Page 273 of 332 FirstFirst ... 173223263269270271272273274275276277283323 ... LastLast
Results 5,441 to 5,460 of 6623

Thread: 4 Card Blind

Re: 4 Card Blind

4. Reeplcheep: Dust Bowl, Dunes of the Dead, Thran Turbine, Retrofitter Foundry
    I was interested in brewing around this in legacy, and it seemed great here. I either T3 LD and get a 2/2 or set up a strong engine t3 and LD+2/2 t4.

The entries:
    1. Asthereal (TO): Mishra’s Factory, Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, Quicksand, Sinkhole
    T3 LD mirror. WL 3-3

2. Wrath of Pie: Urza's Factory, Icatian Store, Rishadan Port, Maze of Ith
    I can make threats or kill your port at instant speed if I can get to 2 mana once. WL 3-3

3. GoblinSmashmaster: Sandstone Needle, Goblin Lackey, Flame Slash, Morophon, the Boundless
    Flame slash is a sorcery. Otp I can make a servo fast enough. OTD I believe I can kill your land and then make 6 power fast enough but it’s close. Math tbd
    WW? 6-0

5. dte: Geier Reach Sanitarium, sandstone needle, Stronghold Gambit, Emrakul, the Aeons Torn this is very strong. LL 0-6
    Edit: very strong vs Creatureless.

6. silkster: Sandstone Needle, Dunes of the Dead, Hangarback Walker, Cleansing Wildfire pseudo mirror but you are faster.
    LL 0-6

7. RoosterCocoa: Remote Farm, Remote Farm, Brimaz, King of Oreskos, Brutal Cathar Otp I kill your land and win with a 2/2. OTD I should stabilize.
    WW 6-0?

8. maxx!: Treetop Village, Gruul Turf, Sandstone Needle, Dust Bowl
    Your LD is faster LL 0-6
    Edit: dust bowl is 3 not 2 to activate. T3 LD pseudo mirror. WL 3-3

9. FTW: Stomping Ground, Sky-shroud Cutter, Gods' Eye, Gate to the Reikai, Crack the Earth
    Otp I sac turbine and win with foundry. OTD I sac dunes and the zombie stabilizes due to the life headstart.
    Edit: I have a 7 life headstart but need a 11 life headstart to win the race apparently. WL 3-3

10. jhhdk: Leyline of Abundance, Havenwood Battleground, Llanowar mentor, Kozilek, Butcher of Truth
    I believe you are faster here. Not sure. LL 0-6
    Edit: OTP I can stop you from activating mentor the first time at least. WL 3-3??
    Edit 2: Your deck doesn’t function?? WW 6-0

11. PJim: Forest, Forest, Lush Growth, Thallid
    We ignore each other’s LD. Foundry beats Thallid. WW 6-0

12. alphastryk: Westvale Abbey,Sand Silos,Sand Silos,Dust Bowl you can’t LD me before I get my engine set up. WW 6-0

13 W 9L for 39/66
    Last edited by Reeplcheep; 10-13-2021 at 03:30 PM.

Feb 2014

We play MUD > probably not too much combo > not much anti-combo > we should play combo.
    Only trouble should be land destruction, but it should be 3-3, and people playing karakas but it id not seemed to be the land to play.

1. Asthereal (TO): Mishra’s Factory, Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, Quicksand, Sinkhole
    3-3, T2 Emrakul or T2 sinkhole

4-1. OTP, T2 Emrakul wins. OTD you need to port me off Emrakul every turn.

3. GoblinSmashmaster: Sandstone Needle, Goblin Lackey, Flame Slash, Morophon, the Boundless
    6-0. Bigger dude :)

6-0. T2 Emrakul.

5. dte: Geier Reach Sanitarium, sandstone needle, Stronghold Gambit, Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    That's me, thinking that combo should be the way to go in a MUD round.

