Page 319 of 332 FirstFirst ... 219269309315316317318319320321322323329 ... LastLast
Results 6,361 to 6,380 of 6623

Thread: 4 Card Blind

Re: 4 Card Blind

Quote Originally Posted by dte View Post
    Tough luck for RoosterCocoa, I thought it was actually a good deck.
    Yeah, I thought it looked good at a glanceI was actually just looking at an Offer You Can't Refuse + Sprout based deck and noticing that it would have gotten about 4 round points a few rounds ago, but I think the window might be over.

Quote Originally Posted by alphastryk View Post
    I must have checked and rechecked the ban list at least 20 times after the last few mishaps
    I had Peat Bog in my gauntlet too, and checked the legality a few times. I think it's because it got banned really early in the Pauper Season, and then I kept wanting to play it for the rest of the season and the Peasant Season. I've already felt the bannings of Subterranean Hangar and Bottomless Vault when I had to use a painland to charge Molten Slagheap.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Standings for round 9:
    1. dte: 39 - 4,3
    2. silkster: 39 - 4,3
    3. Reeplcheep: 27 - 3
    4. alphastryk: 24 - 2,7
    5. maxx!: 24 - 2,7
    6. Asthereal (TO): 23 - 2,6
    7. GoblinSmashmaster: 23 - 2,6
    8. Phasmoid: 23 - 2,6
    9. FTW: 20 - 2,2
    10. RoosterCocoa: 8 - 0,9

Leads to these bannings:
    Badlands
    Chrome Mox
    Jeweled Amulet
    Kuldotha Rebirth
    Mind Swords
    Sinkhole
    The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale
    Tribute to Horobi
    Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth

And the seasonb standings hardly change:
    1. dte: 34,8
    2. silkster: 32,5
    3. FTW: 29,3
    4. maxx!: 27,9
    5. RoosterCocoa: 27,6
    6. Asthereal (TO): 26,3
    7. Reeplcheep: 24,2
    8. GoblinSmashmaster: 22,7
    9. alphastryk: 20,1
    10. Phasmoid: 19,9
    11. Nasst: 6,1
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

ROUND 10 OF SEASON 12: VINTAGE CREATURELESS BANNATHON has started.

I have PM'ed myself my deck for round 10, so you can start sending me your decks.

DEADLINE: Wednesday the 8th of June at 11:00AM Central European Time.
    (That's my time zone. Pacific Time it'll probably be something like Tuesday night a bit past midnight, so keep that in mind.)

PLEASE NOTE:
    The way you send your deck to me matters. Please send it in the way described below, so it doesn't cost me an hour of editing before I can post all the decks.
    Please send your deck as follows: Mountain, Plains, Forest, Shivan Gorge.
    So with card tags around each card, and not above eachother, and with your Username and 4CB S12R10 in the topic.
    Don't forget to keep an eye on the banned list. You'll find it in the second post of the thread, or in our Google Spreadsheet.

After the deadline has passed, I will post all decks on the forum here, and you can start puzzling out your scores.
    If you have any questions, please read the first two posts of this thread first. If you can't find the answer there, drop a message here. We'll answer a.s.a.p.

Happy deckbuilding!

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Deadline has passed, and I'm missing only FTW's entry. I'll give you a bit more time while I do work stuff.

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    Deadline has passed, and I'm missing only FTW's entry. I'll give you a bit more time while I do work stuff.
    Sent!

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

DECKS FOR ROUND 10 OF SEASON 12: Vintage Creatureless Bannathon

1. Asthereal (TO): Plains, Angel's Grace, Pact of the Titan, Pact of the Titan
    2. Phasmoid: Khalni Garden, Tundra, Angelic Ascension, Energy Field
    3. Reeplcheep: Smallpox, Okiba reckoner raid, Swamp, Swamp
    4. GoblinSmashmaster: Saprazzan Skerry, Grim Monolith, Power Artifact, Goblin Cannon
    5. dte: Plains, Mistveil plains, Conjurer's bauble, Gather the townsfolk
    6. alphastryk: Mountain, Mountain, Crack the Earth, Devastating Summons
    7. RoosterCocoa: Saprazzan Skerry, Shadowblood Ridge, Prismari Command, Hidetsugu Consumes All
    8. maxx!: Fungal Reaches, Den of the Bugbear, Chalice of the Void, Crack the Earth
    9. silkster: Saprazzan Skerry, Seat of the Synod, Rise and Shine, Stubborn Denial
    10. FTW: Mountain, Crack the Earth, Icatian Store, Gideon of the Trials

Please post your scores and cross-check with the opponents.
    I'll create a tab for the round in our Google Spreadsheet, so you can enter your scores there as well: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

My last deck LD deck was moderately successful, so I just ran this slight worse one. I am hoping for no pact decks…
    But I didn’t think the deck through, lots of draws from people giving me 2 time walks.

