Page 312 of 332 FirstFirst ... 212262302308309310311312313314315316322 ... LastLast
Results 6,221 to 6,240 of 6623

Thread: 4 Card Blind

Re: 4 Card Blind

Quote Originally Posted by dte View Post
    disagreement :-D ​ ​ ​ only 14 points for me

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    4. Phasmoid: Sunscorched Desert, Tel-Jilad Stylus, Dimir Aqueduct, Reality Acid WW
    I am in time to Hymn Reality Acid away. Vraska's ultimate races the Stylus bouncing Desert plan. Cool backup wincon though. I hope it wins you a game.
    It's not a backup wincon; it's my only wincon.

The spreadsheet has GoblinSmashmaster scoring 2 against maxx!, but it has maxx!
    scoring 6 against GoblinSmashMaster, and in the thread, they now seem to agree on 6-0.

Quote Originally Posted by Phasmoid View Post
    The spreadsheet has GoblinSmashmaster scoring 2 against maxx!, but it has maxx!
    scoring 6 against GoblinSmashMaster, and in the thread, they now seem to agree on 6-0.
    I was the one who put in most of the scores for people who had already done writeups, then I noticed that mismatch and pointed it out at the bottom of my own post. GoblinSmashmaster must have seen it and edited the post but not changed the entry (not knowing that there was an entry to change because I was the one who put it in). With agreement, I've changed it now. It looks like the banlist is going to grow by this list which I wouldn't have formatted except that once I'm making the list for my own curiosity I might as well format in a way that lets Asthereal copy+paste:

Army of the Damned
    Bitterblossom
    Chain of Smog
    Foil
    From Under the Floorboards
    Hollow Trees
    Lion's Eye Diamond
    Mox Jet
    Mutavault
    Roar of the Wurm
    Subterranean Hangar

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Excellent. Let's ahve a look at the standings for round 4:
    1. maxx!: 48 - 5,3
    2. dte: 34 - 3,8
    3. RoosterCocoa: 33 - 3,7
    4. GoblinSmashmaster: 29 - 3,2
    5. Asthereal (TO): 24 - 2,7
    5. silkster: 24 - 2,7
    7. Reeplcheep: 21 - 2,3
    7. FTW: 21 - 2,3
    9. alphastryk: 18 - 2
    10. Phasmoid: 14 - 1,6

Leading, as mentioned, to these bannings:
    Army of the Damned
    Bitterblossom
    Chain of Smog
    Foil
    From Under the Floorboards
    Hollow Trees
    Lion's Eye Diamond
    Mox Jet
    Mutavault
    Roar of the Wurm
    Subterranean Hangar

And the season now looks as follows:
    1. dte: 15,5
    2. maxx!: 14,5
    3. silkster: 14,3
    4. RoosterCocoa: 13,3
    5. FTW: 11,8
    6. alphastryk: 11,1
    7. Phasmoid: 10,7
    8. GoblinSmashmaster: 10,3
    9. Asthereal (TO): 8,9
    10. Reeplcheep: 8,6
    11. Nasst: 6,1
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

ROUND 5 OF SEASON 12: VINTAGE CREATURELESS BANNATHON has started.

I have PM'ed myself my deck for round 5, so you can start sending me your decks.

DEADLINE: Wednesday the 4th of May at 11:00AM Central European Time.
    (That's my time zone. Pacific Time it'll probably be something like Tuesday night a bit past midnight, so keep that in mind.)

PLEASE NOTE:
    The way you send your deck to me matters. Please send it in the way described below, so it doesn't cost me an hour of editing before I can post all the decks.
    Please send your deck as follows: Mountain, Plains, Forest, Shivan Gorge.
    So with card tags around each card, and not above eachother, and with your Username and 4CB S12R05 in the topic.
    Don't forget to keep an eye on the banned list. You'll find it in the second post of the thread, or in our Google Spreadsheet.

