Page 317 of 317 FirstFirst ... 217267307313314315316317
Results 6,321 to 6,327 of 6327

Thread: 4 Card Blind

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Re: 4 Card Blind

Asthereal's scores for shamelessly stealing the best deck that survived last round's bannings.

1. Asthereal (TO): Mana Vault, Karn, Scion of Urza, Manifold Key, Dust Bowl <-me
    2. dte: Swamp, Encroach, tel-jilad stylus, sarcomancy WL
    OTD Encroach gets me. OTP I dump my hand and make a 3/3, then have two 4/4s and then a waiting turn before I continue towards 3 5/5s. T1 2/2, T3 second 2/2 isn't fast enough to stabilize.
    3. alphastryk: Swamp, Pithing Needle->Swamp, Sphere of Annihilation, Sarcomancy WW
    Missed the banned card here. Needle would have done a lot here.
    4. Phasmoid: Volcanic Island, Volcanic Island, Curse of the Pierced Heart, Energy Field WW
    Curse is slow, Dust Bowl guarantees I don't fold to Energy Field. I'm lucky you didn't go for two basics.
    5. Reeplcheep: Lotus Bloom, Lotus Bloom, Barren Glory, Noxious Revival WW
    I actually race the combo.
    6. RoosterCocoa: Underground Sea, Encroach, Void Snare, Sarcomancy WL
    OTD I get Encroached. OTP I get to do my thing.
    7. GoblinSmashmaster: Peat Bog, Badlands, Goblin Assault, Attrition WW
    I need to spend a full turn to untap Vault, but you need Badlands to use Attrition, so I have just enough time to stop your combo, and i.t.m.t. Karn runs rampant.
    8. maxx!: Swamp, Encroach, Sarcomancy, Funeral Charm WL
    OTD Encroach, OTP I dump my hand and win.
    9. FTW: Hickory Woodlot, Rhonas's Last Stand, Wheel of Sun and Moon, Force of Vigor LL
    Force of Vigor is a nice touch. Can't beat that, as you'll use it in response to me untapping Vault.
    10. silkster: Tomb of Urami, Molten Slagheap, Gut Shot, Drill Bit WL
    OTD Drill Bit + Gut Shot gets me by taking Vault. OTP I dump my hand and win.

Total: 36 points. That's pretty good considering I completely failed to meta at all. I just saw dte's deck from last time and ran with it.

PS. Note for next time: I feel like we should cap the bannings at 3.5 season points. We're banning six decks per round now, which is just too fast, and when the last few rounds come along I fear the banned list will be close to unmanageable.
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    PS. Note for next time: I feel like we should cap the bannings at 3.5 season points. We're banning six decks per round now, which is just too fast, and when the last few rounds come along I fear the banned list will be close to unmanageable.
    Having my dread fugue deck get banned immediately after going WL vs everything felt kinda silly. Has anyone come forward to GM?

Quote Originally Posted by silkster View Post

I'm really sad that I lose to Barren Glory, cause I thought that deck was unplayable here, losing to so many things. Of course, if a deck is "unplayable", then playing a deck that beats it is no priority, so maybe people move away to what beats those decks, as I did. Well played.
    Ö
    It turns out that Encroach was already a 1-mana discard spell that didn't require setup. I'm glad that Rhonas's Last Stand has had its... last stand!
    I made a hard bet that encroach was going to be widely played, since it has such a long pedigree in our other seasons. I didnít expect decks like roosters, because I thought people who thought encroach was good would play basics.

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    This was actually my original proposal (or decks scoring strictly greater than 3), but I'm actually really happy with the evolution from round to round. While planning my R8 deck, I did a quick check to see whether this season was 12 or 15 rounds because I worried that it would end at 12 before pure silliness abounds. I like the larger banlist for allowing new ideas to surface, but managing the banlist is definitely a tradeoff.

I manage my banlist in the same spreadsheet that I use for brainstorming, and with the cards categorized by function, I'm able to see what's gone and what's left quite easily. Of course, I've forgotten to add many things along the way, like Foil, Lotus Peta,l and Encroach catching me by surprise.

1. Asthereal (TO): Mana Vault, Karn, Scion of Urza, Manifold Key, Dust Bowl
    3-3

2. dte: Swamp, Encroach, tel-jilad stylus, sarcomancy
    Me, sporting encroach and my favourite stylus.

3. alphastryk: Swamp, Pithing Needle->Swamp, Sphere of Annihilation, Sarcomancy
    6-0, if needle was legal it would have been the opposite.

4. Phasmoid: Volcanic Island, Volcanic Island, Curse of the Pierced Heart, Energy Field
    6-0, lucking out on your lands choice.

5. Reeplcheep: Lotus Bloom, Lotus Bloom, Barren Glory, Noxious Revival
    0-6, that I cannot beat.

6. RoosterCocoa: Underground Sea, Encroach, Void Snare, Sarcomancy
    6-0, stylus / sarcomancy takes it.

7. GoblinSmashmaster: Peat Bog, Badlands, Goblin Assault, Attrition
    6-0, encroach.

8. maxx!: Swamp, Encroach, Sarcomancy, Funeral Charm
    6-0, I play more sarcomancies.

9. FTW: Hickory Woodlot, Rhonas's Last Stand, Wheel of Sun and Moon, Force of Vigor
    3-3. OTD I trade two zombies for a snake, and dies from my sarcomancy triggers.

10. silkster: Tomb of Urami, Molten Slagheap, Gut Shot, Drill Bit
    4-1. I remember when you beat with chancellor of the forge / drill bit, but somehow never thought of the csrds for this season. On the other hand, you are banning tomb, which I have hesitated to play at every single round (originally with dark ritual and Davriel). It wad a perfect combination for drill beat.

On the ban at 3.0, I think it promotes a lot of renewal and diversity. Without it we would still be on moxland I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeplcheep View Post
    Has anyone come forward to GM?
    What does that mean?

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by dte View Post
    What does that mean?
    I think he means whether anyone has volunteered to organize this, since I am alomst certainly going to stop after this season.
    But I used TO (tournament organizer) as short, and I'm guessing Reep also plays D&D or something similar, where GM is the term.

But no, no volunteers yet. But it's not hard to organize.

And we'll need a new thread anyway, as the current first post is running out of character space.
    I recommend the one taking over to claim the first five posts or something, so there's room to move old stuff to archive posts.
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

Thread Information