OTP I can wait until you play a plains to smallpox. But then you can wait until I have a creatures. DL 1-4.

LD wrecks energy field no matter when you play it. But you can win the race if I start moving before you play a land. DD 2-2

4. GoblinSmashmaster: Saprazzan Skerry, Grim Monolith, Power Artifact, Goblin Cannon
    T2 discard > t3 combo. WW 6-0

DD smallpox at any time will get rid of your 2nd white permanent and a land. You can only get one back. 2-2

If you play a land first I win. So you don’t. DD 2-2

7. RoosterCocoa: Saprazzan Skerry, Shadowblood Ridge, Prismari Command, Hidetsugu Consumes All

8. maxx!: Fungal Reaches, Den of the Bugbear, Chalice of the Void, Crack the Earth
    DD 2-2

9. silkster: Saprazzan Skerry, Seat of the Synod, Rise and Shine, Stubborn Denial
    LL 0-6

DD 2-2

My fatal mistake was to assume the opponent would play their first land.
    2 W 11 D 5L for 19/54

Sep 2011

Edit: Gideon vs 4/4 or smaller is a win, as low as 1 life.
    There are many 2/2s and 4/4s so this interaction comes up a lot.

Gideon +1s 1000 times to get very high loyalty -> other creature can't deal damage on those turns
    Gideon makes an emblem so I can't lose -> other creature can't kill Gideon in 1 turn
    Gideon starts attacking for 4 per turn -> other creature can't kill Gideon in time

If the other creature is X/4 or smaller, it can't survive blocking Gideon and Gideon wins.
    If it's X/5 or bigger it can block forever so I can only draw.

1. Asthereal (TO): Crack the Earth forces you to play Pacts and sacrifice 1 Giant, otherwise you lose your Plains and can't Angel's Grace. Then you have 1 4/4 vs Gideon. Gideon comes down T5 OTP and T6 OTD, while the 4/4 kills on your turn 6. OTP I'm fast enough to land Gideon to stabilize and win. OTD I'm 1 turn too slow. I messed up the math on this when making the deck. WL 3-3

2. Phasmoid: I skip Crack and play T4 Gideon. If you make a 4/4 Angel, Gideon locks it down forever, makes an emblem, then attacks. If you try to defend with Energy Field, Crack the Earth destroys it and Gideon wins. If you instead kill Gideon, I get a 4/4 Angel and Crack still beats Energy Field.
    Edit: Tokens dying don't break Energy Field, so I can't win. DD 2-2

3. Reeplcheep: Disagreement.
    I don't play Crack. If you Smallpox, I sacrifice Mountain & discard Crack. Icatian Store + Gideon is enough to beat your 2/2. WW 6-0

4. GoblinSmashmaster: Crack the Earth destroys your tapped land. WW 6-0

5. dte: Bauble protects you from Crack. I can go for Turbo-Gideon, but I think making 2 1/1s every 2 turns wins that race. LL 0-6?

6. alphastryk: If you make 2 2/2s, I Crack one and Gideon beats a 2/2. If you Crack and make 2 1/1s, I sacrifice Mountain and can't Crack back. T6 Gideon comes down, makes an emblem, then +1 forever to draw. DD 2-2?

7. RoosterCocoa: Crack prevents you from doing things. WW 6-0

8. maxx!: Worst case I can draw if I sacrifice Store to your Crack, then Crack you back. But if I sacrifice Mountain to yours, Gideon should race Chalice @ 3 or Den (+1 can target lands). WW 6-0

9. silkster: You have to play T1 Seat T2 Skerry T3 Rise to avoid losing to Crack. I can play T2 Crack to force out Stubborn Denial, then T6 Gideon is fast enough to stabilize and win against a turn 3 4/4. WW 6-0

37 points (11 wins, 4 draws, 3 losses)

I was hoping to use Mistveil Plains + white tokens in a later round. I expected to see cards that would make it bad here, but they didn't show up.
    Last edited by FTW; 06-08-2022 at 03:08 PM.

