Page 239 of 332 FirstFirst ... 139189229235236237238239240241242243249289 ... LastLast
Results 4,761 to 4,780 of 6623

Thread: 4 Card Blind

Re: 4 Card Blind

While we wait for H submission I have some questions:
    Do we have a draw step even when we dont have a library?
    Vacation time is approaching. Is there some way we could submit decks in advance (taking our chances with bannings)?

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by jhhdk View Post
    While we wait for H submission I have some questions:
    Do we have a draw step even when we dont have a library?
    Vacation time is approaching. Is there some way we could submit decks in advance (taking our chances with bannings)?
    Yes, you have a draw step even if you don't draw cards. Island Sanctuary was popular in some past formats for example as a pseudo-Moat

Does dredge also work then?

Quote Originally Posted by RoosterCocoa View Post
    Does dredge also work then?
    Dredge works only if you are able to mill the numbers of cards needed

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

I expect/intend to keep going, even during my own holiday, but we could take a few weeks off, if people want. Let me know.
    (PS. Do note that we can't match schedules for 17 people.)

In the meantime, H messaged me he's on holiday and will skip this and potentially next round, so let's go.

DECKS FOR ROUND 4 OF SEASON 10: Deviant Legacy Bannathon

This round we play Duplicity: Whenever a nontoken creature enters the battlefield, its controller creates a token that’s a copy of that creature. (The controller of the creature that triggers this ability is considered to be the controller of the trigger itself.)

The entries:
    1. Asthereal (TO): Chancellor of the Forge, Chancellor of the Forge, Chancellor of the Forge, Leyline of the Meek
    2. jhhdk: Creakwood Liege, Dryad Arbor, Phyrexian Tower, Tel-Jilad Stylus
    3. Wrath of Pie: Remote Farm, Ancient Tomb, Windborn Muse, Hero of Bladehold
    4. alphastryk: Plains, Phyrexian Dreadnought, Phyrexian Dreadnought, Path to Exile
    5. Phasmoid: Elvish Spirit Guide, Thran Quarry, Acquisitions Expert, Shadow Guildmage
    EDIT: 6. Reeplcheep: Chancellor of the Tangle, Chancellor of the Tangle, Burning-Tree Emissary , Lodestone Golem (this one went wrong somehow..)
    7. GoblinSmashmaster: Taiga, Tinder Wall, Priest of Urabrask, Doomskar Titan
    8. dte: Sphere of resistance, ancient tomb, phyrexian dreadnought, phyrexian dreadnought
    9. PJim: Unmask, Force of Despair, Cavern of Souls, Phyrexian Dreadnought
    10. RoosterCocoa: Pendelhaven, Glistener Elf, Tinder Wall, Collective Defiance
    11. FTW: Force of Despair, Unmask, Crystal Vein, Phyrexian Dreadnought
    12. maxx!: Subterranean Hangar, Nether Spirit, Unmask, Force of Despair
    13. Serguei: ancient Tomb, Phyrexian Dreadnought, Phyrexian Dreadnought, Phyrexian Revoker
    14. Tylert: Dryad arbor, Phyrexian dreadnought, Force of despair, Unmask
    15. mattamort: Force of despair, Tidehollow sculler, Wild cantor, Pendelhaven
    16. silkster: Blackcleave Cliffs, Elvish Spirit Guide, Mesmeric Fiend, Bloodhall Ooze

Please post your scores and cross-check with the opponents.
    You can also enter your scores in the Google Spreadsheet for the season which you can find here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    Last edited by Asthereal; 06-10-2021 at 08:50 AM.
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

Feb 2014

8. dte: Sphere of resistance, ancient tomb, phyrexian dreadnought, phyrexian dreadnought

I only considered two creatures, dreadnought and T1 kills Tinder wall.deck. There was a lot of things possible with Tinder wall, but mostly weak to force of despair or weak OTD, tough choice. On the dreadnoughts side, I hesitated between 1 with Force/Unmask (which I thought was tiers 0), 2 with Sphere (went with it), and three to beat the previous two 6-0, and 2*discard.