After the deadline has passed, I will post all decks on the forum here, and you can start puzzling out your scores.
    If you have any questions, please read the first two posts of this thread first. If you can't find the answer there, drop a message here. We'll answer a.s.a.p.

Happy deckbuilding!

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Deadline has passed, and I'm missing FTW, and perhaps Nasst if you're still interested to play.
    I'll give you guys a few more hours while I do work stuff.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

FTW's deck is in, and I'm done at work, so let's go:

DECKS FOR ROUND 5 OF SEASON 12: Vintage Creatureless Bannathon

1. Asthereal (TO): Island, Mana Crypt, Wistful Thinking, Donate
    2. dte: Channel, Mox emerald, Karn liberated, Lair of the hydra
    3. alphastryk: Island, Inkmoth Nexus, Misdirection, Sea's Claim
    4. Reeplcheep: Gemstone Caverns, Memory’s Journey, The blackstaff of waterdeep, Mox Sapphire
    5. GoblinSmashmaster: Crystal Vein, Mana Crypt, Karn, the Great Creator, Liquimetal Coating
    6. RoosterCocoa: Swamp, Mox Pearl, Gerrard's Verdict, Dreadhorde Invasion
    7. Phasmoid: Den of the Bugbear, Molten Slagheap, Cleansing Wildfire, Dreadbore
    8. maxx!: Sea's Claim, Misdirection, Island, Blinkmoth Nexus
    9. silkster: Hall of Storm Giants, Calciform Pools, Disrupting Shoal, Pact of Negation
    10. FTW: Mox Emerald, Blinkmoth Nexus, Isochron Scepter, Assassin's Trophy

Please post your scores and cross-check with the opponents.
    I'll create a tab for the round in our Google Spreadsheet, so you can enter your scores there as well: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Feb 2014

Edit: I cannot win against crypt.
    Edit2, I win vs gob with his karn

3-3. T1 combo mirror.
    1-4

Me, playing T1 combo. The hydra was to ensure a kill.

6-0. Not affected by the hate.

4. Reeplcheep: Gemstone Caverns, Memory’s Journey, The blackstaff of waterdeep, Mox Sapphire
    6-0. Exile beats journey.

5. GoblinSmashmaster: Crystal Vein, Mana Crypt, Karn, the Great Creator, Liquimetal Coating
    3-3, t1 combo mirror.
    1-4
    Edit2:3-3

3-3.

6-0. I can always prevent dreadbore.

6-0, no target.

9. silkster: Hall of Storm Giants, Calciform Pools, Disrupting Shoal, Pact of Negation
    0-6. Nice find in this format!

6-0. T1 vs t2 ready.
    Edit: 35. Edit2: 37. Vs crypt I would take 3, then attack for 3 if I were to start the subgame.

Went well with subgames otherwise!
    Last edited by dte; 05-05-2022 at 05:20 PM.

Sep 2011

1. Asthereal (TO): OTP I play out my hand first. If you Donate Crypt, I can destroy it. OTD I lose to Wistful Thinking.
    Edit: I cannot Trophy Crypt if I control it. LL 0-6

2. dte: Nice deck! You steal my Nexus and kill me with manlands. LL 0-6
    3. alphastryk: Inkmoth Nexus is banned? Edit: Trophy can't be Misdirected at my permanents (illegal targets). I Trophy everything and win with Nexus. WW 6-0
    4. Reeplcheep: I Trophy everything. WW 6-0
    5. GoblinSmashmaster: OTP I play Scepter-Trophy, but you play Karn and I can't use anything, then Coating smash! LL 0-6
    6. RoosterCocoa: OTP I play out my hand and Scepter-Trophy beats Dreadhorde. OTD I must discard 2 and Dreadhorde races my manland. WL 3-3
    7. Phasmoid: OTP I get T1 Scepter-Trophy and kill your 1st land. OTD you cast T2 Wildfire before I untap to use Scepter. WL 3-3
    8. maxx!: Edit: Trophy can't be Misdirected at my permanents, so I just Scepter-Trophy everything and win. WW 6-0
    9. silkster: You Shoal the Mox, then unfortunately I can't race you with Blinkmoth. LL 0-6

24 points (8 wins, 10 losses)

I had Channel-walker in my gauntlet and should have just played it, since Karn does a better Scepter-Trophy impression. I think I was too worried about needing a wincon that survives discard. I expected more discard to fight turn 1 combo, instead of so much LD.

