Page 311 of 332 FirstFirst ... 211261301307308309310311312313314315321 ... LastLast
Results 6,201 to 6,220 of 6623

Thread: 4 Card Blind

Re: 4 Card Blind

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    Saddest part of this story is that Reep sent an illegal deck before, which I caught, but I didn't pick up on this one.

Anyway, it's been rather busy around Easter, and I see there's still a few disagreements. Let's push the deadline for next round a week.
    With Reeplcheep's agreement of my analysis, we're down to zero disagreements. That said, we're only about 36 hours from the would-be deadline, so extending it seems fine (and is important in case anyone saw your post but doesn't see this one). Lots of bans to process!

Quote Originally Posted by Reeplcheep View Post
    2. GoblinSmashmaster: Pendelhaven, Mox Emerald, Channel, God-Pharaoh's Statue Swamp lets me draw OTD lol 2-2
    6. Reeplcheep: Mana Crypt, Grist, the Hunger Tide swamp, Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast, Interplanar Beacon me
    7. RoosterCocoa: Undiscovered Paradise, Crashing Footfalls, Evil Presence, Curse of Silence swamp lets me cast my cards lol 2-2
    How? ​ Daretti will cost 5, and Beacon only gives you net +1 mana.

Feb 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Phasmoid View Post
    How? ​ Daretti will cost 5, and Beacon only gives you net +1 mana.
    Silkster answered that, and Reeplcheep agreed: Reeplcheep has DL vs both ;)

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Standings for round 3:
    1. maxx!: 47 - 4,7
    2. dte: 44 - 4,4
    3. silkster: 41 - 4,1
    4. Phasmoid: 33 - 3,3
    5. RoosterCocoa: 30 - 3
    5. FTW: 30 - 3
    7. Asthereal (TO): 23 - 2,3
    8. alphastryk: 22 - 2,2
    9. Nasst: 18 - 1,8
    10. GoblinSmashmaster: 16 - 1,6
    11. Reeplcheep: 3 - 0,3

Which leads to these bannings:
    Cathedral of War
    Commandeer
    Crashing Footfalls
    Curse of Silence
    Daze
    Evil Presence
    Force of negation
    Gemstone Mine
    Inkmoth Nexus
    Leyline of Sanctity
    Kasmina, Enigmatic Mentor
    Ratchet Bomb
    Restore Balance
    Saprazzan Cove
    Shark Typhoon
    Specter's Shriek
    Tropical Island
    Undiscovered Paradise

And the season standings are as follows:
    1. dte: 11,7
    2. silkster: 11,6
    3. RoosterCocoa: 9,6
    4. FTW: 9,5
    5. maxx!: 9,2
    6. alphastryk: 9,1
    6. Phasmoid: 9,1
    8. GoblinSmashmaster: 7,1
    9. Reeplcheep: 6,3
    10. Asthereal (TO): 6,2
    11. Nasst: 6,1

So yea, dte is on top again.
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

ROUND 4 OF SEASON 12: VINTAGE CREATURELESS BANNATHON has started.

I have PM'ed myself my deck for round 4, so you can start sending me your decks.

DEADLINE: Wednesday the 27th of April at 11:00AM Central European Time.
    (That's my time zone. Pacific Time it'll probably be something like Tuesday night a bit past midnight, so keep that in mind.)

PLEASE NOTE:
    The way you send your deck to me matters. Please send it in the way described below, so it doesn't cost me an hour of editing before I can post all the decks.
    Please send your deck as follows: Mountain, Plains, Forest, Shivan Gorge.
    So with card tags around each card, and not above eachother, and with your Username and 4CB S12R04 in the topic.
    Don't forget to keep an eye on the banned list. You'll find it in the second post of the thread, or in our Google Spreadsheet.

After the deadline has passed, I will post all decks on the forum here, and you can start puzzling out your scores.
    If you have any questions, please read the first two posts of this thread first. If you can't find the answer there, drop a message here. We'll answer a.s.a.p.

Happy deckbuilding!