1. Asthereal (TO): Chancellor of the Forge, Chancellor of the Forge, Chancellor of the Forge, Leyline of the Meek
    6-0. 24 power trample T1.

6-0. 24 power trample T1.

6-0. Sphere wins.

4. alphastryk: Plains, Phyrexian Dreadnought, Phyrexian Dreadnought, Path to Exile
    6-0. OTP Sphere wins. OTD you nough T1, I play sphere (18), take 12 (6), play nough (4), block, play last nough (2).

5. Phasmoid: Elvish Spirit Guide, Thran Quarry, Acquisitions Expert, Shadow Guildmage
    6-0. I get to keep on enough OTD.

6. Reeplcheep: Forest , chancellor of the dross, Burning-Tree Emmissary , Lodestone Golem
    6-0. Lodestone is not good vs dreadnoughts.

3-3. First MU that I expected! One brave enough versus despair :)

4-1. Second expected MU, except I would have played Vein. OTP I play sphere and win. OTD we draw.

3-3. Did not think of collective defiance, but a great take on wall OTP.

2-2. We trade things.

6-0. I can play sphere, or just a dreadnought a turn.

13. Serguei: ancient Tomb, Phyrexian Dreadnought, Phyrexian Dreadnought, Phyrexian Revoker
    1-4. Nice take to beat 2* dread, despair, and the walls OTP.

0-6. Sort of weird way with arbor in a despair meta, but definitely gets the job done vs me.
    Edit: This should be 1-4 as OTP I sphere, arbors, Dreadnought, unmask, attack, dreadnought.

3-3. We win OTP.

16. silkster: Blackcleave Cliffs, Elvish Spirit Guide, Mesmeric Fiend, Bloodhall Ooze
    3-3, we win OTP.
    Edit: 62

Was quite incorrect in my meta prediction, except for the prevalence of nought/unmak/despair decks. That should have pushed me towards 3 dreadnought, and I really should have, would have scored 20 more :) Still worked OK with 2, though.

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

6. Reeplcheep: Forest , chancellor of the dross, Burning-Tree Emmissary , Lodestone Golem

1. Asthereal: OTD, you produce 3 2/2 T1 and I FoD them for the win. OTP Dreadnought will race the 3 2/2 thanks to my 2 additional blockers. 6-0 --> 6
    2. jhhdk: unmasking creackwood liege leaves you with a slow infinite combo. my dreadnought tramples over your 1/1's. 6-0 --> 12
    3. Wrath of Pie: OTP I can FoD muse and race hero. OTD i'm too slow and will have to FoD hero for the draw. 4-1 --> 16
    4. Alphastryk: Two phyrexian dreadnoughts + removal is equivalent to three phyrexian dreadnought... and that's the kind of deck I didn't want to see. 0-6 --> 16
    5. Phasmoid: I can FoD the first creature that you play and thran quarry will be sacrificed. If you play expert, I can show you dreadnought and win with arbors. 6-0 --> 22
    6. Reeplcheep: If you go all in, I can FoD with lodestone on the stack or after you resolve a chancellor of the tangle. If you don't go all in (you play only the BTE for example) I FoD EoT. 6-0 --> 28
    7. Goblinsmashmaster: If you go all in, I FoD and win. If you don't, I FoD whatever you've played and you can't cast the rest. At least, someone playing combo! 6-0 --> 34
    8. dte: OTP, I can unmask a dreadnought and i'll win thanks to my 2 dryad arbors. OTD, my arbors not able to produce mana on turn 1 But I have enought time to unmask and play my own dreadnought to steal the draw. 4-1 --> 38
    9. PJim: OTP, I unmask FoD, play arbors and I win because I have two 1/1 blockers. OTD, You attack for 12 and we draw. 4-1 --> 42
    10. RoosterCocoa: OTP, I unmask collective defiance and win. OTD, you make me discard, I loose. 3-3 --> 45
    11. FTW: You only have 1 threat, I have three. OTP I can unmask FoD to avoid loosing dryads and win. OTD, you have one attack before I deploy Dreadnought and I can only draw. 4-1 --> 49
    12. maxx!: OTP, I unmask FoD to avoid loosing arbors. then you can either try to play nether spirit at one point or unmask my dreadnought but I win in both cases. OTP, you unmask dreadnought and win. 3-3 --> 52
    13. Serguei: FoD / unmask will take one of your dreadnought (you can play both of them OTP because i'll FoD them and win). The remaining dreadnought will trade and revokers and dryads will trade. 2-2 --> 54
    14. Me.
    15. Mattamort: OTP, I unmask sculler for the win. OTD, you play sculler let it resolve completely before getting the second copy, take force and with the second copy take dreadnought. dryad Arbors will be sad. 3-3 --> 57
    16. silkster: OTP, I can unmask fiend or ESG for the win. OTD, you can play mesmeric fiend and let the first trigger resolve before getting the copy and exiling FoD, then take dreadnought with the second exile trigger. 3-3 --> 60