I did not expect the other Karn deck at all. Sure makes Moxes and land destruction look awkward.
    Last edited by FTW; 05-10-2022 at 05:06 AM.

Neither of us can beat the other's turn 1 disruption. WL

I can't beat turn 1 Karn, you can't win after discarding 2 cards. WL

Isn't Inkmoth banned? Anyway, you lose to Dreadhorde Invasion and I never cast Gerrard's Verdict to be Misdirected. WW

Memory's Journey means that making you discard doesn't do anything, and I think I'm too slow to win. LL You actually can't flashback Memory's Journey, since you would have to exile one of your other cards to get green mana which means you can't activate the Blackstaff. OTP I make you discard two cards, and you either have to discard Memory's Journey or one of your mana producing cards, so you can't get your 4/4 and I eventually win. OTD you activate your Blackstaff and are too fast for me. WL

Karn can't beat Dreadhorde Invasion, but OTD my Mox doesn't work. WL

I can always make you discard 2 cards, so you are left with your 2 lands which can't beat Dreadhorde Invasion. WW

You lose to Dreadhorde Invasion and I never cast Gerrard's Verdict to be Misdirected. WW

Nice tech! You Disrupting Shoal my Mox and I can't do anything. LL

OTP you lose the race after discarding 2 cards, OTD you can kill all of my permanents before I win, then win with Blinkmoth. WL

11W 0D 9L = 33

I didn't want to play turn 1 combo, so I was uncreative and went with basically the same deck as last week. I even got the same score!
    Last edited by RoosterCocoa; 05-05-2022 at 02:08 PM.

I have no idea what I am doing anymore, so I just came up with something that at least WD vs wistful donate.

I kill you with your crypt if you give it to me. I do need exile my sapphire OTD so I can’t win though. WD 4-1

LL per above. 0-6

None of your disruption affects me. WW 6-0

Karn passive is too strong against me. LL 0-6

WW per above? 6-0

Eventually you kill all my stuff. 0-6

WW 6-0

LL 0-6

LL 0-6

Not doing so hot this season. 7W 1D 10 L for 22/54

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post

1. Asthereal (TO): OTP I play out my hand first. If you Donate Crypt, I can destroy it. OTD I lose to Wistful Thinking. WL 3-3
    You can’t destroy crypt if you control it

maxx!: Sea's Claim, Misdirection, Island, Blinkmoth Nexus

Wanted to be sure I beat this deck. If you ever cast either of your blue spells, I Misdirection it back to you. 6-0

Can't beat Karn at all. 0-6

The mirror, except Inkmoth Nexus is banned, so this isn't a legal submission. If that's actually Blinkmoth, we stare. If it's Island, then I Misdirection your Sea's Claim and kill you with my land. 2-2 or 6-0

I can't do anything to stop your animated Mox. 0-6

Yikes. My cards don't do anything, and chump blocking Karn only buys me 1 turn. You die in 7 turns and I die in 5. 0-6

I can't beat Dreadhorde Invasion. 0-6

Dreadbore is a blank. You can't cast Cleansing Wildfire while I have Misdirection up, but if I cast Sea's Claim then you can. I think you win the race, so I would want to force the draw, but I'll check:

OTD
    T1 Den / Blinkmoth
    T2 Slagheap / Attack (P: 19), EOT add counter (1c)
    T5 Pass / Attack (P: 16), EOT add counter (4c)
    T6 Animate Den (0c), attack (m: 16) / Attack (P: 15)
    T7 Attack with 1 Goblin (m: 15) / Attack (P: 14), EOT add counter (1c)
    T10 Attack with 1 Goblin (m: 12) / Attack (P: 11), EOT add counter (4c)
    T11 Animate Den (0c), attack (m: 8) / Attack (P: 10)

