Page 236 of 332 FirstFirst ... 136186226232233234235236237238239240246286 ... LastLast
Results 4,701 to 4,720 of 6623

Thread: 4 Card Blind

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Re: 4 Card Blind

I would be ok for this change obviously.
    But I will play it in its original version if the majority decides to.

Feb 2014

Quote Originally Posted by mattamort View Post
    Does anyone know how to check a card is legal in the format or not? I dont know if it is part of the game, to analyze all the mythics and check if they have not been reedited as a rare, but it is seems rather boring :(.
    Fully agree.

I used "not:reprint r:mythic" in Scryfall: https://scryfall.com/search?q=not%3Areprint+r%3Amythic

I cannot guarantee it is all the, and only the correct cards, but it seemed fine to me.

Sep 2011

There are a lot of rares that were reprinted as Mythics. Some in real sets, some only in promotional sets (eg Zendikar treasures, judge foils, DCI promos, Duel Decks, From the Vault). I think it would become very confusing to try to validate which ones should count as Mythics and which ones are illegal, or checking if a card was at BOTH Uncommon and Mythic in different promotions, or miss cards that have always been rare but were printed as Mythic in one obscure promotion years ago, instead of just checking if a card only has a Mythic symbol in Gatherer or Scryfall.

Edit: If it helps anyone's deck construction, the only legal lands are:
    -The 5 "lose 3 life" spell lands
    -Colorless lands like Mirrorpool, Maze's End

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    There are a lot of rares that were reprinted as Mythics. Some in real sets, some only in promotional sets (eg Zendikar treasures, judge foils). I think it would become very confusing to try to validate which ones should count as Mythics and which ones are illegal, or checking if an uncommon land was at BOTH Rare and Mythic, or miss cards that have always been rare but were printed as Mythic in one obscure promotion years ago, instead of just checking if a card only has a Mythic symbol in Gatherer or Scryfall.

Edit: If it helps anyone's deck construction, the only legal lands are:
    -The 5 "lose 3 life" spell lands
    -Colorless lands like Mirrorpool, Maze's End
    Ahah I had eye of ugin as a legal card because its first printing was mythic :)
    damn. this is so fucking annoying :)
    Last edited by Tylert; 05-31-2021 at 11:46 AM.

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    Ahah I had eye of ugin as a legal card because it's first printing was mythic :)
    damn. this is so fucking annoying :)
    I just go on Gatherer and look at the card. If any symbols are not red, illegal. dte's scryfall filter would do the same thing. Personally I find that easier than having to check every single reprint symbol to see if any were uncommon.

Quote Originally Posted by dte View Post
    Fully agree.

I used "not:reprint r:mythic" in Scryfall: https://scryfall.com/search?q=not%3Areprint+r%3Amythic

I cannot guarantee it is all the, and only the correct cards, but it seemed fine to me.
    Thx for the proposal but It does not work, lotus cobra is in the list.

Feb 2014

Thx for the proposal but It does not work, lotus cobra is in the list.
    Thanks for catching that!

After as 99% of the cards are unplayable, you have to verify only very few cards, the 1-3 you deemed to add to your deck aside the 1-3 boltlands you would play.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    Some of the amended results hadn't been updated into the spreadsheet yet. I hadn't added mine (waiting on others to post) and it looks like others were missed as well. I updated the spreadsheet with the latest results for everyone. Some scores changed. In particular, the bannings would change.

Without Serguei's post or all of jhhdk's results there may be future changes as well.
    Thanks. Looks like bannings will now be:
    Esper Charm
    Frilled Mystic
    Mardu Charm
    Meddling Mage
    Narset's Reversal
    Nicol Bolas, Dragon-God
    Orim's chant
    Savage Summoning
    The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale

Does anyone know how to check a card is legal in the format or not?
    Easiest way is to use something like this.
    And like FTW said just check whether there's a symbol that's not red. If so, it's illegal.

If we add mythics that may also rare in other printings, but not uncommon or common, it's the same except in that case everything silver or black is illegal.

For reference these are the mythic land/spell modals. We'll use these if a banned card was submitted:
    Agadeem's Awakening
    Emeria's Call
    Sea Gate Restoration
    Shatterskull Smashing
    Turntimber Symbiosis

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    I'm willing to go down to must be Mythic in a set and cannot be uncommon or common in another. Gatherer is leading.
    Who's in favor of this change? Who's against?
    Current vote: 3 against, 1 in favor.
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

I’m fine with either “only ever printed as mythic” (what we’re doing now), or “was ever printed as mythic” (allowing stuff like Aether Vial), but I would prefer not to do the “must have been mythic and never been common or uncommon” rule.

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

is there any mythic that was reprinted as a common or an uncommon card? (or vice versa)?
    I'm not even sure about it.