Total = 60.

Another fine round. this was interresting.

We had three decks for this round:

Control with FoD (The deck I played, mattamort playing another version with discard).
    Midrange with triple dreadnought (Serguei was going to play it but changed at the very end to not loose vs combo... but obviously no one's playing infinite body combos)
    Combo with Burning tree emissary and horned kavu (or anything along those line) that produces infinite bodies.
    Control < Mindrange < combo < control. I choose the FoD deck because I thought more people would play combo and it was strong vs unknown decks.
    Last edited by Tylert; 06-11-2021 at 01:31 AM.

By reading the round rule I've definitively known that dreadnought was busted 1mana a 12/12 trample.
    I found some combos decks were the plan was to discard all the hand like Dark Ritual + Priest of Gix + Tar Fiend
    Some explosives deck based on Tinder Wall like Tinder Wall+ Priestg of urabrask + Form of the Dragon

Some controlish deck with Force of despair + Unmask

At the end Controls decks beats Combo Deck. Combo beats double nought. Double Phyrexian Dreadnought beats control.

So I choose Phyrexian Dreadnought to see if you were prepared :)

My entry:

Are you reading the rules you are Posting ? XD :). It is non-token ;)
    Thanks for all the fun and the organization
    WW 6 pts -> 6pts

Your plan is cute but too slow against 2 Phyrexian Dreadnought on my t1
    WW 6 pts -> 12 pts

OTP Dreadnoughts are too quick for you
    OTP I wil not be able to pay the tax for 2 Muses

WL 3 pts -> 15pts

I did not submit 3 Phyrexian DN to beat some combo decks
    LL

OTP I play 2 PDN and you cannot deal with them
    OTD you will be able to discard 2 cards and I will keep land and a Phyrexian dreaddnought and it will be enough to kill you

WW 6 pts -> 21 pts

Let s assume it is the good chancellor otherwise your deck does nothing
    OTP 2 Dreadnoughts beats you
    OTD it is the same as Phyrexian dreadnought are artifacts.
    WW 6 pts -> 27pts

OTP I can revoker your tinder wall and you are not doing anything
    OTD you deal me 20 on T1
    WL 3 pts -> 30 pts

OTP we will trade our DN but I will bew able to play revoker W
    OTD We will trade our DN but you will play sphere before I can play revoker D
    WD 4 pts -> 34 pts

Both OTD and OTP we will trade our DN and you will handle my Other PDN with either unmask or Force. Revoker will kill you at the end. I have just not to play both Dn in one turn
    WW 6 pts -> 40pts

OTP double nougth will kill you
    OTD you will discard my hand with colelctive

WL 3pts -> 43 pts

Both OTD and OTP we will trade our DN and you will handle my Other PDN with either unmask or Force. Revoker will kill you at the end. I have just not to play both Dn in one turn
    WW 6 pts -> 49 pts