6. silkster: Sandstone Needle, Dunes of the Dead, Hangarback Walker, Cleansing Wildfire
    3-3, like Aesthereal

7. RoosterCocoa: Remote Farm, Remote Farm, Brimaz, King of Oreskos, Brutal Cathar
    6-0. Combo > aggro.

6-0, T2 Emrakul.

9. FTW: Stomping Ground, Skyshroud Cutter, Gods' Eye, Gate to the Reikai, Crack the Earth
    3-3, T2 Emrakul or land destruction.

10. jhhdk: Leyline of Abundance, Havenwood Battleground, Llanowar mentor, Kozilek, Butcher of Truth
    0-6. Not sure your deck works as you intended... But Kozilek... So I lose.

3-3, landdestruction

12. alphastryk: Westvale Abbey,Sand Silos,Sand Silos,Dust Bowl
    6-0.

Edit: 46-5 41, I should be 1-4 against Silk and PJim, 3-3 against FTW, 3-3 against WoP. LD doesn't have to go on needle,except crack the earth...
    Last edited by dte; 10-13-2021 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dte View Post

4-1. OTP, T2 Emrakul wins. OTD you need to port me off Emrakul every turn.
    Factory can be activated at instant speed, so wrath of pie can just make a 2/2 every 10th turn while porting.
    3-3

Deck created in a big hurry. Thallid's ability to beat Factories and Mazes felt possibly relevant. I wanted to be immune to Dust Bowl, but that may not have been worth not playing a Factory.

1. Asthereal (TO): Mishra’s Factory, Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, Quicksand, Sinkhole / 6-0, Thallid is enough.
    2. Wrath of Pie: Urza's Factory, Icatian Store, Rishadan Port, Maze of Ith / 3-3, Thallid wins if it lands, making Tokens slightly better than Factory + Store. OTD Port has to tap me down forever, but you can win with big mana.
    3. GoblinSmashmaster: Sandstone Needle, Goblin Lackey, Flame Slash, Morophon, the Boundless / 3-3, Growth wins, Lackey + No blocker wins.
    4. Reeplcheep: Dust Bowl, Dunes of the Dead, Thran Turbine, Retrofitter Foundry / 0-6, We're immune to each other's land hate, but you make tokens better.
    5. dte: Geier Reach Sanitarium, sandstone needle, Stronghold Gambit, Emrakul, the Aeons Torn / 4-1, Growth on Needle wins OTP, OTD you hit Sanitarium, I have to discard Thallid, and I follow up with Growth on Needle to draw.
    6. silkster: Sandstone Needle, Dunes of the Dead, Hangarback Walker, Cleansing Wildfire / 3-3, Faster land hate wins.
    7. RoosterCocoa: Remote Farm, Remote Farm, Brimaz, King of Oreskos, Brutal Cathar / 6-0, Growth wins.
    8. maxx!: Treetop Village, Gruul Turf, Sandstone Needle, Dust Bowl / 6-0, Growth Village (post Turf) and enjoy Dust Bowl immunity.
    9. FTW: Stomping Ground, Skyshroud Cutter, Gods' Eye, Gate to the Reikai, Crack the Earth / 3-3, Crack before Thallid wins, Thallid just about wins against a 2/2 and a 1/1 given a 5 life boost.
    10. jhhdk: Leyline of Abundance, Havenwood Battleground, Llanowar mentor, Kozilek, Butcher of Truth / 6-0, Am I missing something? Casting Mentor requires sacrificing Battleground, so you've no mana to activate it's ability?
    12. alphastryk: Westvale Abbey,Sand Silos,Sand Silos,Dust Bowl / 6-0, Immune to Dust Bowl, Growth on Abbey.

46 points. I hope you're all doing good vs dte.
    Edit: Oh well
    Last edited by PJim; 10-18-2021 at 06:01 AM.

Sep 2011

9. FTW: Stomping Ground, Skyshroud Cutter, Gods' Eye, Gate to the Reikai, Crack the Earth

In a sphere round, T2 LD seemed very strong against the durdly tapped lands. 0 cmc threat also lets me get board presence in T2 mirrors OTD.
    I failed to RTFC and thought the 1/1 Spirit had flying. Should be Dunes of the Dead for the 2/2.

