Page 257 of 332 FirstFirst ... 157207247253254255256257258259260261267307 ... LastLast
Results 5,121 to 5,140 of 6623

Thread: 4 Card Blind

Re: 4 Card Blind

I would prefer to defer judgment until Wizards makes a decision regarding their status on Magic Online if and when they are released there, but I don't see that happening, so I am obviously against.

Unless I am missing something, any card that says “conjure a random creature card” is virtually impossible to adjudicate in 4CB, since the opponent decides the outcome of the random effect and there are thousands of cards from which to choose. How will anyone be sure the opponent is choosing the random outcome most favorable to them? Of course, a card that says “conjure a random creature card” would be unplayable in 4CB for power-level reasons, but even though nobody would *want* to use it, it still bothers me that it would essentially break the game if someone did.

Edit: Pool of Vigorous Growth is the one I’m thinking of.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdsOfParadise View Post
    Unless I am missing something, any card that says “conjure a random creature card” is virtually impossible to adjudicate in 4CB, since the opponent decides the outcome of the random effect and there are thousands of cards from which to choose. How will anyone be sure the opponent is choosing the random outcome most favorable to them? Of course, a card that says “conjure a random creature card” would be unplayable in 4CB for power-level reasons, but even though nobody would *want* to use it, it still bothers me that it would essentially break the game if someone did.

Edit: Pool of Vigorous Growth is the one I’m thinking of.
    You would get the worst possible creature token, which typically is going to be something that ends up being a 0/0. (Phage is a notable exception.)

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post
    You would get the worst possible creature token, which typically is going to be something that ends up being a 0/0. (Phage is a notable exception.)
    You don't get a token. You get a card. BoP has a point. This is crazy.
    But it's also very funny. So here, have an Autochthon Wurm. Have fun with it.

By the way, score right now is 3x don't care, 3x not legal during current season.
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    You don't get a token. You get a card. BoP has a point. This is crazy.
    But it's also very funny. So here, have an Autochthon Wurm. Have fun with it.

By the way, score right now is 3x don't care, 3x not legal during current season.
    Not nearly terrible enough, I'm sorry to say you're not eligible to be a Chaos Lord.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Not nearly terrible enough, I'm sorry to say you're not eligible to be a Chaos Lord.
    A friend of mine who doesn't play magic suggested Leviathan. I was impressed.

A friend of mine who doesn't play magic suggested Leviathan. I was impressed.
    The trick is that traditional Backbuild has been answering the question of conditionally bad creature cards for years. (Chaos Lord has the Backbuild issue of requiring Lotus Bloom mana to be castable, which itself is a liability against Flailing Soldier, but you couldn't know that.)

I have not checked anything related to legality announcements for those cards, but
    assuming Wizards has not made a decision as described below, I’m for at-least-roughly ​ Wrath of Pie ’s ​ idea.

I would prefer to defer judgment until Wizards makes a decision regarding their status on Magic Online if and when they are released there, but I don't see that happening, so I am obviously against.
    Specifically: ​ Not legal for now, to be reconsidered if Wizards allows them in MtGO rather than just Arena

Unless I'm confused, there are now slightly less than 48 hours left before the deadline.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by Phasmoid View Post
    Unless I'm confused, there are now slightly less than 48 hours left before the deadline.

You are not. Deadline in less than 48 hours. Don't forget to send your decks!

ROUND 9 OF SEASON 10: DEVIANT LEGACY BANNATHON has started.

This round we play Go Big Or Go Home: All non-land cards in your deck must have mana value 3 or greater.

I have PM'ed myself my deck for round 9, so you can start sending me your decks.

DEADLINE: Wednesday the 25th of August at 11:00AM Central European Time.
    (That's my time zone. Pacific Time it'll probably be something like Tuesday night a bit past midnight, so keep that in mind.)

PLEASE NOTE:
    The way you send your deck to me matters. Please send it in the way described below, so it doesn't cost me an hour of editing before I can post all the decks.
    Please send your deck as follows: Mountain, Quicksand, Desert, Suq'Ata Lancer.
    So with card tags around each card, and not above eachother, and with your Username and 4CB S10R09 in the topic.
    Don't forget to keep an eye on the banned list. You'll find it in the second post of the thread, or in our Google Spreadsheet.