You will be able to manage a PDN with force unmask the other one will kill you
    WW 6 pts -> 55 pts

Both OTD and OTP we will trade our DN and you will handle my Other PDN with either unmask or Force. Revokers and dryad will stares in their eyes
    DD 2 pts -> 57 pts

OTP I can play a PDN you can force it. if you do it you will not be able to manage the rest of my hand,. if you do not it will kill you
    OTD you wil be able to play T1 sculler taking my 2 PDN. I will play revoker and you will not be able to block

WW 6 pts -> 63 pts

OTP double nougth will kill you
    OTD you will take mys 2 nought and Ozze will big enough to block revoker after that

WL 3 pts -> 66 pts

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by dte View Post
    0-6. Sort of weird way with arbor in a despair meta, but definitely gets the job done vs me.
    It's not a weird way. Most of the time if someone is playing FoD, there's one card that is solely here to cast FoD and won't be used for anything else. So If you unmask FoD, dryad arbors are free to produce plenty of mana and give two bodies!
    That was a nice tech found my Mattamort to beat the mirror.

Was quite incorrect in my meta prediction, except for the prevalence of nought/unmak/despair decks. That should have pushed me towards 3 dreadnought, and I really should have, would have scored 20 more :) Still worked OK with 2, though.
    I played FoD control because I thought people would try to be creative with infinite creature combos. I knew I would loose to triple dreadnought (or double + removal)... luckily, there was only one of these :)

1. Asthereal (TO): Chancellor of the Forge, Chancellor of the Forge, Chancellor of the Forge, Leyline of the Meek WW on My T2 I'll Have a 3/3 and 2 x 4/4 and you can't really attack into me, after that it s pretty quickly downhill from there for you.
    2. jhhdk: Creakwood Liege, Dryad Arbor, Phyrexian Tower, Tel-Jilad Stylus <--- ME
    3. Wrath of Pie: Remote Farm, Ancient Tomb, Windborn Muse, Hero of Bladehold WL, It seem I get to stabilize soon enough after that I add another I crush you.
    4. alphastryk: Plains, Phyrexian Dreadnought, Phyrexian Dreadnought, Path to Exile LL
    5. Phasmoid: Elvish Spirit Guide, Thran Quarry, Acquisitions Expert, Shadow Guildmage LL
    6. Reeplcheep: Forest , chancellor of the dross, Burning-Tree Emmissary , Lodestone Golem LL
    7. GoblinSmashmaster: Taiga, Tinder Wall, Priest of Urabrask, Doomskar Titan LL
    8. dte: Sphere of resistance, ancient tomb, phyrexian dreadnought, phyrexian dreadnought LL
    9. PJim: Unmask, Force of Despair, Cavern of Souls, Phyrexian Dreadnought LL
    10. RoosterCocoa: Pendelhaven, Glistener Elf, Tinder Wall, Collective Defiance DL
    11. FTW: Force of Despair, Unmask, Crystal Vein, Phyrexian Dreadnought LL
    12. maxx!: Subterranean Hangar, Nether Spirit, Unmask, Force of Despair LL
    13. Serguei: ancient Tomb, Phyrexian Dreadnought, Phyrexian Dreadnought, Phyrexian Revoker LL
    14. Tylert: Dryad arbor, Phyrexian dreadnought, Force of despair, Unmask LL
    15. mattamort: Force of despair, Tidehollow sculler, Wild cantor, Pendelhaven LL
    16. silkster: Blackcleave Cliffs, Elvish Spirit Guide, Mesmeric Fiend, Bloodhall Ooze LL
    Last edited by jhhdk; 06-11-2021 at 05:11 AM.