I can go T1 Cutter T2 Crack (making 1/1 token)
    or T2 Crack (making 1/1 token) T3 Cutter if I need to use LD first

1. Asthereal (TO): T2 Crack prevents Sinkhole. Our 2/2s draw. DD 2-2

2. Wrath of Pie: OTP I lead with Cutter and can Crack your first land. If you lose anything other than Port, you can't stabilize with the 2/2 tokens, so you must play Port first, Store 2nd and Maze 3rd. I can remove Port but can't stop T10 2/2 T18 2/2 while you Maze my 2/2. That's fast enough to stabilize because I played a 1/1 Spirit over 2/2 Zombie. LL 0-6

3. GoblinSmashmaster: OTP Crack kills Needle before it untaps.
    OTD you get to cast 1 spell first. If you play Lackey, I can block with Cutter and attack through with the 1/1. If you Slash the Cutter, the 1/1 wins. WW 6-0

4. Reeplcheep: OTP Crack prevents you from casting any spells, but you can play Dunes first to get a 2/2. My 2/2 + 1/1 just barely beat your 2/2.
    Edit: OTD you get Turbine out fast enough to sacrifice it to Crack, then stabilize with Retrofitter + 2 lands. WL 3-3

5. dte: Cool strategy! OTP T2 Crack prevents you doing anything.
    OTD I keep Cutter in hand and play tapped Stomping Ground. This prevents T2 Gambit (I'll get Cutter). If you activate Geier Reach, I lose Cutter and you discard Emrakul (reshuffling back to hand) but then I Crack the Earth and win. But if you just wait, you can respond to Crack with floating 2 mana + Geier Reach activation to save your lands, so I can't proactively do anything. WD 4-1

6. silkster: OTP I play Cutter, you play Dunes first, and I Crack. My 2/2 + 1/1 beats your 2/2.
    OTD you play tapped Needle and I lead with Gods' Eye. Cleansing Wildfire is bad for you (shuts off Hangarback and leaves 2/2 vs 2/2+1/1), so you play Hangarback X=1. Now if I Crack the Earth you can sacrifice Needle, then keep growing Hangarback with Dunes. I can't stop that. WL 3-3

7. RoosterCocoa: Crack the Earth killing Remote Farm beats this OTP and OTD. WW 6-0

8. maxx!: I play T1 Cutter. To avoid blowout from Crack the Earth, you can't ever expose Treetop Village or Gruul Turf as your only land(s). You sequence T1 Sandstone, T2 Village, T3 Dust Bowl, T4 Turf bouncing Dust Bowl, T5 can animate Village. That's fast enough to stabilize but too slow for your 3/3 to race 2/2 + 1/1. DD 2-2

10. jhhdk: Was this deck supposed to have Hickory Woodlot? (banned, I think) It doesn't work with Havenwood Battleground because you'll have 0 lands to activate Mentor and reshuffle.
    Leyline protects you from Crack the Earth, but all you can do is make a 1/1, which loses to 2/2 + 1/1. WW 6-0

11. PJim: OTP T2 Crack stops you from playing spells.
    OTD Lush Growth only powers up my Stomping Ground, so you just play T2 Thallid and sacrifice a land to my T2 Crack. Cutter + 1/1 spirit will deal 8 damage before you get your T5 Saproling token, but trading with Cutter here still loses. You can trade with the 1/1 Spirit, take 6 more damage from Cutter, and get another 1/1 Saproling. Cutter could deal another 6 before you get the 3rd 1/1 to win. That's 20 damage, but the +5 life keeps you alive and you eventually win. If I had a 2/2 Zombie instead this would be much easier. WL 3-3

12. alphastryk: To protect your engine you have to lead with Dust Bowl as Crack the Earth fodder, which slows down Sand Silos. Then my 1/1 + 2/2 should kill you before Abbey can make 3 1/1s. WW 6-0

41 points (12 wins, 5 draw, 5 loss)

I gave up 7+ free points playing the 1/1 non-flying Spirit over the strictly better 2/2
    Last edited by FTW; 10-14-2021 at 12:45 AM.