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Deadline has passed, and I'm missing a few: FTW, Nasst and Gobbo.
    I'll give you guys a few more hours to send your deck.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Missing one entry still. I'll post decks during my lunch break, which is in 2.5 hours or so. Last chance!

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Lunch break is almost over, so here we go.

DECKS FOR ROUND 4 OF SEASON 12: Vintage Creatureless Bannathon

1. Asthereal (TO): Saltcrusted Steppe, Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, Hymn to Tourach, Vraska the Unseen
    2. alphastryk: Metrognome, The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale, Icatian Store, Powder Keg
    3. dte: Island, Foil, Hollow trees, Roar of the wurm
    4. Phasmoid: Sunscorched Desert, Tel-Jilad Stylus, Dimir Aqueduct, Reality Acid
    5. Reeplcheep: Island, Mana Crypt, Wistful Thinking, Donate
    6. RoosterCocoa: Mutavault, Mox Jet, Chain of Smog, Bitterblossom
    7. maxx!: Subterranean Hangar, Army of the Damned, Island, Foil
    8. silkster: Mercadian Bazaar, Pillage, Leyline of the Meek, Metrognome
    9. GoblinSmashmaster: Lion's Eye Diamond, Lion's Eye Diamond, Lion's Eye Diamond, From Under the Floorboards
    10. FTW: Island, Mana Crypt, Wistful Thinking, Donate

Please post your scores and cross-check with the opponents.
    I'll create a tab for the round in our Google Spreadsheet, so you can enter your scores there as well: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Feb 2014

I thought there were 3 DtB, wistful/donate, LED/floor, and muta, mox*2, wistful.

1. Asthereal (TO): Saltcrusted Steppe, Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, Hymn to Tourach, Vraska the Unseen
    0-6. 2 must counter spells. I lose.

2. alphastryk: Metrognome, The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale, Icatian Store, Powder Keg
    6-0. I counter powder keg if played. If powder keg is never played, I wait to play the first token with enough man for tabernacle and flashback after keg. My alternative deck was with metrognome with LED/floorboards ;)

Me, replaying FoW again.

2-2. Great deck :) I counter stylus, I have no path to win.

6-0. What I metagame against, together with mox*2, muta, wistful.

6-0. Counter mox.

0-6. The mirror winner. It was my first version of the deck, but I was scared to lose to 2* mox + mutavault + must counter spell (like wistful thinking). Your version wins the mirror, the stylus deck, and the floorboards, so it looks like it was a much better choice this round. You sweep everyone but Asthereal?

6-0. Counter pillage if played. If not played, the bigger creature is on my side. What is the leyline for, metrognome beats crypt on its own, particularly with pillage back up?

9. GoblinSmashmaster: Lion's Eye Diamond, Lion's Eye Diamond, Lion's Eye Diamond, From Under the Floorboards
    2-2. It should also work pretty well in this meta!

6-0. Counter crypt.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Asthereal's scores for round 4:

1. Asthereal (TO): Saltcrusted Steppe, Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, Hymn to Tourach, Vraska the Unseen <-me
    2. alphastryk: Metrognome, The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale, Icatian Store, Powder Keg WW
    Keg doesn't kill my walker. I can pay for Nacle. Worst you can do is cast Metro, but Vraska destroys it before it makes more than one token.
    3. dte: Island, Foil, Hollow trees, Roar of the wurm WW
    You have to counter Hymn, after which I get Vraska, which in turn destroys the wurm token and then takes over.
    4. Phasmoid: Sunscorched Desert, Tel-Jilad Stylus, Dimir Aqueduct, Reality Acid WW
    I am in time to Hymn Reality Acid away. Vraska's ultimate races the Stylus bouncing Desert plan. Cool backup wincon though. I hope it wins you a game.
    5. Reeplcheep: Island, Mana Crypt, Wistful Thinking, Donate LL
    I scoop to turn 1 decks. Intentionally, though perhaps that wasn't a great strategy.
    6. RoosterCocoa: Mutavault, Mox Jet, Chain of Smog, Bitterblossom LL
    You are faster. I discard Urborg and Hymn to the Chain, but Blossom takes over. Could have beaten just Muta, but Blossom as well is too much.
    7. maxx!: Subterranean Hangar, Army of the Damned, Island, Foil WW
    EDIT: I Hymn you. You discard Island and Foil. OTP Vraska ultimates and the assasins attack the turn before you can make the Army.
    OTD you do get the Army, but they enter tapped and the assasins still attack fot the win.
    8. silkster: Mercadian Bazaar, Pillage, Leyline of the Meek, Metrognome LL
    If I Hymn, you get tokens that kill me. If I don't, you Pillage my storage land. Cool deck! I hope you do well.
    9. GoblinSmashmaster: Lion's Eye Diamond, Lion's Eye Diamond, Lion's Eye Diamond, From Under the Floorboards LL
    Still scoop to turn one decks.
    10. FTW: Island, Mana Crypt, Wistful Thinking, Donate LL
    And again.