Not remotely close. I have to Claim one of your lands, but no matter which one I target, you can make Cleansing Wildfire mana. 2-2

This is me :]

I came very close to playing Pact+Shoal this round. The good news is that I can easily Sea's Claim your Hall and win before you have enough mana to hardcast Shoal. The bad news is that your deck is better than mine against basically everyone else. 6Hall -0

I have to hold Sea's Claim to threaten Misdirection, else you could Trophy Sea's Claim. Blinkmoths stare at each other. 2-2

6+0+6+0+0+0+2+6+2 = 22

A bit disappointing after 2 straight wins, especially since both of my other decks (one was basically silkster's) would've done so well this round, but oh well. I expected way more storage lands and Donate. Blinkmoth was also super weak, but the manlands are really starting to thin out. I should've played Hall of the Storm Giants and one of the time spiral lands over Island and Blinkmoth.

GoblinSmashmaster Results for Round "Combo"

Metal smash, then discard 3-3

Karn vs Karn 3-3

Metal smash! 6-0

Metal smash! 6-0

That's me on nongoblins again

Metal smash, then discard 3-3

Metal smash! 6-0

Metal smash! 6-0

Shoal 0-6

Metal smash! 6-0

Total: 39 points

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Reeplcheep View Post
    You can’t destroy crypt if you control it
    Good point. Then Scepter-Trophy was an even worse choice this round. I thought it would at least WL vs Donate.

Quote Originally Posted by RoosterCocoa View Post

Karn can't beat Dreadhorde Invasion. WW
    Disagreement. I think Goblinsmashmaster is right. You can't use Mox with Karn out (Null Rod effect).

Quote Originally Posted by maxx! View Post
    maxx!: Sea's Claim, Misdirection, Island, Blinkmoth Nexus

Yikes. My cards don't do anything, and chump blocking Karn only buys me 1 turn. You die in 7 turns and I die in 5. 0-6
    Even worse. Karn + Liquimetal Coating destroys all lands and Mana Crypt so it isn't even a race.

That combo is a brutal double-whammy against both artifact acceleration and slow lands.

me: ​ ​ ​ Den of the Bugbear ​ , ​ Molten Slagheap ​ , ​ Cleansing Wildfire ​ , ​ Dreadbore

1. Asthereal (TO): Island, Mana Crypt, Wistful Thinking, Donate ​ LL 0-6

I Wistfully Think about the hand I used to have, and then lose because I get lost in the Crypt.

2. dte: Channel, Mox emerald, Karn liberated, Lair of the hydra ​ LL 0-6

You cast Karn and exile one of my lands on T1, so I can't do anything.
    After that, you restart the game with both of my lands, for a win.

3. alphastryk: Island, Inkmoth Nexus, Misdirection, Sea's Claim ​ DD 2-2

Inkmoth Nexus is banned. ​ If it gets replaced with a basic land, then:
    You have no wincon, so you don't win. ​ Sea's Claim stops my wincon, so I don't win.

If instead Inkmoth gets replaced with Blinkmoth, then the
    result doesn't change: See my analysis below for maxx!'s deck.

4. Reeplcheep: Gemstone Caverns, Memory’s Journey, The blackstaff of waterdeep, Mox Sapphire ​ WW 6-0

If you get locked out or just wait, then I can go up to 80 stored, to animate 20 times in the same turn.
    T0 Caverns doesn't speed you up since neither of your artifacts have Flash, so you cast your artifacts
    on your T1. ​ On your T2, you animate Sapphire and attack. ​ On my T2, I Cleanse your Caverns.
    If you don't cast Memory's Journey that turn, then you won't have enough mana to cast it later.
    If you do cast Memory's Journey that turn, then it would cost {G} to cast again, but you
    won't be able to produce that since if you re-play Caverns, it won't have a luck counter on it.
    Thus you can't recur Sapphire. ​ On your T3, Sapphire attacks again. ​ On my T3, I store in my Slagheap.
    You can't wait, so Sapphire attacks again. ​ You can't untap Blackstaff between that and your next turn,
    so Dreadbore destroys Sapphire, leaving me with 8 life. ​ That locks you out, so Den wins for me.