Sep 2011

5. dte: Geier Reach Sanitarium, sandstone needle, Stronghold Gambit, Emrakul, the Aeons Torn

If I don't play Cutter, you T2 Gambit doesn't work (I get Cutter instead). You have to Geier Reach my hand first, which leaves you vulnerable to LD.

6. silkster: Sandstone Needle, Dunes of the Dead, Hangarback Walker, Cleansing Wildfire
    3-3, like Aesthereal

3-3, landdestruction
    Gambit isn’t just a better show & tell; If your opponent has both LD and creatures geier reach is too slow. I agree with PJim

Silkster should be 1-4 (OTD he discards or puts into play walker and LDs your sanitarium)
    FTW should be 0-6. (OTD discard or put into play cutter and LDs whatever land you play and wins with spirit. If you do nothing he just kills your first land and attacks with cutter.)
    PJim should be 1-4 (OTD he discards or puts into play Thallid and LDs your first land)

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    4. Reeplcheep: OTP Crack prevents you from casting any spells, but you can play Dunes first to get a 2/2. My 2/2 + 1/1 just barely beat your 2/2.
    OTD you get 1 spell first, but each is useless without the other once I kill your land. WW 6-0
    25/18
    23/18
    21/16
    18/14
    15/12
    12/10
    9/8
    6/6
    3/4

Ok you win the race otp.

OTD I sac turbine not my land. Foundry plus 2 mana is more than enough to beat your board.

maxx!: Treetop Village, Gruul Turf, Sandstone Needle, Dust Bowl

OTP I play Needle, Treetop, Dust Bowl to get a turn 3 LD (sac Needle) before you can Sinkhole me. Then I have time to play Turf, replay Treetop, and then Dust Bowl again (sac Dust Bowl) to kill Factory. Then Treetop wins. OTD I can't stop you from Sinkholing either Turf or Treetop, but either way I'll still have the mana to Dust Bowl your Factory. 4-1

I have time to Dust Bowl both your Factory and your Maze (leaving myself with Treetop and Turf). You can only Port every other turn with Icatian Store, so I get some slow beats in. 6-0

Nice deck. Even OTP I don't have time to animate Treetop to block Lackey. 0-6

I missed Thran Turbine and that is some sweet tech! OTP I can Dust Bowl your Dust Bowl (which you have to play out early to cast either of your artifacts). OTD you can T3 Bowl me (either my Treetop or Turf), and then kill me with a Zombie. 3-3

Haha, this is also some sweet tech. You can turn 2 Gambit, which is faster than I can Dust Bowl. 0-6

Your turn 2 LD is too fast for me to race, and I can't stop you from making a 1/1 Walker. 0-6

7. RoosterCocoa: Remote Farm, Remote Farm, Brimaz, King of Oreskos, Brutal Cathar
    OTP I get one of your lands before you do anything. OTD you can make Brimaz and I can't beat it. 3-3

This is me :]

I can play around Crack, but I can't deny any of your gameplan. You'll get a 2/2 and a 1/1, and I'll get a functional Treetop Village. 2-2

How does this work? You have to crack Havenwood Battleground to play Mentor, and then you have no mana to ever activate him. Maybe I'm missing something, but I think 6-0

I can't beat Lush Growth on Treetop, haha. GG 0-6

I've gotta Dust Bowl a second time before you can Dust Bowl me once.
    OTP:
    T1: Treetop / Silos
    T2: Needle / Leave tapped (1c), 2nd Silos
    T3: Bowl, destroy 1c Silos (sac Needle) / Leave tapped (1c), Abbey
    T4: Turf (bounce Bowl) / Leave tapped (2c)
    T5: Bowl, sac Bowl to kill Silos. Treetop wins
    OTD:
    T1: Silos / Treetop
    T2: Leave tapped (1c), 2nd Silos / Needle
    T3: Leave both tapped (2c, 1c), Abbey / Dust Bowl, kill 2c Silo (sac Nedle)
    T4: Leave tapped (2c) / Turf (bounce Bowl)
    T5: Untap, play Bowl, kill Turf (sac Bowl). Abbey wins
    3-3

