able to make a bird and then chump forever if I have to.
    12. alphastryk: Icatian Store, Icatian Store, Windborn Muse, Windborn Muse WW

17W, 5L = 51 points. (with some less uncertainty)

I'm tired and excited and I started shaking when Asthereal's deck crushed mine and the match against dte wasn't obvious. If I counted right, though, then this is much better than I was expecting. While brewing, I think I was overly worried about Mangara. It feels funny when I submit a deck that does well but doesn't get banned because suddenly I have to play around my a monster of my own making. It wasn't until quite late that I realized that Mangara folds to Karakas, which easily be snuck into many decks. I bet maxx! felt the same when his deck even should have been banned but remained to terrorize us. If Brutal Cathar had been legal, I think I would have played that with Karakas and Ancient Spring. I could have played Fairgrounds Warden, but it felt lackluster.

I'm pleasantly surprised by the new diversity this round. Mentor+Eldrazi, Alirios, Hunted Horror (alongside anti-Banisher Priest tech), Scavenger recursion, Priest of Fell Rites-Reanimator, blue storage land (but still combined with an Adventure, just like old times).

I was really unsure about this, it loses to Gearhulk Welder and Lackey decks, but beats most decks that resist a Fanatic. I've feel like Bazaar has probably been better than Insolent Neonate this whole time, but Neonate did win a point by being a 1/1 dude at some point, so maybe I'm wrong.
    I thought that about Bazaar too, but that was because it dodged Lodestone Golem. After Lodestone Golem faded into obscurity (without being banned itself, interestingly), I lost all confidence in the decision. I considered playing Priest of Fell Rites off of Ancient Spring, but I didn't find Serra Emissary to go with it. Amazingly, Wrath of Pie still managed to run 2 answers to it of different card types.

48-12! I'm happy with my performance. Funnily enough, Horror's trample seemed to be even more relevant than Honor Guard's ability.
    We've had a few people trickle in here and there over the seasons (I'm a relatively late addition myself), and most of them get stomped for a few rounds before settling in. I did my write-up before looking at anyone else's, and my easy 6-0 against you had me worried. But damn, that's a huge score. And it looked pretty good. Honor Guard was amazingly good disruption! And your write-up looks great. There might be an incorrect result, but I didn't find it.

We have such different philosophies! Even if I didn't have any success this round, I would wish that someone else does dominate with Meddling Mage because I don't ever want to have to play against it. Mesmeric Fiend at least dies to every piece of removal under the sun (and doesn't attack nearly as well). In general, I hope that everything that does well gets banned. I was thinking a few days ago that if I were in charge, I might have set the bans each round to be any deck that scores 3.3 or higher (which, of course, doesn't mean that that method is "better"). I guess my theory is that I've done what I can with Meddling Mage, and I hope I can move on to something new rather than trying to squeeze out a tiny gain. Without having seen results at large, I think I hope that Brazen Borrower, Priest of Fell Rites, and Meddling Mage all get banned. They seem like the most obnoxious cards this round. I now see your results that you win our match OTP, but I don't see how.

Math against dte: Edit: It's the upkeep creation of a token that I missed.
    On my play, if you play Kris Mage, I lock out the Mentor and swarm you.
    Ruins; Gound (18), Mentor.
    Meddling Mage; 1 elf.
    Priest, attack for 2(16); 2 elves.
    Spirit; 3 elves.
    Now my Spirits can attack. You have more elves, but I can always block 2 of them, so you can't attack until you have 9 or so, but you're dead by then.

On my draw, I think you need both the Mage and some elves.
    Mentor (you-18); Ruins.
    Kris Mage, hit for 1 (19); Meddling Mage on Ulamog.
    Make elf-1; Priest.
    Attack with elf, Mage blocks, Kris mage kills it; spirit-1.
    Now you have options:
    1) Kill Spirit with Kris mage -> draw
    2) Attack with elf -> spirit trades, you wait (to threaten a block) then shoot my next spirit on endstep. Draw Ulamog, continue to shoot spirits. Draw?
    3) Make an elf -> Spirit hits you for 1, Spirits-2. I think this is the same as the other situations but we both have a creature, but mine hits first, so I win. Maybe?

Math against Wrath:
    On the play:
    Ruins; Cove.
    Mage on Flayer; Bowl, C-1.
    Hit for 2(18), Priest, Spirit; bounce Mage, C-0.
    Hit for 2(16), Spirit-2; C-1.
    Hit for 3(13), Spirit-3; C-2.
    Hit for 4(9), Spirit-4; C-3.
    Hit for 5(4), Spirit-5; C-4.
    Hit for 6(-2).

On the draw:
    Cove; Ruins.
    Bowl, C-1; Mage on Flayer.
    Bounce Mage, C-0; Priest, Spirit.
    C-1; hit for 2(18), S-2.
    C-2; hit for 3(15), S-3.
    C-3; hit for 4(11), S-4.
    C-4; hit for 5(6), S-5.
    You can steal the Priest, but he doesn't make you spirits.[QUOTE=Nasst;1098996]

Thread Information