Personnally, “was ever printed as mythic” > “only ever printed as mythic” > "must have been mythic and never been common or uncommon”

Since I am new and never had to build with such a limited card pool and I dont have much time this week, I will not try to convince you. But, as dte mentionned, the # of playable cards is extremely limited and this is not why I usually play to 4CB :D

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

is there any mythic that was reprinted as a common or an uncommon card? (or vice versa)?
    Dark Ritual, Cabal Ritual and Delver of Secrets are mythic in a weird reprint thing.

Which is why I am not doing the "must have ever been printed as Mythic" thing.

This is why I wanted the round replaced.

Too late for that now though, so we'll just have to suffer through the mythic-only experience.

Sep 2011

Fyndhorn Elves
    Kird Ape
    Wall of Blossoms
    Dark Ritual
    Hymn to Tourach
    Cabal Ritual
    Delver of Secrets
    Ancient Tomb
    Lotus Petal
    Aether Vial
    Ivory Tower
    Berserk
    Desert
    Maze of Ith
    Firespout
    Dryad Arbor
    Cephalid Coliseum
    Tectonic Edge
    Tolaria West
    Spell Pierce
    Divert
    Swords to Plowshares

Many others. The problem is many old commons and uncommons were reprinted as Mythic in some "From the Vault"-type bonus product, FNM Promos, Judge foils, or other premium foil-only money-grab prints. You could play a Pauper-legal deck!

To me it would be even more confusing to keep track of all the cards that we traditionally think of non-rares that could also be Mythic in some obscure printing. For example, anyone who didn't know Dark Ritual was Mythic would be missing out on a whole bunch of bigger mana decks.

Edit: Goblin Lackey is another uncommon Mythic, so maybe GoblinSmashmaster would disagree.
    Last edited by FTW; 05-31-2021 at 03:54 PM.

Code:
    rarity:m -in:common -in:uncommon -in:rare
    I think this in Scryfall gets you the legal cards for the current rules. Decided to be nice and share

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Okay, nobody replied anymore, so I'm making a decision:
    We'll play the original idea, so only cards that are mythic and nothing else are legal.

Also, for the bannathon, I'm cutting the results off and ban what's currently the top 3.
    This means these cards are out:
    Esper Charm
    Frilled Mystic
    Mardu Charm
    Meddling Mage
    Narset's Reversal
    Nicol Bolas, Dragon-God
    Orim's chant
    Savage Summoning
    The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale

Since everything took a little longer than expected, I'll give you guys a day extra.
    That should be enough for the small card pool we have.

I'll be creating my deck, and hope to open the round shortly.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

ROUND 3 OF SEASON 10: DEVIANT LEGACY BANNATHON has started.

This round we play Mythic Mayhem: All cards in your deck must be Mythic Rare, and have only been printed as Mythic Rare. Note: basic lands are not legal.
    Zendikar Rising mythic modal lands (Agadeem's Awakening, Emeria's Call, Sea Gate Restoration, Shatterskull Smashing, Turntimber Symbiosis) take their place in the rulings for illegal cards.

I have PM'ed myself my deck for round 3, so you can start sending me your decks.

DEADLINE: Thursday the 3rd of June at 11:00AM Central European Time.
    (That's my time zone. Pacific Time it'll probably be something like Wednesday night a bit past midnight, so keep that in mind.)

PLEASE NOTE:
    The way you send your deck to me matters. Please send it in the way described below, so it doesn't cost me an hour of editing before I can post all the decks.
    Please send your deck as follows: Shatterskull Smashing, Shatterskull Smashing, Warren Instigator, Shattergang Brothers.
    So with card tags around each card, and not above eachother, and with your Username and 4CB S10R03 in the topic.
    Don't forget to keep an eye on the banned list. You'll find it in the second post of the thread, or in our Google Spreadsheet.

After the deadline has passed, I will post all decks on the forum here, and you can start puzzling out your scores.
    If you have any questions, please read the first two posts of this thread first. If you can't find the answer there, drop a message here. We'll answer a.s.a.p.

Also, if you've been lurking on this thread and looking to join, you can step in anytime, any round. That's no problem at all. Just send me your deck before the deadline, and I'll add you to the competition.

I didn’t realize how bad the card pool is.

Are MH2 cards legal? They might make this round slightly less atrocious.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by Reeplcheep View Post
    I didn’t realize how bad the card pool is.

Are MH2 cards legal? They might make this round slightly less atrocious.
    What's MH2?
    But easier: does the card you want to play have another printing that isn't Mythic Rare? Then no, not legal.

Yes, the card pool is incredibly limited. Basics aren't even legal. But we'll make do. I had five possible decks to choose from.

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    What's MH2?
    Modern horizons 2, which releases on mtgo tomorrow.

Thread Information