4+6+0+3+0+0+3+2+6+0+3 = 27

Pretty sure Mishra's Factory over Treetop Village would've gotten me a lot of extra points. Oh well. GGs

This is absolutely hilarious lmao

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Since I totally lost track of time, I spent about 5 minutes trying to make turbo Dust Bowl work out, but I think there were much better plans available.

I can hold both Abbey and Dust bowl in my hand to avoid Sinkhole while charing my Silos so that I can play Dust Bowl or Abbey and activate right away. However, I don't see a way I can ever Activate Abbey Twice, so I can't get my 1/1 past Quicksand (I need to hold Dust Bowl to kill Factory), so we stare. DD

2-2

This is the deck I expected! Port doesn't do much against me and Dust Bowl takes care of your storage land, turning off your Factory. I can eventually generate multiple 1/1s to beat Maze. WW

6-0

Get smashed by goblins. LL

0-6

You get Foundry going way before I get Dust Bowl going and I can't catch up. LL

0-6

Fast combo and I have no creatures to disrupt. LL

0-6

I'm not very vulnerable to Cleansing Wildfire but I can't beat a fast growing Walker. LL

0-6

OTP I can Dust Bowl your second Farm on my turn 4 which is 1 turn too slow. I can't beat either of your threats. LL

0-6

I should be able to hold my Dust Bowl and Abbey in hand until I need to activate them, but if I wait too long you can Dust Bowl both of my storage lands stop me (keeping Turf & Village). I can first use my Dust Bowl on my turn 4 with no interruptions, and you can first use your Dust Bowl on your turn 4, so OTP I'm able to Bowl whichever of Treetop Village or Gruul Turf is in play to stop your Village, and then you can't Dust Bowl both of my Storage lands so I'm eventually able to make a 1/1. OTD However, you're able to Dust Bowl first, slowing my Dust Bowl down and allowing you a second Dust Bowl activation to blow up my second storage land before I get going. WL

3-3

OTP I can start with a Silos, but I have to lead with a Throwaway Dust Bowl to keep my Silos x2 + Abbey, and I don't think I can make 3 1/1s to stall before you kill me - lets find out!

OTP: a t1: Silos
    f t1: Stomping Ground, pay 2 life, Cutter. (a: 25, f: 18)
    a t2: Dust Bowl to throw it away, Silos (1)
    f t2: God's Eye, Crack the Earth (f sac God's Eye creating a 1/1, a sac Dust Bowl), attack. (a: 23, f: 18)
    a t3: Silos #2, Silos (2)
    f t3: attack (a: 20, f: 18)
    a t4: Silos (1), Silos (3), Abbey
    f t4: attack (a: 17, f: 18)
    a t5: Silos (2), Silos (4)
    f t5: attack (a:14, f: 18)
    a t6: Silos (3), Silos (5)
    f t6: attack (a: 11, f: 18)
    a t7: Silos (4), Silos (5) -> (0), Abbey token. (a: 10, f: 18)
    f t7: attack with both, trade 1/1s. (a: 8, f: 18)
    a t8: Silos (5), Silos (1)
    f t8: attack (a: 6, f: 18)
    a t9: Silos (5) -> (0), Abbey token, Silos (2) (a: 5, f: 18)
    f t9: attack (a: 4, f: 18)
    a t10: Silos (1), Silos (3)
    f t10: attack (a: 2, f: 18)
    1 turn too slow, will be slower OTD. LL

0-6

I think all you can do is cast Mentor by sacrificing Battleground? (I suspect Battleground used to be Hickory Woodlot which is now banned) Just Mentor isn't enough as I can produce multiple 1/1s before I die. WW

6-0

I can't beat Lush Growth on Abbey. LL

0-6

This is my not so well thought out entry. I expected a lot more storage lands and thought double storage land + dust bowl would beat other storage land decks.