After the deadline has passed, I will post all decks on the forum here, and you can start puzzling out your scores.
    If you have any questions, please read the first two posts of this thread first. If you can't find the answer there, drop a message here. We'll answer a.s.a.p.

Happy deck building!

Reminder:
    Adventures in the Forgotten Realms will be legal next round, not this one.
    Jumpstart: Historic Horizons is still in flux, but from our current voting it looks like most prefer to keep it out of our competition for this season at least, so that's where we stand right now.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Just want to throw in a reminder that I am out for the remainder of this season. Hopefully I'll have time to jump back in on the next though.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

I really appreciated the break due to my busy summer. I am excited to see if my deck measures up to what people did tomorrow.

I'm just interested in how terrible my entry is going to be.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    Just want to throw in a reminder that I am out for the remainder of this season. Hopefully I'll have time to jump back in on the next though.
    Thanks for the reminder. I had forgotten about that and added you to the list of regulars who haven't sent their entry yet.

Speaking of which: the deadline has passed, and I'm missing entries from many regulars: FTW, Tylert, Gobbo, silk and Serguei, by the looks of things.
    I'll give you guys a little bit more time, but I'll be posting decks tonight, so don't wait too long!

Thanks for the remidner. I had forgotten about that and added you to the list of regulars who haven't sent their entry yet.

Speaking of which: the deadline has passed, and I'm missing entries from many regulars: FTW, Tylert, Gobbo, silk and Serguei, by the looks of things.
    I'll give you guys a little bit more time, but I'll be posting decks tonight, so don't wait too long!
    I just remembered when I woke up a few minutes ago. I didn't think about this at all, and I'm heading out the door in a minute, so I'll just throw something your way and maybe try again in 3 hours.

Sep 2011

Thanks for the reminder. Forgot to check up on this thread.

I'm just interested in how terrible my entry is going to be.
    Mine is probably terrible too, as is the nature of the format, but I really wanted to try out some tech.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

I have a super busy week, so I have to post when I can. So can't wait for the last player. Here we go.

DECKS FOR ROUND 9 OF SEASON 10: Deviant Legacy Bannathon

This round we play Go Big Or Go Home: All non-land cards in your deck must have mana value 3 or greater.

The entries:
    1. Asthereal (TO): Eldrazi Temple, Eye of Ugin, Thought-Knot Seer, Thought-Knot Seer
    2. mattamort: Thought-knot seer, Dismember, Eye of ugin, Eldrazi temple
    3. alphastryk: Forest, Durkwood Baloth, Durkwood Baloth, Dismember
    4. Phasmoid: Eldrazi Temple, Eye of Ugin, Thought-Knot Seer, Thought-Knot Seer
    5. dte: Sungrass prairie, Sandstone needle, rith's charm, Anurid Scavenger
    6. jhhdk: Gods' Eye, Gate to the Reikai, Crystal Vein, Crucible of worlds, Smokestack
    7. RoosterCocoa: Mountain, Keldon Halberdier, Keldon Halberdier, Fury
    8. Wrath of Pie: Calciform Pools, Geier Reach Sanitarium, Chronosavant, Elspeth, Knight-Errant
    9. PJim: Elvish Spirit Guide, Elvish Spirit Guide, Mountain,Magus of the Moon
    10. Reeplcheep: Mishra’s Factory , Mishra’s Factory, Rishadan Port , Cathedral of War
    11. maxx!: Elvish Spirit Guide, Elvish Spirit Guide, Mountain, Magus of the Moon
    12. silkster: Sandstone Needle, Eldrazi Temple, Pillage, Thought-Knot Seer
    13. FTW: Remote Farm, Urza's Saga, Crucible of Worlds, Gideon Blackblade
    14. GoblinSmashmaster: Sandstone Needle, Sheltered Valley, Goblin Rabblemaster, Magus of the Moon
    15. Serguei: Eldrazi Temple, Eye of Ugin, Thought-Knot Seer, Thought-Knot Seer

Please post your scores and cross-check with the opponents.
    You can also enter your scores in the Google Spreadsheet for the season which you can find here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

9. PJim: Elvish Spirit Guide, Elvish Spirit Guide, Mountain, Magus of the Moon
    I really thought there'd be more lands.dec, but Magus appears to be doing a job anyway. This should be so easy to score I won't even bother waiting for maxx to do it for me.