Force deal with your token, wild cantor wins alone
    WW

WL
    Did not get your infinite dryad

WW
    Sculler turn1

LL

WL
    OTP, Sculler turn 1 prevents you from playing anything
    OTD, Expert Turn 1, discard Sculler and force, I lost despite pendelhaven thanks to guidmage

6. Reeplcheep: Forest , chancellor of the dross, Burning-Tree Emmissary , [card]Lodestone Golem[/cards]
    Do nothing as is
    WL otherwise

WW
    Was expecting way more this kind of deck
    OTP, no combo
    OTD, Force of despair

WL
    OTP, sculler takes both dreadnought
    OTD, Sphere turn 1 wins as I cant deal with both dreadnought

WL
    OTP, sculler turn 1, stack trigger copy, exile, resolve exile trigger take force, copy trigger, second exile effect take Phyrexian Dreadnought
    OTD, Unmask on sculler gg

WL
    Nice one
    OTP, Sculler take Glistener Elf, Tinder Wall gg
    OTD, turn 1 Defiance gg

WL
    See PJim
    WL
    OTP, sculler turn 1, stack trigger copy, exile, resolve exile trigger take force, copy trigger, second exile effect take Nether Spirit
    OTD, Unmask take cantor, Spirit will win at some point

LL

WL

OTP, sculler turn 1, stack trigger copy, exile, resolve exile trigger take force, copy trigger, second exile effect take Nether Spirit
    OTD, Unmask on sculler gg

WL
    Similar turn 1 deck

16W-14L = 48Pts
    Funny round for the brainstorm part, disappointing regarding deck selection. I realized very late that Meddling mage was banned. At first, the deck was Turn1 Meddling Mage + Mindbreak trap (to cover combo), and realized at last minutes that MM was banned. It had two consequences :
    - It makes way more appealing triple dreadnought or double dn + hatepiece that I initially thought
    - It makes me switch to a similar deck but weaker to unexpected decks.

So I should have played my idea of arbor in the FOD / Unmask / Dreadnought shell.

Feb 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    It's not a weird way. Most of the time if someone is playing FoD, there's one card that is solely here to cast FoD and won't be used for anything else. So If you unmask FoD, dryad arbors are free to produce plenty of mana and give two bodies!
    That was a nice tech found my Mattamort to beat the mirror.
    I'm afraid it doesn't quite work that well:

3. Wrath of Pie: I can unmask or FoD hero, and win with dreadnought cause i have two mana. 6-0 --> 18
    Looks like 4-1 to me. You would need 4 manas vs two muses. So you have to keep force for them. T1 WoP land, arbors, 2 heros, 1 dreadnought. Attack with two heroes, 4 tokens and two battle cries. bloc a hero and two tokens, take 10. You cannot attack or lose to the backswing.

8. dte: OTP, I can unmask a dreadnought and i'll win thanks to my 2 dryad arbors. OTD, my arbors not able to produce mana on turn 1 betray me... can't FoD or Unmask one of your titan so you can play both and I will die. 3-3 --> 39
    Here we were both wrong (I thought I lost 0-6). When I am OTP, I sphere, you play arbors, I play DN, you unmask my second one, I attack, you play your DN, no one can progress.

9. PJim: OTP, I unmask FoD, play arbors and I win because I have two 1/1 blockers. OTD, whatever you take in my hand it will be the same situation. 6-0 --> 45
    OTP, PJim takes your unmask, and FoD will kill your arbors.
    should be 4-1.

10. RoosterCocoa: I only need to FoD the Glistener elves for the win. 6-0 --> 51
    OTD you have to discard your hand first
    3-3

11. FTW: You only have 1 threat, I have three. OTP I can unmask FoD to avoid loosing dryads and win. 6-0 --> 57
    OTD, FTW can unmask your unmask, and force will kill the arbors. Then nought gets there.
    3-3

12. maxx!: So it's your 2/2 vs my 12/12. I'll allways FoD your FoD, then attack with 2 1/1 and a 12/12. you can't kill dryads to force the draw. 6-0 --> 63
    OTP maxx! can unmask dreadnought. Then he will win.
    3-3

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

14. Tylert: Dryad arbor, Phyrexian dreadnought, Force of despair, Unmask Probably too slow, damn Dreadnaught
    It's not too slow. It will just never do anything. FoD destroys your dryad arbors and you can't cast anything.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Asthereal's scores for round I failed to read my own rules again and submitted tokens that don't get copied. Also failed to realize that Leyline makes half the opposing dudes bigger. Wow.