Total: 17 points

I sent a correction to my deck after the deadline, but before you posted decks.
    I realized that Havenwood Battleground wouldnt work and wanted to go with Hickory Woodlot instead.

edit: just realized that is banned too, original submussion had dryad arbor which is also banned, I understand why you ignored correction.

It seems I am very good at misremembering what is banned and what isn't. Several rounds this season ive encountered cards I thought that was banned.
    Green storage land could've worked i guess.

Scores willnot be fun this round.

GoblinSmashmaster Results for Round "LD"

This round we play Sphere of Resistance: All spells cost one additional generic mana to cast.

Fall into quicksand 0-6

Lost in a maze 0-6

That's me finding more Goblins!

Goblin slash! 6-0

Lost the gambit 0-6

Not Magma Spray 0-6

Goblin slash! 3-3

Goblin slash! 6-0

Cracked 0-6

Goblin slash! 6-0

Goblin slash, then growth 3-3

Goblin slash! 6-0

Total: 30 points

Had time to look over my scores from last week so here goes that. I think PJim does better against me than was recorded, but I might be missing something.

maxx!: Cursecatcher, Mogg Fanatic, Containment Priest, Fury

1. Asthereal (TO): Cabal Therapist, Tidehollow Sculler, Fire Imp, Ashen Rider
    OTP Fanatic trades with Therapist, then my Priest lands. OTD is tricky. I can still Fanatic your Therapist before he triggers, but you get to Sculler me. If you take Priest, then I tick my Vial up to 5 to kill your team, get my Priest back, and lock out Rider. If you take Fury, then I get Priest, and we have 2/2s. If I trade then your 2 remaining creatures beat mine, and I can't race you, so you attack me until I trade or die. 3-3

2. alphastryk: Asmoranomardicadaistinaculdacar, Cabal Therapist, Containment Priest, Fury
    There are a lot of different lines here but I can't see one where I come out ahead. Fanatic can always trade with Therapist, but you can always Fury my Priest and end up with your own Priest. If I don't Fanatic your Therapist, then Therapist takes Fury anyway and I can't answer your Priest. 0-6

3. Wrath of Pie: Ancient Spring, Chronomaton, Tidehollow Sculler, Containment Priest
    At first I thought that OTP I could trade Fanatic with Chrono, get my Priest first, let Sculler take Fury, and then refuse to trade until I got my Vial to 5. That way I could threaten to block Sculler and then respond to you Vialing Priest with me Vialing Fury. BUT you can actually Vial your Priest in response to the Sculler's death trigger, so that won't help. Chrono is too threatening to not force my Fanatic, and Sculler trades with my Priest and lets you get your own Priest. 0-6

4. jhhdk: Mangara of Corondor, Karakas, Burning-tree Emissary, Ghostly Prison
    OTP I get Priest before you can do anything. OTD you can make BTE into Prison before you die. I can make Priest and Fury your BTE, and then we draw. 4-1

5. dte: Forest, metamorphosis, skyshroud cutter, Aeve, Progenitor Ooze
    OTP Cursecatcher catches your Metamorphosis, and Fury kills your Cutter, then Priest kills you. OTD You get your Ooze team, and then I have to try to survive to turn 5 for Fury.
    T1: Oozes / Fanatic
    T2: Attack (11L) / Priest
    T3: Attack (block the 3/3 with Priest, chump 4/4 with Fanatic then ping the 3/3, 9L) / Pass
    T4: Attack (3L) / Pass
    T5: I'm dead
    3-3

6. PJim: Cabal Therapist, Containment Priest, Lightning Skelemental, Fury
    OTP Fanatic trades with Therapist, then I get my Priest. That forces Fury, and then I can't beat your Priest. 0-6