If you play your Pacts, Hidetsugu Consumes All destroys your tokens, and if you don't I make you discard 2 cards. WW

OTP I make you discard 2 before you can play anything, so you are locked out. OTD if you play Energy Field, I make you discard Angelic Ascension, which destroys Energy Field. If you instead play Angelic Ascension exiling your plant token, I make you discard Energy Field, then the next turn destroy your angel token with Hidetsugu Consumes All. WW

OTP I make you discard 2, then play Hidetsugu Consumes All on my next turn. If you had played Okiba Reckoner Raid, it gets destroyed by chapter 1 of Hidetsugu. OTD if I play a land you destroy it with Smallpox before I can do anything, so I don't until Okiba Reckoner Raid is a creature. This means you must sacrifice your only win con, so we draw. WD

I make you discard 2 before your combo goes off. WW

OTP I make your discard 2 before you can cast anything, so you can never both have Gather the Townsfolk in hand and have 2 lands to cast it. OTD I can only cast something after you have Conjurer's Bauble in play and have cast Gather the Townsfolk, so you have 2 1/1s. I play Hidetsugu Consumes All, so in response you use Conjurer's Bauble to put Gather the Townsfolk on the bottom of your library, and when Hidetsugu resolves it destroys your 1/1s. Next turn you can either play Gather the Townsfolk again or not. If you do play it, you get 2 1/1s, then next turn Hidetsugu gets a second lore counter, and exiles Gather the Townsfolk from your graveyard, then I eventually win with my 3/3. If you wait a turn to play Gather the Townsfolk, however, I make you discard it with Prismari Command, so you still lose since you don't have 2 white permanents in play to get it back. WW

I need 2 lands to play anything. LL

OTP on my turn 2 I play Prismari Command to make you discard 2 and make a treasure. If you don't counter it, you can't win and can't use Stubborn Denial to counter Hidetsugu Consumes All, so you do counter Prismari Command with Stubborn Denial. On your second turn, you play Saprazzan Skerry. On my third turn, I play Hidetsugu Consumes All, and we draw since you can't kill me before I get a counter on Hidetsugu and have it untapped to block. OTD you play Rise and Shine on your second turn, then I try to play Hidetsugu Consumes All. If you counter it, I destroy your Seat of the Synod with Prismari Command, so we draw. If you don't counter Hidetsugu, you attack me to 16 on your third turn, then to 12 on your fourth, then on my fourth turn Hidetsugu becomes a 3/3. On your fifth turn, you attack me to 8, and on my turn I attack you to make Hidetsugu a 4/4. On your sixth turn, you attack me to 4, but from then on I have a 4/4 untapped, so we draw. If you don't attack me to stop me from attacking when Hidetsugu is a 3/3, then I never attack and we still draw. DD

9W 3D 6L = 30

I forgot that Crack the Earth existed, but luckily not too many people played it.

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Crack the Earth takes your land before you can use Angel's Grace in your upkeep. WW

6-0

I think the best I can do is Crack the Earth as soon as you play Garden, but you can sac the Token to keep your land, then play Energy Field I can't get past. Every other approach I can come up with you win with a 4/4. DD

2-2

Neither of us can make meaningful progress, and if I proactively make a threat to win the race you can alway block to force the draw. DD

2-2

Crack the Earth beats your tapped land. WW

6-0

You can always play out Bauble as an extra permanent to feed into Crack the Earth, so I can't disrupt your Mistveil Plains engine. LL

0-6

me, playing to beat 3 of the 4 highest scoring decks from last round... which disappeared almost entirely

You need both your lands, so Crack the Earth does enough. WW

6-0

OTP, I lead with Mountain, then you play out Chalice for 0 and feed it into your Crack to keep your land. The best I can do from there is Crack back since you can't win without both lands and I can't race Den with just 2 1/1s. OTD plays out similarly. DD

2-2

You can always lead with Seat and use Denial to stop Crack if I jam it. OTP I can just Summons for 2 2/2s on my turn 2 for the draw, but OTD Denial with Ferocious stops me. DL

1-4

You can't proactively Crack the Earth and win, but I can't use my Crack proactively to kill your Store because you have Mountain to throw away. If I just jam Summons on my turn 2 however, My 2 2/2s do beat Gideon (edit, actually you can now remove 1 with Crack but all Gideon can do is force a draw there). I think the best result you can aim for is to proactively Crack for the draw (Gideon races 2 1/1s so I Crack back to remove Store) DD

2-2

Total: 27 points, just enough to get banned if I did my math right

Sep 2011

You can't proactively Crack the Earth and win, but I can't use my Crack proactively to kill your Store because you have Mountain to throw away. If I just jam Summons on my turn 2 however, My 2 2/2s do beat Gideon (edit, actually you can now remove 1 with Crack but all Gideon can do is force a draw there). I think the best result you can aim for is to proactively Crack for the draw (Gideon races 2 1/1s so I Crack back to remove Store) DD

2-2
    If you make 2 2/2s, Crack kills 1 and Gideon beats the other 2/2.