1. Asthereal (TO): Eldrazi Temple, Eye of Ugin, Thought-Knot Seer, Thought-Knot Seer // 6-0
    2. mattamort: Thought-knot seer, Dismember, Eye of ugin, Eldrazi temple // 0-6
    3. alphastryk: Forest, Durkwood Baloth, Durkwood Baloth, Dismember // 0-6
    4. Phasmoid: Eldrazi Temple, Eye of Ugin, Thought-Knot Seer, Thought-Knot Seer // 6-0
    5. dte: Sungrass prairie, Sandstone needle, rith's charm, Anurid Scavenger // 6-0
    6. jhhdk: Gods' Eye, Gate to the Reikai, Crystal Vein, Crucible of worlds, Smokestack // 6-0
    7. RoosterCocoa: Mountain, Keldon Halberdier, Keldon Halberdier, Fury // 0-6
    8. Wrath of Pie: Calciform Pools, Geier Reach Sanitarium, Chronosavant, Elspeth, Knight-Errant // 6-0
    10. Reeplcheep: Mishra’s Factory , Mishra’s Factory, Rishadan Port , Cathedral of War // 6-0
    11. maxx!: Elvish Spirit Guide, Elvish Spirit Guide, Mountain, Magus of the Moon // 2-2
    12. silkster: Sandstone Needle, Eldrazi Temple, Pillage, Thought-Knot Seer // 6-0
    13. FTW: Remote Farm, Urza's Saga, Crucible of Worlds, Gideon Blackblade // 6-0
    14. GoblinSmashmaster: Sandstone Needle, Sheltered Valley, Goblin Rabblemaster, Magus of the Moon // 6-0
    15. Serguei: Eldrazi Temple, Eye of Ugin, Thought-Knot Seer, Thought-Knot Seer // 6-0

62 points

Quote Originally Posted by PJim View Post
    9. PJim: Elvish Spirit Guide, Elvish Spirit Guide, Mountain, Magus of the Moon
    I really thought there'd be more lands.dec, but Magus appears to be doing a job anyway. This should be so easy to score I won't even bother waiting for maxx to do it for me.

1. Asthereal (TO): Eldrazi Temple, Eye of Ugin, Thought-Knot Seer, Thought-Knot Seer // 6-0
    2. mattamort: Thought-knot seer, Dismember, Eye of ugin, Eldrazi temple // 0-6
    3. alphastryk: Forest, Durkwood Baloth, Durkwood Baloth, Dismember // 0-6
    4. Phasmoid: Eldrazi Temple, Eye of Ugin, Thought-Knot Seer, Thought-Knot Seer // 6-0
    5. dte: Sungrass prairie, Sandstone needle, rith's charm, Anurid Scavenger // 6-0
    6. jhhdk: Gods' Eye, Gate to the Reikai, Crystal Vein, Crucible of worlds, Smokestack // 6-0
    7. RoosterCocoa: Mountain, Keldon Halberdier, Keldon Halberdier, Fury // 0-6
    8. Wrath of Pie: Calciform Pools, Geier Reach Sanitarium, Chronosavant, Elspeth, Knight-Errant // 6-0
    10. Reeplcheep: Mishra’s Factory , Mishra’s Factory, Rishadan Port , Cathedral of War // 6-0
    11. maxx!: Elvish Spirit Guide, Elvish Spirit Guide, Mountain, Magus of the Moon // 2-2
    12. silkster: Sandstone Needle, Eldrazi Temple, Pillage, Thought-Knot Seer // 6-0
    13. FTW: Remote Farm, Urza's Saga, Crucible of Worlds, Gideon Blackblade // 6-0
    14. GoblinSmashmaster: Sandstone Needle, Sheltered Valley, Goblin Rabblemaster, Magus of the Moon // 6-0
    15. Serguei: Eldrazi Temple, Eye of Ugin, Thought-Knot Seer, Thought-Knot Seer // 6-0

62 points
    Looks right to me. Same. 62 :)

Thread Information