7. GoblinSmashmaster: Mogg Fanatic, Restoration Angel, Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker, Fury
    This is tough. OTP I can strand Priest in my hand to try to get to Vial 5 before you, but that doesn't help. You can Angel on 4, forcing me to Fury or die to the combo, but then you can just Fury my Fury and win from there. 0-6

8. FTW: Asmoranomardicadaistinaculdacar, Cabal Therapist, Containment Priest, Pyrokinesis
    Maybe Cursecatcher actually does something? OTP I lead with Cursecatcher, and you EOT Asmo and then main phase Therapist. I Fury your team and then stick Priest. OTD you can Priest before me, and Therapist shuts off my ability to Fury. 3-3

9. silkster: Asmoranomardicadaistinaculdacar, Fourth Bridge Prowler, Containment Priest, Grist, the Hunger Tide
    OTP I get Priest first and Fury whatever you have in play. OTD you can Priest first, forcing my Fury, but you'll still have Asmo. Since Grist is a Swamp, you can actually hold Prowler until after I fury, and kill my Cursecatcher, leaving Asmo vs Priest. 3-3

10. RoosterCocoa: Cabal Therapist, Containment Priest, Solitude, Solitude
    Cursecatcher can't stop Solitude, which I think makes this matchup the same as PJim. I have to Fanatic Therapist, which means you can answer my Priest but I can't answer yours. 0-6

11. maxx!: Cursecatcher, Mogg Fanatic, Containment Priest, Fury
    This is me :]

12. Reeplcheep: Impulsive Pilferer, Swamp, Cull the Meek, Angrath, The Flame-Chained
    OTP Cursecatcher counters Culling the Weak. OTD Angrath lands and I definitely can't beat that. 3-3

3+0+0+4+3+0+0+3+3+0+3 = 19. Not good

Feb 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Reeplcheep View Post
    Gambit isn’t just a better show & tell; If your opponent has both LD and creatures geier reach is too slow. I agree with PJim

Silkster should be 1-4 (OTD he discards or puts into play walker and LDs your sanitarium)
    FTW should be 0-6. (OTD discard or put into play cutter and LDs whatever land you play and wins with spirit. If you do nothing he just kills your first land and attacks with cutter.)
    PJim should be 1-4 (OTD he discards or puts into play Thallid and LDs your first land)
    Indeed I thought I could respond to LD on needle by discarding at instant speed after, but it doesn't work if you target the sanitarium...
    So I take -7 for not understanding my own deck....

Actually FTW is still 3-3, he cannot choose which land he destroys. So OTP if he plays it, I take 2 mana, sac needle, and discard/shuffle. If he doesn't, he discard 2 and cannot crack the earth anymore.

1. Asthereal (TO): Mishra’s Factory, Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, Quicksand, Sinkhole WW - You never get to cast Sinkhole.
    3. GoblinSmashmaster: Sandstone Needle, Goblin Lackey, Flame Slash, Morophon, the Boundless WW
    4. Reeplcheep: Dust Bowl, Dunes of the Dead, Thran Turbine, Retrofitter Foundry WL
    5. dte: Geier Reach Sanitarium, sandstone needle, Stronghold Gambit, Emrakul, the Aeons Torn WL
    6. silkster: Sandstone Needle, Dunes of the Dead, Hangarback Walker, Cleansing Wildfire WL
    7. RoosterCocoa: Remote Farm, Remote Farm, Brimaz, King of Oreskos, Brutal Cathar WW - Brutal Cathar would destroy me, if you could only ever cast it.
    8. maxx!: Treetop Village, Gruul Turf, Sandstone Needle, Dust Bowl LL - Two Dust Bowl activations beat me.
    9. FTW: Stomping Ground, Skyshroud Cutter, Gods' Eye, Gate to the Reikai, Crack the Earth WW
    10. jhhdk: Leyline of Abundance, Havenwood Battleground, Llanowar mentor, Kozilek, Butcher of Truth WW
    11. PJim: Forest, Forest, Lush Growth, Thallid WL - Urza's Factory may be slower at making tokens, but it doesn't matter when I can Port on the play every turn.
    12. alphastryk: Westvale Abbey,Sand Silos,Sand Silos,Dust Bowl LL - Two Dust Bowl activations beat me. Again.