Tokens don't get copied, or so I read. I really thought I'd do well with 6 hasty 2/2 guys, but with 3 it'll be... yeah. Not much is what it'll be.
    2. jhhdk: Creakwood Liege, Dryad Arbor, Phyrexian Tower, Tel-Jilad Stylus 0-6
    (EDIT: math OTP: att for 6, Arbors, att for 6, Liege x2 saccing 1 Arb, att for 6 (2, EDIT-or just block, Lieges do grow eachother), make 2x 5/5 and untap Arbor. Cast Stylus. You can now block forever and everything goes downhill fast.)
    3. Wrath of Pie: Remote Farm, Ancient Tomb, Windborn Muse, Hero of Bladehold 0-6
    4. alphastryk: Plains, Phyrexian Dreadnought, Phyrexian Dreadnought, Path to Exile 0-6
    5. Phasmoid: Elvish Spirit Guide, Thran Quarry, Acquisitions Expert, Shadow Guildmage EDIT: one Fiend is 2/3, 1/1 Mage can trade because of it's ping. So it's 0-6
    EDIT: 6. Reeplcheep: Chancellor of the tangle , Chancellor of the tangle, Burning-Tree Emissary , Lodestone Golem 0-6
    7. GoblinSmashmaster: Taiga, Tinder Wall, Priest of Urabrask, Doomskar Titan 0-6
    8. dte: Sphere of resistance, ancient tomb, phyrexian dreadnought, phyrexian dreadnought 0-6
    9. PJim: Unmask, Force of Despair, Cavern of Souls, Phyrexian Dreadnought 0-6
    10. RoosterCocoa: Pendelhaven, Glistener Elf, Tinder Wall, Collective Defiance 0-6
    11. FTW: Force of Despair, Unmask, Crystal Vein, Phyrexian Dreadnought 0-6
    12. maxx!: Subterranean Hangar, Nether Spirit, Unmask, Force of Despair 0-6
    (OTD FoD doesn't kill my guys, but you Unmask yourself to get a recurring blocker.)
    13. Serguei: ancient Tomb, Phyrexian Dreadnought, Phyrexian Dreadnought, Phyrexian Revoker 0-6
    14. Tylert: Dryad arbor, Phyrexian dreadnought, Force of despair, Unmask 0-6
    15. mattamort: Force of despair, Tidehollow sculler, Wild cantor, Pendelhaven 1-4
    (OTD you can't FoD my guys. Cantor with Haven open is a good blocker, so I can't attack much. Second Cantor will be 2/2, which I'd have to trade with. If you make Scullers, one will be 3/3 and one 2/2. Still staredown. OTP my guys all die.)
    16. silkster: Blackcleave Cliffs, Elvish Spirit Guide, Mesmeric Fiend, Bloodhall Ooze 0-6
    (EDIT: Nope. One Fiend will be 2/2. You trade with that one. Then one Ooze will become 3/3 fast, and we a wall for you to hide behind until the other Ooze becomes big enough.)

Total: 1 whole point. I hope. That's what I get for not reading my own rules.
    Last edited by Asthereal; 06-10-2021 at 10:29 AM.

It's not too slow. It will just never do anything. FoD destroys your dryad arbors and you can't cast anything.
    Not quite sure I follow. Phyrexian Tower + Tel-Jilad Stylus seems like that recursion would still work.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Not quite sure I follow. Phyrexian Tower + Tel-Jilad Stylus seems like that recursion would still work.
    The sac for Tower is part of the cost, so you can never respond to it, right?