Total: 24 points

So I wanted to prey on decks that were scared of turn one shenanigans. Perhaps I should just have played turn one shenanigans myself. This isn't great.
    Last edited by Asthereal; 04-28-2022 at 08:46 AM.

Feb 2014

@Asthereal: you win T9 (V t6, ult T8), so it race a t10 army?

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by dte View Post
    @Asthereal: you win T9 (V t6, ult T8), so it race a t10 army?
    Do I? Might have miscalculated there. Lemme think...

A: land
    m: land (tapped)
    A: land, Hymn - m discards Foil and Island "randomly"
    m: h=1
    A: s=1
    m: h=2
    A: s=2
    m: h=3
    A: s=3
    m: h=4
    A: s=4
    m: h=5
    A: cast Vraska, +1 V=6
    m: h=6
    A: +1 Vraska, v=7
    m: h=7
    A: -7 Vraska, she dies, I get 3 dangerous dudes
    m: h=8
    A: attack for the win.
    Yup, looks like on the play I am just in time. OTD I just lose though.

EDIT: Actually.... I don't even lose on the draw, because the tokens enter tapped, so I get an attack in even if they land.

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

I had the DTB as LED + Floorboards and Crypt + Wistful Thinking + Donate, so I built to beat both of those, knowing I would be very weak to storage lands or land destruction. Turns out there was a lot more of that than expected.

Keg is not good vs Planewalkers. LL

0-6

me

You can Foil my Gnomes, and only make 1 Warm at a time to beat Keg. LL

0-6

I remember this deck! I can't beat it. LL

0-6

Can't hit me with Wistful Thinking without losing to Gnomes, Keg blows up Crypt if you ever try to Donate it. Gnomes take it. WW

6-0

If you Smog me, I get Gnomes and throw it back at you to hit Bitterblossom. My 4 Gnomes vs your Mutavault is a draw as neither of us can attack profitably. If you choose not to Smog me but instead jam Bitterblossom, that's harder for me to deal with. OTD you can do t1 Bitterblossom, t2 Smog and I don't see a way for me to win. OTP is not much better. LL

0-6

In a game that goes forever, you can store a ton of mana to beat Tabernacle. Being able to actually cast Army normally and with Flashback beats Keg as well. Metrognome is just too slow. LL

0-6

Your Gnomes are bigger than mine, *and* you have land destruction. You're always able to blow up my storage eland before I start making Gnomes, and the best I can do is play out Tabernacle & Keg, then ramp Keg to 4. You can wait essentially forever to build up storage mana mana to pay for Tabernacle after making a Gnome even if I blow up Metrognome. I've been out-Gnomed. LL

0-6

Tabernacle. WW

6-0

Can't hit me with Wistful Thinking without losing to Gnomes, Keg blows up Crypt if you ever try to Donate it. Gnomes take it. WW

6-0

Total: 18 points. I beat the decks I metagamed against and lost to everything else :/

Sep 2011

I wanted to Foil combo, so I went through Madness and reshuffle effects but couldn't come up with a threat that doesn't draw if opponent does nothing. Then I thought Foil would be hard enough to use that it wouldn't see play (and FoW + FoN + Daze + Commandeer are banned), so running out of time I submitted the obvious DTB combo hoping to 3-3 other combo.