Gideon +1s 1000 times to get very high loyalty while the 2/2 deals no damage.
    Then Gideon makes an emblem.
    Then Gideon starts attacking for 4 per turn.
    I can't lose to combat damage (emblem) and Gideon is too high to kill in time.

Gideon vs anything smaller than 4/5 is a win, as low as 1 life.
    Gideon vs 4/5 or bigger is a draw (it can block the 4/4 indestructible forever)

But I think Gideon can't race the 2 1/1s. If you proactively Crack and make 2 1/1s, I think that line draws.

2. me: ​ ​ ​ Khalni Garden ​ , ​ Tundra ​ , ​ Angelic Ascension ​ , ​ Energy Field

1. Asthereal (TO): Plains, Angel's Grace, Pact of the Titan, Pact of the Titan ​ WW 6-0

I had this deck in mind while choosing my last card (Energy Field).
    I thought this deck would be likely-enough to discourage CtE.

This is me.

3. Reeplcheep: Smallpox, Okiba reckoner raid, Swamp, Swamp ​ DD 2-2

Smallpox's creature-sacrifice part means I can't win. ​ To avoid losing to it, I wait until you cast Smallpox or
    ORR turns into NRC. ​ If this becomes a race between NRC and Angel, then even after the life changes from
    ORR and an optional Smallpox, the race would be you attacking 9 times vs me attacking 6 times. ​ If you cast
    Smallpox before ORR turns into NRC, then I discard Energy Field, after which I win the race. ​ Thus, suppose
    ORR turns into NRC before you cast Smallpox. ​ _Now_, I start making my Angel. ​ You only get 2 attacks
    before I can attack back, so I would win the race. ​ Thus you cast Smallpox, eliminating both of our threats.

4. GoblinSmashmaster: Saprazzan Skerry, Grim Monolith, Power Artifact, Goblin Cannon ​ DD 2-2

Even when I am OTD, I get Energy Field up before you can go off. ​ My tokens aren't _cards_,
    so them dying doesn't get rid of Energy Field, which means you can't win.
    However, your combo still does kill my threat, so you also don't lose.

5. dte: Plains, Mistveil plains, Conjurer's bauble, Gather the townsfolk ​ WW 6-0
    You can't get around Energy Field or stop my flier.

6. alphastryk: Mountain, Mountain, Crack the Earth, Devastating Summons ​ DD 2-2

I can't beat T1 Crack the Earth. ​ However, I _can_ sacrifice a Plant to it,
    and since that's not a _card_, Energy Field means I also don't lose.

7. RoosterCocoa: Saprazzan Skerry, Shadowblood Ridge, Prismari Command, Hidetsugu Consumes All ​ LL 0-6

I had this wrong in my initial post,, but then saw RoosterCocoa's results post.
    T2 Prismari Command locks me out of all but my Angel,
    Hidetsugu Consumes my Angel if I made it, and then your Vessel Consumes me.

8. maxx!: Fungal Reaches, Den of the Bugbear, Chalice of the Void, Crack the Earth ​ DD 2-2

I can't beat T1 Crack the Earth. ​ However, I _can_ sacrifice a Plant to it,
    and since that's not a _card_, Energy Field means I also don't lose.
    (You can't get mana quickly-enough for Chalice to counter T2 Energy Field.)

9. silkster: Saprazzan Skerry, Seat of the Synod, Rise and Shine, Stubborn Denial ​ DD 2-2

You can Stubbornly Deny my Ascension, so you don't lose. ​ I get
    either Energy Field or a 4/4 to trade with your 4/4, so I don't lose.

10. FTW: Mountain, Crack the Earth, Icatian Store, Gideon of the Trials ​ DD 2-2

I can't beat T1 Crack the Earth - or T5 or T6 Gideon of the Trials, for that matter. ​ However, I _can_
    sacrifice a Plant to Crack the Earth, and since my Plant isn't a _card_, Energy Field means I also don't lose.