5. GoblinSmashmaster: Crystal Vein, Mana Crypt, Karn, the Great Creator, Liquimetal Coating ​ LL 0-6

On T1, you cast Mana Crypt and Liquimetal Coating. ​ If I already played or play a land, then you Coat it.
    On T2, you play Vein and cast Karn. ​ My spells are both sorceries and I can't do anything with activated
    abilities of just 1 land, so I'm locked out. ​ You would win the race anyway, though shortly before posting
    this I noticed FTW pointing out that there's not even a race, since Karn's +1 can kill Mana Crypt.

6. RoosterCocoa: Swamp, Mox Pearl, Gerrard's Verdict, Dreadhorde Invasion ​ LL 0-6

Gerrard gives his Verdict on T1. ​ I can't cast anything before that or in response to that, so
    I discard 2 cards to it. ​ If I discard a land then I'm locked out, so I discard both of my spells.
    The Dreadhorde Invades on your T2, and I'll lose to it
    no later than your T9 if the most I do is chump-block once.
    The soonest I can get 8 stored is my T9, but me doing that means I can't animate before my T10.
    Thus I have only 1 animation available in time, and need to achieve more than a single chump-block
    before my T10. ​ The soonest I can animate at all is my T6, so my creatures deal at most 7 damage
    to you before you attack on T9. ​ You lose at most 7 life to the Dreadhorde before you attack on T9,
    so counterattacks don't save me. ​ Your T6 attack is with a 4/4, and Den blocking doesn't make
    any Goblins, so me blocking doesn't achieve more than me chumping once. ​ Thus you win.

This is me.

8. maxx!: Sea's Claim, Misdirection, Island, Blinkmoth Nexus ​ DD 2-2

I can't win, since the Sea can Claim either of my lands to stop me from doing anything offensively.

Blinkmoth Nexus attacking is the only way for you to make progress,
    so leaving it back to block can't win for you. ​ However, I goldfish on T15,
    so the Sea must Claim 1 of my lands no later than your T15.
    That leaves you unable to Misdirect, so I can Cleanse the Nexus before your T17.
    Thus you also don't win.

9. silkster: Hall of Storm Giants, Calciform Pools, Disrupting Shoal, Pact of Negation ​ WW 6-0

I cast Cleansing Fire on my T2, or on my next turn after you play a land if you haven't done so by my T2.
    You don't have a card for Disrupting Shoal's alternate cost, won't have
    enough mana for Disrupting Shoal's alternate cost with X=2, and won't
    have enough mana for Pact of Negation's trigger of you respond with that.
    Thus Cleansing Fire resolves, so Den wins since Hall can't animate.

10. FTW: Mox Emerald, Blinkmoth Nexus, Isochron Scepter, Assassin's Trophy ​ WL 3-3

When I initially posted this, I missed that you can't cast Assassin's Trophy other than
    via Isochron Scepter. ​ Whoever is OTP casts land destruction, locking the other out.

4 LL ​ + ​ 2 DD ​ + ​ 1 WL ​ + ​ 2 WW ​ ​ ​ = ​ ​ ​ 19 points

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Asthereal's scores for round 5:

1. Asthereal (TO): Island, Mana Crypt, Wistful Thinking, Donate <-me
    2. dte: Channel, Mox emerald, Karn liberated, Lair of the hydra WL
    3. alphastryk: Island, Inkmoth Nexus, Misdirection, Sea's Claim DD
    Unfortunately we both missed that you sent me the wrong manland. This one's banned, so you get a basic, which unfortunately costs you your wincon.
    But Misdirection does hamper my deck quite well. I can't Wistful because you'll make me discard Donate and I can't Donate as you'll make me give you an Island instead of the Crypt. So I don't do anything.
    4. Reeplcheep: Gemstone Caverns, Memory’s Journey, The blackstaff of waterdeep, Mox Sapphire DL
    Clever: you can use the mana from the Crypt I give you to activate Staff. Which is why OTD I lose. OTP you're forced to exile Mox and can't use Staff proactively anymore. I do nothing and we draw.
    5. GoblinSmashmaster: Crystal Vein, Mana Crypt, Karn, the Great Creator, Liquimetal Coating WL
    OTP I Wistful and you lose everything. OTD you make Karn, invalidating my Crypt. You then have time to use your Crypt to cast Coating and use Karn to kill your Crypt, after which the animated Coating kills me.
    6. RoosterCocoa: Swamp, Mox Pearl, Gerrard's Verdict, Dreadhorde Invasion WL
    OTP Wistful takes the house, OTD you Verdict me and I need three cards to do useful stuff.
    7. Phasmoid: Den of the Bugbear, Molten Slagheap, Cleansing Wildfire, Dreadbore WW
    T1 deck beats T2+ deck.
    8. maxx!: Sea's Claim, Misdirection, Island, Blinkmoth Nexus LL
    Yup, this version of the deck does destroy mine.
    9. silkster: Hall of Storm Giants, Calciform Pools, Disrupting Shoal, Pact of Negation LL
    You use Pact to exile to Shoal. Clever anti-Crypt tech, though seems a tad narrow. I was looking for these kinds of things, but what I found was all quite narrow, so felt it'd be safer to just play the obvious deck.
    10. FTW: Mox Emerald, Blinkmoth Nexus, Isochron Scepter, Assassin's Trophy WW
    Trophy has a clause that saves me here: it only destroys stuff you don't control. So you can't destroy the Crypt I give you.

Total: 24 points

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

I submitted the banned Nexus, so my deck has no win condition :(

Neither of us can win. DD

2-2

Even with a functioning win condition I couldn't beat this. LL

0-6

me

I can't interact with your win condition. LL

0-6

Nice deck, I can't interact with it. LL

0-6

Even with Inkmoth I couldn't race Invasion, and you just don't cast Verdict into Misdirection. LL

0-6

With me not having a win condition, both Wildfire and Dreadbore are dead. If you ever play out Slagheap I Claim it. DD

2-2

Oh hey this is what my submission should be! If I got the land right this would be DD, but with a second Island its LL for me instead.

0-6

If you play out either land, I Claim it, which you can't stop with either Shoal or Pact. DD

2-2

Misdirection does nothing, and if I try to Claim your Nexus you just Trophy the Claim. LL

0-6

6 points, would have been 18 if I submitted the legal land, so still not amazing. Didn't have a good read on the metagame, expected more Crypt+Donate and Storage land strategies.

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    FTW's deck is in, and I'm done at work, so let's go:

DECKS FOR ROUND 5 OF SEASON 12: Vintage Creatureless Bannathon

I really hate to do this to myself (and alpha who already can’t win any matchups), but I just realized that Donate has two targets (the player and the permanent), while Misdirection can only misdirect spells with a single target. So my mediocre and narrow deck can’t even beat the deck it was built to beat. 0-6 vs Asthereal?

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by maxx! View Post
    I really hate to do this to myself (and alpha who already can’t win any matchups), but I just realized that Donate has two targets (the player and the permanent), while Misdirection can only misdirect spells with a single target. So my mediocre and narrow deck can’t even beat the deck it was built to beat. 0-6 vs Asthereal?
    Ouch, but accurate. So much for Misdirection being any sort of tech.

Feb 2014

Quote Originally Posted by alphastryk View Post
    Ouch, but accurate. So much for Misdirection being any sort of tech.
    The good news is that crypt/donate is banned then :)

Thread Information