Storage land + flashback tokens is good tech! I had no idea there was a noncreature Sand Golem. Good tech too!

1. Asthereal (TO): My discard's 1 turn faster. WW 6-0
    2. alphastryk: Your 4 1/1s race my Crypt, so you aren't forced to Keg on 0 (which would kill your tokens too). LL 0-6
    3. dte: If I don't play Crypt into Foil, you pay 7 for a 6/6 Wurm that races my Donated Crypt. LL 0-6
    4. Phasmoid: OTD you get Stylus + Desert, but you awkwardly can't Stylus back the Donated Mana Crypt. WW 6-0
    5. Reeplcheep: T1 combo mirror. WL 3-3
    6. RoosterCocoa: OTP I discard your hand. OTD I can't keep enough cards to do anything, so I copy to discard your Bitterblossom and lose to Mutavault. WL 3-3
    7. maxx!: If I don't play Crypt into Foil, you pay 8 for 13 tapped 2/2s that race my Crypt. LL 0-6
    8. silkster: If I don't play Wistful and T1 Donate Crypt, it races your slow Metronome.
    Edit: Now I see the power of Pillage over other LD. You can Pillage the Crypt and win. LL 0-6
    9. GoblinSmashmaster: T1 combo mirror. WL 3-3

21 points (7 wins, 11 loss)

Obvious combo gets hated on and survives another round.

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post

I wanted to Foil combo, so I went through Madness and reshuffle effects but couldn't come up with a threat that doesn't draw if opponent does nothing. Then I thought Foil would be hard enough to use that it wouldn't see play (and FoW + FoN + Daze + Commandeer are banned), so running out of time I submitted the obvious DTB combo hoping to 3-3 other combo.

Storage land + flashback tokens is good tech! I had no idea there was a noncreature Sand Golem. Good tech too!

1. Asthereal (TO): My discard's 1 turn faster. WW 6-0
    2. alphastryk: Your 4 1/1s race my Crypt, so you aren't forced to Keg on 0 (which would kill your tokens too). LL 0-6
    3. dte: If I don't play Crypt into Foil, you pay 7 for a 6/6 Wurm that races my Donated Crypt. LL 0-6
    4. Phasmoid: OTD you get Stylus + Desert, but you awkwardly can't Stylus back the Donated Mana Crypt. WW 6-0
    5. Reeplcheep: T1 combo mirror. WL 3-3
    6. RoosterCocoa: OTP I discard your hand. OTD I can't keep enough cards to do anything, so I copy to discard your Bitterblossom and lose to Mutavault. WL 3-3
    7. maxx!: If I don't play Crypt into Foil, you pay 8 for 13 tapped 2/2s that race my Crypt. LL 0-6
    8. silkster: If I don't play Wistful and T1 Donate Crypt, it races your slow Metronome.
    Edit: Now I see the power of Pillage over other LD. You can Pillage the Crypt and win. LL 0-6
    9. GoblinSmashmaster: T1 combo mirror. WL 3-3

21 points (7 wins, 11 loss)

Obvious combo gets hated on and survives another round.
    “Good artists copy, great artists steal”

7W 0D 11L for 21/54

GoblinSmashmaster Results for Round "Haters Gonna Hate"

Zombie smash! 6-0

Combo hater 0-6

Combo hater 2-2

Zombie smash! 6-0

Zombie smash 3-3

Zombie smash 3-3

Combo hater 0-6

Zombie smash! 6-0

That's me, playing bigger Goblins!

Zombie smash 3-3

Total: 29 points
    Last edited by GoblinSmashmaster; 04-28-2022 at 03:56 PM.