1 LL ​ + ​ 6 DD ​ + ​ 2 WW ​ ​ ​ = ​ ​ ​ 24 points
    Last edited by Phasmoid; 06-08-2022 at 02:19 PM. Reason: read RoosterCocoa's post

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Phasmoid View Post
    2. me: ​ ​ ​ Khalni Garden ​ , ​ Tundra ​ , ​ Angelic Ascension ​ , ​ Energy Field

10. FTW: Mountain, Crack the Earth, Icatian Store, Gideon of the Trials ​ DD 2-2

I can't beat T1 Crack the Earth - or T5 or T6 Gideon of the Trials, for that matter. ​ However, I _can_
    sacrifice a Plant to Crack the Earth, and since my Plant isn't a _card_, Energy Field means I also don't lose.
    6 DD ​ + ​ 1 WL ​ + ​ 2 WW ​ ​ ​ = ​ ​ ​ 27 points
    Interesting. Since Energy Field is an old card, I thought it had errata. Token death normally triggers a "when ~ goes to the graveyard". They first go to the graveyard then get exiled. But I can't find a ruling anywhere for Energy Field & tokens. Can anyone clarify this rule?

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    Interesting. Since Energy Field is an old card, I thought it had errata. Token death normally triggers a "when ~ goes to the graveyard". They first go to the graveyard then get exiled. But I can't find a ruling anywhere for Energy Field & tokens. Can anyone clarify this rule?
    Tokens aren’t cards. What you are talking about is true for dying; your crack the earth would exile your own bridge from below.

Sep 2011

Interesting. Editing above result.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeplcheep View Post
    This one's different from the others because I only need 2 cards. I play out Mountain, don't Crack, then build towards Gideon. You can safely Smallpox and make your 2/2, but I sac Mountain&Crack to Smallpox and win with Gideon.

me, playing to beat 3 of the 4 highest scoring decks from last round... which disappeared almost entirely
    Crack the Earth takes your land before you can use Angel's Grace in your upkeep. WW

6-0

No; Crack the Earth takes 1 of Asthereal's 2 Giants, after which the remaining Giant beats your two 1/1s.
    If you Summon 2/2s instead, then you can't Crack, in which case you lose to the 2 Giants.

maxx!: Fungal Reaches, Den of the Bugbear, Chalice of the Void, Crack the Earth

OTP I cast Chalice for 0 and you can't respond with Pacts or you'll lose on your upkeep. OTD I cast Chalice for 0, you respond with both Pacts, and then I Crack the Earth. I sac Chalice and you sac a Giant, and then your 4/4 beats me before Bugbear gets going. 3-3

Khalni Garden makes Crack the Earth look so much worse than Raze. If I hold Crack then you can turn your Plant into an Angel and I can't beat it, so I have to Crack ASAP. You sac your Plant, then play Energy Field and we stare. 2-2

I can't win if you Smallpox either of my lands, and you have a 1-drop that you can sac to Crack to keep your Swamp. So I need to play for the draw, and Menace means I need to have 2 blockers available before I'm dead.

OTD
    T1 Okiba RR (R:21, m:19) / Pass
    T2 Swamp (R:22, m:18) / DotB
    T3 Flip to Nezumi / Fungal Reaches
    T4 Attack (m:16), EOT add counter (1c) / Pass
    T5 Attack (m:14), EOT add counter (2c) / Pass
    T6 Attack (m:12), EOT add counter (3c) / Pass
    T7 Attack (m:10), EOT add counter (4c) / Attack (R:18, 1x 1/1 token)
    T8 Attack (m:8) / Attack with token (R:17)
    T9 Attack (m:6), EOT add counter (1c) / Attack with token (R:16)
    T10 Attack (m:4), EOT add counter (2c) / Attack with token (R:15)
    T11 Attack (m:2), EOT add counter (3c) / Attack with token (R:14)
    T12 Attack (m:0)

I barely lose this line. I don't think Crack actually helps me, since you can just sac a Swamp. If I play either of my lands any earlier, you can Smallpox me and keep your threat. I think this is 0-6.

Crack gets your tapland. 6-0

This is tricky. I think I have to aim for a Chalice on 2, which I can't do until my turn 5. You can pretty easily play around Crack the Earth, so I think my best bet is to rush Chalice.