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

I'm afraid it doesn't quite work that well:

3. Wrath of Pie: I can unmask or FoD hero, and win with dreadnought cause i have two mana. 6-0 --> 18
    Looks like 4-1 to me. You would need 4 manas vs two muses. So you have to keep force for them. T1 WoP land, arbors, 2 heros, 1 dreadnought. Attack with two heroes, 4 tokens and two battle cries. bloc a hero and two tokens, take 10. You cannot attack or lose to the backswing.
    Right. I keep forgetting that the oppenent has twice the menaces.
    4-1 :)

8. dte: OTP, I can unmask a dreadnought and i'll win thanks to my 2 dryad arbors. OTD, my arbors not able to produce mana on turn 1 betray me... can't FoD or Unmask one of your titan so you can play both and I will die. 3-3 --> 39
    Here you're right, and I was wrong (I thought I lost 0-6). But very happy about it :)

9. PJim: OTP, I unmask FoD, play arbors and I win because I have two 1/1 blockers. OTD, whatever you take in my hand it will be the same situation. 6-0 --> 45
    OTP, PJim takes your unmask, and FoD will kill your arbors.
    should be 4-1.
    If he unmasks my munmask, he can't cast FoD and we're still in the situation where I have 2 1/1 and a 12/12 vs 1 12/12. still a win.

10. RoosterCocoa: I only need to FoD the Glistener elves for the win. 6-0 --> 51
    OTD you have to discard your hand first
    3-3
    I have to admit, I really thought collective defiance was a boost for glistener elf... did not read the card :)
    yes 3-3

11. FTW: You only have 1 threat, I have three. OTP I can unmask FoD to avoid loosing dryads and win. 6-0 --> 57
    OTD, FTW can unmask your unmask, and force will kill the arbors. Then nought gets there.
    3-3
    Same as Pjim, still 6-0

12. maxx!: So it's your 2/2 vs my 12/12. I'll allways FoD your FoD, then attack with 2 1/1 and a 12/12. you can't kill dryads to force the draw. 6-0 --> 63
    OTP maxx! can unmask dreadnought. Then he will win.
    3-3
    Once again I forgot that oppo was getting 2 creatures... 3-3 indeed.

Feb 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    The sac for Tower is part of the cost, so you can never respond to it, right?
    You can sac the tokens. And then get hundreds of arbor, albeit very slowly.

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    Asthereal's scores for round I failed to read my own rules again and submitted tokens that don't get copied.

Total: 4 points. That's what I get for not reading my own rules.
    I'm afraid it is even worse: leyline would boost your opponents tokens.

If he unmasks my munmask, he can't cast FoD and we're still in the situation where I have 2 1/1 and a 12/12 vs 1 12/12. still a win.
    Right, your opponents cannot both unmask and FoD indeed.
    And you beat me 4-1, not 3-3 I think.

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Edit: This should be 1-4 as OTP I sphere, arbors, Dreadnought, unmask, attack, dreadnought.
    Can you elaborate a bit?

OTP, I can unmask a dreadought and force a chump with the other for the win.
    OTD, if you play both dreadnought I force and win. If you play sphere (18-20), I play arbors, then you play 1 dreadnought (16-20) then I unmask your other dreadnought, then you attack (16-8) then I play my dreadnought and block if you attack and win with arbors, so you don't attack. Then I attack with two blockers and you'll have to chump next turn.

Looks like 6-0 for me (contrarily to what I said in my first analysis)

EDIT: Forgot about trample... 4-1 it is.

Feb 2014

Can you elaborate a bit?

OTP, I can unmask a dreadought and force a chump with the other for the win.
    OTD, if you play both dreadnought I force and win. If you play sphere (18-20), I play arbors, then you play 1 dreadnought (16-20) then I unmask your other dreadnought, then you attack (16-8) then I play my dreadnought and block if you attack and win with arbors, so you don't attack. Then I attack with two blockers and you'll have to chump next turn.

Looks like 6-0 for me (contrarily to what I said in my first analysis)
    Dreadnought has trample :)
    So keeping a couple of arbors for block does not work.
    I made the same mistake with rhinos before ;)

Thread Information