Me. silkster: Mercadian Bazaar, Pillage, Leyline of the Meek, Metrognome

Casting Hymn makes you dead, so I can pillage on turn 5 before you can cast Vraska on turn 6. Then I win something like 20 turns later.
    WW
    I think you can save up mana then play Metrognome and make a 1/1 then pass, then I have to play my Metrognome, then you make a second 1/1 and end our production. I wondered about playing 2 Metrognomes instead.
    LL

I was like, "oh damn, I really did need that second Metrognome" and completely forgot that I was playing Pillage.
    WW

I thought Mana Crypt would be a bigger thing, otherwise I would have played Dust Bowl. I didn't think counter magic would be relevant though.
    LL

This deck goes 0-6 against everything I could imagine, so of course I didn't plan for it. :(
    LL

I metagamed really hard against this. I'm glad someone played it!
    WW

I think you just make BB and run with it.
    LL

Again I am missing Dustbowl.
    LL

I hoped the fear of Tabernacle would keep this at bay. :(
    LL

Okay, it seems the Pillage/Dustbowl choice was 2:2 for my anyway.
    WW

8W = 24 points.

Quote Originally Posted by dte View Post
    6-0. Counter pillage if played. If not played, the bigger creature is on my side. What is the leyline for, metrognome beats crypt on its own, particularly with pillage back up?
    Otherwise I DD against Mutavault+Mox+Mox+Discard. It probably should have been a second Metrognome though I don't think that difference mattered here. (Really, it should have been Dustbowl or Tabernacle or one of many other things.)

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinSmashmaster View Post
    GoblinSmashmaster Results for Round "Haters Gonna Hate"

Combo hater 2-2

That's me, playing bigger Goblins!

Total: 31 points
    I think you lose to Foil + Army of the Damned because if you do nothing, 13 2/2 will overwhelm you, and you can only get 14 damage in once while they're tapped. Still 29 points for 3.2 round points. Well done! I did not think Floorboards could get banned before Tabernacle.

maxx!: Subterranean Hangar, Army of the Damned, Island, Foil

Math was done above. My tapped zombies are just one turn too slow when I'm OTP. 0-6

I need to save up a ton of mana to win this one, but so do you. At a glance I think I win because I can beat Powder Keg by casting twice, and beat Tabernacle by saving up mana, but this is weird enough that I might need to double check. You can't 1-shot me since you have to make Gnomes one at a time, which makes Tabernacle a huge problem for you. Powder Keg also blows up any Gnomes you had. But you don't actually have to play Tabernacle until I cast Army, and I can't safely cast it until I have enough to pay for the Tabernacle upkeep. 6-0 for now but I might math this out when I have more time.

Nice deck. I agonized over my flashback threat of choice for a long time. Whoever casts first can't play Foil, so I'm happy to just store up mana for as long as you'll let me. If I get to 18 mana then I just cast twice and beat you, so you'll need to act before that, but Roar costs 7 and Army costs 8, so at best you'll get 2 attacks before my Zombies untap. 6-0

Since Reality Acid can destroy my land, I have to counter it. Stylus and Desert alone will take ~20 turns to kill me, and I can save up 10 mana to make my Army and attack faster than that. Saving Reality Acid doesn't help you and just lets me cast Army a couple turns earlier. 6-0

Foil Mana Crypt shuts off your deck and then I kill you with Zombies. 6-0

Foil on Mox Jet locks you out of doing anything. 6-0

This is me :]

I have to save Foil for Pillage, but you don't actually have to cast it right away. It takes you 8 mana to make your first Gnome, and it takes me 8 mana to make 13 Zombies. If you Pillage me, that slows me down by 2 turns, but slows you down by at least 3. 6-0

If you try to combo, I Foil Floorboards. If you sit and wait, I save up mana until I can cast Army twice. Even if you make all your Zombies during my end step so they can attack immediately, 7 Zombies won't kill me in one hit. But 26 Zombies will definitely kill you on my next turn. 6-0

Foil Mana Crypt. 6-0

0+6+6+6+6+6+6+6+6 = 48

Since both Forces are banned I started looking into T1 combo, and trying to find the best version of that. Then I realized that they were all extremely weak to Foil, which is a hard card to play, so maybe people wouldn't play around it. Flashback threats were the only thing that really worked, so I got to choose between all the different token makers. Army of the Dead was the only one that actually beat LED/Floorboards, even though it lost most races to Mutavault. Turns out it was the right call this round.