OTP
    T1 DotB / Mistveil Plains
    T2 Fungal / Plains, Gather (2x 1/1s), EOT add counter (1c)
    T3 Pass / Attack (18L), EOT add counter (2c)
    T4 Pass, EOT activate Mistveil / Attack (16L), Gather (4x 1/1s), EOT add counter (3c)
    T5 Chalice on 2 (0c) / Attack (12L)

I can't win this race. 0-6

This is interesting. OTP you have to Summons on your turn 1, or I'll place Chalice=1 on my turn 2 and lock you out. Then I play Chalice for 0 to play around your Crack, and should have plenty of time to activate DotB and flip the race. EDIT: I forgot that if I just play a land and pass on my turn 1, you can Crack me, so I have to play Chalice=0 both ways. You have the option to sac 2 lands instead of 1, but then I can Crack one of your 2/2s. This is close.

OTP
    T1 Chalice=0, DotB / Mountain
    T2 Fungal Reaches / Devastating Summons X=2, EOT add counter (1c)
    T3 Crack (sac Chalice and a token) / Attack (m:18)
    T4 Pass / Attack (m:16), EOT add counter (2c)
    T5 Pass / Attack (m:14), EOT add counter (3c)
    T6 Pass / Attack (m:12), EOT add counter (4c)
    T7 Activate DotB, Attack (a:16, 1x 1/1) / Attack (m:10)
    T8 Attack (a:15) / Attack (m:8), EOT add counter (1c)
    T9 Attack (a:14) / Attack (m:6), EOT add counter (2c)
    T10 Attack (a:13) / Attack (m:4), EOT add counter (3c)
    T11 Attack (a:12) / Attack (m:2), EOT add counter (4c)

I can now block and trade and still have a token to win with. If you stop attacking, then I stop attacking and just build up counters to stack triggers and win with one big attack. I barely win this one.

OTD
    T1 Mountain / Chalice=0, DotB
    T2 Mountain, Devastating Summons (X=2) / Fungal Reaches, Crack the Earth (sac token and Chalice)
    T3 Attack (m:18) / Pass
    T4 Attack (m:16), EOT add counter (1c) / Pass
    T5 Attack (m:14), EOT add counter (2c) / Pass
    T6 Attack (m:12), EOT add counter (3c) / Pass
    T7 Attack (m:10), EOT add counter (4c) / Activate DotB, Attack (a:16, 0c, 1x 1/1)
    T8 Attack (m:8) / Attack (a:15)
    T9 Attack (m:6), EOT add counter (1c) / Attack (a:14)
    T10 Attack (m:4), EOT add counter (2c) / Attack (a:13)
    T11 Attack (m:2), EOT add counter (3c) / Pass
    T12 Attack, chump with token, EOT add counter (4c) / Pass
    T13 Attack, activate DotB, block, trade

Looks like I'm a turn too slow to win and have to block for the draw. 4-1

Crack your Skerry. 6-0

This is me :]

If you play Skerry first, I Crack immediately. So you play Seat first, then I play DotB and pass. If you ever play Skerry, I'll Crack with an extra land up to pay for Stubborn Denial, and you need both your lands to do anything. If you wait, I build up counters until I have enough to activate DotB 17 times on the same turn to one-shot you. 6-0

I can't beat Gideon, and I can't make a Chalice big enough to stop him before you cast him. 0-6

3+2+0+6+0+4+6+6+0 = 27

Seeing 3 copies of Crack the Earth before Raze even got played is pretty wild. I guess the indestructible lands last round tipped everyone off. I think my threat was just a bit too slow. Looks like FTW had the right idea with a standalone threat and Masques storage land. I was hoping Chalice would give me a few more tricks, but it wasn't enough to overcome how slow Den of the Bugbear is.
    Last edited by maxx!; 06-08-2022 at 04:41 PM.

GoblinSmashmaster Results for Round "LD again"

Goblin blast! 6-0

Energy Field 2-2

LD :( 0-6

That's me, on another Goblin combo!

Goblin blast! 6-0

Discard 0-6

Counter 0-6

Total: 14 points

I had thought GSM's deck would do much better, once I figured out how the combo worked.

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by Phasmoid View Post
    No; Crack the Earth takes 1 of Asthereal's 2 Giants, after which the remaining Giant beats your two 1/1s.
    If you Summon 2/2s instead, then you can't Crack, in which case you lose to the 2 Giants.
    Whoops, I knew this at some point but when I started testing my gauntlet decks I wrote it down backwards. Turns out I chose poorly. Updating the spreadsheet

Thread Information