14w= 42 points

Funny that in the spells cost more land round, Rishadan Port was good. (Even if Dust Bowl destroys me.)
    Last edited by Wrath of Pie; 10-14-2021 at 09:49 AM.

Geier Reach Sanitarium does things here, doesn't seem as simple as you want it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinSmashmaster View Post
    That's me finding more Goblins!

Goblin slash! 6-0
    I definitely win OTP.
    T1 dust bowl/needle
    T2 foundry/lackey
    T3 wait, make a servo in response to declare attackers.

OTD I can at least draw.
    t1 needle/dust bowl
    t2 lackey/dunes, turbine
    t3 hit, morophon/foundry (20/19)
    t4 hit/dustbowl your land, make a 2/2. (20/11)
    t5 attack all, trade goblin with zombie./make a servo (20/5)

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post
    Geier Reach Sanitarium does things here, doesn't seem as simple as you want it to be.
    What does it do? Cause both players to redraw their Eldrazi?

Quote Originally Posted by maxx! View Post
    maxx!: Cursecatcher, Mogg Fanatic, Containment Priest, Fury

8. FTW: Asmoranomardicadaistinaculdacar, Cabal Therapist, Containment Priest, Pyrokinesis
    Maybe Cursecatcher actually does something? OTP I lead with Cursecatcher, and you EOT Asmo and then main phase Therapist. I Fury your team and then stick Priest. OTD you can Priest before me, and Therapist shuts off my ability to Fury. 3-3
    I'm impressed you ran Cursecatcher in the Vial round. Next-levelling I never saw coming.
    And here I thought Pyrokinesis (instead of Fury) was a smart way to dodge Torpor Orb creatures.

You can play Sinkhole on your turn 3, and I can play Brutal Cathar on my turn 3. OTP I get Brutal Cathar before you can Sinkhole. If you kill it with Quicksand, you can't Sinkhole so I play Brimaz, which you can't beat without Quicksand. If you Sinkhole me instead, Brutal Cathar flips after I play nothing on my next turn and you can't beat a 3/3 with first strike. OTD you Sinkhole one of my lands so I can't play anything. WL

2. Wrath of Pie: Urza's Factory, Icatian Store, Rishadan Port, Maze of Ith I can't play anything through Port. LL

OTP you play Goblin Lackey on your second turn, and then I play Brimaz on my third. Since Brimaz has vigilance you can't never attack with Lackey while it is in play, so you Flame Slash Brimaz and attack me, putting Morophon into play. I then exile Morophon with Brutal Cathar and beat you down with it. OTD you get Morophon before I can play anything, so you can save Flame Slash for Brutal Cathar and Morophon makes Goblin Lackey a 2/2 so I can't build up tokens by attacking with Brimaz, so I lose. WL

You Dust Bowl on turn 2, so I never play anything. LL

I can't beat you down or keep Brutal Cathar in hand to exile Emrakul. LL

Turn 2 Cleansing Wildfire is too fast for me. LL

You can't Dust Bowl until turn 3, so OTP I get Brimaz before you can kill a land, and you can't beat Brimaz, OTD I never play anything. WL

Turn 2 Crack the Earth is too fast for me. LL

Brutal Cathar exiles Llanowar Mentor before you can cast Kozilek. WW

Lush Growth makes me sad. LL

I think this is a turn 4 Dust Bowl activation, which is too slow against me. WW

7W 0D 15L = 21

This week I forgot that land destruction existed, and my results reflect that.
    Last edited by RoosterCocoa; 10-14-2021 at 01:05 PM.

Thread Information