You can't beat Chain of Smog. WW

If you ever play Tabernacle, I use Chain of Smog so you can't pay for any tokens and I eventually win with Mutavault. If you instead play Icatian Store, I just play Bitterblossom and begin attacking. OTD you play Store, I play Bitterblossom. Then you put a counter on Store, I go to 19 and get a Faerie and attack you to 18 with Mutavault. You then put a second counter on Store, then I go to 18 and make a second Faerie. I attack you with only the Faerie token to put you at 17, and play Chain of Smog. If you discard Metrognome and Tabernacle, Powder Keg can either destroy all of our tokens and my Mox, giving me the win with Bitterblossom, or it can destroy Bitterblossom, and I win by attacking with my Faeries and keeping Mutavault back to block. If you instead discard Metrognome and Powder Keg, Tabernacle means you can't pay for your Metrognome tokens so I win with Mutavault. WW

I can't beat Foil or wait you out. LL

Chain of Smog means you never can play Reality Acid, and I am faster than you dealing one damage per turn with Sunscorched Desert. WW

OTP you can't do anything after Chain of Smog, OTD I have no cards. WL

I can't beat Foil or wait you out. LL

Leyline of the Meek is symmetrical, so it also helps my Faeries. I play Bitterblossom on turn 1, and don't play Chain of Smog. Metrognome is much too slow to catch up with Bitterblossom's token production, so I win. WW

OTP you can only get one zombie after Chain of Smog, which I can beat. OTD I can't beat your zombies. WL

OTP you can't do anything after Chain of Smog, OTD I have no cards. WL

11W 0D 7L = 33

I wanted to fit 2 threats into the Wishful Thinking list, so I figured that in most cases discarding 2 cards is the same as discarding your whole hand and switched to Chain of Smog.

4. Phasmoid ​ : ​ ​ ​ Sunscorched Desert ​ , ​ Tel-Jilad Stylus ​ , ​ Dimir Aqueduct ​ , ​ Reality Acid

1. Asthereal (TO): Saltcrusted Steppe, Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, Hymn to Tourach, Vraska the Unseen ​ LL 0-6
    T2 Tourach trashes my threat, and raska races my recursion.

2. alphastryk: Metrognome, The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale, Icatian Store, Powder Keg ​ WW 6-0
    Icatian Store gets sacrificed before you can cast anything with it.

3. dte: Island, Foil, Hollow trees, Roar of the wurm ​ DD 2-2
    Foil means I can't win. ​ The simplest way for me to draw is holding both of my spells until you cast Roar of the Wurm.
    You doing so is the only way you might win, and that shuts off Foil. ​ You can't cast Roar of the Wurm
    before T3, so I can then use Stylus+Acid recursion to limit ensure I take at most 18 damage.

4. me: Sunscorched Desert, Tel-Jilad Stylus, Dimir Aqueduct, Reality Acid
    This is me.

5. Reeplcheep: Island, Mana Crypt, Wistful Thinking, Donate ​ LL 0-6
    Mana Crypt is far faster than Stylus+Desert recursion.

6. RoosterCocoa: Mutavault, Mox Jet, Chain of Smog, Bitterblossom ​ LL 0-6
    Even without Mutavault's attacks, T2 Bitterblossom will win for you on your T9,
    which is faster than you would lose to Bitterblossom+Desert+Stylus.

7. maxx!: Subterranean Hangar, Army of the Damned, Island, Foil ​ LL 0-6
    You Foil Reality Acid, and your Army wins for you far faster than you would lose to Desert+Acid.

8. silkster: Mercadian Bazaar, Pillage, Leyline of the Meek, Metrognome ​ WW 6-0
    Mercadian Bazaar gets sacrificed before you can cast anything with it.

9. GoblinSmashmaster: Lion's Eye Diamond, Lion's Eye Diamond, Lion's Eye Diamond, From Under the Floorboards ​ LL 0-6
    Zombies smash

10. FTW: Island, Mana Crypt, Wistful Thinking, Donate ​ LL 0-6
    Mana Crypt is far faster than Stylus+Desert recursion.

6 LL ​ + ​ 1 DD ​ + ​ 2 WW ​ ​ ​ = ​ ​ ​ 14 points

Thread Information